A PASSION PLAY NAMED HILLARY CLINTON

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: A PASSION PLAY NAMED HILLARY CLINTON

Post by thelivyjr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 p

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 23, 2016 AT 4:52 PM

Paul Plante says:

I think in all truth you answered questions for many, many people there, Chas Cornweller, as well as expressing some very elemental and existential truths.

Rule No. 1: To improve the world, I must improve myself!

Rule No. 2: There is no need for a Rule No. 2, go back to Rule No. 1 and work on that.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/w ... ent-143451

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 AT 6:57 PM

Paul Plante says:

Like it or not, Trump has the background of a high-stakes businessman with many irons in the fire all at once, requiring attention, and like it or not, as a businessman, Trump has met those challenges as he saw fit at the moment, and if he used bankruptcy as a business tool, who gave him that tool to use?

You got it – Barack Hussein Obama who could have made the tax code read something different, but didn’t.

To a businessman like Trump, and the ONE PERCENT who stuff Hillary Clinton’s pockets with BIG BUCK$, bankruptcy is a tactical and strategic move they can employ for their benefit granted to him and them by the United States government.

If Trump has “stiffed” workers, it is no different from what Democrat Andy Cuomo, said to be Hillary Clinton’s first federal attorney general when she is elected, is doing in New York state, where incidentally, according to the story “Preet Wields Ax” by Chris Bragg and Matthew Hamilton in the September 23, 2016 Albany, New York Times Union, federal prosecutors brought corruption charges against top state government insiders as close to Andy Cuomo as is his skin and business development executives who contribute heavily to Andy Cuomo Thursday scorching Gov. Andy Cuomo’s hallmark upstate economic initiative, with this being the third seismic political scandal in less than two years to rock state government with Andy Cuomo at the helm.

That Andy Cuomo is doing business just the same way Trump is accused of doing business is quite evident from the Albany Times Union story “Work resumes on $35 million SUNY Poly/GE project – $35M chip project with GE had stalled over lack of state payments” by Larry Rulison, published September 9, 2016, where we are informed as follows:

Work has resumed on SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s $35 million silicon carbide chip wafer manufacturing line at its Albany campus on Fuller Road after a long delay in state payments to The Pike Co., the main contractor at the site.

Pike, of Rochester, stopped work on July 26 after failing to be reimbursed by the state for roughly $8 million in work on the project, a joint venture between SUNY Poly and General Electric Co.

end quote

Now, if that had been Trump doing that, delaying payments, oh how the Democrats would howl and scream and weep and wail and gnash their teeth and foam and froth at the mouth with indignity, but since it is their own high-ranking Democrat and future attorney general Andy Cuomo of New York doing it, no problem, it is the way government works, afterall, which is something EVERYBODY knows, so it is no big deal for Andy to do it then.

Trump has no “government” experience, they say, but that is not really so, since Trump has been dealing with government on many levels for many years and as a result, knows far more about it than Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama, for that matter.

So Trump is a wild card, but then, so are they all, including John Fitzgerald Kennedy, who stole the 1960 presidential election away from Dick Nixon.

For the record, I am not for Trump, just as I am not for Hillary Clinton.

To the contrary, I am against them both, and intend to write in Tulsi Gabbard, a woman much more fit to be commander-in-chief than either Trump or Hillary Clinton, who would be a disaster as the person in charge of our military forces now in combat in Syria and Iraqinam and Afghanistnam, for president, and Chris Gibson, a combat veteran with the 82d Airborne, as vice president.

But if faced with a choice between the two, I would be forced to lean more toward Trump as Hillary does not have the mental and emotional stability the person in charge of our military needs to make sound judgments, especially when it was the unsound judgment of Hillary Clinton in 2011 while serving as Obama’s secretary of state that has resulted in our having combat troops now on the ground in harm’s way in Syria, where to date several have already been wounded.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 AT 10:41 PM

Paul Plante says:

Actually, John Read, if you had bothered to really read what I had written, which you clearly did not in your zeal to try to pin a label on me as a “faux-centrist,” you would have noticed that I clearly stated on the record that I am against both Trump and Clinton, both of whom are unfit to be an American president, and that I intend to write in Tulsi Gabbard, a woman much more fit to be commander-in-chief than either Trump or Hillary Clinton, who would be a disaster as the person in charge of our military forces now in combat in Syria and Iraqinam and Afghanistnam, for president, and Chris Gibson, a combat veteran with the 82d Airborne, as vice president.

As to my voting registration I have been registered as an independent since the 1980’s.

That means I don’t belong to the Republicans, and I don’t belong to the Democrats, and I drink the Kool-Aid of neither party, nor do I support either party with my vote.

If you are going to be critical in here, John Read, and yes, it is your God-given right to be as critical as you wish, you really should read what it is you intend to be critical about before being critical, to avoid embarrassing yourself and making yourself look uninformed and foolish in the eyes of the candid world as you just did here by accusing me of something that is wholly untrue, that being that I am for Donald Trump, when that couldn’t be further from the truth.

The most and best I can say for Trump, and it isn’t much, is that when it comes to the two bad choices the two major parties have dished us up from the bottom of the political barrel, Trump is not quite as bad as Hillary Clinton is, with her long record of poor judgment and shallow-thinking that has turned Libya and Syria into failed states, and has created a human tragedy the scale of which hasn’t been witnessed since WWII.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 27, 2016 AT 10:15 AM

Paul Plante says:

And I would like to take a moment here to thank John Read for bringing to the fore in here that ridiculous false argument that circulates in the USA during presidential elections that if you are not for one of the alleged and supposed “major” parties, even though neither party can claim to represent more than a fraction of the American people, then you have to be for the other, so that in this case, if I express incredulity, which is the state of being unable to believe something, that of all the people in the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, a pathological liar with a long, established record of shallow-thinking and very poor judgment, is the best that we can come up with for not only our “leader,” but the “leader” of the supposed “free world,” as well, and God help the free world if Hillary Clinton becomes its leader, in the reasoning of these people like John Read, I have to be a republican and right-winger who is for Donald Trump, and what a narrow and unenlightened view that is.

It is a narrow and unenlightened view in many respects, first of all, because it is not true, but perhaps most significantly in the case of Hillary Clinton, if John Read had ever bothered to really check Hillary Clinton’s record as a U.S. senator from corrupt New York state, John Read would have noted, as I have previously noted in here, that when it comes to appointing federal judges, it is Hillary Clinton who is very much the hard right-winger.

As proof of that statement, all we need do is to consult the Congressional Record Volume 150, Number 7, Wednesday, January 28, 2004, Pages S304-S307, under the heading EXECUTIVE SESSION, NOMINATION OF GARY L. SHARPE TO BE UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE, where we find as follows:

Mrs. CLINTON. Madam President, I rise in very strong support of the nomination of Magistrate Judge Gary Lawrence Sharpe who has been nominated to the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York.

I ask all of my colleagues to support this nomination.

I commend my colleague, Senator Schumer, for the important role he has played on the Judiciary Committee.

I second his comment that in New York we have worked together with the administration to nominate and confirm judges who will be a real credit, not only to the bench but to this administration and to our country.

Magistrate Judge Gary Lawrence Sharpe is at the top of that list.

I think he will not only serve with distinction in New York but demonstrate clearly that this is the kind of conservative Republican nominee whom we could be unanimously confirming.

end quote

Note those words well, people, as John Read falsely accuses me of being a “right-winger” in here – “this is the kind of conservative Republican nominee whom we could be unanimously confirming.”

That is not me saying those words, those words are straight from the mouth of John Read’s political hero, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

So who is the real right-winger here, me or Hillary?

For the record, Hillary’s “conservative Republican nominee” was as far from a liberal as you could get, and when Hillary was speaking those words, George Pataki, a republican, was sitting on the throne of power in New York state and George W. Bush was in the White House, and it was they who Hillary was referring to as the “administration.”

So if Hillary was for conservative Republicans as federal judges back then, which she clearly was according to the Congressional Record Volume 150, Number 7, Wednesday, January 28, 2004, why on earth would she be considered a “liberal” today?

I for one would like to hear an answer to that question.

Perhaps John Read would do us all a favor and explain that for us, so we have something to ponder as we head into the election in November.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:40 p

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 28, 2016 AT 7:03 PM

Paul Plante says:

John Read, thank you for taking seriously my request above that you please tell us how, with her record of poor judgments and shallow-thinking, you see Hillary Clinton as being suited to be U.S. president when Trump isn’t, and thank you especially for giving us an intelligent answer to the query from your perspective, with the well-worded caveat that you, like many, many other people in America, and especially the young people, and with good reason, would have preferred that Bernie Sanders be the candidate, but that you are forced to now back Hillary because the scary team of Trump and his gang of hangers-on including Roger Ailes, Breitbart stooges, and David Duke is the most frightening bunch since the 1968 candidacy of George Wallace and Curtis LeMay.

And it is interesting and informative that you bring us back to 1968 candidacy of George Wallace and Curtis Lemay, which, sadly, is likely far out of people’s extremely short memories today, so they wouldn’t have a clue as to the rich mental imagery you are providing us with in here with that reference.

1968 was an important year in American presidential politics for many reasons, as well as being the year I voluntarily joined the United States Army and began the journey that would take me to Viet Nam and back, teaching me a lot about politics and foreign policy along the way, because when it comes to foreign policy and diplomacy, combat infantrymen like me were the tip of the spear.

Ah, yes, 1968.

1968 was the year in the Democratic presidential primary in New Hampshire where incumbent President Lyndon Johnson did not file, but received write-ins totaling 50% of all Democratic votes cast, which proves the write-in can be a valuable tool in the hands of voters in presidential elections.

In 1968, Senator Eugene McCarthy, who campaigned actively against Johnson’s Vietnam war policies, was on the ballot.

He received an impressive 41% of the vote and gained more delegates than the President, which left Johnson was so stunned that he did not run for reelection.

1968 was also the year of the Chicago riots, which I think it is fair to say, literally stunned a lot of people in other parts of America who could not believe what was going on in Mayor Daley’s City of Chicago, where in 1960, he and Mooney Giancana were able to deliver the city and state for John Fitzgerald Kennedy, who said the words that actually started me on my Viet Nam journey: “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

There began my political awakening as an American citizen, I would say, John Read.

It is with those words in mind that I judge such people as Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton, to be truthful and candid with you.

But it is at the same time much more than just those words from JFK’s very memorable inauguration speech where he also said:

“Now the trumpet summons us again — not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are — but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation” — a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.”

end quote

Think on those words for a moment, John Read, if you will – “a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.”

That was January 20, 1961.

I was alive then, and so was Hillary Clinton, who was born on October 26, 1947, a little more than a year after I was born.

So like me, John Read, Hillary Clinton would have heard JFK utter those same words, and like me, she would have discussed them in school and would have been tasked, like me, in considering how those words applied to her – what part would Hillary Clinton play in the struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself?

We know from her miserable record what the answer to that question is – Hillary Clinton is a cause of tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.

She is not a cure for it, and she never will be.

As I see it from my perspective, Hillary Clinton is far over onto the side of the enemies of man, those being tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself, and WALL $TREET sees her there, as well, as can be seen in this MARKETWATCH article yesterday by Wallace Witkowski and Anora Mahmudova, September 27, 2016, to wit:

U.S. stocks closed higher Tuesday, with the Dow industrials rising more than 100 points after the first presidential debate between Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and Republican contender Donald Trump and a number of stronger-than-expected economic reports.

The advance in stocks suggests that U.S. equity markets are betting that Clinton benefited the most from Monday’s presidential debate.

Stocks are rising on the prospect of a Clinton presidency because the Democrat is viewed as a known quantity while some view Trump as being more unpredictable—a bad thing for stock investors.

“Investors have a better idea about policies of Hillary Clinton, so any sign she is closer to the presidency is a boost for markets,” said Diane Jaffee, senior portfolio manager at TCW.

In another sign suggesting financial markets were betting that Clinton would benefit from the debate, the Mexican peso surged against the dollar on Tuesday.

The peso has been acting as a gauge of the presidential election sentiment on the theory that a victory for Trump will at the very least result in less trade between the two countries, if not the building of a barrier on the U.S. southern border.

end quote

Hillary Clinton is most certainly viewed as a known quantity by WALL $TREET, and with good reason.

In a New York Times article entitled “Where Has Hillary Clinton Been? Ask the Ultrarich” by Amy Chozick and Jonathan Martin, 3 September 2016, we were informed as follows as to where Hillary was recently, before her bout of pneumonia, from which she made one of the most miraculous recoveries in medical history:

At a private fund-raiser Tuesday night at a waterfront Hamptons estate, Hillary Clinton danced alongside Jimmy Buffett, Jon Bon Jovi and Paul McCartney, and joined in a singalong finale to “Hey Jude.”

“I stand between you and the apocalypse,” a confident Mrs. Clinton declared to laughs, exhibiting a flash of self-awareness and humor to a crowd that included Calvin Klein and Harvey Weinstein and for whom the prospect of a Donald J. Trump presidency is dire.

end quote

That article continued by telling us:

Mr. Trump has pointed to Mrs. Clinton’s noticeably scant schedule of campaign events this summer to suggest she has been hiding from the public.

But Mrs. Clinton has been more than accessible to those who reside in some of the country’s most moneyed enclaves and are willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to see her.

In the last two weeks of August, Mrs. Clinton raked in roughly $50 million at 22 fund-raising events, averaging around $150,000 an hour, according to a New York Times tally.

And while Mrs. Clinton has faced criticism for her failure to hold a news conference for months, she has fielded hundreds of questions from the ultrarich in places like the Hamptons, Martha’s Vineyard, Beverly Hills and Silicon Valley.

end quotes

The Hamptons, of course, are where WALL $TREET goes to spend the summer, so it is not surprising to see Hillary Clinton partying it up there with her ultrarich friends who can pay BIG BUCK$ to see her, as at an event in Sagaponack, N.Y., where 10 people paid at least $250,000 to meet her.

As that New York Times article informed us, “If she feels most at ease around millionaires, within the gilded bubble, it is in part because they are some of her most intimate friends.”

As to “investors” having a better idea about the policies of Hillary Clinton, versus those of Trump, according to the New York Times, Clinton, who has promised to “reshuffle the deck” in favor of the middle class and portrayed Mr. Trump as an out-of-touch billionaire, has almost exclusively been fielding the concerns of the wealthiest Americans.

“To businessmen who complain to Mrs. Clinton that President Obama has been unfriendly to their interests, she says she would approach business leaders more like Mr. Clinton did during his administration.”

“When financiers complain about the regulations implemented by the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul, Mrs. Clinton reaffirms her support for strong Wall Street regulation, but adds that she is open to listening to anyone’s ideas and at times notes that she represented the banking industry as a senator.”

end quotes

Hillary Clinton did indeed represent the banking industry while she was a U.S. senator from New York, and in representing the banking industry, Hillary Clinton came down firmly on the side of deregulation and government corruption in New York state as her policy WALL $TREET is familiar with, the fruits of which are young children in Hoosick Falls in Rensselaer County in corrupt New York state who have been poisoned by PFOA in their drinking water.

As a grandfather, I find that deplorable, reprehensible and intolerable.

For that reason, I find Hillary Clinton to be as unfit to be president of the United States of America as is Donald Trump, and in being for Bernie Sanders, John Read, you showed intelligence and good sense.

For that, as a fellow citizen, I commend you.

And I also understand completely when you say you feel forced to back Hillary because the scary team of Trump and his gang of hangers-on including Roger Ailes, Breitbart stooges, and David Duke is the most frightening bunch since the 1968 candidacy of George Wallace and Curtis LeMay.

Actually, I thought George Wallace was a joke, and Curtis Lemay a has-been, who, owing to his unrelenting opposition to the Johnson administration’s Vietnam policy and what was widely perceived as his hostility to Secretary McNamara, was essentially forced into retirement in February 1965.

As history books tell us, for the 1968 presidential election, LeMay originally supported former Republican Vice President Richard Nixon having turned down two requests by former Alabama Governor George Wallace to join his newly formed American Independent Party, that year, on the grounds that a third-party candidacy might hurt Nixon’s chances at the polls.

Did you know, John Read, that George Wallace had served as a sergeant in a unit commanded by LeMay during World War II?

Anyway, LeMay gradually became convinced that Nixon planned to pursue a conciliatory policy with the Soviets and accept nuclear parity rather than retain America’s first-strike supremacy, and he felt that President Lyndon B. Johnson had lied to him on several occasions and that Vice President Hubert Humphrey, if elected, would do the same, so that while being fully aware of Wallace’s segregationist platform, Lemay decided to throw his support to Wallace and eventually became Wallace’s running mate, to find himself attacked in the press as a racial segregationist because he was running with Wallace.

That made him look foolish and small, not scary.

No, the presidential campaign that I think really scared people in America was not Wallace/Lemay 1968, but the Barry Goldwater presidential campaign in 1964.

As I recall, people in America thought that Barry Goldwater was a dangerous lunatic and God help the nation and world if he got his hands on the nuclear launch codes.

Interestingly, Hillary Clinton was a GOLDWATER GIRL in that campaign.

With that said, John Read, I propose that you have an alternative far more rational and intelligent than Hillary Clinton – do as I am going to do and write in Tulsi Gabbard and strike a real blow for freedom.

Tulsi Gabbard represents the future.

Hillary Clinton represents the corrupt status quo.

That makes it a no-brainer as I see it, but then I am not ultra-rich, a WALL $TREETER, pro-government corruption or pro-pollution, so it stands to reason that I would see it that way.

How about you, America?

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 29, 2016 AT 6:33 PM

Paul Plante says

SEPTEMBER 29, 2016 AT 6:33 PM

You are talking of the times before what is called “quantitative easing” by the federal reserve, andy zahn, and “monetization” of the federal debt by the federal reserve which has allowed the total owed by the U.S. government to more than double to $19.5 trillion as of August of this year from $9 trillion shortly before the onset of the Great Recession at the end of 2007, so that the total United States debt we owe debt service on surpassed the size of the U.S. economy in 2012 for the first time since the end of World War Two, according to a calculation by Haver Analytics, which is as a result of Barack Hussein Obama’s commitment to loose monetary policy which has kept the ultrarich in America ultrarich so they can buy up this coming presidential election for Hillary Clinton so she can then continue the Obama agenda here in America.

As to how much funny money the federal reserve has created in just a handful of years, when the Great Recession hit in 2007, the Fed’s balance sheet was approximately $700 billion dollars, and over the course of the recession and recovery, the asset purchases the Fed made through its various quantitative easing programs expanded the balance sheet to over $4.4 trillion at the end of October of 2014.

I suspect that is a lot bigger number than what you were using when you were teaching the old math.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 AT 5:54 PM

Paul Plante says:

It seems, andy zahn, that you, like many other older Americans, are seeking rational explanations for the irrationality, lunacy and insanity that you find yourself now surrounded by here in the United States of America, where for our choices for what is now an imperial president in the mold of Augustus Caesar of Rome, or Rodrigo Lanzol Borgia, as Pope Alexander VI, or empress like Catherine the Great of Russia in the case of Hillary Clinton, we are stuck with a choice, and a damn poor one it is, between a loud-mouthed blowhard with a perpetual bad hair day on the one hand, who if elected will render the United States of America into an environmental and industrial wasteland reminiscent of Giedi Prime under the rule of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, with its bio-resources depleted and its environment fouled with industrial pollution, and on the other, a shallow-thinking, pathological liar with extremely poor judgment but a very high opinion of herself, notwithstanding, each of them put forth by a minority of the population of the United States of America, and both of whom are disliked and reviled by a majority of the American people, and with good reason.

There is no rational explanation for any of that, andy zahn, and it is a waste of time to try and find one.

As was said about WWI, we are living in a time of mass psychoses here in America.

Why that was during the time period of WWI and why it is in this time period we are now immersed in is impossible to say, just as it is impossible to say why a rabies epidemic is going on in the wild at any given time – it just is.

The only cure for rabies in the wild is to let it die out, and in the meantime, stay out of the jaws of an animal foaming at the mouth.

With that said, this morning, what were both “presidential contenders” going on about?

The $20 TRILLION in debt this nation now owes, and what either candidate is going to do about seeing that it is paid off, before the debt service crushes us?

The 5,000 U.S. combat troops commander-in-chief Hussein Obama and his lackey Ash Carter now have in harm’s way in Iraqinam, and how they are going to maintain those troops when they replace the hapless and inept Obama as commander in chief?

The special forces we now have fighting in Syria, and how they are going to get those troops back out?

The $4 BILLION a year we are wasting in Afghanistnam to support a phantom army that cannot fight, along with corruption?

If you thought any of that, of course, you would be dead wrong.

As for Hillary Clinton, she was going on about some overweight beauty queen someplace who Hillary swears is overweight because Donald Trump caused her to have some kind of eating disorder, which in Hillary’s opinion, disqualifies Trump from being president, while Trump and his crowd were yukking it up about Bill Clinton’s sexual prowess and all his conquests of the female set since he has been in public office, although numerous as Bill’s sexual exploits might be, they don’t hold a candle to those of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

That is what the American people want to hear about today from their presidential contenders, andy zahn, overweight beauty queens and Bill Clinton’s sexual exploits.

So that is what they got.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 AT 7:01 PM

Paul Plante says:

And once again, I would like to take a moment to thank John Read for coming in here to raise our consciousness for us, as we head into this 2016 presidential election season.

Reviewing what wisdom John Read has left us with to study and consider, at the top of the list, I have this:

“The question, however, is not so much one of why can’t Hillary Clinton stop lying as it is one of who in America in their right mind wants to have as their leader someone who can’t stop lying.”

end quote

There truly is one of the greatest mysteries of our times, in my estimation – what kind of person wants a liar as their military commander in chief, which is what Hillary Clinton would be if elected president of the United States of America?

Try as I might, I simply cannot figure that out.

How low does one’s self esteem have to be for them to want a liar as their leader?

As the song by Fleetwood Mac goes, it is a mystery to me.

Which thought brings me to this statement left behind by John Read, quite likely with tongue in cheek:

“Hillary is rational, intelligent, well-prepared, and poised and will make an excellent President.”

end quote

People up here where I am who have experience of Hillary Clinton as our U.S. senator from New York readily admit that among her attributes, Hillary Clinton is indeed quite cunning and crafty, but does being cunning and crafty serve to make her intelligent?

There is a serious question for us to consider as we head into the presidential election in November, people.

According to the dictionary, “intelligent” can be defined as:

1. having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend;

2. displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good judgment: or

3. having the faculty of reasoning and understanding.

end quote

That, of course, has people asking themselves, as well they should, when as U.S. secretary of state, Hillary Clinton had Moamar Gaddafi of Libya murdered, setting that nation on the road to being a terrorist-infested failed state, was Hillary Clinton displaying sound thought, or good judgment?

And in considering that question, they in turn ask us to GOOGLE “Images for hillary clinton with mercenaries in Libya,” and they ask us to look at the pictures of Hillary with a goofy smile on her face surrounded by her mercenary gunsels in Libya as they all hold up their hands making the sign of the “Vee,” or something any way.

And they ask us this question: “Does that look like someone having the faculty of reasoning and understanding, or does it look like someone who is a fool?”

As I say, tough questions, people, tough questions, indeed, and it is up to each of us to endeavor to persevere to answer them as best we can.

And when in 2011, Hillary Clinton set off a civil war that still rages to this day in Syria by trying to use terrorists as her mercenary army in that country in a failed bid to militarily despose Bashar Assad, setting Syria on the path of becoming a terrorist-infested failed state, was that the act of someone displaying sound thought, or good judgment?

As I say, tough questions indeed, but let us face it, people, they are far too important to disregard.

Hillary Clinton has led us into a quagmire.

People up this way do not think she has the brains to get us back out.

And that brings us to this conundrum John Read has left us to consider:

Trump should apologize to Obama because of his insulting campaign accusations that Obama is not an American.

end quote

That brings us face-on to the question of exactly what is an American anymore, and how can you tell?

As for Hillary Clinton, here is how she describes Barack Hussein Obama:

“For five years [Trump] has led the birther movement to delegitimize our first black president,” Clinton said in her speech.

end quote

What does that really mean, people, when Hillary Clinton calls Obama not an American, but “our first black president?”

What, pray tell, is a “black president?”

And how does a “black president” get “delegitimized?”

What on earth does it even mean to be “delegitimized?”

And how does a “black president” differ from an American president?

Hillary, of course, never tells us.

John Read, John Read, where are you when your country needs you?

Please come back and help us out here so we too can have some understanding of this, and you will have our eternal gratitude.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/w ... ent-143727

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR OCTOBER 1, 2016 AT 5:10 AM

John Read says:

Yes, but consider the alternative: President Trump.

Enough said.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR OCTOBER 1, 2016 AT 5:40 PM

Paul Plante says:

No, John Read, thankfully, that is not the alternative, at all, and by thinking that way, in such a binary either/or fashion, where you are forcing yourself to be confronted by what you consider the less bad choice of two extremely bad choices, spoiled, infantile children, the both of them, bickering about total inconsequential matters to our future as a nation and our national security, like overweight beauty queens and where Barack Obama might have been born, as if that somehow mattered, or was a weighty matter to be debated by two presidential candidates, as opposed to say, what are either of those two infantile ninnies going to do about the 5,000 U.S. combat troops Obama has been stealthily sticking into IRAQINAM, when he promised the nation no U.S. boots on the ground in IRAQINAM, when either of those two mindless morons become commander-in-chief, God help the nation, you are doing yourself a great disservice as an American citizen.

Seriously, John Read, you come across in here as someone who is rational, intelligent, well-prepared, and poised, so I find myself very surprised and amazed that you don’t see the trap you have placed not only yourself in, but the nation you love and cherish, as well, by this foolish thought that you are limited to voting for either a worthless Republican or an equally worthless Democrat.

That is so yesterday, John Read.

The Republican party and the Democrat party are dying dinosaurs.

Independent thinking is the wave of the future.

And that CRAP about the “two-party” system in America being necessary for our survival as a nation that you have been indoctrinated with is just that, John Read, CRAP!

Liberate yourself, John Read, set yourself free!

Shed the bonds and shackles of partisan politics, John Read, and its eternal bickering, and start using your intelligence in a positive manner.

Ask yourself this simple question, John Read: if the founding fathers in their wisdom had really wanted us to be shackled with a bunch of idiots and bottom-feeders from the Republican or Democrat parties here in America, both of which, by the way, only represent a minority of the American people, and fringes, at that, on both sides, the terminally moronic the political wags up this way say, WHY did they give us the WRITE-IN VOTE?

If they had wanted us to be stuck with nothing but an endless procession of idiots and bottom-feeders from the Republican or Democrat parties here in America, don’t you think they would have assured that fate for the nation by depriving us of the WRITE-IN VOTE?

Do you see what I am saying here, John Read?

The founding fathers had prescient vision, John Read.

They saw these times coming, and so, they gave us the WRITE-IN VOTE as our salvation, and now is the time to use it, John Read.

Strike a blow for freedom, John Read.

Never before has your country needed you so.

This is your time to shine, John Read, to stand up for true American values, to be a beacon of freedom for the masses.

Use the gift of liberty granted to you by the founding fathers, John Read, write in Tulsi Gabbard for president and Chris Gibson for vice-president.

Both of them have served in our military.

Both of them know foreign policy first-hand.

Both know a quagmire when they see one and can be trusted to lead us around one, not straight in to the middle of it as either of these two idiots running for president can be trusted to do with their poor judgment and total lack of any military experience.

There is your choice, John Read, staring you in the face.

The question is, do you have the courage to use it?