FACT-CHECKING JOE BIDEN

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: FACT-CHECKING JOE BIDEN

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR AUGUST 14, 2021 AT 9:05 PM

Paul Plante says:

Joe Biden may well be the first American president to get us out of a stupid war one week only to get us right back into the same stupid war a week or so later, as the goofball pulls troops out of Afghanistnam only to send them back in again when it became clear it was stupid to pull them out when the goofball did.

Consider the CNBC story “Biden says Afghans must ‘fight for themselves’ as Taliban advances, does not regret U.S. withdrawal” by Amanda Macias on August 10, 2021, where we had goofy old Joe spouting off ignorantly on the record as follows:

WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden said Tuesday he does not regret his decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Afghanistan, a move that effectively ends America’s longest war.

end quotes

So I wonder how he feels about sticking those troops back in again days later, and one has to wonder how the troops feel having a real ******* moron as their commander-in-chief, which takes us back to the story for more as follows:

“Look, we spent over a trillion dollars over twenty years, we trained and equipped with modern equipment over 300,000 Afghan forces,” Biden told reporters at the White House.

“Afghan leaders have to come together,” Biden said.

“They’ve got to fight for themselves, fight for their nation.”

end quotes

Except why?

Why would the Afghans continue a war that the Americans started in their country, like the war the Americans started in VEET NAM and imposed on the Vietnamese people?

That whole “Afghan government” horsecrap imposed on the Afghan people by the idiot hack politicians we always end up getting stuck with in Washington, D.C., the center of unreality for the whole universe, let alone the world, was a HOUSE OF CARDS right from the get-go, and that TRILLION in our tax dollars completely wasted money on a politician’s pipe dream of turning Afghanistnam into another Kansas or Iowa while turning the Afghan citizens into good Americans to supposedly keep America and the American people safe from world communism, er, wait, no, sorry, that was VEET NAM, so safe from something, anyway, which again takes us back to that story:

In April, Biden ordered the full withdrawal of approximately 3,000 U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11.

The Pentagon’s massive task of removing servicemembers and equipment out of Afghanistan is nearly complete, with the U.S. military mission slated to end by Aug. 31.

end quotes

And today, 14 August 2021, we have the NBC News story “U.S. forces arrive in Kabul as Taliban continue to advance on Afghanistan’s capital” by Ahmed Mengli and Mushtaq Yusufzai and Chantal Da Silva where we have as follows:

The first of 3,000 troops began on Friday what the Pentagon described as a limited mission to evacuate the embassy workers.

end quotes

So pull them out only to send them back, which makes goofy old Joe sound an awful lot like his mentor and political hero Hussein Obama with our troops in Iraqinam.

NBC continued as follows:

Afghanistan’s President Ashraf Ghani meanwhile sought to reassure the population in a brief and vague televised address early Saturday.

He said consultations with local leaders and the international community were underway and he still had hopes of being able to “stop the ongoing imposed war on Afghan people, so more people should not die.”

“I know you all are worried about your present and future,” he said.

“I, as your president ensure you I (aim) to reduce violence and stop migration of people.”

end quotes

Uh, right, right, sure, Ashraf.

Going back to NBC once more we have:

“Once they have Kabul, they have the whole country,” said Bruce Jentleson, a professor of public policy and political science at Duke University.

Jentleson, who served as senior advisor to the State Department Policy Planning Director under the Obama administration added that he thought they could take the city “pretty soon.”

“That’s why we’re evacuating Kabul,” he said, adding that he thought the Taliban’s rapid gains had “surprised” President Joe Biden’s administration, although he did not think that “the lesson in this was (U.S. troops) staying longer.”

end quotes

Joe was surprised precisely because he is so goofy, which takes us back to CNBC on August 10, to wit:

As the U.S. withdrawals from Afghanistan, the Taliban has made stunning battlefield advances despite being vastly outnumbered by the Afghan military.

Over the weekend, the Taliban swiftly seized five provincial Afghan capitals, taking three in one day alone.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Monday that while the Biden administration plans to continue to provide air support, there was not much else the U.S. military could do.

“We will certainly support from the air, where and when feasible, but that’s no substitute for leadership on the ground, it’s no substitute for political leadership in Kabul, it’s no substitute for using the capabilities and capacity that we know they have,” Kirby said.

Kirby added that while the Pentagon is concerned to see such advances by the Taliban, the Afghan military must now leverage the years of training from U.S. and NATO coalition forces.

“They have an Air Force, the Taliban doesn’t.”

“They have modern weaponry and organizational skills, the Taliban doesn’t.”

“They have superior numbers to the Taliban,” Kirby said.

“They have the advantages, and it’s really now their time to use those advantages.”

end quotes

Which is the same exact horse**** we heard about the ARVN’s in VEET NAM, which makes this Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby sound like a real moron, as well, given this sentence from that same story, to wit:

As the U.S. withdrawals from Afghanistan, the Taliban has made stunning battlefield advances despite being vastly outnumbered by the Afghan military.

end quotes

It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, people, it is the size of the fight in the dog, and there, the Afghans we forced to fight for us just don’t have it, despite the Air Force they have which the Taliban doesn’t, and despite the modern weaponry and organizational skills they supposedly have, which the Taliban doesn’t, and the superior numbers they have compared to the Taliban.

So back in go the Americans.

Pray for them, people – they need it badly, because they have a real moronic and totally clueless idiot for their Commander-in-Chief!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... e-of-work/
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR AUGUST 17, 2021 AT 6:05 PM

Paul Plante says:

Well, since the last time we were here, the Afghan government has collapsed, Ghani has beat feet out of the country to save his own ***, the Taliban has taken over the country, and people in this country are now questioning Joe Biden’s mental capacity and judgment, as we clearly see in a Wall Street Journal article entitled “Biden’s Afghanistan Exit Raises Questions About His Foreign-Policy Record” by Michael R. Gordon on 15 August 2021, to wit:

During the 2020 political campaign, President Biden presented himself as a globe-trotting leader who had helmed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, served as President Barack Obama’s point man on complex international issues and who was determined to bring a steady hand to national security.

Yet the turmoil that has engulfed Afghanistan, which has led Mr. Biden to send 4,000 troops back to the country only weeks after he had taken 1,500 out, has confronted the White House with a crisis that could have lasting humanitarian and national-security consequences, former officials say.

“I think it is damning for him to have created this situation in his first significant action as commander in chief,” said Ryan Crocker, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan during the Obama administration and has worked under Democratic as well as Republican presidents.

“It’s an unforced error, and as an American I am deeply concerned.”

The Biden administration has been at pains to dispel the impression that this is a Saigon moment, referring to the frantic American departure from South Vietnam in 1975 that came to symbolize America’s defeat.

Yet while the White House insists the U.S. accomplished its main aims in Afghanistan, the consequences of the withdrawal, however, have come much more quickly than it anticipated.

Just last month, Mr. Biden told reporters that “the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

end quotes

Which calls into question Joe’s judgment, which in turn is leading to calls for his removal pursuant to the 25th Amendment, which takes us back to “Remarks by President Biden on the Drawdown of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan” on July 08, 2021, to wit:

East Room

2:09 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon.

Earlier today, I was briefed by our senior military and national security leaders on the status of the drawdown of U.S. forces and allied forces in Afghanistan.

When I announced our drawdown in April, I said we would be out by September, and we’re on track to meet that target.

Our military mission in Afghanistan will conclude on August 31st.

The drawdown is proceeding in a secure and orderly way, prioritizing the safety of our troops as they depart.

Our military commanders advised me that once I made the decision to end the war, we needed to move swiftly to conduct the main elements of the drawdown.

And in this context, speed is safety.

And thanks to the way in which we have managed our withdrawal, no one — no one U.S. forces or any forces have — have been lost.

Conducting our drawdown differently would have certainly come with a increased risk of safety to our personnel.

To me, those risks were unacceptable.

And there was never any doubt that our military would perform this task efficiently and with the highest level of professionalism.

That’s what they do.

And the same is true of our NATO Allies and partners who have supported — we are supporting, and supporting us as well, as they conclude their retrograde.

I want to be clear: The U.S. military mission in Afghanistan continues through the end of August.

We remain — we retain personnel and capacities in the country, and we maintain some authority — excuse me, the same authority under which we’ve been operating for some time.

As I said in April, the United States did what we went to do in Afghanistan: to get the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 and to deliver justice to Osama Bin Laden, and to degrade the terrorist threat to keep Afghanistan from becoming a base from which attacks could be continued against the United States.

We achieved those objectives.

That’s why we went.

We did not go to Afghanistan to nation-build.

And it’s the right and the responsibility of the Afghan people alone to decide their future and how they want to run their country.

Together, with our NATO Allies and partners, we have trained and equipped over three hu- — nearly 300,000 current serving members of the military — of the Afghan National Security Force, and many beyond that who are no longer serving.

Add to that, hundreds of thousands more Afghan National Defense and Security Forces trained over the last two decades.

We provided our Afghan partners with all the tools — let me emphasize: all the tools, training, and equipment of any modern military.

We provided advanced weaponry.

And we’re going to continue to provide funding and equipment.

And we’ll ensure they have the capacity to maintain their air force.

But most critically, as I stressed in my meeting just two weeks ago with President Ghani and Chairman Abdullah, Afghan leaders have to come together and drive toward a future that the Afghan people want and they deserve.

In our meeting, I also assured Ghani that U.S. support for the people of Afghanistan will endure.

We will continue to provide civilian and humanitarian assistance, including speaking out for the rights of women and girls.

I intend to maintain our diplomatic presedence [presence] in Afghanistan, and we are coordinating closely with our international partners in order to continue to secure the international airport.

And we’re going to engage in a determined diplomacy to pursue peace and a peace agreement that will end this senseless violence.

end quotes

What a difference a few days make.

Is Joe Biden truly goofy?

Or is he just out of touch with reality?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-405386
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR AUGUST 18, 2021 AT 5:36 PM

Paul Plante says:

As an American citizen who is neither a Democrat nor a Republican and has no psychological need to be either, I frankly am amazed that anybody in America ever took seriously anything Joe Biden has ever said about anything, which takes us to a CNN story entitled “Crisis of competence facing Joe Biden,” which is billed as an “Analysis” by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large, on 17 August 2021, where we had as follows:

At the heart of Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign was a single word: competence.

end quotes

And with respect to Joe Biden, the word “competence” was really quite empty and devoid of concrete meaning, because the only competence Joe Biden has ever displayed is in his unflagging ability to feed us copious amounts of pure Biden-esque BULL****, which takes us back to CNN, and you know the goofball is in serious trouble when CNN is raking him over the coals, to wit:

After four years of Donald Trump’s incompetence in, well, everything, the Biden argument was that the country badly needed a steady hand on the tiller — someone who had been there and done that.

Someone who didn’t need training to do the job.

Someone who was exactly the opposite of the guy currently in office.

And it worked.

Rather than see Biden’s age — he’s 78 — as a negative, plenty of voters believed his decades of experience were what the country needed in the post-Trump era.

Knowing how the federal bureaucracy worked mattered.

So did having good relationships with world leaders.

And having seen everything there was to see on both the domestic and foreign policy fronts.

end quotes

And those who believed that were fools, but in America, the vote of a fool is as good as the vote of a wise man, and given the plentitude of fools in America versus a dearth of wise men, Joe Biden as president was the result, which takes us back to CNN, to wit:

Seven months into his first term, however, Biden is faced with nothing short of a crisis of that competence, beset on a number of fronts with developments that it appears all of his experience and know-how didn’t prevent.

The glaring example is, of course, the rapid takeover of Afghanistan by the Taliban in the wake of Biden’s decision to pull American troops out of the country.

In announcing the end of the American military commitment in Afghanistan just over a month ago, Biden had proclaimed that “there’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States in Afghanistan.”

Except that over the weekend, images were beamed back to the United States of helicopters airlifting people from the parking lot of the US Embassy in Kabul.

And on Monday morning came even more devastating images: Afghans clinging to an American plane as it took off from the country.

The overwhelming message?

The situation was totally and completely out of control — and neither Biden nor his top foreign policy advisers could stop it.

end quotes

And there, people, is a real telling statement about the serious problem we have as a nation and as a people, thanks to all the fools out there who voted Joe Biden into office – we now have a government of morons, idiots, incompetents and fools at the national level as a result, which takes us back to CNN for this conclusion:

Biden’s promise to the American people was that his years in public life had best prepared him to avoid the chaos that defined the Trump era.

But at the moment, chaos is winning over competence.

And that is a major problem for Biden and his administration.

end quotes

Chaos is winning, people, precisely because all Joe Biden had to offer was hot air – he never had competence.

And so it goes!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-405386