COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by thelivyjr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 p

thelivyjr wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 p
My internet service has become decidedly lousy in recent weeks, so that I have not been able to get into this site for more than a day ...

Someone was telling me I ought to get an internet service provider in Yemen if I want better service ...

jeffmoskin wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 p
Part of the Biden 2.3 Terrabuck plan includes high speed rural internet.

You may not have to move to Yemen

I had good service until Joe Biden came into office, and then it went to hell ...

I'm betting on Yemen ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 p

“I think we need to be very deliberately patient in our approach to monetary policy.”

- Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank President Loretta Mester

On another note, why on earth do these federal reserve morons go so far out of their way to sound so stupid with their messaging like this need to be "very deliberately patient" horsecrap coming at us from Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank President Loretta Mester?

What on earth does "very deliberately patient" mean?

Is it a lot more than simply "deliberately patient?"

Or not that awful much more?

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:40 p

You need to become "deliberately patient" after you have been too "Irrationally exuberant"

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:40 p

I'm with you on that, alright ...

According to what I can gather from all the federal reserve "messaging" going on, at the same time things look really good, they really don't look good at all, so a few more years at least of emergency measures are required to keep the economy looking like it is doing good, even when it's not doing good at all ..

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Chicago Fed President Charles Evans, who agrees with the majority of his colleagues that the Fed’s benchmark overnight interest rate will likely need to stay near zero through 2023, said he envisions an uncomfortable period of higher inflation this year.

But he insisted the Fed shouldn’t budge until it’s sure that prices won’t just fall back again below its 2% inflation goal.

“We really have to be patient and be willing to be bolder than most conservative central bankers would choose to be,” he told reporters after an event organized by the University of Nevada, Reno.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-fed ... SL1N2M01WM
"Charley Chuckles," as Chucky Evans of the Chicago Fed is known on the talk show circuit, is speaking like someone who is insane and not in possession of their wits with that "willing to be bolder than most conservative central bankers would choose to be” horse**** ...

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:40 p

Read Hyman Minsky on "Stability breeds instability"

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Good afternoon, jeffmoskin!

Will do, sounds interesting ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 p

A Minsky moment is a sudden, major collapse of asset values which marks the end of the growth phase of a cycle in credit markets or business activity.

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 p

True. And, "Stability breeds instability because things have been going up for so long there is no point in doing a critical analysis on a sure thing.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 p

You are a font of knowledge, jeffmoskin!