COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by thelivyjr »

We have no common culture, no common values, no national vision, no common language, no common history, no common heritage, so maybe the only thing that now binds people in America together is their hate for each other ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

There was just something on the news about young people out in some place called Garden Grove, California being lovers of the rug-chewing madman and complete idiot Adolph Hitler, which is an indication of just how twisted are the minds of young people in America today, that they would idolize and worship a loser like Hitler ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Speaking of hate as the national trait of the American people today, as witnessed in these young fools and idiots who adore Hitler and the Nazis, it is on full display in the transcript of the Mueller Hearing on 24 July 2019 ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Well, tRUMP has been clever enough to unite all these nutters against blacks, latinos, gays, Jews, etc etc, into an electoral college majority.

Credit where credit is due.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

But a strange thing is, jeffmoskin, this according to a USA TODAY article entitled “Mass shootings not caused by mental illness, experts say” by Kristen Jordan Shamus on 10 August 2019, all those supposed "nutters" you mention are as sane and rational as everyone else in America is, including Chuck Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, so go figure:

DETROIT – After a harrowing weekend in Texas and Ohio where mass shootings left 31 people dead and dozens more injured, President Donald Trump called for culture change to a stop the glorification of violence in video games and online platforms, an end to bigotry and hatred and reforms to mental health laws.

But his statements about mental health – referring to mass shooters as “mentally ill monsters” and suggesting “involuntary confinement” for some people with mental illness were off the mark, said Kevin Fischer, the executive director of the Michigan chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

He noted that there is little correlation between mental illness and violent killings.

“Study after study has shown us that is simply not true.”

“It’s actually more often the reverse,” he said, in that people living with mental illness are far more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators.

“Racism, hate, white supremacy are not diagnosable mental illnesses.”

Arthur Evans, the CEO of the American Psychological Association, the largest professional and scientific organization of psychologists in the United States, said it’s important for people to understand that there is a fairly weak link between mental illness and mass shootings.

In a 2016 book, “Gun Violence and Mental Illness,” published by American Psychological Association Publishing, researchers reported that mass shootings perpetrated by people with serious mental illness account for less than 1% of all yearly gun-related homicides.

“The biggest predictor of who is going to commit these crimes is violence, a history of past violence,” said Evans.

“That is the single-best predictor of who is going to act in a violent way and commit these kinds of violent acts.”

“In addition, we know that there are other factors – stressors, alienation, disaffection, a history of domestic violence – all of those contribute to people’s likelihood to act out in violent ways.”

“Mental illness is in there, but not as strong as some of these other factors.”

end quotes

So, according to that analysis by people you would have to call the experts, being a white supremacist is a rational act as is murdering people in the name of white supremacy.

So how do we as a nation deal with that reality?

And that whack-job shooter in Dayton was a registered Democrat who was a supporter of Lizzie Warren and barmy Bernie Sanders, so you have to wonder how many more hate-filled "nutters" those two have lurking in the background …

The United States has about 3 percent of the world's population, but some fifty percent of the world's mental illness problems as I see it …

So whomever gets elected is going to get elected by a goodly percentage of the lunatic fringe in this country, who are just as equal as everyone else in this country, if not more so …

And so ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

And at the same time, you should be able to sleep a lot better at night, jeffmoskin, knowing that the federal reserve is going to stay focused and flexible ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

I gave up listening to what tRUMP says long long ago. He is now exceeded 12,000 lies.

And he had 1 1/2 years left.

I hope not more.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

I never actually ever started listening to him, and would not listen to him as a matter of choice …

I say that because I get my news from the radio, and I can't help but hear tRUMP talking, or yelling a lot of the time, and blithering like an idiot most of the time, and this morning, when I was sitting down to breakfast and before I had coffee, onto the news comes tRUMP and I yelled at the radio, "will you shut up, tRUMP, you sound so stupid," because he did and I am so sick of him going out of his way to intentionally act like a pathetic idiot saying ridiculous things with all these superlatives like his "wonderful" tax-cuts, which make me wonder what intellectual level this dude is operating on, and I think it is maybe twelve …

A little bully all grown up into a big one, except his mind never grew …

It atrophied, and today, to our bad luck, we are stuck with this lunatic driving the ship of state through shoal waters thinking he is on the open ocean …

And so ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

His former advisor Scaramucci (the Mooche) thinks he is totally batty.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08 ... view-trump
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Me, too!