COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by thelivyjr »

thelivyjr wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 p
jeffmoskin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 p Debt is the only way out.
Said the Weimar Republic to itself as it spun, crashed and burned ...
jeffmoskin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 p The Weimar Republic's Mark was never the world's currency.

The US Dollar is.

If it were not, we would also be needing wheelbarrows to go shopping.

Not necessary needing a wheelbarrow with credit cards today ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 p Biden has delivered three large spending programs, designed to increase jobs for the working class.

I think that counts as "promoting the general welfare"

REUTERS

"Micron set to get $6.1 bln in chip grants from US"

By Reuters

April 18, 2024

April 18 (Reuters) - Memory chip maker Micron Technology is set to receive $6.1 billion in grants from the U.S. Commerce Department to help pay for domestic chip factory projects, Democratic U.S. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said on Thursday.

The award, which is not yet finalized, will fund chipmaking facilities in New York and Idaho from the CHIPS & Science law, the New York senator said in a statement.

“This monumental and historic federal investment will power and propel Micron to bring its transformative $100+ billion four-fab project in central New York to life, creating an estimated 50,000 jobs,” he said.

Micron plans to build a complex of chip plants in New York over the next 20 years, the senator added.

Biden has delivered three large BORROW-AND-SPEND TRICKLE DOWN spending programs designed to increase the stock value of America's richest corporations and thereby increase the wealth of America's richest persons, like Paul and Nancy Pelosi, in the hopes some of that will TRICKLE DOWN to the lower and lowest classes in America who are getting hit with the bill for those TRICKLE-DOWN programs ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

It would be a good thing for Americans to actually manufacture some of the essential things we now get from China and Taiwan. Not only for jobs, but for security.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

As a disabled veteran, I am entitled to mobility aids like grab bars from the VA, and when they came, they were made in China, and for my part, I am thankful to the Chinese for supplying me with them, because they are quality, not overpriced cheap American junk ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

The Chinese are great, until they decide not to sell to us for whatever reason. Grab bars are a lot easier to start building if they do that. Microchips, well, not quite as easy. We invented them, but Wall $treet decided to go to the cheapest source for their commissions.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

The Chinese HAVE to sell to us, or their economy crashes.

On another note, did you know that Joe Biden's uncle Ambrose Finnegan was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea during WW2 which makes Joe incredibly proud of him today, as it really should if equity is to be served and justice be done in a proper manner.

I know of people in Viet Nam being eaten by feral hogs, which was also common on Civil War battlefields here in America, but Joe's uncle is the first I have heard of who was actually eaten by cannibals, so it's no wonder Joe is incredibly proud of him today, because who else in America has such a tragic story of a relative to tell.

Do you know of anyone eaten by cannibals?

It's possible some of my relatives were cooked and eaten by Mohawk Indians during the Lachine Massacre, but that was up in Canada, and none of them were related to the Bidens, so they don't really count.
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

You hove to be wary when a cannibal asks you over for dinner.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

I'm with you on that, jeffmoskin!

As diplomats were warned if asked to share a meal with Idi Amin, avoid the meat course at all costs because it would be one of Idi's enemies being served up ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Tomorrow starts another week of the tRUMP follies. The good news is that he is required by law to be in attendance and to keep his mouth shut and his thumbs off his phone.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

What's he up to now?