thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: Just musings, is all

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 11, 2024 AT 8:44 PM

Paul Plante says:

Cause and effect, people!

Yes, they still exist.

Something that happened yesterday is inextricably linked to something that will happen tomarrow, such as the policies of the Roaring Twenties resulted in the GREAT DEPRESSION, or BIDE-O-NOMICS yesterday has resulted in sticky BIDENFLATION today, but, if people are confused, or scared, or have short memories, or are distracted, or busy doing something else, all of which politicians since time immemorial have counted on as they gull and swindle and hornswoggle the populace for their benefit and that of their cronies, they fail to connect the dots, which of course is the hope and goal of the politicians feeding off the taxpayers, because in America, at least, feeding off the taxpayers is not a crime, and hey, it is what they are there for in the first place, to serve as a food source for the politicians to feed off of, which takes us for the moment back in time to back to the Baltimore Evening Sun on October 6, 1924 and political essay “The Coolidge Buncombe” by H.L. Mencken, where we have a basis of comparison of the character of Joe Biden with that of both Warren Gamaliel Harding, who before Joe Biden took the crown from him, was deemed the worst American president, and Calvin Coolidge, or “Silent Cal,” as he was known, to wit:

What I contend is that the Coolidge Administration, if it is inflicted on us, is bound to be quite as bad as the Harding Administration, and that the chances are that it will be a great deal worse.

In other words, I contend that it is bound to manufacture radicalism in a wholesale manner, and that this radicalism will be far more dangerous to legitimate business than the mild stuff that Dr. La Follette now has on tap.

I believe that the Coolidge Administration will be worse than that of Harding for the plain reason that Coolidge himself is worse than Harding.

Harding was an ignoramus, but there were unquestionably good impulses in him.

end quotes

Why don’t we have people in the main-stream and legacy media today who have the guts and courage to label Joe Biden an ignoramus?

Because they think he is a brilliant genius statesman, instead?

Going back to Mencken on Harding, who as bad as he was, was actually a far better president than is Joe Biden, we have more, as follows, as we ponder the question of just how is it that we end up with these kinds of people as our “leaders,” which makes the term American president into a mockable term, to wit:

He (Harding) had a great desire to be liked and respected; he was susceptible to good as well as to bad suggestions; his very vanity, in the long run, might have saved him from the rogues who exploited him.

Behind Harding the politician there was always Harding the businessman — a man of successful and honorable career, jealous of his good name.

Coolidge is simply a professional politician, and a very petty, sordid and dull one.

end quotes

ENTER JOSEPH ROBINETTE BIDEN, JUNIOR!

He (Coolidge) has lived by job-seeking and job-holding all his life; his every thought is that of his miserable trade.

end quotes

That description, people, also fits Joe Biden to a tee, which takes us back for more, to wit:

When it comes to a conflict between politicians and reputable folk, his instinctive sympathy always goes to the politicians.

He showed this sympathy plainly in the Denby and Daugherty cases.

end quotes

“Denby,” of course, is Edwin Denby (February 18, 1870 – February 8, 1929), who was an American lawyer and politician who served as Secretary of the Navy in the administrations of Warren G. Harding and Calvin Coolidge from 1921 to 1924, and he is famous for playing a notable role in the infamous Teapot Dome scandal which took place during the Harding presidency, where Denby got Harding’s approval to transfer control of the naval oil reserves at Teapot Dome, Wyoming, and Elk Hills, California, from the Department of the Navy to the Department of the Interior, headed by Albert B. Fall, who then proceeded to lease these oil fields to friends who were heads of oil companies in exchange for over $400,000 in personal loans.

Despite attempts to keep the deal secret, The Wall Street Journal leaked news of the leasing, and the Senate decided to launch an inquiry into the matter, which investigation began in October 1923 after Harding’s death, and the Senate Committee on Lands and Public Surveys, which carried out the inquiry, concluded in 1924 that the Teapot Dome and Elk Hills leases to the oil companies had been fraudulent and corrupt, so that both Denby and Fall were forced to resign from office as a result.

“Daugherty” was Harry Micajah Daugherty (January 26, 1860 – October 12, 1941) and he was an American politician best remembered for his service as Attorney General of the United States under presidents Warren G. Harding and Calvin Coolidge, as well as for his involvement in the Teapot Dome scandal during Harding’s presidency.

Daugherty remained an influential figure behind the election of several U.S. representatives and senators and he was Harding’s campaign manager at the 1920 Republican National Convention.

Following Harding’s successful election, Daugherty was named attorney general.

Twice the subject of federal corruption investigations, Daugherty was forced in 1924 to resign his post as attorney general by Coolidge.

Which takes us back to Mencken and 1924, to wit:

To say that he (Coolidge) was not strongly in favor of both men is to utter nonsense.

He not only kept them in office as long as he could, despite the massive proofs of their unfitness; he also worked for them behind the door, stealthily and ignominiously.

To this day he has not said a single word against either of them; all his objurgations have been leveled at those who exposed them and drove them out.

He kept the asinine Teddy Roosevelt, Jr., in office until a week or so ago, and then gave him a parting salute of twenty-one guns.

He is even now trying to promote Captain Robison, the man who arranged the Doheny oil grab.

end quotes

“Doheny” is Edward Laurence Doheny (August 10, 1856 – September 8, 1935) who was an American oil tycoon who, in 1892, drilled the first successful oil well in the Los Angeles City Oil Field.

In the 1920s, Doheny was implicated in the Teapot Dome scandal and accused of offering a $100,000 bribe to United States Secretary of the Interior Albert Fall.

Doheny was twice acquitted of offering the bribe, but Fall was convicted of accepting it.

In 1922 Albert B. Fall, U.S. Secretary of the Interior, leased the oil field at Elk Hills, California, to the Pan American Petroleum & Transport Company, and around the same time, the Teapot Dome Field in Wyoming was leased to Sinclair Consolidated Oil Corporation.

Both oilfields were part of the US Navy’s petroleum reserves and neither lease was subject to competitive bidding.

In 1924 rumors about corruption in the deals escalated into the Teapot Dome scandal, and Doheny’s reputation was somewhat tainted by a bribe paid to the Secretary of the Interior, Albert B. Fall in 1921.

He (Doheny) made the “gift” of $100,000 in connection with obtaining a lease of 32,000 acres (13,000 ha) of government-owned land used for the Elk Hills Naval Petroleum Reserve near Taft, California, and the resulting scandal broke soon after that, over similar bribes Fall accepted for leasing Teapot Dome in Wyoming.

Doheny was charged with bribing Fall but, in 1930, was acquitted.

His son, Ned, who had delivered the money, and assistant Hugh Plunkett were also charged, but died before they could be tried.

Nevertheless, Fall was convicted of accepting the bribe.

end quotes

Which again takes us back to Mencken on Coolidge, to wit:

Who has forgotten that he wanted to appoint Daugherty to “investigate” that colossal steal?

Or that he was in close and constant communication with Ned McLean, Dougherty’s and Fall’s friend, during the whole of the inquiry?

No amount of campaign blather will suffice to wipe out this discreditable record.

Coolidge pulled against the oil investigation from the start; he pulled against the Dougherty investigation from the start; he let Daugherty and Denby go at last only under pressure, and after trying to hit their opponents below the belt.

His sympathy has been with such oppressed patriots all his life, and it is with them today.

If he is elected for four years every professional politician in the Republican party will rejoice, and with sound reason.

There will be good times for the boys — and Fall, Daugherty and company will be safe.

But will the country be safe?

It is not so certain.

Those businessmen who think only of easy profits tomorrow might do well to give a thought or two to the day after.

They have seen a very formidable radical movement roll up under their noses.

If they have any sense, they will not be deceived by the argument that it has been set in motion by “agitators.”

What agitators?

Who and where are they?

I can find no such persons.

La Follette stumped the country for years and got nowhere.

Only his own State heeded him.

But last winter he began to get a response, and soon it was immense and vociferous.

That response came from men and women who had become convinced at last, and with good logic, that government by professional politicians was intolerably and hopelessly rotten — that the only remedy was to turn them out, and then make laws to prevent them coming back.

Personally I doubt that such laws, if made, will work.

In other words, I am not a radical.

I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.

But that is certainly not the common American view; the majority of Americans are far more hopeful.

When they see an evil they try to remedy it — by peaceful means if possible, and if not, then by force.

In the present case millions of them tire of the degrading Coolidge farce, with its puerile evasion of issues, its cloaking of Denby and Daugherty, its exaltation of such political jugglers as Slemp and Butler, its snide conspiracy to rob La Follette of honest votes in California.

They tire of it and want to end it.

What now, if they are forced to stand four years more if it?

What if they must see it grow ever worse and worse?

To timorous businessmen, in this year 1924, La Follette may look dangerous.

But let them ask themselves what sort of radicalism will probably be afoot in 1928, after four more years of Coolidge.

end quotes

And let us ask ourselves what sort of radicalism will probably be afoot in 2028, after four more years of Joe Biden?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-917018
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 12, 2024 AT 8:30 PM

Paul Plante says:

And here is an existential question for our times today – if back in 1924, men and women in America had become convinced at last, and with good logic, that government by professional politicians like Joe Biden was intolerably and hopelessly rotten and that the only remedy was to turn them out, and then make laws to prevent them coming back, how on earth is it that today, we are stuck with this piece of ignorant dead wood named Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior, as president?

Have we become stupid since then?

Have we become brain-dead as a people and as a nation?

Are we moon-struck and dazed which made us believe that somehow, in some strange and mysterious and perhaps mystical or magical way, despite his proven record of nothingness and failure, that electing Joe Biden president would transform him from a loser into a brilliant and dynamic and forceful yet intelligent world leader?

If so, we were seriously deluded, weren’t we, given Joe Biden is anything but.

Or is it more a case that we have become so degenerated as a people in the last hundred years since 1924 that we see a mediocrity like Joe Biden as being the best among us?

Consider that in 2012, Sen. John McCain, who would know the difference, stated that Joe Biden has been consistently wrong on every national security issue that McCain had been involved in in the last 20 years or so, while in 2014, in a memoir by former Obama Defense Secretary Bob Gates, he slammed Joe’s foreign policy, saying therein: “I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

And look where Joe has steered the nation since then – into CHAOS and TURMOIL!

Boggles the mind, don’t it?

Stay tuned!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-917356
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 17, 2024 AT 5:49 PM

Paul Plante says:

Where I have been these last several days of apparent quietude on my part in here is out there in what these days passes for the “real” world, embroiled in a controversy splitting my small community which is a direct outcome of what happens when BIDEN INFRASTRUCTURE MONEY is mindlessly made available to small towns like mine for alleged “infrastructure” improvements, which small towns, to get their hands on what they consider “free money,” a windfall of riches into their pockets courtesy of the federal government in Washington, D.C., have to promise to put their local taxpayers in hock for a certain percentage of the project cost, whether those taxpayers want or need the project, in this case a public water supply, without those taxpayers having any say in the matter, period, largely because it is all, the process of actually getting that money being political in nature, going on behind closed doors with absolutely no transparency for the affected taxpayers of whom I am one, as can be seen beginning @6:34 into this video of the April 11, 2024 Poestenkill, New York town board meeting ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0BOo3NIa4 ) where I go ballistic with respect to us being lied to and misled as I vent some incandescent rage at a corrupt town board for selling us into debt slavery to get their hands on some $5,277,567 of grant money of which $670,367 is coming from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law-EC grant, and $1,693,000 in a congressional community project funding grant from Kirsten Gillibrand, with us in a small community being on the hook for a minimum of $272,433, subject to cost overruns we will also be on the hook for, all based upon an imaginary crisis at local middle school as the need for the grant money.

In other words, to get their hands on this “free government money,” the Poestenkill town board simply lied, knowing they could and would get away with it, because first of all, given the secrecy, who would even know, and then, once they did find out, which always happens, other than vent some fury about it, as I am seen and heard doing in that video, and make some noise, which goes away real soon, what can they do about it?

Have the federal government, which based the grants on that lie, take the money back?

HAH, as if that is going to happen, as we see in a 31 July 2023 writing from myself to Hon. Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator, Leo W. O’Brien Federal Office Bldg,, 11A Clinton Ave, Rm 821, Albany, NY 12207, RE: Federal funding for Water District No. 2, Poestenkill (T), Rensselaer County; U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 9, Clause 7: No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law, wherein was stated as follows with respect to the fraudulent nature of this grant application, to wit:

Dear Senator Gillibrand:

As you will recall, on 28 January 2023, I sent a letter to your office concerning this above referenced matter of Water District No. 2 in the town of Poestenkill, Rensselaer County, state of New York titled RE: Poestenkill (T), Rensselaer County; Water District No. 2; Requesting federal assistance for Water District No. 2 based on false pretenses, wherein I detailed for you the fact that the PFAS contamination in Poestenkill’s groundwater is as a result of willful gross negligence and neglect of duty by the town of Poestenkill itself, which raises the substantive question of why the federal taxpayers should be put on the hook here to pay for the intentional negligence and neglect of duty by Poestenkill, especially when the request is made based on falsehoods?

Subsequent thereto, on July 28, 2023, Poestenkill Town Councilmember Eric Wohlleber, who since 27 September 2021 has been spearheading a whitewash and cover-up in this matter to protect the polluter, Waste Management of New York, LLC, at the Poestenkill transfer station in a Planned Development District at the intersection of NYS Rts. 66 and 351 in Poestenkill regulated by the town of Poestenkill, sent out a notice to Poestenkill residents titled Subject: Poestenkill PFOA Water Update, wherein was stated as follows, to wit:

Neighbors,

I just received a message this evening from a member of Senator Gillibrand’s office with some great news.

“The appropriations committee moved your Poestenkill Water Supply Project CDS request forward!”

“This means there is a very high likelihood your project will be included in the final appropriations package and funded.”

“I will keep you updated on any movements and please let me know if you have any questions.”

This is an important step to hopefully securing additional funding for a potential Water District #2 here in Poestenkill, which would lower the cost per unit, should the district receive approval.

end quotes

So my question to your office, which I will also raise with Senator Patty Murray, Chair of the Appropriations Committee, and Senator Susan Collins, Vice Chair of the Appropriations Committee, remains the same: why are the federal government taxpayers, who get no benefit from the expenditure of these federal dollars, being put on the hook here to pay for the intentional negligence and neglect of duty by the town of Poestenkill, coupled with nuisance, negligence and trespass by Waste Management of New York, LLC at the Poestenkill transfer station?

This question is relevant because to date, there has been no demonstration whatsoever that this water district is even needed because in a New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) Report titled “Community Update – April 2023 – Poestenkill Area PFAS Contamination, it was stated as follows, to wit:

To date, RCDOH has sampled 97 private wells near the school.

PFOA and/or perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) were detected above the State’s public drinking water standards of 10 ppt in 14 private wells.

As a result, DEC provided the 14 homes served by private wells that exceed 10 ppt with point-of-entry treatment systems (POETs) to filter out PFAS and provide clean drinking water.

The remaining 83 private wells did not show PFOA or PFOS detections above the standards.

end quotes

The cost of these activated carbon point of entry treatment systems is between $300 – $1,800, and as the NYSDEC Report from April of 2023 makes incandescently clear, the 14 homes affected have already had these systems installed, which the NYSDEC states will provide them with clean drinking water, which is more than this proposed Water District No. 2 can claim, given it is based on a surface water supply which itself is susceptible to PFAS contamination.

As to the remaining 83 private wells, the cost of installing activated carbon filter point of entry systems, which is the most cost-effective solution, assuming a cost of $2000 per home, would be $166,000, which money Poestenkill already has in hand.

So what then, is your office providing federal tax dollars to Poestenkill for?

To establish a slush fund for the local politicians?

We federal taxpayers residing in Poestenkill would like to know!

Thanking you in advance for your prompt reply to this taxpayer inquiry, I remain

Respectfully.

end quotes

And I never heard a word back from any of them.

As to the MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LIE that is bringing home the federal bacon to tiny Poestenkill, I have emulated Wayne Creed, who I consider a true unsung American hero for maintaining the Cape Charles Mirror as a bastion of sanity in otherwise totally insane world, by starting my own on-line newspaper, this is what today’s edition had to say on that score. to wit:

POESTENKILL CLARION, CHRONICLE & GAZETTE

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of intellectual liberty in Poestenkill

April 17th 2024 Edition

“THE WATER DISTRICT NO 2 FLIM-FLAM – STEALING FROM THE TAXPAYERS POESTENKILL STYLE”

Yesterday, I was asked by a fellow town resident to justify a statement I made about the town procuring these county, state and federal dollars for water district no. 2, all taxpayer dollars, which means the pockets getting looted here include ours, based on false pretenses (a deliberate misrepresentation of facts, as to obtain title to money or property), which is a form of stealing, although stealing from the taxpayers in Rensselaer County and New York state is not considered a crime, but a benefit of holding public office.

“What false pretenses,” he wanted to know, “where are the false pretenses, because I am unaware of them?”

To which I answered that he was unaware of them precisely because he was supposed to be, because if he knew his pocket was being picked, and his bank account was being looted, then he would have stood up at a town meeting and protested, and that had to be prevented at all costs for this taxpayer scam to succeed, which it has to the tune of MILLION$ in the form of a cash transfer from our pockets into those of the looters.

As to the false pretenses, they are right there staring us all in the face, in the beginning of the Laberge report accepted by the town board in August of 2022:

I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

This Map, Plan and Report was commissioned by the Town of Poestenkill Town Board to evaluate the feasibility of, and to assist with, the creation of a water district in the Town.

The need for expansion of the water system stems from the joint investigation by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, New York State Department of Health, and Rensselaer County Department of Health.

The presence of multiple contaminants shows the priority of providing municipal water to the Algonquin Middle School and surrounding area.

end quotes

The false pretenses are right there for all to see right there in that last sentence, where it says there is a priority of providing municipal water to the Algonquin Middle School, which is an untrue statement.

There NEVER was a need for Poestenkill at taxpayer expense to provide water to the school.

That was a ruse that Poestenkill and Laberge used to obtain county, state and federal funds.

The Algonquin Middle School in Poestenkill is already served by Public Water Supply NY4117257, a Non-transient non-community water system serving 1000 persons at the Algonquin Middle School in Poestenkill, which water supply is owned by the taxpayers of the Averill Park School District, of whom we are all one, and that is a separate taxing district the town neither owns nor controls, so that was a patently false statement the town submitted to get those funds, which is a false pretense.

That Poestenkill would have known in August of 2022 that it was a false statement that the town needed to run water to the school, the necessary excuse to get this project going, is made clear by the following:

COMMUNITY UPDATE

NOVEMBER 2021

PROTECTING POESTENKILL’S DRINKING WATER AND INVESTIGATING PFAS CONTAMINATION

Two Public Availability Sessions Scheduled for Dec. 8, 2021

The school is currently installing a granular activated carbon (GAC) system to filter the PFOA and other PFAS and effectively treat the contaminants to provide clean water to the school community.

end quotes

So if the town knew in November of 2021 (actually earlier) that the school was getting that filter, it would have known it was telling a falsehood in September of 2022 when it applied for state funds based on a premise that it had to supply the school with water.

And it is news to ALL of us because it was all very well buried so we wouldn’t know, given we had no access to that Laberge Report in August and September of 2022 when the town made those funding requests.

As to the funding requests, recall from the Laberge Report at p.5 in the section titled PROJECT BACKGROUND AND HISTORY, under i) NYS Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), as follows:

The Town, as required to submit for certain grant funds, has completed the required SEQRA review and has made a Determination of Significance under SEQRA (6 NYCRR Part 617). The Town Board issued a Negative Declaration on September 8th, 2022, a copy of which is included in Appendix F.

That the town would have known on September 8th, 2022 that it was a false statement about the need to provide water to the school is further reinforced by the following:

COMMUNITY UPDATE

FEBRUARY 2022

POESTENKILL PFAS INVESTIGATION

Updates: New Investigation Summary Reports

The New York State Departments of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and Health (DOH), and the Rensselaer County Department of Health (RCDOH), are working together to protect the public health and environment of the Poestenkill community.

The following is an update from the November 2021 community update.

Beginning in December 2021, the school installed a granular activated carbon (GAC) system to provide effective long-term treatment of the contaminants to ensure clean water for the school community.

System startup and flushing of the school’s distribution system continued throughout January and into February 2022.

The school district is currently working with the RCDOH to test the water and make the system operational.

end quotes

If in fact as the DEC said in February of 2022 that the granular activated carbon (GAC) system installed by the taxpayers at the school would provide effective long-term treatment of the contaminants to ensure clean water for the school community, then clearly, in August of 2022, there was no need for the town to do so, but they needed that excuse to get those funds – big emergency, school kids, poisoned water, send money!

That money doesn’t come from heaven, it comes from our pockets. so should the town be telling lies to take it from our pockets?

Call me very old-fashioned, but I don’t think so.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-918798
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 18, 2024 AT 11:52 AM

Paul Plante says:

For an example of these “hidden” costs to local taxpayers associated with this STIMULATION money and CORPORATE WELFARE Joe Biden is handing out like candy to the richest corporations in the world as he pumps out enormous amounts of state support to these corporations, let’s go back to Joe’s so-called State of the Union Address on 7 March 2024, where we have the following self-congratulatory BIDEN PUFFERY and BOBAUNCE, to wit:

The great comeback story is Belvidere, Illinois.

Home to an auto plant for nearly 60 years.

Before I came to office, the plant was on its way to shutting down.

Thousands of workers feared for their livelihoods.

Hope was fading.

Then, I was elected to office, and we raised Belvidere repeatedly with auto companies, knowing unions would make all the difference.

The UAW worked like hell to keep the plant open and get these jobs back.

And together, we succeeded.

Instead of auto factories shutting down, auto factories are reopening and a new state-of-the-art battery factory is being built to power those cars there at the same.

To the folks — to the folks of Belvidere, I’d say: Instead of your town being left behind, your community is moving forward again.

Because instead of watching auto ja- — jobs of the future go overseas, 4,000 union jobs with higher wages are building a future in Belvidere right here in America.

end quotes

Now, people, seriously doesn’t that that sound just grand and glorious – there is beleaguered Belvidere, Illinois down on its knees, gasping for its last breaths before finally expiring for good when just in the nick of time along comes WHITE KNIGHT Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior on his white destrier standing 20 hands tall with Joe and his couched lance, pennants flying, firmly in the saddle, and the day is saved, and peace and prosperity will reign forever after in Belvidere, Illinois, thanks to Joe.

But is that really true?

For that answer, let’s go to the Jan 18, 2024 edition of the Rockford Register Star and a news item titled “A $32M sewer expansion needed for Belvidere battery plant” where we learn as follows, to wit:

Four Rivers Sanitation Authority Executive Director Tim Hanson said his office is preparing an estimated $32 million plan talked about for three decades to extend sanitary sewer lines to the area from Cherry Valley to service the Stellantis facility and any suppliers that will be needed.

end quote

So, to make Joe’s INSANE GREEN DREAM come true in Belvidere, Illinois, the people in that area are going to have to pony up an estimated $32 million plus cost overruns to make Joe’s INSANE GREEN DREAM actually come true, so that when Joe said to the folks of Belvidere on 7 March 2024, that “instead of your town being left behind, your community is moving forward again,” we have to ask ourselves this important question, which applies to corrupt Poestenkill as well:

ARE THEY REALLY?

Or is Joe driving those people in Belvidere, like the people of corrupt Poestenkill, NY, into eternal debt slavery to pay off the cost of that $32 million sewer expansion in their case, and in the case of Poestenkill, about a million in hidden costs to upgrade the piping system from Troy, New York through Brunswick, New York in order to actually be able to get the water Joe’s STIMULATION money appears to be paying for?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-919005
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 19, 2024 AT 8:18 PM

Paul Plante says:

And hey, hey hey, people, JOBS JOBS JOBS!

Millions and gazillions of them, all high-paying union manufacturing jobs thanks to BUILD BACK BETTER BIDE-O-NOMICS, Joe Biden’s ultra-new, ultra-chic economic plan that is building a new American economy to replace the other American economy with this one being built from the bottom up and the middle out, so that everybody who isn’t yet in the middle class, the class everybody knows really built America, and the class to be in, can get into the middle class and be just like everybody else in the middle class with the Escalade in the driveway for her, the Corvette and super-loaded fwd pick-up for he, and the McMansion on its own eighth-acre, all thanks to Joe Biden and BIDE-O-NOMICS!

Joe Biden is good!

Joe Biden is great!

Joe Biden is going to give us all chocolate cake!

But if that is the case, where are all these JOBS, JOBS, JOBS?

Consider a Reuters article titled “Smaller US manufacturers warm to Biden’s big industrial plan, survey shows” by Timothy Aeppel on April 16, 2024, where we had as follows:

April 16 (Reuters) – America’s small and mid-sized manufacturers may be warming up to the Biden administration’s push for an aggressive industrial policy.

Biden’s industrial policy, headlined by legislation passed in 2022 that sparked a surge of factory construction, is aimed at boosting semiconductors, electric vehicles and green technologies, as well as other sectors.

The efforts so far have not produced many manufacturing jobs.

end quotes

I love that last sentence because it tells the ******* truth about BIDE-O-NOMICS, as opposed to the BULL**** Joe Biden and his crowd keep spewing, which thought takes us back to that story, to wit:

And so, as the presidential campaign shifts into higher gear ahead of November’s election, Biden is touring factories to tout his accomplishments, especially to voters in battleground states.

end quote

And here I am, helping Joe “tout” his accomplishments by pointing out he doesn’t have any to tout which takes us back to that story about BIDEN TRICKLE-DOWN BIDE-O-NOMICS, to wit:

“This is the first time in a long time that we’ve had a deliberate industrial strategy being pushed by the executive branch – that’s unique,” said Randy Altschuler, chief executive of Xometry.

Altschuler said federal investments have yet to filter down to smaller producers, with many of the most high-profile projects favoring giants like Intel and Samsung, which are both planning new semiconductor plants.

“You’re going to see a bigger benefit (for smaller companies) further down the road,” said Altschuler, as those projects create demand for the underlying pipeline of goods and services needed to complete and supply those factories.

end quotes

Yes, people, Joe Biden is using taxpayer dollars to reward the richest corporations in the world and the richest people in the US in his own version of TOP-DOWN, TRICKLE-DOWN economics, which takes us back for more on Joe Biden’s CENTRALLY-PLANNED ECONOMY where it is Joe Biden who gets to pick who the winners and losers are going to be, to wit:

Altschuler, who ran for Congress in New York in 2010 and lost and remains a registered Republican, said the political divide over industrial policy – which was once opposed by many Republicans as picking winners and losers – has narrowed sharply in recent years.

end quotes

Which brings us to another Reuters article titled “Philly Fed manufacturing gauge charges to 2-year high” on April 18, 2024, where we have more reality about JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, to wit:

Factory employment, meanwhile, continued to fall, dropping to its lowest level overall since May 2020, in keeping with other gauges showing sluggish employment in the sector.

Manufacturing job growth has been next to non-existent over the past year, with the Labor Department’s measure of new factory jobs averaging just 2,000 a month in that span, among the weakest-performing industries in the private sector.

end quotes

That’s what Joe’s government is saying, while this is what Joe himself was spinning in Joe’s so-called State of the Union Address on 7 March 2024, to wit:

Folks, I inherited an economy that was on the brink.

Now, our economy is literally the envy of the world.

Fifteen million new jobs in just three years.

A record.

A record.

end quotes

Yeah, right, Joe, so other than on paper, where are they actually?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-919498
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 25, 2024 AT 11:49 AM

Paul Plante says:

And hey, hey, hey, people JOBS, JOBS, JOBS and even more jobs on top of all those jobs!

SCADS of them thanks to American president and noted and well-loved world leader Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior, into whose strong and loving hands we have entrusted Joe with custodianship of the SOUL OF AMERICA, thanks to his INSANE GREEN DREAM which is going to literally coat the oceans of America, east and west, with so many windmills it won’t be funny, and America is going to get so RICH, RICH, RICH selling electric power to the rest of the world that not only will our federal deficit of $33 TRILLION be wiped out literally overnight, but all our taxes will be canceled and not only that, but the federal government will have so much extra money it won’t know what to do with, so each and every one of us will get a MILLION DOLLAR ROYALTY CHECK each year in time for BLACK FRIDAY sales, and life in America will be glorious, thanks to Joe Biden and BUILD BACK BETTER BIDENOMICS which has built the NEW AMERICAN ECONOMY from the BOTTOM UP and the MIDDLE OUT so sing hallelujah, people, and say AMEN, because as we can see in this Albany, New York Times Union article titled “New York offshore wind projects scrapped, along with promise of local jobs – GE Vernova was to build turbines at Port of Coeymans, but that is canceled for now” by Rick Karlin on April 22, 2024, the GOOD TIMES promised by Joe Biden are finally here at last:

COEYMANS — Just over a year ago, state and corporate executives were heralding what they said could be some 870 high-paying jobs at the Port of Coeymans that would involve assembling offshore wind turbine engines and blades built by GE Vernova and LM Wind Power.

But last week, those jobs vanished — at least for now — before they were ever created.

end quotes

And talk about BIDEN BOBAUNCE (ostentatious or boastful behavior, vain display, worldly vanity) and all these HIGH-PAYING GOOD UNION JOBS Joe Biden says he has “created,” there is the true Biden job creation right there in front of us, numbers on pieces of paper that mean nothing in the reality that exists outside of white house press releases – a pocketful of mumbles such are Joe Biden’s promises, which takes us back to that story, to wit:

That’s because two major offshore wind farms that were going to use the port as a fabrication area canceled their plans.

However, executives at the Port of Coeymans say they intend to continue expanding despite the cancellation of the Attentive and Community Offshore wind projects off the coast of Long Island.

The cancellations were just the latest of several similar reversals along the East Coast over the last year that illustrate the variables and cost challenges facing the push by both New York and the Biden administration to develop coastal wind as a major energy source.

Both the 1,314-megawatt Community Offshore project proposed by RWE, as well as the 1,404-megawatt Attentive project from Rise Power and Light and the French energy giant Total were canceled last week.

The news was listed on the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s website, and was first reported by Politico.

“No final awards will be made … and NYSERDA will look to advance a future competitive solicitation,” the agency stated on its website.

The reason cited was GE Vernova’s pivot from a new 18-megawatt turbine to their existing 15.5-megawatt device.

Without the larger turbines, developers would have to build more wind towers, which would add to the cost.

The Port of Coeymans had initially been identified as the facility where GE Vernova was going to build some of their turbines and blades, as well as LM Wind Power blades.

But with the Attentive project also halted, at least in the near term the port won’t be hosting a turbine factory.

Port officials, though, stressed that work is proceeding for two other wind projects that are currently under construction off Long Island: Empire Wind from Equinor and Sunrise from Orsted, two Scandinavian companies that are major global developers of offshore wind farms.

Both the Port of Coeymans and GE Vernova said they haven’t given up on the idea of building turbines and blades in Coeymans.

end quotes

For the record, the port of Coeymans, which is on the Hudson River in corrupt, backwards, Democrat-controlled New York state is about ONE HUNDRED FORTY MILES from New York City and the Atlantic Ocean.

Going back to the story of BIDEN INSANE GREEN DREAM FAILURE, it continues as follows:

“The offshore wind industry still presents a tremendous opportunity for New York state,” Carver Companies Chief Operating Officer Nick Laraway said in a statement.

The Carver Companies owns and operates the Port of Coeymans.

“The Port of Coeymans will continue supporting offshore wind projects Sunrise Wind and Empire Wind as announced by the state earlier this year,” Laraway added.

The port is handling some of the steel needed for the Sunrise project, and will supply aggregate stone for Empire Wind.

The number of people working on the steel and aggregate supplies at the Port of Coeymans wasn’t immediately available.

GE Vernova also said it remains committed to the Port of Coeymans as a site for any future construction needs.

The wind developers said their cancellation followed a change in plans by GE Vernova: The power spinoff of General Electric Co. earlier this year said it was focusing on producing more “workhorse” 15.5-megawatt turbines rather than the newer and more complex 18-MW variant.

The company said there is plenty of demand for the 15.5-megawatt models as well as the 3- and 6-megawatt turbines it builds for land-based wind farms.

The Port of Coeymans isn’t the only spot along the Hudson River in the Capital Region to be buffeted by what has become a volatile offshore wind industry.

Three and a half years ago, local politicians and business boosters cheered news that the Port of Albany, about nine miles north of Coeymans, would host a turnkey factory for the construction of the massive steel towers that support the offshore turbines to be used in Equinor’s projects.

But a year later, port officials said the costs of building the factory had grown from early estimates of $350 million to $604 million.

For now, the site is prepared and shovel-ready, but no construction has started due to a lack of funds.

Both Coeymans and Albany, though, remain prime spots for wind development, with lower costs than the New York City area and access to the Hudson River, where barges can haul items like towers and turbines to wind farm locations off the Atlantic Coast.

“The fundamentals of both Coeymans and the Port of Albany are both compelling,” remarked Fred Zalcman, director of the NY Offshore Wind Alliance, a trade group of wind developers.

“Even if this didn’t pan out, I do believe there will be other opportunities down the road,” he said.

end quotes

And that is the news, people, stay tuned, more is yet to come!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-921277
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 29, 2024 AT 11:56 AM

Paul R Plante, NYSPE says:

Following up on a perceptive comment elsewhere in here by Kim @ APRIL 28, 2024 AT 1:23 PM concerning these “government grants” of money coming down to localities from the federal government, where Kim remarks quite correctly that “local governments just view this as ‘free money,’“ and further following up on a comment made by myself above here @ APRIL 17, 2024 AT 5:49 PM, where I remarked that the last several days of my apparent quietude in here, as has again been the case these last so many days, is because I am forced by circumstances way beyond my control, like trying to stop a train wreck, to instead be “out there” in what these days passes for the “real” world, where I am embroiled in a controversy splitting my small community which is a direct outcome of what happens when BIDEN INFRASTRUCTURE MONEY is mindlessly made available to small towns like mine for alleged “infrastructure” improvements, which small towns, to get their hands on what they consider “free money,” a windfall of riches into their pockets courtesy of the federal government in Washington, D.C., have to promise to put their local taxpayers in hock for a certain percentage of the project cost, whether those taxpayers want or need the project, in this case a public water supply for a school that already has a public water supply, without we who are the taxpayers having any say in the matter, period, largely because the process of actually getting that money, being entirely political in nature, is going on behind closed doors with absolutely no transparency for the affected taxpayers of whom I am one, as can be seen beginning @6:34 into this video of the April 11, 2024 Poestenkill, New York town board meeting ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0BOo3NIa4 ) where I go ballistic with respect to us being lied to and misled as I vent some incandescent rage at a corrupt town board for selling us into debt slavery to get their hands on some $5,277,567 of grant money of which $670,367 is coming from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law-EC grant, and $1,693,ooo in a congressional community project funding grant from Kirsten Gillibrand, with us in a small community being on the hook for a minimum of $272,433, subject to cost overruns we will also be on the hook for, all based upon an imaginary crisis at local middle school as the need for the grant money.

In other words, to get their hands on this “free government money,” the Poestenkill town board simply lied, knowing they could and would get away with it, because first of all, given the secrecy, who would even know, and then, once they did find out, which always happens, other than vent some fury about it, as I am seen and heard doing in that video, and make some noise, which goes away real soon, what can they do about it?

Which takes us to a letter on the subject I just sent out this morning to Democrat New York state governor Kathy Hochul wherein was stated as follows, to wit:

29 APRIL 2024

The Honorable Kathy Hochul
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224

RE: Questionable WIIA Grants in Town of Poestenkill, Rensselaer County; Condemnation by Poestenkill Town Board of Algonquin Middle School carbon filtration system paid for in part by WIIA Grant as inadequate to protect children’s health; An incredible waste of taxpayer dollars

Dear Governor Hochul:

I am writing to you as a concerned taxpayer of the Averill Park Central School District, which district serves the needs of elementary, secondary, and special education students residing in the towns of Berlin, Brunswick, East Greenbush, Nassau, North Greenbush, Poestenkill, Sand Lake, Schodack and Stephentown concerning a $90,000 Water Infrastructure Improvement (WIIA) and Intermunicipal Grant awarded by your office in its wisdom on May 11, 2023 to the Averill Park Central School District and its Board of Education through the State Environmental Facilities Corporation for the effective treatment of drinking water at Algonquin Middle School in Poestenkill (T), Rensselaer County by installing granular activated carbon vessels for PFAS treatment at the Algonquin Middle School.

At the time your office awarded this WIIA Grant to the Averill Park School District less than a year ago on May 11, 2023, you were quoted as saying “New York is committed to providing communities with the resources needed to upgrade water systems and improve water quality,” and “We are continuing our nation-leading clean water investments with $500 million for clean water infrastructure in this year’s budget helping to protect the health and safety of our residents, preserve our environment, and improve quality of life for all with access to safe, reliable and clean water,” which is why your office awarded that WIIA grant, which act by your office we thought was fully supported by the following language from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in a February 2022 Community Update to the people of Poestenkill, to wit:

Beginning in December 2021, the school installed a granular activated carbon (GAC) system to provide effective long-term treatment of the contaminants to ensure clean water for the school community.

end quote

What happened subsequent thereto is that the Town Board of Poestenkill, acting in its capacity as the Board of Health of the town of Poestenkill where the Algonquin Middle School is physically located, in conjunction with its Public Health Coordinator, a professional position in Poestenkill involving responsibility for supervision of the environmental health program of the Poestenkill Department of Health, and whose work involves the enforcement of state Public Health Laws relating to public water supplies in Poestenkill, appointed a Blue Ribbon Select Commission of Investigation headed up by Poestenkill councilman Eric Wohlleber and comprised of the best scientific and legal minds in Poestenkill including former Obama EPA administrator Judith Enck, which Blue Ribbon Investigatory Commission was charged by the Poestenkill town board in its capacity as Poestenkill board of health with conducting an independent investigation of the charcoal filters paid for in part by the WIIA Grant awarded by your office to the Averill Park School District on May 11, 2023.

As a result of that investigation, the findings of which were released at a public information meeting in Poestenkill on April 25, 2024, it was determined by the Poestenkill town board acting in its capacity as the Town of Poestenkill Board of Health that the carbon filtration system at the Algonquin School paid for in part by the $90,000 WIIA Grant awarded by your office on May 11, 2023 should be condemned and withdrawn from service as it is in essence a piece of junk that fails to protect the health and well-being of the students, faculty and staff of the Algonquin School, that the system is no good, that when your office awarded the Grant, it didn’t know what it was doing, and that in the learned opinion of the Poestenkill town board, its public health coordinator, and its Blue Ribbon Select Commission of Investigation, Tomhannock Reservoir water would better protect the health and safety of the children who are students at the Algonquin Middle School, along with faculty and staff, while preserving the environment in Poestenkill, and improving quality of life for all in the Algonquin Middle School in Poestenkill with access to safe, reliable and clean water from the City of Troy piped through the Town of Brunswick, and then through the Town of Poestenkill, for which purpose the town of Poestenkill is about to obtain another WIIA Grant of $2,314,200 to run a special water main to the school and to dismantle and scrap the carbon filtration system the May 11, 2023 WIIA Grant awarded by your office in part paid for.

Which raises the important question of how on earth this fiscal fiasco could have happened in the first place, where the State Environmental Facilities Corporation approved a $90,000 grant to the Averill Park Central School District for something worthless, and is now forced to have to award a $2,314,200 WIIA Grant to the town board of Poestenkill to undo and correct the harm done by the $90,000 WIIA Grant on May 11, 2023 to the Board of Education of the Averill Park Central School District that paid in part for a system the town board of Poestenkill acting as board of health of Poestenkill has determined is an unsafe piece of junk by dismantling and scrapping the charcoal filters and ordering the Averill Park School Board to hook up to Poestenkill’s municipal water supply, instead.

Thanking you in advance for a prompt response to this taxpayer inquiry, I remain

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-922756