MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 13, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Paul Plante says:

“The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”

That, people, is Virginian James Madison speaking to us across the gulf of time in FEDERALIST No. 47, The Particular Structure of the New Government and the Distribution of Power Among Its Different Parts, from the New York Packet on Friday, February 1, 1788, to the People of the State of New York, and as we watch the takeover of this country by the Democrat party with the Democrats now having complete control over the executive and legislative branches of our national government, which in turn gives them control over the judiciary, we should ask ourselves this one pertinent question, to wit:

WHY?

Why is it that we have voted to impose a tyranny on ourselves?

And leaving that question hanging for a moment, and this is all with regard to the rioting and anarchy that the nation witnessed in Washington, D.C. on 6 January 2021, which is not all that different from what we witnessed back in the turbulent 60s, to be truthful, I want to go back to FEDERALIST No. 10 by James Madison, to wit:

“Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”

end quotes

Think about it, people – the founders gave us a REPUBLIC, but people wanted democracy, instead, which is what we are now stuck with to our detriment as a nation and as a people, and that brings us back to the present moment and this from U.S. Sen. Anthony M. Bucco, a Republican who represents New Jersey’s 25th district, to wit:

“There is no room in our democracy for violence, the destruction of property, or the disruption of that orderly transition.”

“Democracy will prevail, just as law and order will prevail over disorder and chaos.”

end quotes

Which makes the Senator from New Jersey sound real stupid and uninformed, because as we see from not only our own history, but the history of democracies going back in time, and here, all you have to do is a cursory study of the Greeks, democracy is simply another word for violence, the destruction of property, and disorder and chaos, which takes us back in time to 1969 and this from the Harvard Crimson, to wit:

“Police Tear Gas Routs Demonstrators In Skirmish at Department of Justice”

By John G. Short

November 17, 1969

(Special to the CRIMSON)

WASHINGTON, D. C.- Police routed 10,000 people – some of them spectators – in a rally of militant antiwar groups here Saturday afternoon, driving them from in front of the Justice Department with tear gas and clubs.

end quotes

Yes, people, we really have been here before, many times, actually, and having been alive back then, and you can call up photos from those times to check it out for yourself, those protesters who were being clubbed and beaten back then were white, not Black, which goes to this statement going around today that Black rioters are treated differently than white rioters, which is yet more BULL**** being pumped our way by the ignorant and partisan main-stream media in this country.

Getting back to The Crimson:

They arrested 50 demonstrators as Attorney General John Mitchell watched from his office window.

Demonstrators had been throwing bottles and stones through windows of the building and at police.

end quotes

So, okay, it was only the Justice Department building whose windows they were smashing, not the capital, so that is a whole lot less serious than what happened in Washington on 6 January 2021, where a mob estimated between 10,000 and 30,000 were seen around the capitol, or so we are to believe, anyway, and that is because in 1969, it was the Republicans in charge of the Justice Department, so given they were not Democrats, the dominant political force here in the United States of America, it was okay for the mob to attack them, which again takes us back to The Crimson for more, to wit:

Rally

The rally began shortly after 4 p. m. when a coalition of the Yippies, the Weathermen, the Mad Dogs, and small anarchist groups from New York City gathered around huge papier mache figures of Spiro Agnew and other men in the government.

end quotes

HUH?

WTF?

Rioting?

Insurrection?

Sedition?

Civil disobedience?

Anarchy?

Treason?

All of the above?

And with those questions before us, let us drop back to 1968, when Eugene McCarthy, a little-known Democratic senator from Minnesota, announced on November 20, 1967, that he would seek the party’s nomination for president, this a month after another mammoth demonstration at the Pentagon.

McCarthy was very straightforward about his political goals — rehabilitating the American political system and getting the antiwar protests off the streets:

“There is growing evidence of a deepening moral crisis in America — discontent and frustration and a disposition to take extralegal if not illegal actions to manifest protest.”

“I am hopeful that this challenge…may alleviate at least in some degree this sense of political hopelessness and restore to many people a belief in the process of American politics and of American government…[and] that it may counter the growing sense of alienation from politics, which I think is currently reflected in a tendency to withdraw from political action, to talk of nonparticipation, to become cynical and to make threats of support for third parties or fourth parties or other irregular political movements.”

end quotes

So contrary to what the Senator from New Jersey is saying, there is indeed plenty of room in our democracy for violence, the destruction of property, or the disruption of that orderly transition, because democracy is a synonym for political violence, just as Jemmy Madison told us in FEDERALIST No. 10, to wit:

“Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”

Getting back to the political violence our democracy provided for us back in 1969, let’s go back to The Crimson for more, to wit:

A march led by red, blue and yellow Viet Cong flags began circling the Justice Department building from its front door on Constitution Ave.

The group had a permit to rally from 5 to 8 p. m.

The marchers demanded an end to the Chicago trial of the eight people charged with conspiracy to riot at last year’s Democratic National Convention.

They also demanded the freeing of Bobby Seale, one of the eight, who was sentenced to four years in jail for contempt of court in that trial.

Shortly after the march had rounded the building and was back on Constitution Avenue, a demonstrator threw a red smoke bomb which exploded next to the building.

Then, with thousands of demonstrators jammed in the street in front of the Justice Department, members of the crowd hurled rocks and bottles at the windows.

A line of Mobe marshals briefly ringed the base of the Justice Department building holding their fingers in the V-shape to try to stop the barrage.

Police moved in from the east and fired two successive rounds of tear gas which drove about a quarter of the crowd back into the Mall to the south.

In the meantime, other police formed a line across Constitution Avenue to block the main body of the demonstrators.

Some of these hauled down the American flag from the Justice Department’s pole and ran up their Viet Cong flag.

Police then took it down.

end quotes

There is no room in our democracy for violence, the destruction of property, and democracy will prevail, just as law and order will prevail over disorder and chaos?

Getting back to the democracy, we have:

For some 15 minutes demonstrators and police confronted each other until the crowd began to throw rocks and sticks at police.

Then the police began a massive tear gas attack on the crowd.

The police first shot gas at the front of the crowd, which began to retreat immediately.

Then as the 10,000 – both militant demonstrators and less-militant spectators – on Constitution Avenue tried to leave the area, the crowd was bottle-necked by narrow exits.

Two thousand people trying to get between the Museum of Natural History and a concrete underpass could move no faster than a very slow walk.

Big clouds of tear gas covered the crowd.

Police fired more cannisters of gas into the air so that they landed and exploded in the midst of the crowd on the feet and clothing of the retreating demonstrators.

Many Blinded

The gas blinded those it hit and made it very difficult for them to breathe.

Many were overcome and collapsed.

Many others lay gagging and vomiting over the rail into the underpass.

A larger group of demonstrators was similarly trapped on Constitution Avenue.

Police arrested about 30 for disorderly conduct.

Most of the people from this group headed north towards Pennsylvania Ave Some then headed west to the White House where they were repulsed again, and where more were arrested.

As they retreated, some groups smashed some store windows.

A total of 20 windows at the Justice Department were broken.

Over 100 demonstrators were arrested Saturday on a variety of charges.

end quotes

Boy, isn’t democracy just the best thing that ever happened since somebody discovered that if you dropped a piece of plain white bread into the fire, if you got it out soon enough, it made for some great toast!

So was what happened in Washington, D.C. on 6 January 2021 really an insurrection because Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats say it was?

Or was it anarchy, plain and simple?

Stay tuned, for more is yet to come!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-316308
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Paul Plante says

January 14, 2021 at 6:31 pm

And before we go further in here, let us go back in time for a moment to 1868, and the Articles of Impeachment the Republicans in the House of Representatives brought against Democrat Andrew Johnson, because as this matter of the “Trumpian Insurrection” develops further, it makes for interesting reading, to wit:

ARTICLE X.

That said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, unmindful of the high duties of his office and the dignity and proprieties thereof, and of the harmony and courtesies which ought to exist and be maintained between the executive and legislative branches of the Government of the United States, designing and intending to set aside the rightful authority and powers of Congress, did attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt, and reproach the Congress of the United States and the several branches thereof, to impair and destroy the regard and respect of all the good people of the United States for the Congress and legislative power thereof, (which all officers of the Government ought inviolably to preserve and maintain,) and to excite the odium and resentment of all the good people of the United States against Congress and the laws by it duly and constitutionally enacted: and in pursuance of said design and intent, openly and publicly, and before divers assemblages of the citizens of the United States convened in divers parts thereof to meet and receive said Andrew Johnson as the Chief Magistrate of the United States, did, on the 18th day of August, in the year of our Lord 1866, and on divers other days and times, as well before as afterward, make and deliver with a loud voice certain intemperate, inflammatory, and scandalous harangues, and did therein utter loud threats and bitter menaces as well against Congress amid the cries, jeers, and laughter of the multitudes then assembled and within hearing, which are set forth in the several specifications hereinafter written, in substance and effect, that is to say:

Specification First. In this, that at Washington, in the District of Columbia, in the Executive Mansion, to a committee of citizens who called upon the President of the United States, speaking of and concerning the Congress of the United States, said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, heretofore, to wit, on the 18th day of August, in the year of our Lord 1866, did, in a loud voice, declare in substance and effect, among other things, that is to say:

“So far as the executive department of the Government is concerned, the effort has been made to restore the Union, to heal the breach, to pour oil into the wounds which were consequent upon the struggle, and (to speak in common phrase) to prepare as the learned and wise physician would, a plaster healing in character and coextensive with the wound.”

“We thought, and we think, that we had partially succeeded; but as the work progresses, as reconstruction seemed to be taking place, and the country was becoming reunited, we found a disturbing and marring element opposing us.”

“In alluding to that element, I shall go no further than your convention and the distinguished gentleman who has delivered to me the report of its proceedings.”

“I shall make no reference to it that I do not believe the time and the occasion justify.”

“We have witnessed in one department of the Government every endeavor to prevent the restoration of peace, harmony, and Union.”

“We have seen hanging upon the verge of the government, as it were, a body called, or which assumes to be, the Congress of the United States, while in fact it is a Congress of only a part of the States.”

“We have seen this Congress pretend to be for the Union, when its every step and act tended to perpetuate disunion and make a disruption of the States inevitable.”

“We have seen Congress gradually encroach step by step upon constitutional rights, and violate, day after day and month after month, fundamental principles of the Government.”

“We have seen a Congress that seemed to forget that there was a limit to the sphere and scope of legislation.”

“We have seen a Congress in a minority assume to exercise power which, allowed to be consummated, would result in despotism or monarchy itself.”

Specification Second. In this, that at Cleveland, in the State of Ohio, heretofore, to wit, on the 3rd day of September, in the year of our Lord 1850, before a public assemblage of citizens and others, said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, speaking of and concerning the Congress of the United States, did, in a loud voice, declare in substance and effect, among other things, that is to say:

“I will tell you what I did do.”

“I called upon your Congress that is trying to break up the Government.”

[Here, the text of the Articles of Impeachment indicates omitting a portion of the quoted speech.]

“In conclusion, besides that, Congress had taken much pains to poison their constituents against him.”

“But what had Congress done?”

“Have they done anything to restore the union of these States?”

“No; on the contrary, they had done everything to prevent it; and because he stood now where he did when the rebellion commenced he had been denounced as a traitor.”

“Who had run greater risks or made greater sacrifices than himself?”

“But Congress, factions and domineering, had undertaken to poison the minds of the American people.”

Specification Third. In this, that at St. Louis, in the State of Missouri, heretofore, to wit, on the 8th day of September, in the year of our Lord 1866, before a public assemblage of citizens and others, said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, speaking of and concerning the Congress of the United States, did, in a loud voice, declare in substance and effect, among other things, that is to say:

“Go on.”

“Perhaps if you had a word or two on the subject of New Orleans you might understand more about it than you do.”

“And if you will go back – if you will go back and ascertain the cause of the riot at New Orleans, perhaps you will not be so prompt in calling out ‘New Orleans.’”

“If you will take up the riot at New Orleans and trace it back to its source or its immediate cause, you will find out who was responsible for the blood that was shed there.”

“If you will take up the riot at New Orleans and trace it back to the Radical Congress you will find that the riot at New Orleans was substantially planned.”

“If you will take up the proceedings in their caucuses you will understand that they there knew that a convention was to be called which was extinct by its power having expired; that it was said that the intention was that a new government was to be organized, and on the organization of that government the intention was to enfranchise one portion of the population, called the colored population, who had just been emancipated, and at the same time disfranchise white men.”

“When you design to talk about New Orleans you ought to understand what you are talking about.”

“When you read the speeches that were made, and take up the facts on the Friday and Saturday before that convention sat, you will there find that speeches were incendiary in their character, exciting that portion of the population, the black population, to arm themselves and prepare for the shedding of blood.”

“You will also find that the convention did assemble in violation of law, and the intention of that convention was to supersede the reorganized authorities in the State government of Louisiana, which had been recognized by the Government of the United States; and every man engaged in that rebellion in that convention, with the intention of superseding and upturning the civil government which had been recognized by the Government of the United States, I say that he was a traitor to the Constitution of the United States and you find that another rebellion was commenced having its origin in the Radical Congress.”

[Here, the text of the Articles of Impeachment indicates omitting a portion of the quoted speech.]

“So much for the New Orleans riot.”

“And there was the cause and the origin of the blood that was shed; and every drop of blood that was shed is upon their skirts, and they are responsible for it.”

“I could test this thing a little closer but will not do it here tonight.”

“But when you talk about the causes and consequences that resulted from proceedings of that kind, perhaps, as I have been introduced here, and you have provoked questions of this kind, though it does not provoke me, I will tell you a few wholesome things that have been done by this Radical Congress in connection with New Orleans and the extension of the elective franchise.”

“I know that I have been traduced and abused.”

“I know it has come in advance of me here, as elsewhere, that I have attempted to exercise an arbitrary power in resisting laws that were intended to be forced upon the Government; that I had exercised that power; that I had abandoned the party that elected me, and that I was a traitor, because I exercised the veto power in attempting and did arrest for a time a bill that was called a ‘Freedman’s Bureau’ bill: yes, that I was a traitor.”

“And I have been traduced.”

“I have been slandered, I have been maligned, I have been called Judas Iscariot, and all that.”

“Now, my countrymen here tonight, it is very easy to indulge in epithets; it is easy to call a man a Judas and cry out traitor; but when he is called upon to give arguments and facts he is very often found wanting.”

“Judas Iscariot – Judas.”

“There was a Judas and he was one of the twelve apostles.”

“Oh yes, the twelve apostles had a Christ.”

“The twelve apostles had a Christ, and he never could have had a Judas unless he had twelve apostles.”

“If I have played the Judas, who has been my Christ that I have played the Judas with?”

“Was it Thad. Stevens?”

“Was it Wendell Phillips?

“Was it Charles Sumner?”

“These are the men that stop and compare themselves with the Savior: and everybody that differs with them in opinion, and to try and stay and arrest the diabolical and nefarious policy, is to be denounced as a Judas.”

[Here again, the text of the Articles of Impeachment indicates omitting a portion of the quoted speech.]

“Well, let me say to you, if you will stand by me in this action: if you will stand by me in trying to give the people a fair chance, soldiers and citizens, to participate in these offices, God being willing, I will kick them out.”

“I will kick them out just as fast as I can.

“Let me say to you, in concluding, that what I have said I intended to say. I was not provoked into this, and I care not for their menaces, the taunts, and the jeers.”

“I care not for threats.”

“I do not intend to be bullied by my enemies nor overawed by my friends.”

“But, God willing, with your help I will veto their measures whenever any of them come to me.”

Which said utterances, declarations, threats, and harangues, highly censurable in any, are peculiarly indecent and unbecoming in the Chief Magistrate of the United States, by means whereof said Andrew Johnson has brought the high office of the President of the United States into contempt, ridicule, and disgrace, to the great scandal of all good citizens, whereby said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, did commit, and was then and there guilty of, a high misdemeanor in office.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-316660
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 16, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Paul Plante says:

And talk about high crimes and misdemeanors being committed against We, the American people by FRAUDSTER Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats coupled with hysterical horse**** coming at us from outerspace and making it up as they go while slinging massive amounts of pure, unadulterated bull**** in a veritable blizzard as they impeach Donald Trump based on a FRAUD concocted by Nancy Pelosi and her pack of virulent Democrats intent on installing a DICTATORSHIP OF THE PROLETARIAT here in the United States of America, the prize of all prizes for the Marxists, let’s go to a BUSINESS INSIDER article entitled “Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tells GOP colleagues they need to remove Trump because he incited a violent mob to ‘possibly kill’ them” by John Haltiwanger on Jan. 8, 2021, where we are treated to the following raft of **** from Democrat DRAMA QUEEN AOC, to wit:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday called on her GOP colleagues to join the effort to remove President Donald Trump from office over the Capitol siege that he incited.

“To my GOP colleagues: know that this President incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but you, too,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“Remove him,” she went on to say of Trump.

end quotes

Now, truly, people, when it comes to the MOTHER OF ALL POLITICAL THEATER and GONZO LOLLAPALOOZA EXTRAVAGANZAS, nobody but nobody can hold a candle to the Democrats, and especially a highly accomplished DRAMA QUEEN like AOC as we are seeing here in this Business Insider article where we have AOC telling her alleged “GOP colleagues,” who she will later say she feared, that Trump incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but them, as well.

What horse****!

First of all, there was no “insurrection!”

Second of all, at least according to the REUTERS article “U.S. now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at U.S. Capitol” by Brad Heath, Sarah N. Lynch and Jan Wolfe on January 15, 2021, that’s complete bull**** that Trump had hunter-killer teams searching out, of all people, AOC, who is at best a whiny, pipsqueak politician of little or no importance to anything in the grand scheme of things, to wit:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C. said on Friday there is no “direct evidence” to suggest that rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol had formed “kill capture teams.”

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.”

Sherwin said that his office is leading the prosecution effort, but as local offices help to run down suspects in their districts, there may have been a “disconnect” on the evidence obtained so far in the cases.

Late on Thursday, federal prosecutors had made sweeping claims about the ongoing investigation in a filing as they asked a judge to detain Jacob Chansley, an Arizona man and QAnon conspiracy theorist photographed wearing horns as he stood at the desk of Vice President Mike Pence in the chamber of the U.S. Senate.

In the filing, they said Chansley left a note for Pence warning that “it’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government,” the memo said.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona told Reuters the office plans to file an amended memo today, ahead of Chansley’s appearance in federal court for his detention hearing.

end quotes

This is the same AOC who was recently featured in another Business Insider article whining that nobody loves her and everybody is against her, to wit:

“AOC said she might quit politics, as some centrist Democrats blame progressives for House losses, NYT says”

Kelsey Vlamis, Business Insider

November 7, 2020

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told the New York Times in an interview that she might quit politics, depending on the hostility of her own party towards progressive causes.

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics,” she told The Times.

She said the Democratic party has been hostile to progressive causes, like Medicare for All and the Movement for Black Lives.

The interview happened Saturday, shortly after major news networks called the election for President-elect Joe Biden, and after some Democrats blamed progressive messaging for party losses down-ticket.

“You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year.”

“Externally, there’s been a ton of support,” she said, according to The Times.

“But internally, it’s been extremely hostile to anything that even smells progressive.”

end quotes

BOO HOO HOO, and now, Donald Trump is trying to assassinate her.

Yeah, okay, AOC, whatever you say!

We know, everybody hates you because you’re you, and they are not, which makes them hateful and jealous towards you.

In that, of course, AOC is a lot like another Democrat drama queen we know named Hillary Rodham Clinton,

Now, as an aside, as Wikipedia tells us, in the history of theatre, in this case theater of the absurd, or opera bouffe, there is long tradition of performances addressing issues of current events, especially those central to society itself, in our case such important issues to society as to whether Donald Trump has any love children, and to see how old this branch of theater really is, the political satire performed by the comic poets at the theaters of ancient Greece had considerable influence on public opinion in the Athenian democracy, and those earlier Western dramas, arising out of the polis, or democratic city-state of Greek society, were performed in amphitheaters, central arenas used for theatrical performances, religious ceremonies and political gatherings with those dramas, like this one today starring Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez having a ritualistic and social significance that enhanced the relevance of the political issues being examined.

Getting back to the Business Insider article, that saga of AOC almost but not quite getting assassinated by Trump’s hunter-killer teams he sent in specifically to kill AOC, it continued as follows:

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday implored her Republican colleagues to embrace the push to remove President Donald Trump from office after he provoked an attempted coup at the US
Capitol earlier in the week.

end quotes

A coup?

First, it’s an insurrection, and now, it’s a coup?

WOW!

HOLY COW!

Who’d a thought it?

And now that AOC is getting real warmed up in her delivery here, let’s go back for more, to wit:

“To my GOP colleagues: know that this President incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but you, too.”

“He *will* allow opportunities of physical harm against you if you aren’t sufficiently loyal to him.”

“Remove him,” the New York Democrat said in a tweet.

end quotes

So, to cap that all off, even though nobody else knows Trump incited an insurrection and coup and was going to kill not only Democrats, but Republicans, too, and who knows, maybe even independents, as well, and even though the FBI has no evidence to back any of that up, still because she is AOC, she knows it is true, because, well, ah,, she’s AOC, and that is all we need to know!

Trump’s guilty, hang him!

AOC says so, and that’s it, nothing more is needed!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-316999
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 18, 2021 at 10:53 am

Paul Plante says:

And while we are on the subject of a major league assault on-going against our democracy and some real weird **** going down here in OUR America which the Democrats are trying to make theirs, as if America were a possession, which is what is has become, a trinket to be fought over like dogs fight over a bone, and making it up as they go, let’s go to an article in ELLE entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She Feared She’d Die During Capitol Riot After ‘Very Close Encounter’ – ‘I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive'” by Alyssa Bailey on Jan 13, 2021, where we are treated to the following from the DRAMA QUEEN, to wit:

When pro-Trump supporters breached the Capitol a week ago, many noted that progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was unusually absent from Twitter and hadn’t confirmed she was safe during the riot.

She eventually would post that she was okay on social media that evening, but in a new Instagram video last night, AOC admitted the truth behind her initial absent: She wasn’t safe the entire time.

In fact, she was afraid she would be killed.

end quotes

Oh, good Christ is all I can say – that is what this was all about on 6 January 2021 – it wasn’t an insurrection, it wasn’t a coup, it really was an attempt to kill AOC, because AOC is the most important person in the world, bar none, even more so than Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi – it’s all about AOC.

Getting back to the drama, it continues as follows:

AOC described the riots as “a pretty traumatizing event,” going on to say, “I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die.”

Ocasio-Cortez added that she couldn’t get into specifics due to security reasons.

end quotes

Which is absolute horsecrap – she thought she was going to die, but because of security reasons, that is all she can say?

Sounds like some lines from a daytime soap to me, which again takes us back to that story, as follows:

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

“Not just in a general sense, but in a very, very specific sense.”

The Congresswoman added that she did not feel safe staying with other lawmakers in the protected “extraction point” because “there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera.”

“So I didn’t even feel safe around other members of Congress.”

end quotes

Other members of Congress in that extraction point who she knows and who she felt would disclose her location and would create opportunities to allow her to be hurt, kidnapped, etc?

Disclose her location to who?

The “hunter-killer” teams Trump had roaming the halls of the Capitol looking for AOC so they could assassinate her?

Except according to the REUTERS article “U.S. now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at U.S. Capitol” by Brad Heath, Sarah N. Lynch and Jan Wolfe on January 15, 2021, that’s complete bull**** that Trump had hunter-killer teams searching out, of all people, AOC, who is at best a whiny, pipsqueak politician of little or no importance to anything in the grand scheme of things, to wit:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C. said on Friday there is no “direct evidence” to suggest that rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol had formed “kill capture teams.”

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.”

end quotes

So that is simply hysterical horse**** AOC is spewing there, as usual.

And why is this all about AOC?

How did it become about her?

Getting back to that article, it goes on as follows:

She said that generally, it is “not an exaggeration” to say that many members of Congress were “nearly assassinated.”

end quotes

Many members of Congress were nearly assassinated?

How nearly?

And when was all of that going on, outside of AOC’s fever dreams?

And the drama and wild accusations continue as follows:

AOC confirmed that some members of the U.S. Capitol Police seemed to side with the pro-Trump rioters, saying it was hard to trust the unit as a whole with her safety.

“Not know[ing] if an officer is there to help you or harm you is also quite traumatizing,” she said.

end quotes

Which is some very incredible horse**** flowing from out her mouth as she slanders and smears the Capitol Police Force, which by the way is under the control of Democrat Nancy Pelosi, not Trump, so that if AOC cannot trust the Capitol Police, that is a direct reflection not on Trump but on Nancy Pelosi, who is obviously too incompetent to keep AOC safe.

There are very dangerous aspersions she is casting out here, without any evidence of any kind to support what she is saying.

Talk about reckless and irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric, there we have a classic text-book case of it right there, which against takes us back to the story for more hysterical shrieking from AOC as follows:

In the video, AOC condemned some of her GOP colleagues, including Republican Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, for their role encouraging the rioters and generally inciting them by refusing to accept the results of a legitimate presidential election and attempting to overturn them.

end quotes

Except according to OUR laws, which AOC is ignorant of and ignores, because laws do not apply to her, her being real special and all, like Hillary, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley were well withing their legal and Constitutional rights to challenge those votes, to wit:

3 U.S. Code § 15 – Counting electoral votes in Congress

Upon such reading of any such certificate or paper, the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any.

Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received.

When the two Houses have voted, they shall immediately again meet, and the presiding officer shall then announce the decision of the questions submitted.

No votes or papers from any other State shall be acted upon until the objections previously made to the votes or papers from any State shall have been finally disposed of.

end quotes

Except to my knowledge, that never happened, because the Democrats short-stopped the process so that could not happen, so that objections could not be made as the law provides for.

So what game is AOC playing at here?

Stay tuned!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317689
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 18, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Paul Plante says:

And staying with the THEATER OF THE TOTALLY BIZARRE that we are being presented with by Nancy Pelosi and her pack of raving Democrats while we are on the subject of the major league assault the Democrats are waging against our democracy while some real weird **** is going down here in OUR America which the Democrats are trying to make theirs, as if America were a possession, which is what is has become, a trinket to be fought over like dogs fight over a bone, and making it up as they go, let’s go back to the article in ELLE entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She Feared She’d Die During Capitol Riot After ‘Very Close Encounter’ – ‘I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive’” by Alyssa Bailey on Jan 13, 2021, where the DRAMA QUEEN AOC presents us with more hysterical shrieking as follows:

In the video, AOC condemned some of her GOP colleagues, including Republican Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, for their role encouraging the rioters and generally inciting them by refusing the accept the results of a legitimate presidential election and attempting to overturn them.

“This isn’t about the truth to them,” she said.

“This is about whether they want to be president in 2024.”

“Let me give you a sneak peek: You will never be president.”

“What claim will you have?”

“That you rule over a destroyed society?”

“That the ashes belong to you?”

“Let me give you a sneak peek, you will never be president.”

“You will never command the respect of this country, never.”

end quotes

And HOLY COW, and my goodness, but she’s really on a roll there, isn’t she?

Her problem, of course, is that it is she who will never command the respect of this country because she lacks the maturity and wisdom and demeanor to be worthy of respect.

Getting back to that spew of pure, unadulterated gross ignorance and hysteria from AOC, we have:

In light of a Capitol police officer dying in the riot, AOC said, “I don’t want to see the Republican Party talk about blue lives ever again.”

“This was never about safety for them.”

“It was always a slogan.”

“Because if they actually care about the rule of law they would speak up when people break the law.”

end quotes

And how about you, AOC?

Do you actually care about the rule of law?

And what about “blue lives mattering,” AOC?

Which thought takes us to an AMNY article entitled “Malliotakis faces backlash for Law Enforcement Day post after Capitol putsch, AOC unrelenting” by Mark Hallum & Hazel Shahgholi on January 10, 2021, where AOC goes off on Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis big time in a real tantrum tirade, as follows:

Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis, still just days into her first term in office, continues to face backlash from Twitter users calling for her resignation.

Among her critics are Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who said her Republican counterpart brought “shame” to the New York delegation with her objection to the electoral vote on Jan. 6 that contributed to a wider movement against Joe Biden’s victory that led to the storming of Capitol that day.

end quotes

Like hell, AOC – the law, OUR Law, 3 U.S. Code § 15 – Counting electoral votes in Congress, makes it incandescently clear that she had every right to object to those electoral votes, and by censuring her for exercising her right, what AOC is trying to do is to strip WE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE of our rights under that law as citizens, which is to say, she is trying to strip us of due process of law and equal protection of law, which is what despots do in a tyranny.

Getting back to that story, it goes on as follows:

Despite the blame on chaotic events leading up to what many are calling a putsch and resulting in the death of a U.S. Capitol Police officer being placed on GOP naysayers, Malliotakis went to Twitter to celebrate law enforcement on Jan. 9, displaying a Blue Lives Matter flag hanging next to her office in Washington D.C.

“This coming from a socialist who only talks about our police when she’s calling to defund them…”

“And when you aren’t doing that…you’re killing jobs, defending looters, calling those who support police ‘racists’ or pushing a destructive ideology that’s led to nothing but misery,” Malliotakis shot back on Saturday night.

The backlash continued on Saturday when Democrats at the state level rallied in front of Malliotakis’s office on the Brooklyn side of her district.

State Senator Diane Savino, who was one of only two members of the Independent Democratic Conference to make it through a purging of representatives who were part of the breakaway group in 2018, placed blamed the actions of Malliotakis and other objectors for the insurrection.

end quotes

Insurrection, people?

When?

When was there an insurrection?

Does anyone know?

Wasn’t the insurrection on April 12, 1861, when early in the morning, Democrat guns around the harbor opened fire on Fort Sumter, a United States facility, so that at 2:30 pm on April 13th, Major Robert Anderson, garrison commander, surrendered the fort to the Democrats and it was evacuated the next day?

Getting back to that article:

“Well let me tell you what, the founding fathers were very, very smart people.”

“They wanted to make sure that members of Congress were not responsible for the election of the President.”

“They wrote into the constitution that electors would be a temporary body because they didn’t want people who could be beholden to the voters special interests, or worse, an angry mob to be those who cast those votes,” Savino said.

“And that kind of shit is what led to what happened on Wednesday.”

“The difference between then and now, you didn’t have millions of voters who have been lied to deliberately by elected officials who are afraid to face them and tell them the truth.”

end quotes

More HOLY COW, people!

Getting back to it, we have, not surprisingly:

The very next day in a Tweet and interview, Ocasio-Cortez proved she would be an unrelenting force in the movement to impeach Trump for a second time.

In an interview with ABC7 Eyewitness News, Ocasio-Cortez stated that impeachment should be scheduled urgently as “every second and every minute he [Trump] is in office represents a clear and present danger not just to the US Congress, but frankly to the country.”

She also called for a complete block on Trump ever running for office again and highlighted that, if action is not swiftly taken, there is the potential for Trump to pardon himself for the charges he was impeached for.

end quotes

And here I have to pause to take a rest to let all of this weird drama from DEMOCRAT DRAMA QUEEN AOC sink in, saying in closing, boy, isn’t democracy just the greatest thing on earth because it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys, especially when it is AOC who is the actor on the stage!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317839
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Paul Plante says:

And talk about THEATER OF THE TOTALLY BIZARRE, and an exceedingly shrill AOC waxing hysterical, this blizzard of bull**** being thrown at us by the Democrats is getting weirder and weirder by the moment, as we can see from an article in British women’s fashion magazine marieclaire.com entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Called Out the Hypocrisy of ‘Blue Lives Matter’ After the Capitol Attack” by Emily Dixon on Jan 14, 2021, to wit:

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned out the hypocrisy of the Blue Lives Matter movement in an Instagram Live video Tuesday, after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol last week.

end quotes

Hypocrisy, AOC?

What hypocrisy?

And for those unfamiliar with the so-called “Blue Lives Matter” movement, according to the Blue Lives Matter NYC website, the organization was established to support police officers and their families during times of need.

According to Wikipedia, Blue Lives Matter is a countermovement in the United States advocating that those who are prosecuted and convicted of killing law enforcement officers should be sentenced under hate crime statutes.

So where, outside of the fevered mind of the hysterical AOC, who seems to have some very serious psychological issues she needs to sort through as life among adults overwhelms her ability to cope with reality, is there hypocrisy associated with the Blue Lives Matter movement?

To see if we can suss out that answer, let’s go back to marieclaire for some more AOC on stage, as follows:

“I don’t want to hear or see the Republican Party talk about blue lives ever again,” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez said.

end quotes

Okay, AOC, in that case, stop listening, because NOBODY, including the Republicans, dances to your dance tune, nor can you make them!

Getting back to marieclaire:

“This was never about safety for them.”

“It was always a slogan, because if they actually cared about rule of law they would speak up when people break the law.”

end quotes

And they do – each time BLACK LIVES MATTER or the ANTI-FA paramilitary wing of the Democrat party loot, burn vandalize and destroy, there is plenty of outrage expressed by not only Republicans, but all normal, rational, productive, law-abiding American citizens who aren’t Democrats and have no intention of being Democrats.

“They don’t give a damn about the law.”

“They don’t give a damn about order.”

“They don’t give a damn about safety.”

“They give a damn about white supremacy,” she continued.

end quotes

Actually, when it comes to not giving a damn about the law, and not giving a damn about order, and not giving a damn about safety, and being obsessed about white supremacy, there AOC is talking about the Democrat party, and BLACK LIVES MATTER, and the Democrat paramilitary wing ANTI-FA, which takes us back to marieclaire for more AOC on stage, as follows:

“They care about preserving the social order and the mythology of whiteness more than the grandeur of our democracy.”

“That’s what they care about.”

“They lust for power more than they care about democracy.”

end quotes

WOW!

That is some powerful stuff, alright, especially preserving the social order and the mythology of whiteness more than the grandeur of our democracy.

That has quite a ring to it, alright, excepting for the part where she prattles about the “grandeur of our democracy,” a ridiculous statement, given our democracy is a big ******* mess with no grandeur whatsoever, and that is thanks to the efforts of the Democrats these last four years since their champion Hillary Clinton lost to Trump to make it that way in retaliation.

And with lines like that, I can just see it now – a huge reproduction of the stage musical “Evita” with AOC in the lead role belting out “Don’t cry for me, Argentina” to the thunderous applause of all of her many TWITTER fans in the audience!

A few minutes into her full livestream on Tuesday, Ocasio-Cortez said she feared for her life as the pro-Trump rioters rampaged through the Capitol.

“I had a pretty traumatizing event happen to me and I don’t even know if I can disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns, but I can tell you I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die,” she said.

end quotes

HUH?

She had a pretty traumatizing event happen to her and she don’t even know if she can disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns?

What security concerns?

And the fact that she doesn’t even know makes her sound not only very stupid and ignorant, but very unfit to serve in the United States House of Representatives, as well, where according to FEDERALIST No. 53, “The House of Representatives,” from the New York Packet, an early American version of the Cape Charles Mirror, to the People of the State of New York on Tuesday, February 12, 1788, we have thusly: “No man (woman) can be a competent legislator who does not add to an upright intention and a sound judgment a certain degree of knowledge of the subjects on which he is to legislate.”

AOC lacks upright intention, she lacks sound judgment and she is ******* stupid when it comes to a certain knowledge of the subjects on which she is to legislate.

All AOC knows is an intense hatred for those who have white skin.

AOC is obsessed with what color somebody’s skin is – that is as far as her intellect lets her go, which renders her unfit to be the representative of a FREE PEOPLE in OUR House of Representatives which AOC, Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats seem to think is their possession!

And then we go back to marieclaire for this burst of pure tear-jerking bull**** from AOC, to wit:

“You have all of those thoughts where, at the end of your life, these thoughts come rushing to you,” she continued.

“That’s what happened to a lot of us on Wednesday.”

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

“And not just in a general sense, but in a very specific sense.”

Ocasio-Cortez revealed that she did not take refuge in the protected “extraction point” where lawmakers were instructed to shelter, as the Washington Post reports, fearing that other members of Congress would share her location with the mob.

“There were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera,” she said.

“So I didn’t even feel safe around other members of Congress.”

end quotes

And because she doesn’t feel safe around those other members of Congress, they have to leave, period!

The only people who can serve in congress are those pre-approved by AOC, because she will only serve in congress with people she personally is comfortable with!

Such is Democrat democracy in America today, which takes us back to marieclaire for even more Democrat drama, to wit:

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley wrote on Twitter Tuesday that she shared Ocasio-Cortez’s concerns about the delegated safe room, and noted that some Republican lawmakers did not wear masks while sheltering.

“The second I realized our “safe room” from the violent white supremacist mob included treasonous, white supremacist, anti masker Members of Congress who incited the mob in the first place, I exited,” Rep. Pressley tweeted.

Rep. Pressley’s office, too, proved unsafe, according to her chief of staff Sarah Groh.

Groh told the Boston Globe that after she and Pressley barricaded themselves in the office, alongside Pressley’s husband and other staffers, they realized the security system had been sabotaged.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” Groh said.

end quotes

Given that it is Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats who are in control of the capitol, who could have known beforehand that Rep. Pressley and chief of staff Sarah Groh and Pressley’s husband and other staffers were going to barricade themselves in Groh’s office, instead of Pressley’s, so that they could get there beforehand themselves to sabotage the security system by ripping out every panic button in her office?

Trump?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317982
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 20, 2021 at 11:56 am

Paul Plante says:

Yes, people, THEATER OF THE TOTALLY BIZARRE as an exceedingly shrill AOC waxes hysterical and the blizzard of bull**** being thrown at us by the Democrats keeps getting weirder and weirder by the moment, let’s go across the pond to see how the Brits are seeing this AOC show with the article in THE GUARDIAN entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thought she ‘was going to die’ during Capitol attack – New York congresswoman said on Instagram Live she had a ‘very close encounter’ that put her life at risk” by Kenya Evelyn in Washington on 13 Jan 2021, to wit:

The Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told thousands of followers via her Instagram Live on Tuesday that she “thought [she] was going to die” as a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol last week.

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive,” she said.

Not divulging details due to security concerns, the New York congresswoman revealed she had a “very close encounter” that put her life, and those of her staff, at risk.

“Wednesday was an extremely traumatizing event.”

“And it was not an exaggeration to say that many members of the House were nearly assassinated,” she said.

end quotes

As a twice-wounded combat veteran, I am and remain quite curious about AOC’s statement that many members of the House were “nearly assassinated.”

What exactly does “nearly assassinated” mean to a rational person?

How is somebody “nearly assassinated?”

That’s like me saying I was almost very nearly killed by a big branch falling off a redwood tree in California when I was 3500 miles away in New York state.

Getting back to how the Brits see things over here in The Colonies, the article continues with more AOC on stage as follows:

Ocasio-Cortez – who is also referred to as AOC – spoke at length about the experience, noting she “didn’t feel safe around other members of Congress” because there were colleagues “who would create opportunities to allow [her] to be hurt, kidnapped, etc”.

end quotes

Colleagues “who WOULD create opportunities to allow [her] to be hurt, kidnapped, etc?”

Now, that is an extremely serious charge by AOC of criminal intent on the part of “her colleagues,” and if there is an evidentiary basis for it, then those colleagues should be prosecuted and jailed.

Conversely, if there is no evidentiary basis, AOC should be charged with making false and inflammatory statements to whip up mob sentiment against the Republicans, and she should be immediately removed from Congress, which again takes us back to The Guardian, to wit:.

The congresswoman’s remarks add to several Democratic leaders who have come forward with details that suggest some Republican politicians may also have aided in the invasion.

In a Facebook live on Tuesday night, the New Jersey representative Mikie Sherrill recalled a “reconnaissance”, or tours being provided by colleagues to groups of Trump supporters at the Capitol on 5 January.

The grounds had been closed to the public since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“I was told later that members of that mob had zip ties, were wearing body armor and were looking to take prisoners,” the congresswoman said.

end quotes

What odious inflammatory bull****!

Told by whom, given that there is no proof to support it, according to a REUTERS article entitled “U.S. now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at U.S. Capitol” by Brad Heath, Sarah N. Lynch and Jan Wolfe on January 15, 2021, to wit:

end quotes

Getting back to the Democrat bull**** spew as the Brits see it:

While she did not identify the Republican lawmakers, the Democrat vowed to “see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure they don’t serve in Congress”.

Later Tuesday, Sarah Groh, chief of staff to Ayanna Pressley, told the Boston Globe that as the Massachusetts congresswoman and her staff hid from the approaching invaders, they discovered that the emergency system in her office had been manipulated without explanation.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out – the whole unit,” she said.

Pressley told the Globe she was “fearful but that fear is not new”.

“Being a Black woman and feeling unsafe is not new.”

“The experiences of Wednesday were harrowing and unfortunately very familiar in the deepest and most ancestral way,” she said.

The congresswomen join a trove of officials pushing for the president and his Republican allies to be held accountable for inciting the attack.

Several have called for the 145 members in the House and Senate who voted to reject the election win of Democrat Joe Biden to resign, including Ocasio-Cortez who excoriated her Republicans in Congress, delivering “a message for anyone who is resigning after Wednesday: too late.”

“Too late”.

“You were a part of it,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Ocasio-Cortez also charged that Josh Hawley of Missouri and Ted Cruz of Texas “do not belong in the United States Senate”, accusing both senators stoking the violence for their own “political ambition”.

With rumored campaigns for president in 2024, the congresswoman gave them “a sneak peek”, insisting they “will never be president and “will never command the respect of this country, never.”

“Never.”

“You should resign,” she said.

“And so should every member of Congress who voted to overturn the results of our election, because they would rather cling to power than respect our democracy.”

end quotes

And there we have it, people, what this sick show being staged by the Democrats is really all about – ABSOLUTE POWER!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-318270
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 20, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Paul Plante says:

And while we are on the subject of these Democrats making it up as they go and making some very serious criminal charges in the process against Republicans without presenting any evidence to back them up, which is precisely what the Democrats and their enablers in the media accuse Trump of doing, let’s go to an NBC News article entitled “AOC says she feared for her life during Capitol riot: ‘I thought I was going to die’ – The Democrat said it’s ‘not an exaggeration’ to say that many members of the House were nearly assassinated” by Yuliya Talmazan on Jan. 13, 2021, where we have more hysteria mongering from a very shrill AOC, to wit:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., says she feared for her life as a violent mob stormed the Capitol building last week.

end quotes

YAWN!

Oh, pardon me, but this is the very same DRAMA QUEEN AOC who was featured six hundred and two (602) days ago now on 29 May 2019 in an SBS article entitled “‘I wake up and review photos of men who want to kill me’: Ocasio-Cortez” by Sarah Malik, to wit:

Like a lot of people, American congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s morning routine consists of getting a morning coffee and scrolling through her social media.

But for Ocasio-Cortez, this daily task often interrupted by routinely reviewing photos of men who want to kill her.

“I’ve had mornings where I wake up & the 1st thing I do w/ my coffee is review photos of the men (it’s always men) who want to kill me,” she wrote on Twitter.

end quotes

Why she reviews photos of men who want to kill her remains a mystery.

So, given that every day of her life there are men out there, always men, who want to kill AOC, I suppose it would logically follow that on 6 January 2021, there would be men who wanted to kill her, as well, just to keep the narrative she’s peddling going.

Getting back to NBC, we have more as follows:

“We were very lucky that things happened within certain minutes that allowed members to escape the House floor unharmed,” she added.

“Many of us merely narrowly escaped death.”

end quotes

Many of us merely narrowly escaped death?

Is that like she was almost very nearly assassinated?:

Which takes us to CNN (Cuomo News Network) and an article entitled “Questions swirl around possible ‘insider’ help for Capitol attack” by Marshall Cohen on January 14, 2021, as follows:

Washington (CNN)One week after the deadly insurrection at the Capitol, there are still more questions than answers on whether any lawmakers or police assisted the pro-Trump rioters.

The idea of an insurrection is unheard of in modern US history, and the possibility that lawmakers or allies inside the Capitol were helping only contributes to the uncertainty and worry about the event and what’s to come.

Alleged ‘reconnaissance’ mission

Rep. Mikie Sherrill, a New Jersey Democrat, made waves Tuesday night when she accused unnamed Republican lawmakers of helping rioters by bringing them into the Capitol one day earlier for a “reconnaissance” mission of sorts.

CNN has not yet verified those allegations.

Sherrill said there were “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol that I saw on January 5th for reconnaissance for the next day.”

CNN has repeatedly asked Sherrill’s office for details about her accusation, but they have not provided any additional information.

end quotes

Now, isn’t that what Trump was always being raked over the coals for by this same media – making claims without providing proof?

So how does she get away with it?

Let’s go back to CNN and see what they have to say about why they are giving her a free pass here:

She is a former Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor, and is seen as a moderate member of the Democratic caucus, and not a firebrand who would make accusations without merit.

end quotes

So, because she is a former Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor, and is seen as a moderate member of the Democratic caucus, her accusations automatically have merit?

Is CNN really trying to tell us that Navy officers never lie, or that a federal prosecutor who is a Democrat wouldn’t lie for Nancy Pelosi?

As to Navy officers lying, how about TAILHOOK, the military scandal and controversy in which United States Navy and U.S. Marine Corps aviation officers were alleged to have sexually assaulted up to 83 women and seven men, or otherwise engaged in “improper and indecent” conduct at the Las Vegas Hilton in Las Vegas, Nevada at the 35th Annual Tailhook Association Symposium from September 5 to 8, 1991?

In response, the United States Congress, led by the Senate Armed Services Committee, directed the US military to investigate the event, verify the allegations, and prosecute the personnel involved.

The resulting Navy inquiries were criticized for failing to adequately investigate what had happened.

Also, it was learned that Secretary of the Navy Henry Garrett had attended the convention, but his involvement had not been disclosed in the Navy’s investigation report.

As a result, the Department of Defense Inspector General’s Office took over the inquiry.

Its investigation led to approximately 40 naval and Marine officers receiving non-judicial punishment, mainly for conduct unbecoming an officer and false official statements.

So there we have a case of Naval officers lying.

And how about the Navy Times story “Decatur CO fired after providing Navy false reports on ship’s position, investigation finds” by Diana Stancy Correll on April 13, 2020?

And then there is the Military.com story entitled “Navy CO Was Fired Over ‘Repeated, Vigorous and Obvious False Statements:’ Investigation” on 7 Oct 2019 by Gina Harkins.

And how can we forget CNN’s own story entitled “Navy officer charged with espionage” by Mariano Castillo, Jim Sciutto and Barbara Starr on April 11, 2016 where we were told Lin was charged with three counts of “false official statement” for failing to report foreign travel and putting false information on documents.

So you are damn right that Navy officers can and do lie like a rug and CNN is a fool for thinking it could pull the wool over our eyes and have us think differently in the case of this Democrat Mikie Sherrill, that because she is a former Navy helicopter pilot, that that would make her somehow “truthful.”

And as to federal prosecutors being liars, as well, let’s go to a Washington Post story entitled “Federal prosecutor in D.C. made ‘misrepresentations’ to judge, is referred for internal investigation, court records say” by Spencer S. Hsu and Keith L. Alexander on July 8, 2019, where we have, to wit:

A federal prosecutor falsely blamed a nonexistent backlog at the D.C. crime lab for delays that contributed to the dismissal of a drug and gun case and the matter has been referred for internal Justice Department investigation, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in the District.

end quotes

And then we have the USA TODAY story “Ex-FBI lawyer to plead guilty to falsifying documents in Russia inquiry; first case brought in DOJ review” by Kevin Johnson and Kristine Phillips on 14 August 2020.

And this doozy from The Seattle Times entitled “Ex-Justice Department lawyer caught in ‘most serious’ internal corruption case in recent memory” from March 8, 2018, to wit:

A former corporate-fraud prosecutor carried out the “most serious” example of public corruption by a U.S. Department of Justice attorney in years by stealing more than 40 whistleblower fraud cases in 2016 and trying to sell the secret information to companies under federal investigation, prosecutors said.

The scheme was an attempt to woo potential clients and increase his earnings and standing in his new role as a defense lawyer for one of Washington’s most influential law firms, according to prosecutors and admissions by Jeffrey Wertkin at his sentencing Wednesday.

After his arrest for one shakedown attempt, Wertkin embarked on an “obstruction binge” at his private law office to destroy additional evidence of his yearlong plot and also tried to frame a former colleague at the Justice Department for the records theft, court files show.

Wertkin’s sentencing hearing revealed a more extensive and calculating crime than previously was made public, showing he stole and copied dozens of files — taking some at night from his boss’s desk at Justice, copying them and returning them re-stapled — and then reached out to targeted companies in four states to try to drum up business for himself.

end quotes

So quit the bull****, CNN, telling us that because Democrat Mikie Sherrill is a former Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor, and is seen as a moderate member of the Democratic caucus, her accusations automatically have merit, even though she cannot back them up with any evidence or facts like Trump is always being accused of doing.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-318430
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 21, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Paul Plante says:

And recapping the play-action for those of you who are just coming to the game late and are wondering what was going on before the Zamboni came out to resurface the ice, so to speak, using a metaphor here to give the discussion some intellectual flair, simply stated, people, we just had a very serious insurrection against the iron-fisted rule of Democrat Nancy Pelosi in the House of Representatives that was reminiscent of the first Catilinarian conspiracy which was a plot to murder the consuls of Rome in 65 BC, Lucius Manlius Torquatus and Lucius Aurelius Cotta, where supposedly, Catiline intended to seize power following an electoral dispute in which the original set of candidates elected to the office were deemed ineligible, where in this case Nancy Pelosi, AOC, Virginia Congresswoman Elaine Luria and all the other Democrats were almost very nearly assassinated by Republican hunter-killer teams who would have treated Nancy Pelosi like Johan de Witt in Holland who was ripped to pieces by a mob and then eaten.

Of course, as these things go, there is another set of scholars who argue the insurrection against Nancy Pelosi was really more similar in character to the second Catilinarian conspiracy, that infamous and dastardly plot devised by the Roman senator Lucius Sergius Catilina (or Catiline), with the help of a group of fellow aristocrats and disaffected veterans of Lucius Cornelius Sulla, to overthrow the consulship of Marcus Tullius Cicero and Gaius Antonius Hybrida.

In any event, people, the forces of Nancy Pelosi were able to beat off the forces of the Republicans trying to stage a coup here, so Nancy and AOC are both safe, thank the good Lord for that because in this, our nation’s hour of crisis, we need them both now more than ever to unite and heal America.

As to AOC, and my goodness, what that poor woman has had to go through, what with looking at pictures of men, always men, who want to kill her every morning with her coffee, and now this, being almost very nearly assassinated by Trump, we have this from the tear-jerking story of the life of AOC, defender of freedom in ELLE entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She Feared She’d Die During Capitol Riot After ‘Very Close Encounter’ – ‘I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive'” by Alyssa Bailey on Jan 13, 2021, to wit:

Ocasio-Cortez also addressed her current health status in the video, saying she still remains traumatized by what happened.

“My body and my brain have been out of work,” she said.

For the two days after the riots, “I just slept a lot more than I usually sleep, and that to me is telling me that my body is going through something and my brain is trying to heal.”

end quotes

Pray for her, people, she needs it, and let us hope that if we all do pray fervently enough, her brain could one day finally heal and she would be able to feel good about herself as a person again, after that harrowing experience of almost very nearly getting assassinated!

As to Joe Biden, he is holed up in Washington, D.C., safely surrounded by some 25,000 military troops who are all loyal to Joe Biden, and tanks and razor wire to keep him safe from the American people, like he was a third-world dictator in a banana republic in South America or Africa, where by imperial decree, he has altered our Constitution to make us into a Socialist Democracy and he has given us a new history to replace our old history in order to unite everyone in America and to heal the nation.

And while we are on the subject of these Democrats making it up as they go and making some very serious criminal charges in the process against Republicans without presenting any evidence to back them up, which is precisely what the Democrats and their enablers in the media were always accusing Trump of doing, let’s go back to the CNN (Cuomo News Network) article entitled “Questions swirl around possible ‘insider’ help for Capitol attack” by Marshall Cohen on January 14, 2021, where we have more hysteria mongering and serious allegations of criminal conduct by Republicans and the Capitol Police from the Democrats, to wit:

More than 70 people have already been charged with federal crimes related to the attack.

Most of the publicly disclosed cases involve people who fought with police officers inside the Capitol, made violent threats against Democrats, or were found near the complex with guns or bombs.

end quotes

Making threats against Democrats in America is not only a seditious (inciting or causing people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch) act, but a serious federal felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority, in this case Nancy Pelosi, with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

Prosecutors haven’t yet accused any of those Trump supporters of coordinating with Republican lawmakers or sympathetic police officers, but the massive investigation is still in its early stages.

“We’re looking at significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy,” Michael Sherwin, the acting US attorney for Washington, DC, told reporters on Tuesday, without specifically saying whether any lawmakers or members of law enforcement were under investigation.

But Sherwin added, “Our office organized a strike force of very senior national security prosecutors and public corruption prosecutors.”

“Their only marching orders from me are to build seditious and conspiracy charges related to the most heinous acts that occurred in the Capitol.”

end quotes

And here we get to the meat of the matter, why it will be necessary for the Democrats to organize their own armed party military wing whose members are sworn to the Democrat party to protect the Democrats from the American people, to wit:

Insider help from police and military

At least two US Capitol Police officers have already been suspended, and at least 10 more are under investigation, for allegedly playing some sort of role in the insurrection, CNN reported.

There was immediate speculation after the attack that some sympathetic police officers may have helped the rioters, given the fact that the raucous and at-times violent crowd seemed to mill about the Capitol complex with little resistance.

One rioter even posed for a selfie with a cop.

end quotes

And let’s stop there for a moment to examine that statement in some detail using logic and reason: if the dude was standing next to a cop while posing for a selfie, then it logically follows that he was not at the same time “rioting,” where rioting in our language, anyway, means the violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd.

If a dude is standing next to a cop taking a selfie, then can he at the same time be engaged in a violent disturbance of the peace?

So how CNN makes him out to be a rioter eludes rationality for the moment, but there is no requirement for CNN to be rational, and so they are not, which brings us back to the story for more as follows:

Democrats ask for investigation on tours

On Wednesday, 31 members of Congress sent a letter to the acting House Sergeant of Arms, acting Senate Sergeant of Arms and Acting Chief of the US Capitol Police asking them to investigate the issue of tours further.

Democratic Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon, one of the co-signers of the letter, confirmed to CNN that she saw groups of tours of people in MAGA apparel one or two days before the attack.

“I had seen what appeared to be tour groups of folks dressed in MAGA attire, in the halls, in the tunnels,” Scanlon told CNN.

“I don’t know exactly what day it was.”

end quotes

She doesn’t know exactly what day it was, which means it could have been last year for all we know, and of course if the Republicans were going to stage a coup against the iron-fisted rule of Nancy Pelosi in the House of Representatives, the most hated woman in America today now that Hillary Clinton isn’t in the spotlight to take that honor, anymore, they would make sure that when they were drilling their paramilitary forces beforehand as to where to go in the Capitol to assassinate Nancy Pelosi and all the Democrats including AOC, who almost very nearly was actually assassinated, and Elaine Luria, as well, they would make sure to have them dressed up in their MAGA uniforms so everybody would know who they were.

What infantile horse****!

Getting back to the source of the horse****:

“It was just surprising to see that happen because since Covid the building’s been shut down.”

“There aren’t supposed to be any tours.”

“So I kind of assumed it must be a new member who didn’t know the rules or something.”

“But, I mean, I can verify that it happened.”

“There were people who were roaming around in the halls, apparently under the guidance of congressional staff.”

Scanlon told CNN she saw a group of 6 to 8 people.

“Many of the Members who signed this letter, including those of us who have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity, as well as various members of our staff, witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5,” the letter states.

It says the tours were “unusual” and “concerning” and were reported to the Sergeant at Arms on January 5.

The letter says the groups “could only have gained access to the Capitol Complex from a Member of Congress or a member of their staff.”

end quotes

And there we have it, people – the Republicans are caught red-handed here!

Look at the stack of evidence against them!

It’s overwhelming!

So what is the solution?

Easy, outlaw the Republican party for treason, sedition, conspiracy and for being just plain mean and ornery, jail all the Republicans who aren’t to be executed, and make America into a one-party rule so that this kind of crap can never happen again.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-318711
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 23, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Paul Plante says:

And instead of speculating in here, and engaging in idle chit-chat about what we think the Democrats might be going to do to Trump so that we do not offend the sensibilities of some of our more sensitive readers like G Anderson and get them all whipped up into a veritable froth and fury such as has already happened to G Anderson above here who is nice, but at the same time the type of person who when given gold would want silver, and when given silver, would want bronze, which is to say the type of person who can never ever be satisfied, let’s cut right to the chase the way the lawyers among us like to do and go straight to Nancy Pelosi’s Resolution impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors, to wit:

Resolved, the Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and that the following article of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:

Article of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, against Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against him for high crimes and misdemeanors.

ARTICLE 1: INCITEMENT OF INSURRECTION

The Constitution provides that the House of Representatives “shall have the sole Power of Impeachment” and that the President “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment, for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Further, section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits any person who has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against” the United States from “hold[ing] and office … under the United States.’

In his conduct while President of the United States — and in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, provide, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed — Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States, in that:

On January 6, 2021, pursuant to the 12th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Vice President of the United States, the House of Representatives, and the Senate met at the United States Capitol for a Joint Session of Congress to count the votes of the Electoral College.

In the months preceding the Joint Session, President Trump repeatedly issued false statements asserting that the Presidential election results were the product of widespread fraud and should not be accepted by the American people or certified by State or Federal officials.

Shortly before the Joint Session commenced, President Trump, addressed a crowd at the Ellipse in Washington, D.C.

There, he reiterated false claims that “we won this election, and we won it by a landslide.”

He also willfully made statements that, in context, encouraged — and foreseeably resulted in — lawless action at the Capitol, such as: “if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Thus incited by President Trump, members of the crowd he had addressed, in an attempt to, among other objectives, interfere with the Joint Session’s solemn constitutional duty to certify the results of the 2020 Presidential election, unlawfully breached and vandalized the Capitol, injured and killed law enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Congress, the Vice President, and Congressional personnel, and engaged in other violent, deadly, destructive and seditious acts.

President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021, followed his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 Presidential election.

Those prior efforts included a phone call on January 2, 2021, during which President Trump urged the secretary of state of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, to “find” enough votes to overturn the Georgia Presidential election results and threatened Secretary Raffensperger if he failed to do so.

In all this, President Trump gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of Government.

He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coequal branch of Government.

He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.

Wherefore, Donald John Trump, by such conduct, has demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law.

Donald John Trump thus warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-319247