WILL THEY SUBMIT?

thelivyjr
Site Admin

WILL THEY SUBMIT?

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 20, 2017

WILL THEY SUBMIT, OR WILL THEY RESIST

Special to the Mirror by Paul Plante

Doesn’t that sound like something Shakespeare might have said in one of his plays back when?

And what a time this is to be alive if you like drama, and plenty of it, and let’s face it, we’re all living lives of quiet desperation as someone once said who was said to know such things, and so we all crave drama to get us through the otherwise boring day!

As to drama, and plenty of it, for one thing, as I write these words, one form of language using antiquated words such as I use in here is dying, and a new language based on some form of gibberish called TWEETERESE is being born and is becoming used by the masses on a large scale, with some 328 million TWEETERESE speakers as of last count, while OLD AMERICAN, the language used in here more and more is being relegated to cultural backwaters, as the government itself and the courts all modernize based on an initiative launched by American president Donald Trump, who can actually speak in TWEETERESE, as well as compose presidential orders and missives and proclamations in it, and go over to TWEETERESE themselves so as to not lose a dime of the federal money they would have coming to them to convert.

Since TWEETERESE is still being invented, there is no dictionary to convert it into OLD AMERICAN, and won’t be for years, with the result that one generation in America can’t communicate in any meaningful way with another generation in America, with the one generation, the remaining OLD AMERICAN speakers, fading into obscurity as unneeded and therefore societally useless anachronisms, as the new generation takes charge of America at last, which is happening big time as I write these words.

A consequence of that societal upheaval where not only the language but the values themselves of an older generation are being cast onto the dustbin of history, is that we are becoming a nation without a common language or a common history or a common culture.

Old American history is falling all around us, to be replaced with a new politically correct revisionist American history that is still being invented as you read these words.

Consider the BALTIMORE SUN article “Roger Taney statue removed from Maryland State House grounds overnight – The statue of former U.S. Chief Justice Roger Taney, located outside of the Maryland State House in Annapolis, was removed overnight” by Pamela Wood and Erin Cox dated August 18, 2017, wherein was stated:

Under the cover of night, a work crew removed the statue of former Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, taking down the author of the infamous Dred Scott decision from his 145-year prominent perch in Annapolis.

It’s the latest monument linked to the Confederate era to be removed from a public square since white nationalists rallied in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend.

end quote

Ah, yes, people, the Confederate Era, which is becoming a forbidden topic in modern America with its new history that is being invented for us as I write these words.

And since we are on the subject of the forbidden Confederate Era, which is being written out of our history to be replaced by something new, which has yet to be announced, that brings me to my topic of will they submit, or will they resist, and the “they” are I am referring to is the U.S. Army and the Department of Defense and Secretary of Defense General Jim “Mad Dawg” Mattis and Major General Gary M. Brito, Commanding General, JRTC and Fort Polk, Louisiana.

When the howling mob of American Red Guards who are sweeping away old American history to replace it with a new, as-of-yet unannounced American history which has no remnants of old Confederate Era history in it come to Fort Polk in Louisiana to demand that any statues of Leonidas Polk in the possession of the U.S. Army at Fort Polk in Louisiana be destroyed along with any reference to him or his name anywhere on the post, with a further demand that the Army change the name of Fort Polk to Fort Hillary Clinton and Martin Luther King to rid it of its white supremacist racial overtones, will the Army resist that order from the Red Guard mob?

Or will it back down and accede to the mob’s demands out of fear of the mob?

Will Major General Gary M. Brito, Commanding General of the JRTC and Fort Polk, Louisiana, a native of Hyannis, Massachusetts who was commissioned an Infantry officer through Pennsylvania State University, entering active duty in March 1987, and assuming command of the Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk on May 4, 2016, whose previous assignments included Deputy Commanding General (Operations), 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii; Director, Force 2025 and Beyond, US Army Capabilities and Integration Center (ARCIC); Training and Doctrine and Command (TRADOC); and Operations Officer (G3) for III Corps, Fort Hood, Texas, in which capacity, he deployed and served as the Deputy Director, Afghanistan National Security Forces (ANSF) Development, International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) Joint Command in Kabul, Afghanistan, while throughout his career, he has served in a variety of command and staff assignments to include Commander, 120th Infantry Brigade, First Army; Commander, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3d Brigade, 3d Infantry Division; Operations Officer (S3), 2d Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment; and later as the Brigade Operations Officer (S3), 2d Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, and Aide-de-Camp to the III Corps Commanding General, Fort Hood, Texas; and Chief, Commander’s Planning Group (CPG) and interim Executive Officer to the Commanding General, TRADOC, twice serving at the National Training Center, Fort Irwin, California; first as a Company/Team and Battle Staff Observer/Controller and later as a Senior Battalion and Brigade Combat Team Trainer, who deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan and is the recipient of numerous decorations and badges, a graduate of the Infantry Officer Basic and Advanced courses, Airborne and Ranger schools, Combined Arms Staff Services School, Command General and Staff Officers Course, and Senior Service College at the Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), Norfolk, Virginia, holding a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Studies from Penn State University, a Master’s degree in Human Resources from Troy State University, and a second Master’s degree in Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy from the Joint Forces Staff College, simply stand down and surrender the Fort to the mob?

Or will he stand up to them, instead?

And why would the howling mob of Red Guards revising American history to make it politically correct be at Fort Polk making its demands in the first place?

A good question that is easily answered by referring to a book entitled Second Training Brigade Fort Polk, Louisiana United States Army Training Center – Infantry Company C Fifth Battalion, in the section HISTORY OF FORT POLK, wherein we are informed as follows:

Fort Polk, largest Army installation in Louisiana, containing 232 square miles, is also the youngest, fastest growing training facility in the Army.

Located in western Louisiana, near the burgeoning communities of Leesville and DeRidder, the installation covers more than 148,500 acres of Kisatchie National Forest.

The Post, originally called Camp Polk, was established as a result of the famous Louisiana maneuvers of 1941-42.

Twenty-two million dollars worth of construction was completed in mid-1942.

Fort Polk was named after the Right Reverend Leonidas Polk, known as the “Fighting Bishop.”

Reverend Polk was killed in action in 1864 at Marietta, Georgia, while fighting as a Confederate lieutenant general.

end quotes

There it is, people – Fort Polk, Louisiana, is named after a Confederate general who was fighting to maintain slavery in America which means the United States Army itself, which does have a lot of skinheads in it when you think about it, is celebrating America’s racist past and white supremacy, as well, and what a blot on our national consciousness that it, that we would have an army in this country that names it bases after enemies of the United States of America who were pro-slavery white supremacists.

So you can see why these history revisionists would be hot to make Fort Polk in Louisiana their next target now that they have gotten rid of Judge Taney and Bob Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

So this is going to be an interesting showdown when the howling mob of American Red Guards come to Fort Polk in Louisiana, which bills itself today as “HOME OF HEROS,” to demand that any statues of Leonidas Polk be destroyed along with any reference to him or his name anywhere on the post, which is going to have to change its name to Fort Hillary Clinton and Martin Luther King.

And when Leondias Polk goes down, who from the Confederate Era will go down next?

How about Abraham Lincoln, a well-known symbol himself of America’s Confederate Era and the white supremacy that era represents.

I mean clearly, that dude was as racist as they come, and a white supremacist to boot, as can clearly be seen in Part I of the 4th Debate of the Lincoln-Douglas Debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas in Charleston, Illinois on September 18, 1858, where Lincoln revealed himself as a white supremacist as follows:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: It will be very difficult for an audience so large as this to hear distinctly what a speaker says, and consequently it is important that as profound silence be preserved as possible.

While I was at the hotel today, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the negroes and white people.

While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it.

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

I will add to this that I have never seen, to my knowledge, a man, woman or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men.

end quotes

Now, there is a dude whose name needs to be scrubbed from American history and yes, indeed, the statue of Abe Lincoln in Washington, D.C. should be toppled down like Saddam’s statue was in Iraq, because it is yet another disturbing reminder of America’s racist past, and until every mention of Abe Lincoln is scrubbed from American history, including such reminders as the Lincoln bedroom in the white house, there can be no peace and harmony in this troubled land.

So get it done, America.

Get that white supremacist Abe Lincoln down off his pedestal and put him in the dustbin of history where he belongs, and peace and harmony will once again reign in the very troubled land.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/p ... ent-256171
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: WILL THEY SUBMIT?

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Paul Plante says :

Actually, Fort Polk, Louisiana is not the only U.S Army base named for a Confederate officer; there are nine others making it ten in all U.S. Army bases here in the United States of America named after Confederate officers, so the book burners and history revisionists bent on excising any trace of America’s Confederate past from our history still have some heavy lifting to do if the commanding officers of these Army posts don’t simply stand down and surrender their posts to the howling mob of American Red Guards come to erase the past in America.

For example, there is Camp Beauregard, La., which honors Louisiana native and Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard (1818-1893, West Point class of 1838), which is a major training site for the Louisiana National Guard.

Beauregard was the first brigadier general in the Confederate army, and when he was dispatched to defend Charleston, S.C., his troops began shelling Fort Sumter on April 12, 1861, launching the Civil War, so what in the hell could have been on the minds of the U.S. Army when they named an U.S. military reservation after him?

Is the U.S. Army glorifying slavery and racism and the Confederate cause by doing so?

And what about Fort Benning, Ga., which honors Brigadier General Henry Benning (1814-1875), a Georgia lawyer, politician, judge and supporter of slavery?

What on earth is up with that?

The Army established Camp Benning, known as the Home of the Infantry, in 1918 and it became a fort four years later 1950.

“In the wake of Lincoln’s election, Benning became one of Georgia’s most vocal proponents of secession,” according to the New Georgia Encyclopedia.

“On November 19, 1860, he delivered a speech before the state legislature urging immediate secession, ending the speech by saying, “(L)et us do our duty; and what is our duty?”

“I say, men of Georgia, let us lift up our voices and shout, Ho! for independence!”

“Let us follow the example of our ancestors, and prove ourselves worthy sons of worthy sires!’”

end quotes

What message is there in that for us today in America?

By naming Fort Benning after that Secesh dude, is the Army trying to encourage us all to be Secesh like him?

And my God, how about Fort Bragg, N.C., which honors General Braxton Bragg (1817-1876, West Point class of 1837).

And then, there is Fort Gordon, Ga., which honors Lieut. General John Brown Gordon (1832-1904), one of Lee’s most-trusted officers, starting as Camp Gordon in 1917 and becoming Fort Gordon in 1956, the home to the Army Signal Corps and the service’s Cyber Center of Excellence.

“Generally acknowledged as the head of the Ku Klux Klan in Georgia, he was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1872,” according to the New Georgia Encyclopedia (Gordon denied the charge).

“By the time of his death in 1904, Gordon had capitalized on his war record to such an extent that he had become for many Georgians, and southerners in general, the living embodiment of the Confederacy.”

And then there is Fort A.P. Hill, Va., which honors Virginia native Lieut. General A.P. Hill (1825-1865, West Point class of 1847), a post created six months before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941 which today is a training and maneuver center focused on providing realistic joint and combined-arms training.

And Fort Hood, Texas, honors native Kentuckian General John Bell Hood (1831-1879, West Point class of 1853), beginning as Camp Hood in 1942 and becoming a fort in 1950 which is the largest active duty armored post in the U.S. military.

And who can forget Fort Lee, Va., which honors Virginian General Robert E. Lee (1807-1870, West Point class of 1829), the South’s commanding officer by the Civil War’s end.

The War Department created Camp Lee within weeks of declaring war on Germany in 1917, and the Pentagon promoted it to Fort Lee in 1950.

Just south of Richmond, the capital of the Confederacy, the post is home to the Army Quartermaster School.

As everyone knows, or should, Bobby Lee was the Confederacy’s most renowned general, and his forces inflicted tens of thousands of casualties on Union soldiers’ at Antietam, Gettysburg and Manassas.

Fort Pickett, Va., of course, honors Major General George Pickett (1825-1875, West Point class of 1846), a Virginia native, famous for his 1863 charge at Gettysburg which has been called “the high-water mark of the Confederacy” before ending up a Union victory, with the charge resulting in a rebel bloodbath.

Camp Pickett was dedicated on July 3, 1942, at 3 p.m., 79 years to the day and hour of Pickett’s charge in Gettysburg, and became a fort in 1974 and now is a Virginia Army National Guard installation.

And finally, Fort Rucker, Alabama, honors Tennessee native Colonel Edmund Rucker (1835-1924) who was often called “general” but never attained the rank (he was known as “general” after becoming a leading Birmingham, Ala., industrialist after the Civil War).

Known today as the Home of Army Aviation, Fort Rucker was originally the Ozark Triangular Division Camp before being renamed Camp Rucker in 1942.

It became Fort Rucker in 1955.

So people, in this day and age of strictly enforced political correctness, what is up with that?

Why should the American people today have to have their sensibilities insulted by having U.S. Army bases named after Confederate officers?

How is that helping the political correctness movement in America today?

So we are back to the question of will they submit to political correctness and remove any trace of America’s Confederate past from those Army bases, starting with the names?

Or will the Army resist the political correctness movement and leave the names as they are today?

Stay tuned, more to come!

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 22, 2017 at 10:57 am

Paul Plante says :

As we head into what is becoming another civil war here in America, with sides being taken and lines being drawn and people – idiots, morons, mentally deficients, the downright just plain ignorant and what have you all wave flags and scream and chant “HOORAY FOR OUR SIDE” – what follows is a copy of a petition that graced my e-mail this morning from someone who thought I might be interested in knowing what is going on out there in sick, twisted “America” as it exists today in its highly fractured state.

As it is relevant to this discussion taking place in here and elsewhere right now, and as this stupidity is not going away, and as this stupidity presently going on in America leading to this new civil war should be of concern to every single American citizen, I would like to first post it without further comment, as it speaks for itself, and then I will come back as an older American who is quite frankly sick to death of the abject ignorance which motivates both sides in this conflict, and pick the stupidity and demagoguery and plain ignorant horse**** in this petition to pieces with facts and logic:

PETITION:

We must take down the symbols of the Confederacy from any place of honor.

Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of white supremacy and its current political power.

White supremacist terrorists in Charlottesville were willing to kill in the name of these symbols.

Take ’em ALL down!

Sign Rashad’s petition

Dear MoveOn member,

Now is the time to intensify the pressure to remove confederate statues across America.

Baltimore, Maryland, and Los Angeles, California, have already removed monuments to the Confederacy.

The mayor of Lexington, Kentucky, announced that his city would remove two statues.

And New Jersey’s Senator Cory Booker is introducing a measure to remove Confederate statues from the U.S. Capitol.

But we can’t be satisfied until all of these symbols are removed all across the country.

Our campaign is gaining momentum and this is a critical moment to push for action against these monuments to white supremacy.

Will you add your name to our petition to demand that our elected leaders take ’em ALL down?

Last weekend, in Charlottesville, a white supremacist rammed a car into a group of peaceful protesters and killed one person.

The night before, white nationalists marched through Charlottesville communities and the University of Virginia campus, rallying around a statue of the Confederacy and carrying torches evoking a history of violent racial terrorism. 2

Emboldened by Trump, white supremacists are now acting to intimidate us from removing symbols of white supremacy.

But we won’t stop working to remove every single Confederate symbol in America.

And as each news cycle demonstrates, the movement to remove these symbols is gaining energy with elected officials and grassroots activists around the country!

Will you sign and share the petition to take ’em ALL down?

Click here to join the campaign to remove every Confederate symbol in America.

Since Dylann Roof massacred churchgoers at Mother Emanuel AME, we have been organizing around the nation to remove symbols of the Confederacy from any place of honor in America.

In response, white supremacists are rallying around Confederate statues and using them as a pretext to commit domestic terrorism and murder.

We cannot allow these white supremacist terrorists to intimidate us from confronting and working to dismantle systemic white supremacy.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

We must work to end the influence of today’s white supremacists.

Removing all Confederate statues would be the first step in sending the message that we are no longer honoring white supremacy at a societal level.

We’ve already seen progress in Tampa, Florida, and New Orleans, Louisiana, where Confederate symbols are being removed by Black-led organizing in the face of sustained white supremacist opposition.

Sign the petition and tell elected officials: It’s time to remove all Confederate statues in America.

Thanks.

—Rashad Robinson, Color of Change

Sources:

1. “Trump ‘Sad’ Over Removal of ‘Our Beautiful Statues,'” The New York Times, August 17, 2017
https://act.moveon.org/go/12662?t=8&aki ... 9%2EcCJ-yW

2. “Man Charged After White Nationalist Rally in Charlottesville Ends in Deadly Violence,” The New York Times, August 12, 2017
https://act.moveon.org/go/12345?t=10&ak ... 9%2EcCJ-yW

A note from the MoveOn team: You’re receiving this petition because this is a critical moment for us to come together to denounce white supremacy, and we thought it might interest you.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 22, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Paul Plante says :

Some time ago, on March 13, 2017 at 6:43 pm, to be exact, I made a post wherein I stated that while we were on the subject of history, that our democratic traditions in New York state came to us, not from the British, for sure, because they didn’t have any, being king lovers as they were, and not from the Greeks, or from the Romans, including Cicero and Julius Caesar, who was not only a military genius, but a top orator, as well, at least according to Cicero; but from the Iroquois Indians who inhabited this area before the Europeans came.

As I stated then, and perhaps this will drive any white supremacist out there totally bonkers, but who gives a **** about them, it was the Iroquois who taught the people of New York about democracy, because they had a long history of democracy, while the European colonists had none, being subject to tyrannical kings as they were back then where they had no voice and no right to debate.

The democracy of the Iroquois was what I would call a pure democracy, where there was none of this “majority rule” bull**** we hear associated with “democracy” today.

The democracy of the Iroquois was one where every person of adult age got to stand up in the circle, and have their unimpeded say on issues of importance to the people and the nation, without interruption.

In that pure democracy, which is totally unlike this faux democracy or demockery in America today, where the majority of the voices never get heard, ideas were advanced by the strength of the idea, not by the strength of someone’s arm, or how much wealth they had.

And since that is the tradition I was taught when young, which I continue to cleave to today, it is therefore in that spirit that I am going to stand up in here, in the circle, to call out this Rashad Robinson dude of Color of Change on what I perceive is a call from him to the people, keeping for the moment in the Iroquois context, to join him as war band in a punitive mission against those he perceives as his enemies, and very eloquent he is, with his demagoguery above here.

Now, as it was, since all Iroquois were equal, no single Iroquois could commit any one else to engage in a war party, as Rashad Robinson is trying to do above here.

To have people join him as members of a war band, the orator had to be eloquent enough to have them want to join him.

And if someone else in the tribe, generally a grey hair like myself, thought the cause foolish, or harmful, or stupid, or whatever, that person had the same duty I have today to stand up and challenge it, as I am doing in here.

So, first of all, who on earth is Rashad Robinson?

According to Wikipedia, Rashad Robinson calls himself or is billed as an “American civil rights leader,” which is ironic, since his call for Jihad here, or a Holy Crusade, if you will, is intended to strip Americans he doesn’t like of their civil rights, because he doesn’t think they deserve any.

This Reshad Robinson, who people up this way are now calling the “American Jihadi” based on his call for Jihad above here, where he has called anathema down of certain people in America he wants eliminated as some kind of heretics or unbelievers, serves as executive director of something called Color of Change, having joined the organization in May 2011.

Beyond that, he is a board member of RaceForward, Demos, and State Voices, so as we can see, he is a dude with a lot of political clout, whereas I am a dude with none, so that should make this a fair contest between us then.

As to Color of Change, it has a stated mission of strengthening the political voice of black America and making government more responsive to their concerns, and how it appears that this American Jihadi Robinson is going to strengthen the political voice of black America is by stripping white America of its voice, which is a better deal for black America than it is for anyone else in this country, given that this American Jihadi seems bent of doing that silencing with violence.

As to his political clout, which makes his call for Jihad that much more powerful and appealing to people, from 2010–2014, Robinson was selected as one of “The Root 100,” a list of emerging and influential African Americans under 45, and he has made numerous media appearances in a variety of outlets, including NPR, MSNBC, and CNN, while his writings and op-eds have appeared in The Guardian, New York Times, Huffington Post, and many other publications.

Additionally, he has previously held leadership roles at GLAAD, the Right to Vote Campaign, and FairVote, so we can all see just how formidable this dude really is.

On August 4, 2017, this American Jihadi, as he is now called after issuing that above Proclamation calling anathema down on white people he doesn’t like and calling for Jihad against them, appeared on C-Span’s “Washington Journal” to talk about the Trump administration’s approach to college admissions and civil rights, and Ebony Magazine has identified Rashad Robinson as one of several “breakthrough leaders who have stepped up and are moving forward in the perpetual fight for justice.”

Also, in 2015, Huffington Post featured Rashad Robinson in a series highlighting “some of the people and issues that will shape the world in the next decade,” which brings us in fact to right now today here in the pages of the Cape Charles Mirror, where the poor and powerless like myself have a voice to stand up to these powerful people like this American Jihadi Rashad Robinson and his call for Jihad against the white people in America, which would have to include myself and my grandchildren.

So, there we have the stage setting set, the circle formed, me on one side with the talking stick in my hand, and the American Jihadi Rashad Robinson on the other, with his call for Jihad hovering in the air between us, as the people wait and listen, to see which way this debate will ultimately go.

More to come, so don’t go away.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 24, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Paul Plante says :

So, people, where to even begin?

Over in another thread in here, I posed a series of question to Chas Cornweller, a respected and thoughtful poster in here, as follows:

And Chas Cornweller, what about vigilantes and vigilante “justice” and vigilantism?

Where do you stand on those, where vigilante is defined as “a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily,” or “a self-appointed doer of justice?”

Should we have vigilantes in our modern society, Chas Cornweller?

Is there room in modern society for vigilantes?

If the cause is right, like suppressing the speech of those we don’t like, or don’t agree with, should we encourage people to be vigilantes, do you think?

And what about vigilante justice, defined as behavior that resembles or matches that of vigilantes with vigilante justice describing the actions of a single person or group of people who claim to enforce the law but lack the legal authority to do so, although the term can also describe a general state of disarray or lawlessness, in which competing groups of people all claim to enforce the law in a given area?

If the cause is right, Chas Cornweller, say suppressing the public speech of someone who says they are with the KKK, should the people against the speech who want to suppress the speech have the right to engage in vigilante justice, because everybody knows the KKK stands for racism and hate?

end quotes

The answer Chas Cornweller gave was eloquent in its simplicity and was something one would expect to hear from an American citizen who believes in real justice and the United States Constitution as written, as opposed to the perverted and bastardized version this demagogue Rashad Robinson relies on in his call for Jihad above here:

Lastly, I do not believe in suppression of any speech, hate, stupid, lies…any of it.

Idiots got a right to be idiots.

end quotes

Whether we like it or not, people, in the United States of America, IF we are to be considered a civilized people in a nation of laws, as opposed to a nation of mobs and mob violence and attempts by one group of American citizens, the ones Rashad Robinson is calling on to join him in his Holy Crusade or Jihad against those he has called anathema down on, to repress and suppress the speech of others, then we have to consider Chas Cornweller to be on the right side of that issue and history as an American citizen, and as one of his fellow American citizens who not only believes in the law as written until changed, but has shed blood in defense of that belief, I am announcing in here that I am standing with Chas Cornweller to make that two people, instead of just him.

And that takes us then to the beginning of the call to jihad of Rashad Robinson above, to wit:

POINT I: We must take down the symbols of the Confederacy from any place of honor.

POINT II: Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of white supremacy and its current political power.

Think on those two sentences, people, and not superficially.

Consider them in depth, as I am doing in here.

In the course of doing so, ponder the question of what exactly are “symbols of the Confederacy?”

Are there such things in America today, given the Confederacy was defeated well over a hundred years ago now, and no longer exists, except as a distant memory?

And who obsesses about that distant memory besides Rashad Robinson?

In the meantime, to stake out my territory in this debate between myself and Rashad Robinson:

Rashad, dude, you are full of **** and it is obvious you know nothing about American history, the United States Constitution, the real American people and the laws of this nation which frown on vigilantes like you who think they have the right to take the law into their own hands because they have the strength of the MOB behind them and some two-for-a-nickel politicians cheering them on.

For your information, Rashad, dude, in the United States of America, the real United States of America, the America you seem totally clueless about, SYMBOLS OF THE CONFEDERACY DO NOT OCCUPY PLACES OF HONOR!

THE CONFEDERACY LOST!

THERE IS NO HONOR IN THAT, PERIOD!

And where did you get that bull**** idea from in the first place that there is any “honor” in those “symbols,” whatever on earth they might be outside of your fertile imagination?

Said one more time so you might hear this time – THE CONFEDERACY LOST, Rashad.

The war is over.

Those monuments and symbols are supposed to remind us of that, which is something you obviously never learned.

But more on that later, Rashad.

As to your second premise, Rashad, the day you and your mob come to try to convince me who knows better that “Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of white supremacy and its current political power,” the most ridiculous statement I have heard uttered in some long time, make sure you bring a damn big club, because to beat that horse**** of yours into my head, you are going to need one, about the size of a full grown oak tree.

And there for the moment I will rest.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 26, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Paul Plante says :

As I am obviously on the wrong side of history in here, a poor, old white man without national standing or political clout, or even a following, actually daring to raise his voice to question someone on the right side of history like this Rashad Robinson dude and his righteous call for a Holy Crusade against the American citizens lumped into Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables,” after much reflection and careful consideration, I have decided, in the face of reality, to fold my tent, and follow the advice made famous by The Who back in the VEET NAM times to tip my hat to the new constitution and take a bow for the new revolution, and smile and grin at the change all around, and pick up my banjo (OMG, EEEEK, YE GADS, a banjo, yet another symbol of America’s Confederate past) and play, just like yesterday, except I promise I won’t offend anyone by even thinking of “Dixie,” let alone bending some strings to play it, but will play straight-edge punk rock music instead, lest I offend someone’s sensibilities, because let’s face it, people, the change, it had to come, we knew it all along, we were liberated from the fold, that’s all, and for that, we should all be thankful, if we do not want to be ostracized here in America, and have anathema called down on us by people like the good Rashad Robinson, so that the other good people in America could then come and righteously club us senseless with their baseball bats and iron rods.

Sing hallelujah, say Amen, I think I have finally seen the light, so I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all these politically correct people in America who have managed to lift the shroud of abject ignorance from my eyes, so I can now see the proper path to trod upon as I go forward from here, into the glorious future Rashad Robinson has planned for us, after the “white supremacy” crowd in America have been dispatched and disposed of, properly.

And how was it that Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, came to save a wretch like me, who once was pretty obviously lost, but now am found, was blind, but now can see, so my chains are now gone, and I’ve been set free?

Well, really, I guess I owe it to the Democrat party in America, and that comes from a Tribune News Service article entitled “Democrats move to formally censure Trump over Charlottesville” By Lesley Clark, McClatchy Washington Bureau, 17 August 2017, wherein was stated:

House Democrats are introducing a formal resolution to denounce President Donald Trump for saying that “both sides” are to blame for a violent encounter between white supremacists and neo-Nazis and the activists who showed up to protest them.

“A president of the United States cannot support neo-Nazis.”

“It’s just beyond the pale,” said Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., a member of the House Judiciary Committee.

The current resolution calls for lawmakers to “censure and condemn” Trump for what it calls an “inadequate” response to the violence on Saturday in Charlottesville, Va.

It cites what it calls Trump’s “failure to immediately and specifically name and condemn the white supremacist groups responsible for actions of domestic terrorism” and accuses him of “reasserting that ‘both sides’ were to blame” for the violence.

end quotes

My goodness, people, what on earth could I have been thinking here when I thought that those people being called to a Holy Crusade or Jihad by Rashad Robinson against those he has called anathema down on could possibly have been somehow in the wrong to do violence on other Americans?

I mean really!

If a Congressional Resolution from the Democrat party in our national government in Washington says only one side involved in the violence in Charlottesville was in the wrong, while the other side, the side supported by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash,, was in the right, then who am I to question that?

When the United States government speaks with a voice of authority like that, well, the common people like me must do as The Who said and take a bow for the new revolution, and smile and grin at the change all around.

And what is this new revolution Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., would have us take a bow to?

A real good question, and for that answer, we can simply turn to the venerated “Grey Lady,” the vaunted New York Times itself, which is about as authoritative an authority as there can be when it comes to what kind of conduct Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash,, are telling us is righteous and proper in these troubled times we now live in, here in what once was the Home of the Brave and Land of the Free, but is now the home of political correctness, instead, lest we by our speech offend somebody’s sensitivities and make them feel bad about themselves, instead of all warm and squishy inside, to wit:

“‘Antifa’ Grows as Left-Wing Faction Set to, Literally, Fight the Far Right”

By THOMAS FULLER, ALAN FEUER and SERGE F. KOVALESKI

AUG. 17, 2017

Unlike most of the counterdemonstrators in Charlottesville and elsewhere, members of antifa have shown no qualms about using their fists, sticks or canisters of pepper spray to meet an array of right-wing antagonists whom they call a fascist threat to American democracy.

As explained this week by a dozen adherents of the movement, the ascendant new right in the country requires a physical response.

“You need violence in order to protect nonviolence,” Ms. Nauert added.

“That’s what’s very obviously necessary right now.”

“It’s full-on war, basically.”

Antifa adherents — some armed with sticks and masked in bandannas — played a visible role in the running street battles in Charlottesville, but it is impossible to know how many people count themselves as members of the movement.

Its followers acknowledge it is secretive, without official leaders and organized into autonomous local cells.

Driven by a range of political passions — including anticapitalism, environmentalism, and gay and indigenous rights — the diverse collection of anarchists, communists and socialists has found common cause in opposing right-wing extremists and white supremacists.

George Ciccariello-Maher, a professor at Drexel University in Philadelphia who counts himself as both an antifa follower and a scholar of the movement, said it did not have a single origin story.

Its more recent history has roots in the straight-edge punk rock music scene, the anti-globalization protests of the 1990s and the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The closest thing antifa may have to a guiding principle is that ideologies it identifies as fascistic or based on a belief in genetic inferiority cannot be reasoned with and must be physically resisted.

Its adherents express disdain for mainstream liberal politics, seeing it as inadequately muscular, and tend to fight the right through what they call “direct actions” rather than relying on government authorities.

In the days after the violent events in Charlottesville, some antifa members responded with an angry call to arms, saying they could not back down from what they described as the “aggressors” on the right, even if it meant an escalation into gunfights.

“I hope we never get there,” said a 29-year-old antifa anarchist from California who goes by the pseudonym Tony Hooligan.

“But we are willing to get there.”

The Berkeley campus has been a particular hotbed of antifa activity, and university officials have criticized the group.

In February, black-clad protesters, some of whom identified themselves as antifa, smashed windows, threw gasoline bombs and broke into a campus building, causing $100,000 in damage.

In the past, antifa activists have engaged with people who were clearly something less than outright neo-Nazis, raising questions about who, if anyone, deserves to be punched and whether there is such a thing as legitimate political violence.

end quote

WOW, people, to think that a poor old white man like me was going to step in the way of that righteous train leaving the station and going full steam ahead in the cause of peace, justice, racial harmony and law and order here in the United States of America!

Thank God I am saved, instead, or one of those politically correct antifas on the right side of the law and history in the estimation of Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash,, might have come and righteously bashed my head in for me, to show me the error of my ways!

Amazing grace, indeed!

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 28, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Paul Plante says :

So what is this “white supremacy” we all keep hearing about these days, people?

Let’s take a look.

According to Wikipedia, “white supremacy” or white supremacism is a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races and that therefore white people should be dominant over other races.

end quotes

So, it is an ideology, then, based on a belief, like the flat earth people believe the earth is flat.

Given that “ideology” is defined on the one hand as “a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy,” as in “the ideology of republicanism,” or “the party has to jettison outdated ideology and give up its stranglehold on power,” and on the other as “the ideas and manner of thinking characteristic of a group, social class, or individual,” how can we rationally reconcile any of that with the statement of Rashad Robinson in his call for Holy War or Jihad against the white Americans he has called anathema down on, where “anathema” is defined as “something or someone that one vehemently dislikes,” or in the case of Rashad Robinson, “a formal curse by a pope denouncing a doctrine,” that “Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of white supremacy and its current political power?”

Can Confederate statues rightfully be recognized as a symbol of a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races and that therefore white people should be dominant over other races, given that we just had a black president?

And given that we just had a black president, what current political power in the United States of America does white supremacy have, besides none at all, given that so few white people here in the USA consider themselves white supremacists?

And when you consider that ALL humans, black, white, red, yellow, polka dot, candy stripe, tri-color, etc., are of just one race, the human race, the whole concept of “white people should be dominant over other races” is shown to be simply stupid, and in pushing that concept of “white supremacy,” this demagogue Rashad Robinson is showing himself to be as ignorant and uninformed as a box of rocks, which is of course typical and characteristic of both demagogues and those who follow them, where demagogue is defined as a “political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument,” or a rabble-rouser, agitator, political agitator, soapbox orator, firebrand, fomenter, or provocateur, all of which serve to define who Rashad Robinson really is in this drama in here.

Getting back to Wikipedia, white supremacy has roots in scientific racism and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments, which is to say, it is nothing but horse**** leavened with a large dollop of pure, refined hog**** for flavor.

According to Wikipedia, scientific racism is the pseudoscientific belief that empirical evidence exists to support or justify racism (racial discrimination), racial inferiority, or racial superiority, where “pseudoscience” is defined as “a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.”

So let’s put all of that into the statement of the demagogue Rashad Robinson that “Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of white supremacy and its current political power,” and let’s see what he is really saying there, to wit:

“Confederate statues must be rightfully recognized as a symbol of a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races and that therefore white people should be dominant over other races, which ideology is in turn based on scientific racism which is the pseudoscientific belief that empirical evidence exists to support or justify racism (racial discrimination), racial inferiority, or racial superiority, where pseudoscience is defined as a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.”

end quotes

In other words, you have to be a fruitcake or half-wit or moron to believe in white supremacy, which has no political power, given that historically, which means in the past, the scientific racism the ideology of white supremacy is based on received credence in the scientific community, but is no longer considered scientific, because it is not scientific, plain and simple.

To believe in white supremacy today, you have to be ignorant, plain and simple.

To see just how outdated this whole stupid concept of white supremacy really is, scientific racism was common during the period from 1600s to the end of World War I, which was over by 1918 or so, which is 100 years ago now, and since the second half of 20th century, scientific racism has been criticized as obsolete and discredited.

So why then is Rashad Robinson still using the term in 2017?

Ponder that question, people, given that after the end of World War II, which is when I came into this world of woe, scientific racism in theory and action was formally denounced, especially in UNESCO’s early antiracist statement “The Race Question” (1950), to wit:

“The biological fact of race and the myth of ‘race’ should be distinguished.”

“For all practical social purposes ‘race’ is not so much a biological phenomenon as a social myth.”

“The myth of ‘race’ has created an enormous amount of human and social damage.”

“In recent years, it has taken a heavy toll in human lives, and caused untold suffering”.

And here is the demagogue Rashad Robinson come to America in 2017 to cause more suffering based on something that has been criticized as obsolete and discredited since the end of WWII, or roughly seventy-two (72) years ago now.

WHY?

Why is Rashad Robinson, who was born in 1978, doing that, people?

That is the question for today.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR August 29, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Paul Plante says :

Incredible, people – WHITE SUPREMACY IS DEAD, LONG LIVE WHITE SUPREMACY!

So says no less of an authority on the subject than the LOS ANGELES TIMES in the article “Marchers head from Charlottesville to Washington to protest white supremacy – As protesters begin a march from Charlottesville, Va., to the nation’s capital, a group of religious leaders descends on Washington to protest white supremacy” by Robert Armengol, August 28, 2017, 7:55 PM, reporting from Charlottesville, Va., wherein we are informed as follows on the subject of white supremacy in America today, notwithstanding the concept was totally discredited back after the end of WWII circa 1950 as I demonstrate with objective evidence above here from our own history as a nation that we are all supposed to be aware of, but obviously, as least at first glance, are not, to wit:

Singing spirituals and protest songs from the civil rights era, a group of clergy and activists from across the country began a 118-mile march to Washington on Monday to protest white supremacy and demand that President Trump be removed from office.

end quote

So there we are, people, and there is what it is all about – these protesters, who think they are back in the 1960’s, or perhaps were simply never able to grow past that time, as was the case with so many from that time who identified themselves as “children of the sixties” who felt that they had captured the high ground and were on the side of righteousness and truth and justice and the American Way when they went to the airport in San Francisco in January of 1970 to spit on returning Viet Nam combat veterans like myself (yes, that really did happen) and howl and gibber at us like a pack of wild animals wanting to tear us apart because we were wearing a uniform that they said, in their righteous and holy indignation, was a symbol of yes, you got it, people, “white supremacy and fascism,” notwithstanding that in my father’s generation Americans wearing that same uniform had helped to whip the ass of fascism in Germany and Europe and to put Hitler in his grave, are going to revive something that has long since been dead so they can get their names in the newspapers like the Los Angeles Times, which is pretty much the big time when you think about it, so this march to protest something that no longer exists and should have been left dead by these publicity hounds is nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt.

And what is this crap of “demanding that President Trump be removed from office?”

Who are they going to make that demand of, pray tell?

And do American presidents now serve at the pleasure of enraged, howling mobs?

When was that change to our Constitution made, I wonder, that puts control over who is president in the hands of the mob?

Where on earth could I have been that day that I am ignorant of it?

Getting back to the LA Times article:

The long walk will last 10 days and take the marchers across the heart of Virginia — a road of solidly red counties — then straight to the seat of American power, where they plan to engage in protests and nonviolent civil disobedience.

“We need the country to listen to us, if there’s going to be change, if we’re going end all the racial hatred,” said Joseph Scott, 23, who works in dining services at the University of Virginia.

end quotes

Ah, yes, people, the 60s are fully back and flower power is coming back with it, along with “protests and nonviolent civil disobedience,” which is the same thing they called it back in the 60’s, like in 1968 in Chicago at the Democrat National Convention, and early 1970s when they went to the airport in San Francisco to howl at me and spit at me.

That is what they consider protest and non-violent civil disobedience, which is defined as the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest, which means they are going to Washington. D.C. with an intent to violate OUR laws, and to disrupt the lives of innocent people along the way who are going to be stripped of the protection of those laws by these marchers, which you would think would be a willful and intentional violation of those innocent peoples’ right to equal protection of the law, but you know what, people – in the name of gaining civil rights for some, it just is necessary to strip others who are less righteous and holy of theirs, which is what ISIS does in Iraq and Syria, by the way, and since these marchers have GOD on their side, tough luck for those in the path of these holy marchers and their peaceful civil disobedience, like blocking the street so you can’t get to the hospital or doctor’s office, or blocking the sidewalks so you can’t get by to go to the post office or even to get a cup of Starbuck’s coffee without fear of having one of these peaceful protesters hit you with a brick or bat or iron pipe for trying to do so.

As to this Joseph Scott dude, who is 23 and still as ignorant as a box of rocks himself about pretty much everything having anything to do with actual American history, which makes one wonder about how he escaped getting a basic education as a citizen in America, as opposed to the pseudo history he is trying to feed us with his impassioned plea “We need the country to listen to us, if there’s going to be change, if we’re going end all the racial hatred,” and who works in dining services at the University of Virginia because he does not appear to bright enough or intelligent enough to do anything else, he might have stood a better opportunity to get the country to listen to him if he hadn’t of tried to revive something sane and rational, peace-loving, non-hating people in America rejected by 1950, long before this ignorant fool trying to inflame passions in America today was born.

Getting back to the LA Times and this “protest white supremacy” crap they are spewing, we have:

On Monday, under the waning light of an overcast summer evening, organizers of the “March to Confront White Supremacy” called for peace and unity in a series of impassioned speeches before beginning the first leg of their procession.

They also spoke out against the president, placing much of the blame for a rise in white nationalist fervor on his shoulders.

end quotes

Ah, yes, people, white nationalism!

Since we are reviving dead things from the past, so that some people looking to take us back to the racial disharmony of the civil rights era, which I remember, having been alive back then, was supposed to end racial disharmony for once and for all, but for these people getting their names in the national news for staging this march, so that they can get their names in the news, like Jane Fonda did back when, and like Hillary Clinton did when she gave a student speech insulting a black congressman who happened to be a war veteran at a time when Hillary was anti-war, let’s drag in white nationalism too.

I mean, why not, people, so let’s look at white nationalism then:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.

end quote

WHOA, stop the press right there, people, and repeat after me – THERE IS NO WHITE NATIONALISM TO PROTEST BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT, NOT A PART OF THE HUMAN RACE.

THERE IS NO WHITE RACE, AND THERE HASN’T BEEN A WHITE RACE EVER, REGARDLESS OF WHAT SOME FOOL IN THE 1600s OR 1700s OR 1800s MIGHT HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, AS THERE IS ONLY THE HUMAN RACE, REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR, AND SANE AND RATIONAL PEOPLE IN AMERICA, THOSE WHO GET ALONG WITH OTHERS REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR, LIKE ME, AND WHO AREN’T LOOKING TO CAUSE TROUBLE FOR OTHERS TO GET OUR NAMES IN THE NEWS HAVE KNOWN THAT SINCE BEFORE I WAS BORN, AND THAT IS OVER 70 YEARS AGO NOW.

So what is up with these people, then?

Why are they dredging up the far distant past to inflame passions and cause trouble?

A question for our times, indeed.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 1, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Paul Plante says :

I don’t have a television in my home, nor do I want one, so I “intake” my daily dose of morning news from the radio news, and this morning, the big story was about the “MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT GANG” of Confederate statue snatchers coming out at two in the morning somewhere, an hour when honest, God-fearing, loyal and patriotic Americans are at home in bed asleep, while the skulkers skulk and other creatures of the night lurk in dark corners, to take down a statue of an unknown Confederate soldier somewhere.

To keep the narrative going in a very one-sided manner, the news people who came out at two in the morning to watch the statue snatchers snatch another Confederate statue as they go for a clean sweep of everything even remotely related to slavery, like the Alamo and the Golden Gate Bridge, interviewed a young-sounding woman who was there, and that young woman, who sounded very upperclass white to me, said to all of America and the world listening to the news broadcast, which was national, not local, that the statue of the unknown Confederate was a disgusting symbol of white supremacy, to which I said, oh really, do tell.

Actually, what I said was “that’s bull****,” but that is neither here nor there – what is more pertinent and relevant and therefore important is why I called her statement that a statue of somebody nobody even knows has to be nothing else but a “disgusting symbol of white supremacy” bull****, and that judgment of mine is based on the writings of a man named Oreste Brownson in about 1866, right after the Civil War, which he lived through, had ended and its causes were still very fresh in everyone’s minds alive then, just as WWII was very fresh in the minds of the adults I was surrounded by when I was young.

In CHAPTER XIV of THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC by Brownson, circa 1866, entitled “POLITICAL TENDENCIES,” Brownson outlined the times prior to the Civil War taking place, giving this discussion some context to counter this bull**** “White supremacy/White nationalism” crap the MSM keeps feeding us (“Keep repeating a lie over and over and it will become the truth”), as follows:

This is the so-called Jeffersonian democracy, in which government has no powers but such as it derives from the consent of the governed, and is personal democracy or pure individualism — philosophically considered, pure egoism, which says, “I am God.”

Under this sort of democracy, based on popular, or rather individual sovereignty, expressed by politicians when they call the electoral people, half seriously, half mockingly, “the sovereigns,” there obviously can be no state, no social rights or civil authority; there can be only a voluntary association, league, alliance, or confederation in which individuals may freely act together as long as they find it pleasant, convenient, or useful, but from which they may separate or secede whenever they find it for their interest or their pleasure to do so.

end quote

Now, whether thumb-sucking infantile Americans of today who are not in control of their emotions and thus are ruled by their passions like it or not, or whether they are offended by that or not, that was a political philosophy that was extant in the United States of America in the days leading up to the Civil War.

We might not have those political thoughts today, but so what, it does not change the fact that people in America, somebody’s forebears, at the time of the Civil War, had them and believed in them enough to shed blood on a mass scale in defense of them.

Getting back to Brownson:

State sovereignty and secession are based on the same democratic principle applied to the several States of the Union instead of individuals.

The tendency to this sort of democracy has been strong in large sections of the American people from the first, and has been greatly strengthened by the general acceptance of the theory that government originates in compact.

The full realization of this tendency, which, happily, is impracticable save in theory, would be to render every man independent alike of every other man and of society, with full right and power to make his own will prevail.

end quote

Does everybody see what Brownson is saying there?

What he is saying quite clearly is that the political philosophy of democracy in this nation, a very unique experiment in the world at the time of the Constitution, adopted at the time of separation from England was the prime cause of the American Civil War, not white supremacy, and not slavery.

Consider, for example, “A Farmer, of New Jersey: Observations on Government” from November 03, 1787, to wit:

The plan (the proposed U.S. Constitution) that has been submitted to our consideration by the late Convention, surpasses my most sanguine expectation.

When we consider the multiplicity of jarring interests, which mutual concession alone could reconcile, it really becomes matter of astonishment that a system of legislation could have been effected in which so few imperfections are to be found.

The man who can deliberately go about to oppose the adoption of this plan, must evidently be actuated by sinister motives; for admitting it to be much more faulty than it really is, can we form any reasonable hope of obtaining a better?

What a glorious spectacle would the adoption of this constitution exhibit; an event so totally contradictory to the habits and sentiments which prevail every where but in America, would scarcely be credited.

Elevated infinitely beyond even the conceptions of the wisest men of the East, our situation would excite the envy and admiration of all the world; and we should probably have the honor of teaching mankind this important, this interesting lesson, THAT MAN IS ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF GOVERNING HIMSELF, and not (thro’ the imbecility of his nature) “unavoidably” necessitated to resign himself to the guidance of one or more masters.

end quotes

And there, in 1787, is where the seeds of the conflict to be known in later times as the American Civil War, or War of the Rebellion or War of Northern Aggression were sown, because just like now, a group of holier-than-thous back then thought they had the very best ideas about life and how it had to be lived if you didn’t want their righteous wrath down on your neck, and as Brownson who lived through the conflict tells us, they were quite intolerant, as are these statue snatchers today who take down statues of unknown dead Confederates in the middle of the night, and it is that righteous intolerance which caused the Civil War, not slavery.

Back to Brownson:

This tendency (to individual democracy) was strongest in the slaveholding States, and especially, in those States, in the slaveholding class, the American imitation of the feudal nobility of mediæval Europe; and on this side the war just ended was, in its most general expression, a war in defence of personal democracy, or the sovereignty of the people individually, against the humanitarian democracy, represented by the abolitionists, and the territorial democracy, represented by the Government.

This personal democracy has been signally defeated in the defeat of the late confederacy, and can hardly again become strong enough to be dangerous.

end quotes

There, in the words of someone who was actually alive at the time, as opposed to these statue snatchers of today, is what the Civil War was actually all about, and make note of his reference to the ABOLITIONISTS of that time, as they are back among us today in the guise of these self-righteous and Holy protesters of “white supremacy” who are on their way to Washington with an intention to violate our laws and cause chaos and unrest until they can succeed in getting Donald Trump removed from office by the threat of more destructive mob violence such as we have seen in the “peaceful” protests in Ferguson, Missouri in the name of civil rights for some, but not for those whose buildings got burned down and whose stores got looted in the name of “civil disobedience.”

Getting back again to Brownson:

But the humanitarian democracy, which scorns all geographical lines, effaces all in individualities, and professes to plant itself on humanity alone, has acquired by the war new strength, and is not without menace to our future.

end quote

“Humanitarian democracy” is a direct reference to these people today who are taking down these statues, and when he talks about them as a “menace to our future,” he is talking about these times we are in right now, which is our present.

Getting back to the causes for the Civil War, Brownson continued as follows:

The tendency in the Southern States has been to overlook the social basis of the state, or the rights of society founded on the solidarity of the race, and to make all rights and powers personal, or individual; and as only the white race has been able to assert and maintain its personal freedom, only men of that race are held to have the right to be free.

Hence the people of those States felt no scruple in holding the black or colored race as slaves.

Liberty, said they, is the right only of those who have the ability to assert and maintain it.

end quotes

And there, people, is WHITE SUPREMACY as it existed at the time of the beginning of the Civil War, a war which began on April 12, 1861 and ended on May 9, 1865.

That is our American history, as it happened, and if that offends the weak and squeamish in America today who want to erase that history and thereby rob us of the lessons of it, that’s too damn bad.

As to democracy in the south being a causative factor of the civil War as opposed to slavery, Brownson continues as follows:

The tendency of the Southern democrat was to deny the unity of the race, as well as all obligations of society to protect the weak and helpless, and therefore all true civil society.

At the North there has been, and is even yet, an opposite tendency — a tendency to exaggerate the social element, to overlook the territorial basis of the state, and to disregard the rights of individuals.

This tendency has been and is strong in the people called abolitionists.

The American abolitionist is so engrossed with the unity that he loses the solidarity of the race, which supposes unity of race and multiplicity of individuals; and fails to see any thing legitimate and authoritative in geographical divisions or territorial circumscriptions.

Back of these, back of individuals, he sees humanity, superior to individuals, superior to states, governments, and laws, and holds that he may trample on them all or give them to the winds at the call of humanity or “the higher law.”

The principle on which he acts is as indefensible as the personal or egoistical democracy of the slaveholders and their sympathizers.

Were his socialistic tendency to become exclusive and realized, it would found in the name of humanity a complete social despotism, which, proving impracticable from its very generality, would break up in anarchy, in which might makes right, as in the slaveholder’s democracy.

end quotes

BINGO, people – a complete social despotism!

That is what these midnight skulkers and statue snatchers of today are trying to once again impose on us, through the threat of violence, just as was the case when the abolitionist John Brown made his Harper’s Ferry raid with an intent to start an armed slave revolt in the south to kill the white slave owners.

But as Brownson said back in 1866:

The abolitionists, in supporting themselves on humanity in its generality, regardless of individual and territorial rights, can recognize no state, no civil authority, and therefore are as much out of the order of civilization, and as much in that of barbarism, as is the slaveholder himself.

Wendell Phillips is as far removed from true Christian civilization as was John C. Calhoun, and William Lloyd Garrison is as much of a barbarian and despot in principle and tendency as Jefferson Davis.

Hence the great body of the people in the non-slaveholding States, wedded to American democracy as they were and are, could never, as much as they detested slavery, be induced to make common cause with the abolitionists, and their apparent union in the late civil war was accidental, simply owing to the fact that for the time the social democracy and the territorial coincided, or had the same enemy.

The great body of the loyal people instinctively felt that pure socialism is as incompatible with American democracy as pure individualism; and the abolitionists are well aware that slavery has been abolished, not for humanitarian or socialistic reasons, but really for reasons of state, in order to save the territorial democracy.

end quote

So there it is, people, this “white supremacy/white nationalism” myth as the basis of the Civil War thoroughly exposed as the bull***** it is.

So why do these self-righteous midnight skulkers and statue snatchers not know this basic American history above here that used to be taught to high school children in America when I was young, so we would understand how the Civil War came to be, so we would not be so stupid as to repeat it?

What malicious game are they playing on us and our nation that these modern Abolitionists would seek to deceive us so about our own history as a nation?

Why are they lying to us?

And whose side is it that they are really on?

Questions for our times, indeed.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR June 13, 2020 at 6:50 pm

Paul Plante says:

When the Cape Charles Mirror chose on August 20, 2017, nearly three years ago now, to run this thread posing the existential question of when the howling mob of American Red Guards who are sweeping away old American history to replace it with a new, as-of-yet unannounced American history which has no remnants of old Confederate Era history in it come to Fort Polk in Louisiana to demand that any statues of Leonidas Polk in the possession of the U.S. Army at Fort Polk in Louisiana be destroyed along with any reference to him or his name anywhere on the post, with a further demand that the Army change the name of Fort Polk to Fort Hillary Clinton and Martin Luther King to rid it of its white supremacist racial overtones, will the Army resist that order from the Red Guard mob, it was demonstrating to the candid world how much out ahead it was on “social issues” than say, the Washington Post, which itself has just come out with a story on the subject entitled “Trump won’t rename Army posts that honor Confederates. Here’s why they’re named after traitors” by a seeming moronic, uninformed idiot named Alex Horton on June 11, 2020, which story is ignorant because naming those forts after FAILED and DEFEATED Confederate generals hardly “honors” them; to the contrary, they were to be an enduring message to the people of the South that this is what happens when you elect to follow fools for generals in a lost cause, but the very last people in America to know that or understand that would be those who work at the Washington Post, where they are insulated and isolated from the reality the common people in America know.

According to the Washington Post article, their call to change the names of those bases is as follows:

Efforts to rename the bases intensified again following the death of George Floyd, amid another struggle over the nation’s identity and centuries of racism.

end quotes

How the Washington Post equates its campaign to change the names of those bases to the death of George Floyd, or vice versa, is nowhere explained in the article, but then it is the Washington Post, afterall, which just blurts out whatever the flavor of the moment is that will sell newspapers, which is known as pandering, and the flavor of the moment to capitalize on right now is George Floyd, so hence, the Washington Post is now on a holy crusade to remove the names of “traitors” from U.S. Army bases, except anyone who knows real American history, not the bent, warped, twisted and perverted version peddled by the Washington Post knows that none of those generals so named were ever tried or convicted of treason, and hence, are not "traitors," except in the minds of the Washington Post editors and staff.

And to demonstrate just how ignorant it really is, a bit over two years ago now, on April 13, 2018, the Washington Examiner, no relation to the lost-in-outer-space Washington Post, ran a story entitled “The Trial That Didn’t Happen” by Allen C. Guelzo, the Henry R. Luce professor of the Civil War era at Gettysburg College, wherein we were informed as follows concerning Virginia’s Bobby Lee and the subject of treason, to wit:

Treason is defined by the Constitution in Article 3, section three, as consisting in levying War against the United States or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Stark as that prescription is, fewer than 30 people have been tried for treason by the federal courts.

Two of these — Philip Wigle and John Mitchell — were convicted for their role in the 1794 Whiskey Rebellion but then pardoned by President George Washington.

Aaron Burr was tried for treason after a failed conspiracy to set up his own political empire in the Mississippi Valley, but he eluded conviction because, as Chief Justice John Marshall reasoned, “war must actually be levied against the United States.”

Burr’s plot hadn’t become more than a plot, and since “conspiracy [to levy war] is not treason,” Burr walked free.

But surely the oddest treason trial is one which never took place, that of Robert E. Lee.

Surely, if anyone could be said to have levied war against the United States, it must have been the man who for four years inflicted one embarrassing defeat after another on United States troops during the Civil War and almost single-handedly kept the Southern Confederacy alive until its final expiry in 1865.

What aggravates Lee’s offense is his pre-war career of over 30 years as a U.S. Army officer and the offer of command of the U.S. Army made to him at the outbreak of the Civil War in 1861, which he refused.

“What has General Robert Lee done to deserve mercy or forbearance from the people and the authorities of the North?” the Boston Daily Advertiser shrilly demanded after Lee surrendered his dwindling, scarecrow band of rebels at Appomattox Court House on April 9, 1865.

Lee was “the bloodiest and guiltiest traitor in all the South,” and Congressman George Julian foamed at the outrage of allowing “old General Lee” to roam “up and down the hills and valleys of Virginia,” free and unarrested.

But roam he did, because when Lee surrendered, he secured from Union General-in-Chief Ulysses S. Grant a “solemn parole of honor” that protected Lee and his army “from molestation so long as they conformed to its condition.”

Grant had been eager to avoid any further bloodbaths, and granting the paroles was, by his estimate, the easiest way to induce Lee’s surrender.

end quotes

Now, it cannot be lost on us that Bobby Lee did not create the Confederacy, nor did he fight for the Confederacy, per se.

To the contrary, Bobby Lee commanded the Army of Northern Virginia from 1862 until its surrender in 1865, and he fought for the Commonwealth.

Who created the Confederacy were the slave-owning Democrats, and if anyone was a traitor, it was them, and yet, no one ever calls for the Democrat party, the greatest memorial to slavery we have in this nation, to be outlawed, as it should be.

Getting back to Bobby Lee and the charge of treason being laid against him by the Washington Post:

That was until five days later, when President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated at Ford’s Theatre.

At once, the new president, Andrew Johnson, and his attorney general, James Speed, decided that Grant “had no authority” to offer anything like a pardon to Lee.

The Appomattox paroles were “a mere military arrangement and can have no influence upon civil rights or the status of the persons interested,” in the words of John C. Underwood.

And on June 2, Underwood, the sole functioning federal district judge in Virginia, impaneled a grand jury in Norfolk (which had been occupied by Union forces since 1862) that issued an indictment for treason involving Lee, his two sons (both Confederate generals), and 34 other high-ranking Confederates.

Underwood, a Unionist Virginian who had suffered personally at Confederate hands, was in deadly earnest: Lee “did maliciously and traitorously . . . ordain and carry on war against the United States of America.”

Lee took Underwood’s threat just as seriously.

On June 13, he appealed to Grant, and Grant in turn wrote to Secretary of War Edwin Stanton to insist that “the officers and men paroled at Appomattox C.H. . . . cannot be tried for treason so long as they observe the terms of their parole.”

But neither Stanton nor Johnson were moved, and so Grant confronted Johnson directly in a cabinet meeting.

“Mr. Johnson spoke of Lee and wanted to know why any military commander had a right to protect an arch-traitor from the laws.”

Grant, who “was angry at this,” heatedly explained to Johnson that he, as president, “might do as he pleased about civil rights, confiscation of property, and so on . . . but a general commanding troops has certain responsibilities and duties and power, which are supreme.”

That included a parole carrying immunity from prosecution.

Besides, if he had not given such a parole, “Lee would never have surrendered, and we should have lost many lives in destroying him.”

And then came the stinger: “I should have resigned the command of the army rather than have carried out any order directing me to arrest Lee or any of his commanders who obeyed the laws.”

end quotes

But as the original post clearly stated, and this on August 20, 2017, old American history is falling all around us, to be replaced with a new politically correct revisionist American history that is still being invented as you read these words, which takes us back to American history as it actually happened, not how the Washington Post wants us to believe it happened, to wit:

Lee, curiously, had never put much faith in Southern appeals to state sovereignty to justify secession from the Union.

But the obligations he owed Virginia as a citizen were another matter.

In “my view,” Lee reasoned, “the action of the State, in withdrawing itself from the government of the United States,” required its citizens to act with it.

Whether that withdrawal was right or wrong was irrelevant.

“The act of Virginia, in withdrawing herself from the United States, carried me along as a citizen of Virginia” because “her laws and her acts were binding on me.”

In the event, Lee conceded, the Civil War had exploded that theory by sheer force, and the 14th Amendment would explode it by law in 1868.

But in 1861, Lee added, neither he nor any other individual Confederate could be called a traitor for having followed their state.

“The State was responsible for the act, not the individual.”

end quotes

And then to make a further mockery of the Washington Post article, October 17, 2018, the National Constitution Center had an article out entitled “The pardon of Jefferson Davis and the 14th Amendment” wherein was stated as follows:

On this day in 1978, President Jimmy Carter officially restored the full citizenship rights of former Confederate president Jefferson Davis, signing an act from Congress that ended a century-long dispute.

Davis is most remembered today as one of the leaders of the Confederacy, along with General Robert E. Lee.

In 1976, Lee’s citizenship was restored by Congress, also about a century after Lee’s death after the Civil War.

“In posthumously restoring the full rights of citizenship to Jefferson Davis, the Congress officially completes the long process of reconciliation that has reunited our people following the tragic conflict between the States,” the resolution read on October 17, 1978.

“Earlier, he was specifically exempted from resolutions restoring the rights of other officials in the Confederacy.”

“He had served the United States long and honorably as a soldier, Member of the U.S. House and Senate, and as Secretary of War.”

“General Robert E. Lee’s citizenship was restored in 1976.”

“It is fitting that Jefferson Davis should no longer be singled out for punishment,” the resolution said.

end quotes

And now, it is again fitting that they be singled out for punishment, because George Floyd was murdered in Democrat-controlled Minneapolis where the police chief is a “person of color.”

As the original post said, what a time this is to be alive if you like drama, and plenty of it, and let’s face it, we’re all living lives of quiet desperation as someone once said who was said to know such things, and so we all crave drama to get us through the otherwise boring day, and a consequence of the societal upheaval now on-going in America where not only the language but the values themselves of an older generation are being cast onto the dustbin of history, is that we are becoming a nation without a common language or a common history or a common culture.

Old American history is falling all around us, to be replaced with a new politically correct revisionist American history that is still being invented as you read these words.