COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

jeffmoskin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:40 p

Because Marx's "Surplus Value Problem" is real.

If you leave it up to the CEOs to determine how to divvy it up, they will of course take a mega-million bonus for being such a clever CEO.

Which is why US has the highest ratio of CEO pay to worker pay.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:40 p

It may have been a problem to Marx, but it is not at all a problem to me or for me living in a free country.

If you came up to me and told me you would give me $15 for something I could build or make for $2.37, I would take the deal and pocket the change and whose business is it but mine?

Now supposing you turned around and sold it for $2,500 after giving me the $15.00 we had previously agreed on ...

What possible business of mine can that be?

I suppose Marx would be screeching though his beard (he and Engels look like a couple of dudes off a cough drop box) if he knew about it, how I had been exploited, but that is simply Marxist BULL**** to me as an American ...

If I agreed to a lousy deal for me, well, tuition, that it ...

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 p

FWIW, In Germany (we wrote their constitution) 50% of all corp boards are made up of union reps. In the US, boards are made up of overpaid hedge fund operators.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 p

There is what we make everybody else do, and then there is what we do, and the twain are not the same ...

jeffmoskin

Because our Constitution has become un-amendable because of the political division we are living through.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

jeffmoskin wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 p
FWIW, In Germany (we wrote their constitution) 50% of all corp boards are made up of union reps.
HITLER SPEECH ON ENABLING ACT 1933

Berlin, March 23, 1933

RESPONSE OF HITLER TO SOCIAL DEMOCRATS

It is my conviction that we shall inoculate the German Volk with a spirit that, in view of the Volk’s defenselessness today, Mr. Deputy, will certainly never allow it to be stripped of its honor.

Here, too, it was your responsibility, you who were in power for fourteen years, to ensure that this German Volk had set an example of honor to the world.

It was your responsibility to ensure that, if the rest of the world insisted upon suppressing us, at least the type of suppression the German Volk was subjected to would be one of dignity.

You had the opportunity to speak out against all of the manifestations of disgrace in our Volk.

You could have eliminated this treason just as easily as we will eliminate it.

You have no right to even associate yourself with this claim; for you should never, at that hour when every revolution would have constituted the concurrence of the offenses of treason and high treason, have given your support, even indirectly, to such acts.

And you should have prevented the German Volk from being subjected to a new constitution drawn up at the beck and call of foreign countries.

That has nothing to do with honor, allowing the enemy to dictate one’s own internal structure.

We will take criticism from anyone who loves Germany.

But we will take no criticism from anyone who worships the Internationale!

We gave the German workers nothing they didn't already have under Hitler ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

jeffmoskin wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 p
Because our Constitution has become un-amendable because of the political division we are living through.
That Constitution no longer exists ...

Nancy Pelosi killed it on 6 January 2021, the day our Republic died ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

"I believe in a division of labor."

"You send us to Congress; we pass the laws under which you make money and out of your profits you further contribute to our campaigns funds to send us back again to pass more laws to enable you to make more money."

- Senator Boies Penrose, a late nineteenth-century Republican from Pennsylvania, to a business audience

jeffmoskin

Money in politics is the chief cause of our problems.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Politicians who take money from being in politics is our real problem ...

And it seems insurmountable ...