Just musings, is all

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: Just musings, is all

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 24, 2019 at 10:40 am

Paul Plante says :

24 SEPTEMBER 2019

TO: Howard Diamond, PhD, Climate Science Program Manager at NOAA’s Air Resources Laboratory

RE: Panic and hysteria caused by the Climate Science Report

Dear Dr. Diamond:

First let me introduce myself as a licensed professional engineer with a graduate degree in engineering who was inducted into Sigma Xi back in 1975, and who subsequently became qualified as an associate level public health engineer in New York state, where a licensed professional engineer is one who performs professional service wherein the safeguarding of life, health and property is concerned, when such service or work requires the application of engineering principles and data, and a public health engineer is a person who applies engineering principles for the detection, evaluation, control and management of those factors in the environment which influence the public’s health.

My reason for contacting you is that we, all the people in the United States of America have a very serious problem confronting us as a people and as a nation, and that problem is the panic and hysteria being caused by the release to our United States Congress of a so-called “scientific document” on climate science which was handed to our Congress, not by an adult, not by a scientist, whatever on earth that word means anymore, where anybody can call themselves a scientist, but by a hysterical 16-year old girl from Sweden who is convinced that the world is going to come to a cataclysmic end by 2030.

Never in my life have I seen something so irresponsible as this blatantly political stunt, and the panic and hysteria now being sown as a result of this very political action in the name of “science” reminds me of the panic sown on October 30, 1938 by Orson Welles who caused a nationwide panic with his broadcast of “War of the Worlds” — a realistic radio dramatization of a Martian invasion of Earth.

This so-called “science” report, Dr. Diamond, is causing panic among the children of America, to the point that many of them feel their lives are over before they have even begun, while we adults are now being accused of stealing the future of these children.

We have the Guardian newspaper promoting this fear and hysteria to sell newspapers, while advocating for civil disobedience and literal rioting.

This is incredible, and we are met with nothing but silence from the so-called “scientific community” responsible for this document while this panic builds and builds, and scared children are no longer going to go to school because they believe, based on this report given to our Congress by Greta Thunberg, they will all be dead in ten years, which is the conclusion they draw from this report, whether or not it actually says that, or implies that, which is why I am reaching out to you as a respected and responsible member of the scientific community so that hopefully, you can use your position in the scientific community to get somebody to come forth and quell this panic and hysteria caused by this climate report.

And let me say here that it is totally irrelevant as to whether I understand the report, or the “science” that is alleged to underlie it.

My goal as an adult, as a grandfather and as a responsible member of our society that is now being split and divided by the climate report which was introduced in the most political and irresponsible manner possible, is to quell this panic and hysteria as soon as possible, and that is why I am reaching out to you.

Regardless of any professional credentials and scientific knowledge I might possess, I do not have a voice here that is going to be heard by Congress, and in any event, since I did not write that report, I have no basis to tell people what it means for the future.

That is for the ones who have caused this panic and hysteria to do.

Only yesterday, we had mass demonstrations and civil disobedience in this nation with scared children being told by Greta Thunberg, who appeared before the United Nations to say as follows:

“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.”

“And yet I’m one of the lucky ones.”

“People are suffering.”

“People are dying.”

“Entire ecosystems are collapsing.”

“We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth.”

“How dare you!

“The popular idea of cutting our emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50% chance of staying below 1.5 degrees [Celsius], and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control.”

“Fifty percent may be acceptable to you.”

“But those numbers do not include tipping points, most feedback loops, additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution or the aspects of equity and climate justice.”

“They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tons of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist.”

“So a 50% risk is simply not acceptable to us — we who have to live with the consequences.”

“To have a 67% chance of staying below a 1.5 degrees global temperature rise – the best odds given by the [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] – the world had 420 gigatons of CO2 left to emit back on Jan. 1st, 2018.”

“Today that figure is already down to less than 350 gigatons.”

“How dare you pretend that this can be solved with just ‘business as usual’ and some technical solutions?”

“With today’s emissions levels, that remaining CO2 budget will be entirely gone within less than 8 1/2 years.”

“You are failing us.”

“But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal.”

“The eyes of all future generations are upon you.”

“And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.”

“We will not let you get away with this.”

end quotes

In a USA TODAY article on the panic and hysteria set off by this climate report entitled “Climate strike: Students protest in San Francisco, Chicago, New York” by Doug Stanglin, Grace Hauck and Janet Wilson on 21 September 2019, we had this, to wit:

“Basically our Earth is dying and if we don’t do something about it, we die,” said A.J. Conermann, a 15-year-old sophomore.

“I want to grow up.”

“I want to have a future.”

end quotes

Now, regardless of what anybody thinks that climate report says, this is how the children of America and the world are interpreting it, so that somebody in a position of professional responsibility for that report now needs to come forward to tell these children that yes, your lives are going to be over because the greedy adults have stolen your future, or “you are over-reacting.”

Thanking you in advance for anything you might be able to do to quell this panic and hysteria caused by that document, I remain

Yours, Paul R. Plante, P.E.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-180647
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 26, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Paul Plante says:

And here, today, based on what has happened in the last 24 hours, where some dude named Seth Borenstein, a self-professed “science writer” for the ASSOCIATED PRESS, read BULL**** ARTIST PEDDLING HORSE**** SCIENCE, published a sensationalist DOOM-AND GLOOM pulp fiction sci fi article entitled ‘We’re all in big trouble’: Climate panel sees a dire future” (SHUDDER, SHUDDER, BE VERY SCARED AND HOPE SETH CAN SAVE US) which sensationalist story, reminiscent of the headlines surrounding the famous science hoax, the Piltdown Man, in this case, is based on the hysterical ravings of some French woman nobody has ever heard of before named Valérie Masson-Delmotte, someone that Borenstein came up with in his travels, or perhaps created out of whole cloth like Lt. Kije, with her being over in France, of course, so that we Americans interested and knowledgeable about “climate science” have no access to her to question the HORSE**** she is quoted as spewing by Seth Borenstein in his sensationalist article, to wit: “Climate change is already irreversible; due to the heat uptake in the ocean, we can’t go back,” I think we all owe a sincere debt of gratitude to Wayne Creed and the Cape Charles Mirror, both of whom should be awarded “The Right Livelihood Award” or an “Alternative Nobel Prize” for having the courage to step up to the plate and provide a forum for those of us here in America who have been totally excluded from the private Borenstein drama going on over in France which has resulted in that hysterical woman over in France none of us have ever heard of from before becoming the centerpiece of this Borenstein pulp fiction sci fi novelette where Borenstein spins the silly and quite stupid, read, ignorant narrative that “The oceans absorb more than 90% of the excess heat from carbon pollution in the air, as well as much of the carbon dioxide itself” to address that horse**** in a public forum other than the Borenstein spin machine where we dissenters are denied entry.

I’m clueless myself as to what “carbon pollution in the air” is, and being as how Borenstein is telling the frightened children of America that the oceans, our oceans right here on earth which have been the subject of a fantastic National Geographic special on the oceans my little grand daughter loves to watch, absorb more than 90% of the excess heat from that carbon pollution in the air, so I would like to invite Seth Borenstein, the AP SCIENCE WRITER, to come in here and explain to us just exactly what that means in scientific terms we Americans can understand, since we are being told that we in the country now have to sacrifice greatly to save the French from the error of their own ways, heating up their water as they have done, so that it is now heating the oceans, which in turn is killing the coral and fish species and whales, and is causing the ocean to emit CARBON DIOXIDE to the atmosphere as the ocean heats up, thanks to thermal waste from France, which is causing these high CO2 levels we are now seeing, just as science predicted would happen if everyone started using the waters of the earth connected to the ocean as a giant heat sink, a place to send waste heat in the form of thermal energy, which is responsible for the changing climate, as predicted by science.

And bring the hysterical French lady, as well, Seth!

We would love to hear more from her, as well as to have the opportunity to cross-examine her and her evidence before we responsible Americans allow her horse**** from France to come into the minds of children in America to scare them and make them stupid.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-181408
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 27, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Paul Plante says:

SCREECH SCREECH SCREECH

MOMMY, I DON’T WANT THE CLIMATE TO CHANGE!

WAH WAH WAH

MAKE IT STOP, MOMMY!

I DON’T WANT IT TO GET COLD!

I WANT IT TO STAY WARM AND BALMY FOREVER LIKE IT IS IN NEVER-NEVER LAND!

AccuWeather

“October to usher in plunging temperatures, frosty episodes in northeastern US”

Alex Sosnowski

27 SEPTEMBER 2019

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-181770
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 29, 2019 at 6:50 pm

A CAPE CHARLES MIRROR EXCLUSIVE

“When Greta Thunberg met Paul Plante: Two voices on the climate speak for the first time”

GRETA: My message is that we’ll be watching you.

PLANTE: HUH?

Watching me do what?

And who exactly is it that is going to be watching me?

What is this all about, anyway?

Who are you?

GRETA: This is all wrong.

PLANTE: What’s all wrong?

What on earth are you talking about?

GRETA: I shouldn’t be up here.

PLANTE: Uh, okay, and who am I to disagree with you, especially when you seem to have your own ideas as to what is best for you to do.

GRETA: I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean.

PLANTE: (getting more and more confused and perplexed by what this little girl is saying while scratching his head, searching for a proper reply to that assertion) Uh, okay.

GRETA: Yet you all come to us young people for hope.

Who is the “you all” you are talking about there that comes to you young people for hope?

What’s that all about?

GRETA: How dare you!

How dare me?

How dare me what?

What on earth are you talking about?

GRETA: You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.

PLANTE: Now, young lady, I have no idea where you have gotten that idea from, that I have in some way stolen your dreams and your childhood, but let me tell you right now that you are dead wrong.

I have no idea whatsoever as to what dreams of yours might have been stolen, but let me assure you that as a grandfather, I do not go around stealing the dreams of little girls like yourself, nor do I steal their childhoods.

To the contrary, I do everything I can to enhance their childhoods by keeping them healthy, so they can have dreams.

So if somebody has stolen your dreams and your childhood, let me take pains here and now to assure you that it was not me.

GRETA: And yet I’m one of the lucky ones.

PLANTE: Okay.

GRETA: People are suffering.

PLANTE: People have always been suffering – that seems to be a part of life.

Look at me, an old man crippled up by war wounds from a long time past, and I am suffering chronic pain, and yet, I do not let it trouble me overmuch, as that is mind-crippling to do so, and I do that by remaining positive and having hope for tomarrow based on right actions today, such as not eating the seed corn and not crapping in your own nest.

You know, waste not, want not?

Haven’t you ever heard that before?

GRETA: People are dying.

PLANTE: Uh, okay.

But isn’t that what people do in life?

Not to be flip about it, but people have been dying since I was young, and I am a lot older than you are, and they were dying in droves before that, by the millions going back in time as far as I can go.

So dying seems to be a part of living, does it not?

Or do you think that somehow, people can be immortal and live forever?

GRETA: Entire ecosystems are collapsing.

PLANTE: They are?

Where is that happening?

GRETA: We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth.

PLANTE: Whoa!

Now you have really lost me.

What is this mass extinction actually going to be of?

Everybody and everything?

Are you talking about a mass extinction such as occurred during the earth’s Miocene Epoch, when kelp forests appeared for the first time, as did sea otters and other critters unique to those environments, while such ocean-going mammals as the Desmostylia went extinct, and grasslands first appeared, and mammals and birds in particular developed new forms, whether as fast-running herbivores, large predatory mammals and birds, or small quick birds and rodents?

Or perhaps you are referring to the Pleistocene Epoch, whose biotas were extremely close to modern ones with many genera and even species of Pleistocene conifers, mosses, flowering plants, insects, mollusks, birds, mammals, and others surviving to this day, and yet, the Pleistocene was also characterized by the presence of distinctive large land mammals and birds to include mammoths and their cousins the mastodons, longhorned bison, saber-toothed cats, giant ground sloths, and many other large mammals that characterized Pleistocene habitats in North America, Asia, and Europe where native horses and camels galloped across the plains of North America and great teratorn birds with 25-foot wingspans stalked prey and then around the end of the Pleistocene, all these creatures went extinct?

Is that the mass extinction you are talking about?

Or a different one?

I’m confused …

GRETA: How dare you!

PLANTE: Whoa, young lady, no offense intended, I was just trying to find out what mass extinction you were talking about, but if it offends or upsets you, we don’t have to talk about it now.

GRETA: For more than 30 years, the science has been crystal clear.

I’m on.

Which science?

And what has it been clear about?

That there was a mass extinction at the end of the Pleistocene?

I think in reality it has been clear about that for over a hundred years now, to be truthful.

GRETA: How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you’re doing enough, when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.

PLANTE: Look away?

Look away from what?

I really would like to help you here, little girl, but this conversation is really turning weird!

GRETA: You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency.

PLANTE: Are you perhaps confusing me for somebody else?

What is it that I am supposed to understand the urgency of?

That the climate is changing and winter is coming?

That it is time to make sure that you have enough firewood to get through the next five or six months until hopefully, the warmth comes back again?

That its time to harvest the potatoes so we have something to eat besides roots and berries during the winter freeze?

Believe me, little girl, having lived in a harsh climate for many years now, and having been through blizzards and ice storms and cold down to 30 below the Fahrenheit zero, and having felt what is like to live in an old farmhouse with no automatic central heat, where you spend the winters huddled in a little ball under a down quilt freezing and hoping you will live to see another morning and that some day the cold and clouds would depart and the sun would shine again, I do understand the urgency, very well.

GRETA: But no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that.

GRETA: Because if you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act, then you would be evil.

PLANTE: No, young lady, if I failed to act, I wouldn’t be evil; I would be found frozen stiff after having starved to death, which would be stupid on my part, not evil.

GRETA: And that I refuse to believe.

PLANTE: Be my guest.

GRETA: The popular idea of cutting our emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50% chance of staying below 1.5 degrees [Celsius], and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control.

But if we are setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control, exactly what is it you expect us to do to stop them?

How do humans control something humans have no control over?

Something in the math is eluding me there.

GRETA: Fifty percent may be acceptable to you.

PLANTE: Fifty percent of what?

And where have you ever heard me say that I was in favor of fifty percent of something?

Do you mean that old sage advice I give out that half a loaf is better than nothing when you are poor and starving?

GRETA: But those numbers do not include tipping points, most feedback loops, additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution or the aspects of equity and climate justice.

PLANTE: Which numbers?

Look, I’d really like to help you if I could, but this conversation is becoming totally incomprehensible to me, because you talk about things without ever saying what those things you are talking about really are.

What tipping points?

What feedback loops?

When you talk about “additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution,” exactly what is it that you are talking about there?

Can you be more explicit?

And aspects of equity and climate justice?

What on earth is climate justice?

That is a term I have never heard before in my life.

How is that going to be achieved?

And by whom?

I’m curious about that, because I was born poor and now I am old and still poor, and in all that time, I have ever seen the climate give a damn, pardon the language, about being just to anyone, or at least not the poor folks like me.

As far as the climate is concerned when it comes to poor folks is that we are very much on our own, and if we fail to survive, the climate keeps on keeping on because it flat doesn’t care if we live or die – that is solely up to us.

GRETA: They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tons of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist.

PLANTE: My CO2?

What about your CO2?

GRETA: So a 50% risk is simply not acceptable to us — we who have to live with the consequences.

PLANTE: We who have to live with the consequences?

Consequences of our actions?

Isn’t that all of us?

Or are some somehow exempt?

GRETA: To have a 67% chance of staying below a 1.5 degrees global temperature rise – the best odds given by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – the world had 420 gigatons of CO2 left to emit back on Jan. 1st, 2018.

PLANTE: Why?

GRETA: Today that figure is already down to less than 350 gigatons.

PLANTE: Okay, but here I have to simply take your word for what you are saying, because I frankly am lost here.

The math is making my head spin around.

GRETA: How dare you pretend that this can be solved with just ‘business as usual’ and some technical solutions?

PLANTE: So we are back to the “how dares you,” are we?

And what is it you think that I am pretending about?

What on earth is it that you are trying to solve, anyway?

GRETA: With today’s emissions levels, that remaining CO2 budget will be entirely gone within less than 8 1/2 years.

What then?

GRETA: There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today, because these numbers are too uncomfortable.

PLANTE: (very confused now) Look, I don’t know what you are talking about, or why you have picked me out to blame for whatever your problems really are, but you are getting angry here and you are scaring me.

GRETA: And you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is.

PLANTE: We are rapidly spinning off into outer space here, young lady, with these wild accusations of yours.

GRETA: You are failing us.

PLANTE: Uh, okay, have it your way, because I can see clearly that you are not going to have it be any other way, so there we are.

I have failed you.

At what?

GRETA: But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal.

PLANTE: My betrayal?

Seriously, young lady, you are truly becoming irrational and hysterical here, because I have betrayed no one.

GRETA: The eyes of all future generations are upon you.

PLANTE: Okay, I have no problems with that.

GRETA: And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.

PLANTE: Why do you think I would choose to fail you when I do not even know who you are?

Where on earth are you getting these wild and frankly paranoid ideas from?

Do you think I owe you something?

GRETA: We will not let you get away with this.

GRETA: Right here, right now is where we draw the line.

PLANTE: Sounds fine with me – do you need a pencil, or maybe a sharpened stick to draw your line with?

GRETA: The world is waking up.

PLANTE: And wouldn’t that finally be fine if they did, young lady!

Would be past time, would it not?

GRETA: And change is coming, whether you like it or not.

PLANTE: Young lady, I’m over 70 now, and you know what?

Change has been coming every day of my life, and if I live to be a hundred, it will still keep coming and in all that time, change has never bothered to ask me my opinion about it, probably because the poor folks like me never really get to have an opinion, now do we?

AND WITH THAT, THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW ENDS!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/w ... ent-182370
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 1, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Paul Plante says :

As to the “SONIA SOTOMAYOR SLIGHT,” which indeed is very relevant to this discussion where science by fiat is being inflicted on us, it starts right here, to wit:

“DEVELOPERS SEE A ZEALOT IN NEW COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER”

By Laurie Anderson, Albany, New York Times Union

10 JANUARY 1988

Some developers have complained that Plante’s attention to detail has gotten out of control.

Plante is the focus of a political controversy fueled by the Democratic majority in the county legislature, including chairman Joseph Manupella, who said he’s concerned many developers may not be getting a fair shake and may start looking outside the county.

Plante contended that, unlike some of his predecessors, he knows the regulations well and will not bend the state health laws.

He contended some developers are upset because they are no longer “free and loose” to do what they want in Rensselaer County.

“There was a game that was played out here too long,” he said, adding too many county residents already have problems with cracked foundations, raw sewage runoff and tainted water.

Plante is involved in several fierce feuds with developers, the most public of which involves Anderson, who is attempting to rally the county legislature, Buono, and the state Health Department to make Plante more compliant.

end quotes

Read the word “compliant” to mean they wanted a whore who would take bribes and look the other way, and to not question the bogus science they were basing their development plans on.

When it became clear that I wasn’t going to be a whore, I was crushed instead, and when I appealed to the courts for relief, Sonia Sotomayor told me to my face to “**** off, A-HOLE,” which is what tokenny refers to as a “slight.”

Thanks to Sonia Sotomayor, we now are buried in FRAUD that passes for science.

tokenny is cool with that; I’m not.

That is why I think Sotomayor should be impeached and removed from the bench because a federal judge who upholds fraud and corruption is worthless to a free people.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-183113
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 5, 2019 at 10:41 pm

Paul Plante says :

Sorin, I think just about everybody in America is sick and tired of hearing over and over and over about climate change, as if we could actually all get together and stop it, or change it, or even affect it.

The earth’s climate changes, period.

CO2 levels go up and down in natural cycles.

And what has happened is that it has become very politicized, which is what really gets people angry, as we see from this CNN article entitled “Greta Thunberg, 16-year-old climate activist, tells Congress to listen to the scientists and take real action” by Leah Asmelash on 18 September 2019, to wit:

Greta Thunberg has had a busy week.

On Wednesday, the Swedish 16-year-old climate activist appeared in front of Congress before a hearing on climate change, just days after she met with former President Barack Obama.

Thunberg, though, told Congress she didn’t have any prepared remarks.

Instead, she said she was attaching her testimony — the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s special report on global warming, which reported a temperature increase of 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

“I am submitting this report as my testimony because I don’t want you to listen to me, I want you to listen to the scientists,” she said.

“And I want you to unite behind the science.”

“And then I want you to take real action.”

end quotes

And there is where it all goes south in a hurry, Sorin.

You say you are a fan of science, education, common sense and people seeing beyond their own immediate needs, and you know what, so are MILLIONS of other people here in America, including myself, and by the way, thanks for standing up to the Commies, that is appreciated as they’re a bad lot any way you look at it.

Which brings us to the present moment, because we do not have the “science” to prove anything, other than the earth has a variable climate, which we already knew.

Consider the NOAA educational paper entitled “Mid-Holocene Warm Period – About 6,000 Years Ago” which informs the school children of America as follows:

Paleoclimatologists have long suspected that the “middle Holocene,” a period roughly from 7,000 to 5,000 years ago, was warmer than the present day.

Terms like the Altithermal or Hypsithermal or Climatic Optimum have all been used to refer to this warm period that marked the middle of the current interglacial period.

Today, however, we know that these terms are obsolete and that the truth of the Holocene is more complicated than originally believed.

What is most remarkable about the mid-Holocene is that we now have a good understanding of both the global patterns of temperature change during that period and what caused them.

It appears clear that changes in Earth’s orbit have operated slowly over thousands and millions of years to change the amount of solar radiation reaching each latitudinal band of Earth during each month.

These orbital changes can be easily calculated and predict that the Northern Hemisphere should have been warmer than today during the mid-Holocene in the summer and colder in the winter.

The combination of warmer summers and colder winters is apparent for some regions in the proxy records and model simulations.

There are some important exceptions to this pattern, however, including colder summers in the monsoon regions of Africa and Asia due to stronger monsoons with associated increased cloud cover during the mid-Holocene, and warmer winters at high latitudes due to reduction of winter sea ice cover caused by more summer melting.

In summary, the mid-Holocene, roughly 6,000 years ago, was generally warmer than today during summer in the Northern Hemisphere.

end quotes

You see what is happening here, Sorin?

In one breath, we are told how the earth really works, and then, in another breath, everything in history has been caused by CO2, which is balderdash.

So between little Greta and AOC and the Democrats and the IPPC crowd, who are political, the term “science” has been rendered a term of contempt.

Is that good for our society, do you think?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-184129
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Paul Plante says :

Sorin, the conservatives know no more about what CO2 is doing to us or to anything than do the liberals, the independents, the Buddhists, the Jains, the congressional Democrats and all the climate scientists in the world.

Don’t be suckered into believing anyone can control the cycles of the earth, or tell you what an atmospheric phenomenon like CO2 at 410 PPM means to life on earth in the future.

They, like me, and you and Wayne Creed and all the rest can only ponder and surmise.

MEMO TO TOP-RANKING UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT SCIENTIST:

Dr. Diamond, let me first assure you that I am considering carefully every word you have written, and I take them and you quite seriously, just as I do my standing as an engineer with a duty to society to separate fact from fill so as to avoid hysteria.

And by hysteria, I mean young Greta Thunberg publicly saying “I mean, we are striking to disrupt the system,” and “(Y)oung people must hold older generations accountable for the mess they have created,” and that is bomb-throwing, not science and not an attempt at dialogue.

That sounds very much like what you would expect to hear from one of Mao’s Red Guards, or a member of the Hitler Youth.

And I grew up in the countryside in a cold place with greenhouses, and Dr. Diamond, they had to be heated in the winter from inside, lest everything freeze.

Yours, Paul Plante

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-184099
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 5, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Paul Plante says :

Publius Americanus, Sorin, was the set of dudes who wrote what are now called collectively “THE FEDERALIST PAPERS,” originally a set of political essays addressed specifically to the People of the State of New York wherein was explained to us in minute detail what the federal government in this country, the United States of America, and not some Commie country in Europe, or crowd of groveling forelock-tuggers bowing and scraping to nobility like the socialist Swedes, was to be, and more importantly, was not to be, and why that all was to be, giving us the history leading up to the moment of those essays and thus, their purpose, which was to educate, and what the states were to be, and what they were not to be, and what the president was supposed to be, and not, along with the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the federal courts so when somebody down the road, some seedy party apparatchik came along and tried to hand us some BULL****, we AMERICANS would know the difference, and we would then keep the BALANCE by standing up to whichever corner of the federal government the BULL**** was coming from.

And there is where we Americans are today – faced with a torrent of BULL**** in the name of “science” from people in Europe we do not know and are being denied the right to question.

As Publius Americanus (“America’s watchdog, in the sense of Cuculain in Ireland) makes incandescently clear, to an American, that imposition of foreign “science” on us by FIAT is the definition of TYRANNY, and by allowing that foreign “science” to come into this country without question or challenge at the federal congressional level so that without challenge by We, the American people in a hearing where we have the right to question as witnesses the top scientists who produced this IPP report, this foreign report is now the official basis and thus, only allowable basis, which in turn affects our national public policy dialogue here in the United States of America where it is we who are the citizens, not the scientists over there in France trying to impose this report on us as a sort of rule of law, just as it is doing in here with yourself and the venerable and indomitable and most often just dead wrong but feisty about it nonetheless tokenny treating the IPP report as the word of an infallible oracle or even God him or herself, while we Americans treat it as the science-defying hogwash that it is, which unchallenged hogwash is already having an impact on our 2020 presidential election by this foreign interference which forms a plank of the Democrat presidential platform, and thus, it impacts directly on our economic future as a people and as a nation, which is despotism, plain and simple, and the only newspaper worthy of the name that has the guts to stand up and put out a public challenge to this foreign scientific bull**** that defies reason and requires suspension of disbelief to believe is the Cape Charles Mirror, for which it should be awarded an ALTERNATE NOBEL PRIZE, and I would like you Sorin, to use whatever considerable influence you have with the Cape Charles Town Board and Congresswoman Luria to get that ball rolling, pronto.

And thank you from a grateful nation for that, and welcome to America where we don’t suck eggs because some French scientist told us we had to!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-184099
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 6, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Paul Plante says :

So, people, recapping here, IF the aim of science is to build true and accurate knowledge about how the world works, do we, the American people have that “true and accurate knowledge” in the IPPC report young Swedish citizen Greta Thunberg presented to our United States Congress on 18 September 2019 when the 16-year-old climate activist appeared in front of Congress before a hearing on climate change, just days after she met with former Democrat President Barack Obama to discuss Democrat political strategy leading up to the 2020 presidential elections here in America that Obama is trying to influence using little Greta as a political tool, where Greta told Congress, even though she is not an American citizen, that she didn’t have any prepared remarks but instead, she was attaching as her testimony (where and how she got the right as a foreign citizen to have an audience before our Congress on the subject of climate change remains unclear as of this moment, but it is a sure thing that somewhere, money changed hands to secure the privilege) the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s special report on global warming, which reported a temperature increase of 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

“I am submitting this report as my testimony because I don’t want you to listen to me, I want you to listen to the scientists,” she said.

“And I want you to unite behind the science.”

“And then I want you to take real action.”

end quotes

“Unite behind the science!”

My, but that has a nice ring to it, does it not?

And how patriotic it sounds.

But seriously, people, what “science” is it that we are supposed to be uniting behind, given that the aim of science is to build true and accurate knowledge about how the world works and science itself is the study of the nature and behaviour of natural things and the knowledge that we obtain about them?

And what real action is this 16-year old Swedish citizen demanding of our Congress, as if she were their queen, and they were her jarls and thegns?

Consider for the moment the MARKETWATCH article “Students around the world skip class to organize climate change protests” by Associated Press published Mar. 15, 2019, to wit:

In 2015, world leaders agreed in Paris to a goal of keeping the Earth’s global temperature rise by the end of the century well below 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit).

end quotes

Can anyone possibly be missing the implications of what is being stated there, which is as follows:

In 2015, world leaders agreed in Paris that they now collectively have the power over the earth and its weather to keep the Earth’s global temperature rise by the end of the century, which is some eighty (80) years in the future, well below 2 degrees Celsius or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

Can you imagine it, people?

Are these world leaders who can now control the temperature of the earth 80 years into the future great shamans?

Are they wizards?

Certainly whatever they are, with that claim, they are claiming supernatural powers which are kind of scary, when you think about it, world leaders of uncertain mental capacity having such control over our lives as they would if they could truly control earth’s weather 80 years out into the future.

What a tool for extortion that would be, would it not?

If the people of America will not come to heel and lick the boots of its masters over in Paris, they are going to turn off our weather, and what a lesson that will teach us, alright, and let us face it, that is what we deserve for being independent as opposed to a member of the one-world government.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-184329
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 7, 2019 at 6:18 pm

Paul Plante says :

Pube, dude, let me first say that I appreciate all the effort you dudes put into the Federalist Papers, but you know what?

It was all in vain, because what you said we were supposed to have, we don’t, and everything you said we wouldn’t have is what we do have, which is why we are having a serious conversation in here about CNN (the Cuomo News Network) and the field of Democratic Candidates proving once again that we are indeed living in clown world.

We weren’t supposed to have clown world according to the Federalist Papers, and here we find ourselves surrounded on all sides by it, as was evidenced by the fact that on CNN, for seven interminable hours, the brainy individuals who comprise the Democrats presidential contenders (Pray for the nation, people) engaged in a forum discussing climate change and the coming end of the world with the big takeaways being to stop eating meat and we all must drive electric cars.

And that takes us to totalitarianism, which label I don’t think can be rightfully pinned on Sorin, who has actually experienced Communism and socialism to the point that he like us would rather be free.

For a glimpse at the direction totalitarianism is going to come from, as if we did not already know, we need go no further than a PRESS RELEASE from the Democrat governor of Pennsylvania entitled “Governor Wolf Takes Executive Action to Combat Climate Change, Carbon Emissions” on October 03, 2019, as follows:

Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today took executive action instructing the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a market-based collaboration among nine Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change while generating economic growth.

“Climate change is the most critical environmental threat confronting the world, and power generation is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions,” said Governor Wolf.

“Given the urgency of the climate crisis facing Pennsylvania and the entire planet, the commonwealth must continue to take concrete, economically sound and immediate steps to reduce emissions.”

“Joining RGGI will give us that opportunity to better protect the health and safety of our citizens.”

end quotes

Are executive orders a form of tyranny here in the United State of America as in this case where the Democrat governor of Pennsylvania appears to be setting himself up as a dictator?

The Democrat press release then continues as follows:

“This initiative represents a unique opportunity for Pennsylvania to become a leader in combatting climate change and grow our economy by partnering with neighboring states,” said Patrick McDonnell, secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection.

Pennsylvania exports nearly a third of the electricity it produces, and the cost of RGGI compliance for exported electricity will be paid by electric customers in the states where that electricity is ultimately used.

end quotes

Or is it more a case of where Pennsylvania is using this climate change hysteria being generated by AOC and little Greta to gouge people and make some extra money off the suckers?

And then we get over to the professional shuck-and-jive that you would expect from a Democrat politician, to wit:

“The conversation we’ve begun over the past year needs to continue if we are going to craft regulations that fit Pennsylvania’s unique energy mix, while making sure that the transition to a cleaner energy mix doesn’t leave behind workers and communities our state has relied on for decades to produce its power,” said Gov. Wolf.

end quotes

And that conversation, which is really going on in here, is going to be strung out and milked for political benefits for the Democrats as long as they can, because it is a good issue that they can use to gain the political power they need in order to be able to tap the federal treasury for trillions of dollars that will keep them in power forever.

And then we get to the politics of it all, to wit:

“And it will take buy in from the legislature to ensure we’re protecting Pennsylvanians from the increasing effects of the climate crisis.”

end quotes

Ah, yes, the “climate crisis,” but what exactly is it?

The long answer as well as the short answer is NOBODY KNOWS, and the use of the term “climate crisis” is alarmism and sensationalism for partisan political gain.

To talk about ice melting at an alarming rate is sensationalism and alarmism because nobody living on earth right now, and this includes all the climate scientists, and AOC and little Greta with her huge cloud of toxic CO2 following her around on her “LITTLE GRETA IS JUST THE GREATEST” world tour, and all the Democrats and all the king’s horses and all the king’s men, know what the ice is supposed to be doing, given that Antarctica used to be ice-free until about 34 million years ago, so why couldn’t the earth on its own make it ice-free again today?

Because it will discommode some humans who wanted to own the ocean beaches and keep them all for themselves?

As to what the scientists actually do know, we know that the earth is currently in an interglacial, and the last glacial period ended about 10,000 years ago, so that all that remains of the continental ice sheets are the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets and smaller glaciers such as on Baffin Island, and those are still melting because in an interglacial, that is precisely what they do – they melt.

And Democrat Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania is going to use his executive powers as governor of Pennsylvania to make those melting glaciers stop melting, because it is upsetting Greta Thunberg, the little princess from socialist Sweden who wants us all to panic so we can know what it is like for her to be afraid of the natural processes of the earth we all live on, although Greta and Tom Wolf seem to think it is theirs instead, so they can dictate terms to us we have to live by, without a whimper of protest on our part, and that is totalitarianism.

Getting back to the Wolf Press Release:

The scientific consensus is the planet is experiencing climate change in real time, and the impacts are felt everywhere.

end quotes

Which is a total horse**** statement equivalent to gibberish because the only time climate change can occur in is real time, there is no other time that it can occur in, and since we have known for over a hundred years that the planet is experiencing climate change in real time, of course that is the scientific consensus, because it can’t be otherwise, or the scientists would look pretty stupid trying to argue against school kids who know better that the earth’s climate is stuck frozen in one place, never to change again, which is what Democrats like this Tom Wolf want us to believe, that they have the power to literally stop time itself and make the climate on earth be just right for everybody, as it should be in a democracy, if only we would give them the political power and money to accomplish that goal.

As to how long Pennsylvania has known that the planet was experiencing climate change in real time, we have as follows from the Wolf Press Release, to wit:

In 2015, the Pennsylvania Climate Impacts Assessment Update found that Pennsylvania has undergone a long-term warming over the prior 110 years, and that current warming trends are expected to increase at an accelerated rate with average temperatures projected to increase an additional 5.4 degrees by 2050.

Average annual precipitation has also increased by approximately 10 percent over the past 100 years and, by 2050, is expected to increase by an additional 8 percent.

end quotes

And that of course is a continuation of the melting trend that began some 10,000 years ago, and for all we know right now, will continue far into our future until it swings back the other way and the earth again experiences another ice age, which brings us back to the Wolf Press Release one more time as follows, to wit:

Last year was the wettest year on record in the commonwealth, and these increases in rainfall resulted in extreme weather events and flooding throughout the state costing residents an estimated $144 million in reported damages, and at least $125 million in state-maintained road and bridges damage throughout the state

“We are seeing the immediate and devastating impact of climate change right here in Pennsylvania, with more intense rain storms leading to flooding occurring outside flood zones, and dry conditions that can increase the threat of fire in our wooded areas,” said Randy Padfield, director of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency.

end quotes

All as was predicted long ago.

And I wonder, still I wonder, can Democrat Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Wolf really stop the rain?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/t ... ent-184670