OP-ED: ON "THE ARROGANCE OF POWER" REVISITED

thelivyjr
Site Admin

OP-ED: ON "THE ARROGANCE OF POWER" REVISITED

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 27, 2022

Op-Ed: On “The Arrogance of Power” Revisited

This opinion is special to the Mirror by Paul Plante.

Back in 1966, a different century in a different millennium that is considered pre-history by young Americans today who consider history beginning when they were born, and not a second before, this as Democrat LBJ’s crusade to force the Democrat’s “sacred democracy” on the People of Viet Nam with bayonets, bullets and B-52’s, a Democrat senator considered by many Democrats as “treasonous” or “traitorous” for not believing in LBJ, the leader of the Democrat party, compiled a series of lectures into a book entitled “The Arrogance of Power” which should be required reading for every American alive today.

That senator’s name was J. William Fulbright, who in 1966 was Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, a committee this present Democrat in the white house chaired from June 2001 to 2003 and 2007 to 2009, after becoming a ranking minority member in 1997.

Senator Fulbright, likely a name totally unknown today, served on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and then the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs for a period of time spanning the terms of office of five presidents, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson, and eight Secretaries of State to include Hull, Stettinius, Byrnes, Marshall, Acheson, Dulles, Herter and Rusk, and thus, had something to do with almost every important foreign policy issue from 1945 to 1966, at which time the book was published.

The Preface, written by Francis O. Wilcox, Dean, The Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, on 7 November 1966, this at a time when Joe Biden was attending Syracuse University College of Law, concludes by stating “Every thinking American who is really interested in our foreign policy, whether he be a hawk or a dove or, perhaps like many of us, finds himself somewhere in between, ought to read this important and challenging book.”

Which raises two important questions, to wit: are there any thinking people in America today, and did Joe Biden ever bother to read the book, which I seriously doubt, or if he did, he either completely disregarded it, or didn’t understand it, because it is about Joe’s botched-up foreign policy today in this regard – “Having done so much and succeeded so well, America is now at that historical point (this being 1966, and Viet Nam was just starting to heat up) at which a great nation is in danger of losing its perspective on what exactly is within the realm of its power, and what is beyond it,” and “Other great nations, reaching this critical juncture, have aspired to too much, and by over extension of effort have declined and then fallen.”

Today, people in this country, starting with Joe Biden, do not believe that that history would apply to us, because we have a sacred democracy and God loves us, and would never therefore let us fall, and it is a sacrilege to think otherwise.

The author continues by saying this: “The causes of the malady are not entirely clear but its recurrence is one of the uniformities of history: power tends to confuse itself with virtue and a great nation is peculiarly susceptible to the idea that its power is a sign of God’s favor, conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations – to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image,” and my goodness, but isn’t that so much like us right now today?

Continuing, the author goes on to say, “Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence,” that word meaning “the quality of having unlimited or very great power.”

“Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation immediately assumes that is has the means as well as the duty to do God’s work.”

“The Lord, after all, surely would not choose you as His agent and then deny you the sword with which to work his will.”

“German soldiers in the First World War wore belt buckles imprinted with the words ‘Gott mit uns.'”

“It was approximately under this kind of infatuation – an exaggerated sense of power and an imaginary sense of mission – that the Athenians attacked Syracuse and Napolean and then Hitler invaded Russia.”

“In plain words, they overextended their commitments and they came to grief.”

“I do not think for a moment (again, this is written in 1966, before Hussein Obama famously said on 28 September 2015 “I lead the strongest military that the world has ever known”) that America. with her democratic traditions, is likely to embark upon a campaign (even as Joe Biden is now embarking on just such a campaign) to dominate the world in the manner of a Hitler or Napolean.”

“What I do fear is that she may be drifting into commitments which, though generous and benevolent in intent, are so far-reaching as to exceed even America’s great capacities.”

“At the same time, it is my hope – and I emphasize it because it underlies all of the criticisms and proposals to be made in these pages – that America will escape those fatal temptations of power which have ruined other great nations and will instead confine herself to doing only that good in the world that she can do, both by direct effort and by the force of her own example.”

“The stakes are high indeed; they include not only America’s continued greatness but nothing less than the survival of the human race in an era when, for the first time in human history, a living generation has the power of veto over the survival of the next.”

As we fast-forward fifty-six (56) years into the future from there to here, where a corrupt idiot in Ukraine is calling for World War III and a madman in Washington, D.C. is marching the world towards that very goal, and taking the world with him into ashes, what say you, people of America, because if there are any thinking people left in America, they are likely to be found reading the Cape Charles Mirror, not the NYT or WaPo, what road are we now on?

Think about it, because the future is NOW, and courtesy of the Cape Charles Mirror, hopefully, we will get a chance to explore this serious subject further before Joe Biden blows us all to Hell!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... d/#respond
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: OP-ED: ON "THE ARROGANCE OF POWER" REVISITED

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 27, 2022 AT 11:19 AM

Paul Plante says:

Going back to the Preface of The Arrogance of Power written in 1966 by Senator J. William Fulbright, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee at that time, the author of the Preface, Francis O. Wilcox, Dean, The Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, has these following words to say, which it would behoove us well today to consider the ramifications of in our own times, where just yesterday, that being Saturday, 26 March 2022, Joe Biden, the “president” of the United States, in the words of the Washington Post, sparked a global uproar in the middle of a war by calling for Russian President Vladimir Putin to be pushed out of office, saying like an arrogant fool, “For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”:

“It is not my purpose in these pages to review Senator Fulbright’s book but I cannot resist the temptation to say a few words about it.”

“His thesis can be simply put.”

“He rightly points out that many great empires in the past have collapsed because their leaders did not have the wisdom and the good judgment to use their power wisely and well.”

end quotes

And given that just yesterday, that being 26 March 2022, Joe Biden gave those of us who are “thinking people” in America something to have to think about, that being that Joe Biden really does not have the wisdom and the good judgment to use his power wisely and well, that is if we care about our country and our families, and our grandchildren, all of which are put at risk by Joe Biden, since we have the Washington Post story titled “How Biden sparked a global uproar with nine ad-libbed words about Putin” by Tyler Pager and Matt Viser on 26 March 2022 to hand, let us stay with that for the moment, while at the same time keeping in mind that there is also a published transcript of Joe’s Royal Palace speech in Poland available to us, which I have read word for word for word, not taking one sentence out of it without context.

Going back to the Washington Post article, this is part of what it had to say, to wit:

It (“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”) was a remarkable statement that would reverse stated U.S. policy, directly countering claims from senior administration officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who have insisted regime change is not on the table.

It went further than even U.S. presidents during the Cold War, and immediately reverberated around the world as world leaders, diplomats, and foreign policy experts sought to determine what Biden said, what it meant — and, if he didn’t mean it, why he said it.

end quotes

If that is the case, then these world leaders, diplomats, and foreign policy experts seeking to determine what Biden said, what it meant, and, if he didn’t mean it, why he said it, have to be pretty dense, or they were sleeping through most of the speech, which is entirely possible, given that Joe is a boring droner, because this is what Joe Biden did say in addition to that closing remark, and these were his opening remarks, to wit:

“Be not afraid.”

These were the first words that the first public address of the first Polish pope after his election in October of 1978, they were the words who would come to define Pope John Paul II.

Words that would change the world.

John Paul brought the message here to Warsaw in his first trip back home as pope in June of 1979.

It was a message about the power, the power of faith, the power of resilience, the power of the people.

In the face of a cruel and brutal system of government, it was a message that helped end the Soviet repression in the central land in Eastern Europe 30 years ago.

It was a message that we’ll overcome the cruelty and brutality of this unjust war.

When Pope John Paul brought that message in 1979, the Soviet Union ruled with an iron fist behind an Iron Curtain.

end quotes

Now, I am a combat veteran, and I don’t need to be told by Joe Biden, who evaded military service back in the VEET NAM times, to be not afraid, because it is not my habit to be afraid, but if I were to be afraid of something, anything, it would be the power that Joe Biden has been given by the Democrats who put him into office to make of this world a cinder.

By starting his speech with those words about “a cruel and brutal system of government,” and “we’ll overcome the cruelty and brutality of this unjust war,” and the Soviet Union, which doesn’t exist anymore, “ruling” with an iron fist “behind an Iron Curtain,” which also doesn’t exist anymore, Joe made it very clear to me, who read every other word in between the opening and closing lines, that when Joe concluded by saying “For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Joe was not ad-libbing at all, as his bootlickers, lickspittles and sycophants would have us believe.

To the contrary, as was the case when he and Hussein Obama told Gaddafi he couldn’t rule in Libya, and then told Basher Assad that he couldn’t rule in Syria, Joe intends to use our military might to remove Putin, and I base that on these following words from out of the mouth of Joe Biden on 26 March 2022, to wit:

Ten years later, the Soviet Union collapsed and Poland and Central and Eastern Europe would soon be free.

Nothing about that battle for freedom was simple or easy.

It was a long, painful slog.

Fought over not days and months but years and decades.

But we emerged anew in the great battle for freedom.

A battle between democracy and autocracy.

Between liberty and repression.

Between a rules-based order and one governed by brute force.

In this battle, we need to be clear-eyed.

This battle will not be won in days or months either.

We need to steel ourselves of a long fight ahead.

end quotes

And with those words from out of the mouth of Joe Biden before us, I’m going to pause here to let the import of those words sink into the reader without me saying what they mean, because in all truth, they speak for themselves – Joe Biden is proposing and promising a world war.

But, as I said, the Cape Charles Mirror is the last refuge of thinking people in America, so think about what you think those words mean, and after a break for station identification, we will be right back!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-587587
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 27, 2022 AT 10:28 PM

Paul Plante says:

And while we all wonder where Joe Biden as president of the United States is getting all this taxpayer money from to lavish on weapons for Ukraine, and believe me, Joe Biden is very willing to waste the people of Ukraine to the last man, woman and child, like Democrat Lyndon Baines Johnson was willing to waste the people of Viet Nam, on the alter of his massive ego, which is what this really is all about, how great Joe Biden is, and to prove that greatness, well, somebody has to suffer, that being the people of Ukraine right now, let’s drop back for a moment into our own history and another out-of-control Democrat handed a Blank Check to wage war by the congress, just as Joe seems to have been given a Blank Check, as well, to pp. 50-2 of “The Arrogance of Power” by Senator J. William Fulbright written in 1966 as the Viet Nam war was just starting to get really hot, where we have an example of what we are confronted with right now, where Joe Biden appears to have no checks nor balances imposed on him by the congress or people of this country, to wit:

The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution

Almost nine months before the Dominican intervention, on August 5, 1964, the Congress received an urgent request from President Johnson for the immediate adoption of a joint resolution regarding Southeast Asia.

On August 2 the United States destroyer Maddox had reportedly been attacked without provocation by North Vietnamese torpedo boats in the Gulf of Tonkin, and on August 4 the Maddox and another destroyer, the C. Turner Joy, had reportedly been attacked again by North Vietnamese torpedo boats in international waters.

In addition to endorsing the President’s action in ordering the Seventh Fleet and its air units to take action against the North Vietnamese attacks, the resolution authorized the President “to take all necessary steps, including the use of armed force,” against aggression in Southeast Asia.

Once again Congress was asked to show its support for the President in a crisis; once again, without questions or hesitation, it did so.

The Senate Foreign Relations and Armed Services Committees endorsed the resolution after perfunctory hearings and with only one dissenting vote on the morning of August 6.

After a brief floor debate the resolution was adopted by the Senate on August 7 by a vote of 88 to 2 and by the House of Representatives on the same day by a vote of 416 to 0.

The joint resolution of August 7, 1964, was a blank check – so it has been interpreted – signed by the Congress in an atmosphere of urgency that seemed at the time to preclude debate.

Since its adoption the Administration has converted the Vietnamese conflict from a civil war in which some American advisors were involved to a major international war in which the principal fighting unit is an American army of hundreds of thousands of men.

Each time Senators have raised questions about successive escalations of the war, we have had the blank check of August 7, 1994, waved in our faces as supposed evidence of the overwhelming support of the Congress for a policy in Southeast Asia which in fact has been radically changed since the summer of 1964.

We have also been told that we can exercise the option to withdraw the support expressed in the resolution at any time by concurrent resolution – an option so distasteful to most members of Congress, because it would surely be interpreted abroad as a repudiation of the President’s leadership, as to be no option at all.

Still, when the Senate on March 1, 1966, tabled Senator Morse’s motion to rescind the resolution, the Administration chose to interpret this vote as an endorsement of his policy in Vietnam.

All this is very frustrating to some of us in the Senate but we have only ourselves to blame.

Had we met out responsibilities of careful examination of a presidential request, had the Senate Foreign Relations Committee held hearings on the resolution before recommending its adoption, had the Senate debated the resolution and considered its implications before giving its overwhelming approval, and specifically had we investigated carefully and thoroughly the alleged unprovoked attacks on our ships, we might have put limits and qualifications on our endorsement of future uses of force in Southeast Asia, if not in the resolution itself then in the legislative history preceding its adoption.

As it was, only Senators Morse of Oregon and Gruening of Alaska opposed the resolution.

As Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, I served as floor manager of the Southeast Asia resolution and did all I could to bring about its prompt and overwhelming adoption.

I did so because I was confident that President Johnson would use our endorsement with wisdom and restraint.

I was also influenced by partisanship: an election campaign was in progress and I had no wish to make any difficulties for the President in his race against a Republic candidate whose election I thought would be a disaster for the country.

My role in the adoption of the resolution of August 7, 1964 is a source of neither pleasure nor pride to me today.

Many Senators who accepted the Gulf of Tonkin resolution without question might well not have done so had they foreseen that it would subsequently be interpreted as a sweeping Congressional endorsement for the conduct of a large-scale war in Asia.

Literally, it can be so interpreted, but it must be remembered that the resolution was adopted during an election campaign in which the President was telling the American people that it would be a mistake for the United States to become involved in a major war in Asia, while criticizing his opponent for proposing just that.

This may explain the perfunctory debate of August 1964 but hardly excuses the Congress for granting such sweeping authority with so little deliberation.

It was a mistake which I trust will not soon be repeated.

end quotes

Has the mistake just been repeated again?

Has Joe Biden been handed a Blank Check by the Democrats to start World War Three?

Seems so to me, anyway.

So who wants to be the first to die for Joe Biden’s lies?

Who wants to be the first on the block this time around to get their son or daughter in the military back home in a box for the glory of Joe Biden?

Think about it, people, those capable of thought, for the future is right now!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-587973
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 28, 2022 AT 6:33 PM

Paul Plante says:

In the section titled “The Power Drive of Nations” of the book The Arrogance of Power written by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1966 as the Viet Nam war was just starting to get really hot, the author wrote as follows, as if speaking to us from across the gulf of time between that war and this one, to wit:

When the abstractions and subtleties of political science have been exhausted, there remain the most basic unanswered questions about war and peace and why nations contest the issues they contest and why they even care about them.

end quotes

As a Viet Nam veteran who believed the lies being told us by the government (I don’t call it “our” government, anymore, because it is not and has not been for some long time now) at that time, including this Tonkin Gulf Resolution, I think nations “contest” the issues that they do because those who “rule” are essentially stupid and dull thinkers, if thinkers at all, and they get some idea in their head for whatever reason, lately in this country, the fad is their “legacy,” which means they need a war or two or more under their belt to excel over other “leaders” when the history books are written, and once they do get that idea in their head, they drag the nation along with them, and people die, so the “leader” can feel like a strong and powerful man, instead of a weak fool.

For another viewpoint on that subject of why nations like ours go to war so often, because mine above is simply my own based on my observations and readings of history, Aldous Leonard Huxley (26 July 1894 – 22 November 1963), an English writer and philosopher widely acknowledged as one of the foremost intellectuals of his time, wrote as follows:

There may be arguments about the best way of raising wheat in a cold climate or of re-afforesting a denuded mountain.

But such arguments never lead to organized slaughter.

Organized slaughter is the result of arguments about such questions as the following:

Which is the best nation?

The best religion?

The best political theory?

The best form of government?

Why are other people so stupid and wicked?

Why can’t they see how good and intelligent we are?

Why do they resist our beneficent efforts to bring them under our control and make them like ourselves?

end quotes

As to the Vietnamese, who had a much older culture than ours that was distinctly and uniquely theirs, they were very happy being Vietnamese and didn’t want to be like us, because they saw nothing in it for them, and that is why they had to die, because somebody, anybody, who doesn’t want to be controlled by us and made into clones of us cannot be any good, and thus, have to be the enemy that needs killing.

And that takes us back to 26 March 2022, and Joe Biden’s speech in Poland at the Royal Castle, where we had Joe going on as follows, to wit:

We are [applause], we are gathered here at the royal castle in this city that holds the sacred place in the history of not only of Europe but human kind’s unending search for freedom.

end quotes

“Holds the sacred place of not only the history of Europe?”

What “sacred” place, people?

What is this continual talk from Joe Biden about things being “sacred,” which word means “connected with the gods or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration,” or “religious rather than secular,” or “embodying the laws or doctrines of a religion.”

I’m an American, and there is absolutely nothing about the history or Europe, as bloody and repressive as it is, that is in any way “sacred” to me.

And that brings us further along to this message to the people of Russia from Joe Biden on 26 March 2022, to wit:

Let us resolve to put the strength of democracies into action to thwart the designs of autocracy.

Let us remember that the test of this moment is the test of all time.

A criminal wants to portray NATO enlargement as an imperial project aimed at destabilizing Russia.

Nothing is further from the truth.

Russia was bent on violence from the start.

There’s simply no justification or provocation for Russia’s choice of war.

It’s an example, one of the oldest human impulses, using brute force and disinformation to satisfy a craving for absolute power and control.

It’s nothing less than a direct challenge to the rule-based international order established since the end of World War II.

And it threatens to return to decades of war that ravaged Europe before the international rule-based order was put in place.

We cannot go back to that.

We cannot.

The gravity of the threat is why the response of the West has been so swift and so powerful and so unified, unprecedented and overwhelming.

Swift and punishing costs are the only thing that are going to get Russia to change its course.

Within days of his invasion, the West has moved jointly with sanctions to damage Russia’s economy.

Russia’s Central Bank is now blocked from global financial systems, denying Kremlin’s access to the war fund that’s stashed around the globe.

We have aimed at the heart of Russia’s economy by stopping the imports of Russian energy to the United States.

To date, the United States has sanctioned 140 Russian oligarchs and their family members, seizing their ill-begotten gains, their yachts, their luxury apartments, their mansions.

We’ve sanctioned more than 400 Russian government officials, including key architects of this war.

These officials and oligarchs have reaped enormous benefit from the corruption connected to the Kremlin.

And now they have to share in the pain.

As a result of these unprecedented sanctions, the ruble almost is immediately reduced to rubble.

The Russian economy — that’s true, by the way, it takes about 200 rubles to equal $1.

The economy is on track to be cut in half in the coming years.

It was ranked, Russia’s economy was ranked the 11th biggest economy in the world before this invasion.

It will soon not even rank among the top 20 in the world.

Taken together [applause] these economic sanctions, a new kind of economic statecraft with the power to inflict damage that rivals military might.

These international sanctions are sapping Russian strength, its ability to replenish its military, and its ability to project power.

And it’s Putin, it is Vladimir Putin who is to blame.

Period.

Which brings me to my message to the Russian people.

I worked with Russian leaders for decades.

I sat across the negotiating table going all the way back to Soviet Alexei Kosygin to talk arms control at the height of the Cold War.

I’ve always spoken directly and honestly to you, the Russian people.

Let me say this, if you’re able to listen.

You, the Russian people, are not our enemy.

I refuse to believe that you welcome the killing of innocent children and grandparents, or that you accept hospitals, schools, maternity wards and for God sake’s being pummeled with Russian missiles and bombs.

Or cities being surrounded so that civilians cannot flee.

Supplies cut off and attempting to starve Ukrainians into submission.

Millions of families are being driven from their homes, including half of all Ukraine’s children.

These are not the actions of a great nation.

Of all people, you, the Russian people, as well as all people across Europe still have the memory of being in a similar situation in the late ’30s and ’40s.

Situation in World War II still fresh in the minds of many grandparents in the region.

Whatever your generation experienced, whether it experienced the siege of Leningrad or heard about it from your parents and grandparents.

Train stations overflowing with terrified families fleeing their homes.

Nights sheltering in basements and cellars.

Mornings sifting through the rubble in your homes.

These are not memories of the past.

Not anymore.

Because it’s exactly what the Russian army is doing in Ukraine right now.

March 26, 2022, just days before we’re at the 21 — you were a 21st century nation, with hopes and dreams that people all over the world have for themselves and their family.

Now, Vladimir Putin’s aggression have cut you, the Russian people, off from the rest of the world, and it’s taking Russia back to the 19th century.

This is not who you are.

This is not the future you deserve for your families and your children.

I’m telling you the truth, this war is not worthy of you, the Russian people.

Putin can and must end this war.

The American people will stand with you, and the brave citizens of Ukraine who want peace.

end quotes

And there we have it, people, straight from the mouth of Joe Biden – if the people of Russia will pass under the yoke and submit to Joe Biden as their true and acknowledged leader, instead of Putin, he will not consider them his enemies.

Such a deal!

Will they buy into it and reject a Putin for a Biden instead?

Stay tuned is all I can say.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-588685
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 29, 2022 AT 9:02 PM

Paul Plante says:

Continuing on in the section titled “The Power Drive of Nations” of the book The Arrogance of Power written by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1966, the author wrote as follows, again as if speaking to us from across the gulf of time between Democrat Lyndon Baines Johnson’s proxy war against his hated and feared rival, Russia, using the people of Viet Nam as his playing pieces, and this one, Joe Biden’s proxy war against his hated and feared rival, Russia, using the people of Ukraine as his playing pieces, to wit:

The more I puzzle over the great wars of history, the more I am inclined to the view that the causes attributed to them – territory, markets, resources, the defense or perpetuation of great principles – were not the root causes at all but rather explanations or excuses for certain unfathomable drives of human nature.

For lack of a clear and precise understanding of exactly what these motives are, I refer to them as the “arrogance of power” – as a psychological need that nations seem to have in order to prove that they are bigger, better, or stronger than other nations.

Implicit in this drive is the assumption, even on the part of normally peaceful nations, that force is the ultimate proof of superiority – that when a nation shows it has the stronger army, it is also proving that it has better people, better institutions, better principles, and, in general, a better civilization.

end quotes

Which takes us back to 25 March 2022, and Remarks by President Biden During Visit with Service Members of the 82nd Airborne Division, where we had Joe telling the world that it really is he who has the strongest army, and by extension, that he has better people, better institutions, better principles, and, in general, a better civilization than anyone else on the planet that does not have a sacred democracy like Joe has, as follows:

And as I said to the group in the dining room — you call it the chow, mess hall — the fact of the matter is that you are the finest — this is not hyperbole — you are the finest fighting force in the history of the world.

Let me say it again: the finest fighting force in the history of the world.

end quotes

That was right after Joe told them this:

We’re in the midst of — and I don’t want to sound too philosophic here — but you’re in the midst of a fight between democracies and oligarchs.

end quotes

And that comment brings us to a New York Times article titled “After Biden’s Fiery Speech, Nine Unscripted Words Reverberate” by Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Emily Cochrane on 27 March 2022, where we have as follows:

WASHINGTON — President Biden’s high-stakes speech in Warsaw on Saturday was crafted with the intent of throwing the full weight of the United States behind its European allies, while framing the Russian invasion of Ukraine as part of a global “battle between democracy and autocracy.”

And although the forceful denunciation of President Vladimir V. Putin’s war resonated with some leaders, it was an unprompted ad-lib that captured the attention of foreign policy experts, members of Congress and NATO allies.

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Mr. Biden declared, a comment that two White House officials said was not included in the president’s prepared speech.

Even as top administration officials spent Sunday walking back Mr. Biden’s remarks, the statement had already sent ripple effects throughout the world, highlighting just how powerful nine unprompted words from the president can be, particularly during a foreign policy crisis.

Taken literally, the remark meant the United States would be reversing a policy of not pushing for regime change.

Mr. Biden’s staff felt as if it had little choice but to play down the off-the-cuff comment.

“We do not have a strategy of regime change in Russia or anywhere else, for that matter,” Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken said in Jerusalem after meeting with Israel’s foreign minister, Yair Lapid.

“In this case, as in any case, it’s up to the people of the country in question.”

“It’s up to the Russian people.”

end quotes

And to anybody in this country with a working memory of more than two or three minutes, that comment from the highly arrogant and very ignorant Tony Blinken, born April 16, 1962, who attended the Dalton School, a private, coeducational college preparatory school in New York City, until 1971, and then École Jeannine Manuel, a private highly selective and co-educational day school in Paris founded in 1954 by Jeannine Manuel, and then Harvard, of course, where this nation’s “quality” people go to school, where Tony majored in social studies, before going on to Columbia Law School, widely regarded by people like Tony Blinken and that ilk as one of the most prestigious law schools in the world, especially well known for its strength in corporate law and its placement power in the nation’s elite law firms, for the precious and sacred J.D., that we “do not have a strategy of regime change in Russia or anywhere else, for that matter,” is pure ignorant bull**** as we can see in this video titled “Obama and Erdogan: Syria’s Assad Must Go” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvvqrwwkSlM , and when you listen to Obama back then, after he and Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden had made a real mess out of Syria, and listen to what Joe Biden was saying in Poland on 26 March 2022, it is essentially the same speech.

So who, besides the stupid and ignorant media in this country, and the stupid and ignorant people in this country who get their information from that stupid and ignorant media, does this Tony Blinken think he can get away with lying to, about us not having a policy of regime change?

Does he think we are all stupid, because he and Joe Biden are stupid?

And how about this White House press release from August 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM titled “President Obama: ‘The future of Syria must be determined by its people, but President Bashar al-Assad is standing in their way'” where we had as follows, keeping in mind that from 2009 to 2013, Tony Blinken was Deputy Assistant to the Hussein Obama and National Security Advisor to Joe Biden after Blinken worked for Joe Biden’s presidential campaign in 2008, to wit:

Today, President Obama called for the President of Syria, Bashar al-Assad, to step aside and took the strongest financial action against the Syrian regime thus far.

Here is President Obama’s full statement on the situation in Syria:

The United States has been inspired by the Syrian peoples’ pursuit of a peaceful transition to democracy.

They have braved ferocious brutality at the hands of their government.

They have spoken with their peaceful marches, their silent shaming of the Syrian regime, and their courageous persistence in the face of brutality – day after day, week after week.

The Syrian government has responded with a sustained onslaught.

I strongly condemn this brutality, including the disgraceful attacks on Syrian civilians in cities like Hama and Deir al Zour, and the arrests of opposition figures who have been denied justice and subjected to torture at the hands of the regime.

These violations of the universal rights of the Syrian people have revealed to Syria, the region, and the world the Assad government’s flagrant disrespect for the dignity of the Syrian people.

The United States opposes the use of violence against peaceful protesters in Syria, and we support the universal rights of the Syrian people.

We have imposed sanctions on President Assad and his government.

The European Union has imposed sanctions as well.

We helped lead an effort at the UN Security Council to condemn Syria’s actions.

We have coordinated closely with allies and partners from the region and around the world.

The Assad government has now been condemned by countries in all parts of the globe, and can look only to Iran for support for its brutal and unjust crackdown.

The future of Syria must be determined by its people, but President Bashar al-Assad is standing in their way.

His calls for dialogue and reform have rung hollow while he is imprisoning, torturing, and slaughtering his own people.

We have consistently said that President Assad must lead a democratic transition or get out of the way.

He has not led.

For the sake of the Syrian people, the time has come for President Assad to step aside.

The United States cannot and will not impose this transition upon Syria.

It is up to the Syrian people to choose their own leaders, and we have heard their strong desire that there not be foreign intervention in their movement.

What the United States will support is an effort to bring about a Syria that is democratic, just, and inclusive for all Syrians.

We will support this outcome by pressuring President Assad to get out of the way of this transition, and standing up for the universal rights of the Syrian people along with others in the international community.

As a part of that effort, my Administration is announcing unprecedented sanctions to deepen the financial isolation of the Assad regime and further disrupt its ability to finance a campaign of violence against the Syrian people.

I have signed a new Executive Order requiring the immediate freeze of all assets of the Government of Syria subject to U.S. jurisdiction and prohibiting U.S. persons from engaging in any transaction involving the Government of Syria.

This E.O. also bans U.S. imports of Syrian-origin petroleum or petroleum products; prohibits U.S. persons from having any dealings in or related to Syria’s petroleum or petroleum products; and prohibits U.S. persons from operating or investing in Syria.

We expect today’s actions to be amplified by others.

We recognize that it will take time for the Syrian people to achieve the justice they deserve.

There will be more struggle and sacrifice.

It is clear that President Assad believes that he can silence the voices of his people by resorting to the repressive tactics of the past.

But he is wrong.

As we have learned these last several months, sometimes the way things have been is not the way that they will be.

It is time for the Syrian people to determine their own destiny, and we will continue to stand firmly on their side.

end quotes

Compare that speech to what Joe Biden is saying today about Ukraine, and it is the same exact thing.

So does the United States of America have a policy of regime change?

Or is that a myth cooked up by people who don’t like Joe Biden?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-589585
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 30, 2022 AT 5:46 PM

Paul Plante says:

And here, since I am clearly what could be called a dissenting party to what Joe Biden is doing in Ukraine, which is using the people of Ukraine as his proxies, wasting their lives and their country so he can make himself look all-powerful, while making Putin of Russia look small, I would like to go to that section of the book The Arrogance of Power written by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1966, titled “The Citizen and the University,” where the author wrote as follows, to wit:

To criticize one’s country is to do it a service and pay it a compliment.

end quotes

Does anyone today, fifty-six (56) years later, reading those words written in 1966, that criticizing one’s country is doing it a service and paying it a compliment, believe that that is a true statement?

Or is it a case today of being disloyal, and traitorous and treasonous by being critical of Joe Biden, Tony Blinken and Jake Sullivan, the goofy looking one with the thin head who is Joe Biden’s designated “FOREIGN POLICY TOUGH GUY” who told NBC’s Meet the Press on or about 14 March 2022 that, “We have made it clear not just to Beijing but to every country in the world that if they think that they can basically bail Russia out, they can give Russia a workaround to the sanctions that we’ve imposed, they should have another thing coming, because we will ensure that neither China nor anyone else can compensate Russia for these losses,” which means America is now committed to putting a major league ass-whupping on China if China dares to disobey Jake Sullivan, who speaks with the full power and authority of Joe Biden himself, which is how ignorant fools with swelled heads who think themselves in their madness and delusions to be all-powerful, start world wars?

Going back to 1966, how did the author justify those words back then?

Did he even make the attempt, and for that answer, I say let’s go see, to wit:

It is a service because it may spur the country to do better than it is doing; it is a compliment because it evidences a belief that the country can do better than it is doing.

end quotes

And once again, is that true in 2022?

Or have times changed that much that in the United States of America, dissent against the policies of Joe Biden is akin to a crime against sacred democracy?

With that red meat before us, let us go back to the book to see what was being thought on that subject in 1966, to wit:

In a democracy, dissent is an act of faith.

Criticism, in short, is more than a right; it is an act of patriotism, a higher form of patriotism, I believe, than the familiar rituals of national adulation.

end quotes

That people, was in 1966, before too many people today were even born, and any “familiar rituals of national adulation” there were back then belong to a by-gone era, and today, it is not familiar rituals of yesterday we are asked to adulate.

Far to the contrary, what we are to adulate today is Joe Biden, that is if we don’t want to be labeled by him a DREG OF SOCIETY for not bending the knee to Joe as SUPREME LEADER while tugging our forelocks in supplication.

So which way have we gone, people, as a nation?

Uphill towards a brighter better future when Joe Biden is finally free of dissenters so he can build back America better as only he knows how to do?

Or have we slid downhill into despotism?

And now, we’ll pause for a station break, and settle in, people, for an unbroken ten full minutes of your very favorite commercials that you cannot live without!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-590189
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR MARCH 31, 2022 AT 6:24 PM

Paul Plante says:

Going back, for a moment to the section of the book The Arrogance of Power written by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1966 titled “The Power Drive of Nations,” where the author stated that the more he puzzled over the great wars of history, the more he was inclined to the view that the causes attributed to them were not the root causes at all but rather explanations or excuses for certain unfathomable drives of human nature which he referred to as the “arrogance of power” – as a psychological need that “leaders” of nations like Joe Biden seem to have in order to prove that they are bigger, better, or stronger than the “leaders” of other nations, in this case, primarily Putin of Russia and Xi Jinping of China, for a vivid example of what the “arrogance of power” looks like in this day and age of Biden, Blinken and Nod (Jake Sullivan) who sailed off in a wooden shoe along with Wally Adeyemo, sailing on a river of crystal light into a sea of dew, let’s go back to 25 March 2022 and Remarks by President Biden During Visit with Service Members of the 82nd Airborne Division, where we had Joe speaking on the record about his personal arrogance of power, as follows:

I spent a lot of time in Ukraine when I was a senator and Vice President.

I’ve spoken to the Rada in the days when they, in fact, didn’t have what you’d call a democracy, and was there in the Maidan when the former leader had to take off and head into Russia.

end quotes

Now, does anyone today reading these words know what Joe is talking about and admitting to when he says he was “there in the Maidan when the former leader had to take off and head into Russia?”

Who and what is he talking about with respect to him being there when the “former leader had to take off and head into Russia.”

As to the Maidan, and given Joe and son Hunter’s relationship with Ukraine thereafter, it is interesting that Joe makes that admission to the troops in Poland on 25 March 2022, as if arrogantly bragging up his role as Obama’s vice president in meddling in the internal affairs of Ukraine in order to provoke the unrest which can rightly be called an insurrection (sound familiar, anyone) to accomplish a coup, which Joe actually did, it is a reference to the Maidan protest movement, which began when Ukraine’s pro-European trajectory was abruptly halted in November 2013, when a planned association agreement with the EU was scuttled just days before it was scheduled to be signed.

According to the Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica, the accord would have more closely integrated political and economic ties between the EU and Ukraine, but Yanukovych, the “former leader” who thanks to what can be called the Biden Insurrection and Coup in Ukraine, had to take off and head into Russia in fear of his life thanks to Joe Biden, bowed to intense pressure from Moscow and scrapped the deal, which of course seriously pissed off Joe Biden, and marked the end of that dude’s days as ruler of Ukraine.

As a direct result of Joe Biden’s meddling and the violent insurrection he provoked, with his gangs attacking public buildings, street protests erupted in Kyiv, and Lutsenko and Klitschko emerged as the leaders of the largest demonstrations since the Orange Revolution.

Police violently dispersed crowds in Kyiv’s Maidan Nezalezhnosti (“Independence Square”), and, as the protests continued into December, demonstrators occupied Kyiv’s city hall and called on Yanukovych to resign.

Russia, in turn, offered to cut the price of natural gas and purchase $15 billion in Ukrainian bonds to prop up the country’s faltering economy.

As demonstrations gave way to rioting in January 2014, Yanukovych signed a series of laws restricting the right to protest, and hundreds of thousands took to the streets of Kyiv in response.

Bloody clashes between police and protesters ensued, with dozens injured on each side.

With respect to the Biden Insurrection in Ukraine, which Joe calls “democracy.” protesters in the western Ukrainian cities of Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk seized government buildings (democracy Biden-style in action), and EU officials threatened sanctions against Ukraine unless the Yanukovych administration took steps to de-escalate the violence.

The proposed truce failed to materialize, and on February 20 violence in Kyiv escalated dramatically, with police and government security forces firing on crowds of protesters.

Scores were killed, hundreds were injured, and EU leaders made good on their promise to enact sanctions against Ukraine.

Getting back to the Biden Insurrection, central government control continued to erode in western Ukraine, as opposition forces occupied police stations and government offices in Lutsk, Uzhhorod, and Ternopil, which is more Biden-esque “democracy” in action.

The bloodiest week in Ukraine’s post-Soviet history concluded on February 21 with an EU-brokered agreement between Yanukovych and opposition leaders that called for early elections and the formation of an interim unity government.

The parliament responded by overwhelmingly approving the restoration of the 2004 constitution, thus reducing the power of the presidency.

In subsequent votes, the parliament approved a measure granting full amnesty to protesters, fired internal affairs minister Vitaliy Zakharchenko for his role in ordering the crackdown on the Maidan, and decriminalized elements of the legal code under which Tymoshenko had been prosecuted.

Yanukovych, his power base crumbling, fled the capital ahead of an impeachment vote that stripped him of his powers as president.

Meanwhile, Tymoshenko, who had been released from prison, traveled to Kyiv, where she delivered an impassioned speech to the crowd assembled in the Maidan.

Fatherland deputy leader Oleksandr Turchynov was appointed acting president, a move that Yanukovych decried as a coup d’état.

On February 24 the interim government charged Yanukovych with mass murder in connection with the deaths of the Maidan protesters and issued a warrant for his arrest.

The interim Ukrainian government installed Fatherland leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk as prime minister, and early presidential elections were scheduled for May 2014.

Yanukovych resurfaced on February 28 in Rostov-na-Donu, Russia, and he delivered a defiant speech in Russian, insisting that he was still the rightful president of Ukraine.

Then, as pro-Russian protesters became increasingly assertive in Crimea, groups of armed men whose uniforms lacked any clear identifying marks surrounded the airports in Simferopol and Sevastopol while masked gunmen occupied the Crimean parliament building and raised a Russian flag, as pro-Russian lawmakers dismissed the sitting government and installed Sergey Aksyonov, the leader of the Russian Unity Party, as Crimea’s prime minister.

Voice and data links between Crimea and Ukraine were severed, and Russian authorities acknowledged that they had moved troops into the region.

Turchynov criticized the action as a provocation and a violation of Ukrainian sovereignty, while Russian Pres. Vladimir Putin characterized it as an effort to protect Russian citizens and military assets in Crimea.

Aksyonov declared that he, and not the government in Kyiv, was in command of Ukrainian police and military forces in Crimea.

On March 6 the Crimean parliament voted to secede from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation, with a public referendum on the matter scheduled for March 16, 2014.

The move was hailed by Russia and broadly condemned in the West.

Meanwhile, Yatsenyuk affirmed Kyiv’s position that Crimea was an integral part of Ukraine.

end quotes

And there, people, we have a real good look at what the arrogance of power by Joe Biden looks like in real life, and there, we also see the roots of this present conflict in Ukraine, which is very much the result of Joe Biden arrogantly meddling in the internal affairs of Ukraine while Hussein Obama’s vice president, and which is very much Joe Biden’s war in Ukraine, where Putin is but a bit player in the drama, while Joe Biden is the star.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-590721
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 1, 2022 AT 8:58 PM

Paul Plante says:

And as we consider the indisputable fact of Joe Biden meddling in the internal affairs of Ukraine while Hussein Obama’s vice president in order to provoke an insurrection in that country and a coup against the nation’s pro-Putin leader, which is what Joe did, and this goofy looking, arrogant as all get out Jake Sullivan with his thin head telling NBC’s Meet the Press on or about 14 March 2022 that, “We have made it clear not just to Beijing but to every country in the world that if they think that they can basically bail Russia out, they can give Russia a workaround to the sanctions that we’ve imposed, they should have another thing coming, because we will ensure that neither China nor anyone else can compensate Russia for these losses,” without being explicit as to exactly who the “we” are that are going to be able to do that, and how, let us for a moment go to the section of the book The Arrogance of Power written by Senator J. William Fulbright in 1966 titled “American Empire or American Example,” where we have as follows to consider with regard to Joe Biden’s bellicose, belligerent and Jingoistic (characterized by extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy) foreign policy, to wit:

Despite its dangerous and unproductive consequences, the idea of being responsible for the whole world seems to be flattering to Americans and I am afraid that it is turning our heads, just as the sense of universal responsibility turned the heads of ancient Romans and nineteenth-century British.

end quotes

As a veteran of Democrat Lyndon Baines Johnson’s crusade to force Democrat-style “democracy” down the throats of the Vietnamese, I would modify that by saying the idea of being responsible for the whole world seems to be flattering to those Americans who will never have to stir themselves from their living room couch to have to go and be the one doing the hard work of making that happen in a world where the other people are happy not being cared for by the United States of America, and the hack politicians who pander to those couch potatoes by giving them a war they can watch in their own living rooms where it is very safe for them to do so, especially on the commercial breaks, where they can raid the fridge for their next snack before the killing begins all over again, in full stereo and surround sound, which makes it like you are really there, even when you really are not.

Getting back to the article, it continues as follows:

What romantic nonsense this is.

And what dangerous nonsense in the age of nuclear weapons.

The idea of an “American Empire” might be dismissed as the arrant imagining of a British Gunga Din except that it surely strokes a responsive chord in at least a corner of the usually sensible and humane American mind.

end quotes

But seriously, people, can a mind bent on world domination, and yes, here we are talking about Joe Biden, in his eyes God’s perfection and Chosen One down here on earth to lead us from wickedness and show us the error of our ways, be called “sensible,” where “sensible” is supposed to mean “chosen in accordance with wisdom or prudence?”

And here, who comes to mind is a Roman named Crassus, an earlier version of our Joe Biden, who epitomizes the term “the arrogance of power!”

Marcus Licinius Crassus (115 – 53 BC) was a Roman general and statesman who played a key role in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire in the same way Joe Biden is trying to turn the American Republic into the American Empire with Joe Biden as its head.

As to Crassus, he is often called “the richest man in Rome,” and he began his public career as a military commander under Lucius Cornelius Sulla during his civil war.

Following Sulla’s assumption of the dictatorship, Crassus amassed an enormous fortune through real estate speculation and he rose to political prominence following his victory over the slave revolt led by Spartacus, sharing the consulship with his rival Pompey the Great.

A political and financial patron of Julius Caesar, Crassus joined Caesar and Pompey in the unofficial political alliance known as the First Triumvirate.

Together, the three men dominated the Roman political system, but the alliance did not last long, due to the ambitions, egos, and jealousies of the three men.

While Caesar and Crassus were lifelong allies, Crassus and Pompey disliked each other and Pompey grew increasingly envious of Caesar’s spectacular successes in the Gallic Wars.

The alliance was restabilized at the Lucca Conference in 56 BC, after which Crassus and Pompey again served jointly as consuls.

Following his second consulship, Crassus was appointed as the governor of Roman Syria.

Crassus used Syria as the launchpad for a military campaign against the Parthian Empire, Rome’s long-time eastern enemy.

end quotes

And it is interesting that in our times today, Joe Biden and Hussein Obama again used Syria as the launchpad for a military campaign against their enemy, Russia, and I say their enemy, because that is exactly the case.

We end up with enemies because those we call our “leaders” create those enemies for us to have.

Getting back to Crassus, while Pompey remained in Rome, governing his province of the Spains through legates, Crassus planned a glorious campaign against Parthia.

He set out for his province of Syria in November 55, cursed by the tribune Ateius as he left through the city gate (on the grounds that Parthia had a treaty with Rome).

He reportedly envisaged not just a war against Parthia, but wanted to overshadow Lucullus’ campaigns against Tigranes and Pompey’s against Mithridates, and even to reach Bactria and India (like Alexander the Great) and ‘the Ocean’.

After the arrival of Publius with his 1,000 Gallic cavalry, Crassus invaded Parthia in the spring of 53 with seven legions.

Rather than approach through Armenia from the north, the strategy was initially to march along the Euphrates towards Cte-siphon, but the Romans crossed the Euphrates at Zeugma, against the advice of Crassus’ quaestor C. Cassius Longinus.

Orodes II had expected the Romans to advance from the north, but his general Surena was on the watch in Mesopotamia with 1,000 cataphracts (heavily armoured cavalry) and 9,000 horse archers with composite bows, with supplementary arrows supplied by 1,000 camels.

The armies engaged at the river Balik south of Carrhae, where the Parthian archers had the advantage of the Romans with their hit-and-run ‘Parthian tactics’, despite the force being only a quarter of the size of that of the Romans’ seven legions.

When Publius made a desperate break with his cavalry, he was surrounded and decapitated, and his head, fixed to a spear, shown to Crassus and his men.

The survivors retreated to Carrhae (modern Harran), where on 9 June the Parthians completed their task.

Crassus was killed in flight, and some 30,000 of the Roman army lost their lives: the 10,000 that escaped were regrouped by Cassius and taken back to defend Syria.

This was one of the most spectacular defeats the Roman army had ever experienced, not to be rivalled until Valens was defeated at Adrianople by the Visigoths in ad 376.

Crassus’ defeat was not due to lack of military experience or ineptitude, but to the unexpected and unprecedented tactics employed against him.

Caesar had been in favour of the expedition, and was himself planning an invasion to Parthia to avenge Crassus at the time of his assassination.

Later reports include anecdotes that the Parthians poured molten gold down Crassus’ throat to symbolise Rome’s rapacity, and that his head was shown to Orodes II and Artavasdes II, the Armenian king, as a prop in a production of Euripides’ Bacchae.

Crassus’ statement that a leading statesman should possess enough income to be able to keep an army (perhaps four legions of 4,200 men, plus auxiliaries) also shows the value that Crassus put on the possession of wealth.

end quotes

In the end, Crassus was stupidly arrogant, and the Parthians, being the weaker party in the contest, used his arrogance as their best weapon against him.

And now, we have Joe Biden.

So what path are we on here, people?

Or is it too much trouble to try to puzzle that out?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-591392
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR APRIL 9, 2022 AT 5:36 PM

Paul Plante says:

And while we are on the subject of the incredible arrogance of power that exists in Washington, D.C. today, an arrogance totally unmoored from reality, let us for the moment go back to 14 March 2022 and Jake Sullivan, the goofy looking dude with the thin head who is Joe Biden’s designated “FOREIGN POLICY TOUGH GUY” telling NBC’s Meet the Press on or about 14 March 2022 as follows:

“We have made it clear not just to Beijing but to every country in the world that if they think that they can basically bail Russia out, they can give Russia a workaround to the sanctions that we’ve imposed, they should have another thing coming, because we will ensure that neither China nor anyone else can compensate Russia for these losses.”

end quotes

So, people, a massive dose of pure stupid arrogance there from goofy Jake Sullivan for this reason – and this should be a fifth grade civics test question, to wit:

Q: How many countries are there in the world that Jake Sullivan is threatening with harm if they don’t tug the forelock and pass through the yoke in subservience to Joe Biden, the Ruler of the World?

A: There are 195 countries in the world that Jake Sullivan is threatening with harm if they don’t tug the forelock and pass through the yoke in subservience to Joe Biden, the Ruler of the World.

So, given that, people, how is this Jake Sullivan, who appears to not have the brains God gave a goose, going to enforce anything at all on all of those 195 countries he is threatening with harm if they don’t acknowledge Joe Biden as their Lord and Master?

With our military?

Is Jake Sullivan going to have us fighting 195 separate wars all at once?

Or is he just stupid, and is dragging us into the black pit of stupidity with him and the rest of these fools that surround WORLD LEADER Biden, like Janet “TOODLES” Yellen, who is Joe’s “out-of-her-head” treasury secretary bent on destroying Russia, even if she has to take the rest of the world with her, as we see in the Reuters article “Yellen says Russia should be expelled from G20, U.S. may boycott some meetings” by David Lawder and Dan Burns on April 6, 2022, as follows:

(Reuters) – U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Wednesday that Russia should be expelled from the Group of 20 major economies forum, and the United States will boycott “a number of G20 meetings” if Russian officials show up.

Since 2008, the club has served as a key international forum for issues from COVID-19 relief to cross-border debt and also includes China, India, Saudi Arabia and other countries that have been reluctant to condemn Russia’s actions.

end quotes

And there we see the names of some of the countries of the world this lame-brain, thin-headed fool Jake Sullivan is threatening with harm if they don’t bow down and pray to Joe Biden for forgiveness and absolution of their many sins.

Getting back to “TOODLES” and the Reuters story, we have more as follows:

Yellen said that the Biden administration wants to push Russia out of active participation in major international institutions, but acknowledged that it was unlikely that Russia could be expelled from the International Monetary Fund given its rules.

end quotes

And while one could wonder where on earth Joe Biden gets any constitutional authority from that gives him sole power over the question of who can and who cannot participate in major international institutions, which now have come under the total control of Joe Biden by all appearances here, it would be an exercise in futility looking for that answer, because it doesn’t exist.

Our constitution gives Joe Biden no such power or authority, but to Joe, that don’t matter, because in a time of war, it is necessary for Joe to suspend our Constitution for the duration, and it is going to be a long one, which takes us back to Reuters and “TOODLES,” as follows:

Yellen’s testimony came as the Biden administration announced a new round of sanctions to punish Russia, including banning Americans from investing in Russia and locking Sberbank, Russia’s largest lender and holder of a third of its bank deposits, out of the U.S. financial system, along with other institutions.

Yellen also issued a warning to China that Treasury was prepared to turn its sanctions tools against Beijing in the event of Chinese aggression against Taiwan, which China claims as a wayward province.

Asked if the United States would take such steps if Taiwan was threatened, she said: “Absolutely. I believe we’ve shown that we can.”

“In the case of Russia, we threatened significant consequences.”

“We’ve imposed significant consequences.”

“And I think that you should not doubt our ability and resolve to do the same in other situations.”

end quotes

Except they haven’t according to the Reuters article “Rouble rallies on Moscow Exchange, stocks up after new sanctions” by Reuters Staff on April 7, 2022, the day after “TOODLES” was flapping her gums and running her mouth above here about crippling Russia’s economy, to wit:

(Reuters) -The Russian rouble firmed sharply in Moscow trade on Thursday to levels last seen before Russia sent tens of thousands of soldiers to Ukraine, while stocks indexes jumped higher, shrugging off a new round of sweeping western sanctions.

The rouble ended the day 5% higher at 75.75 against the dollar after briefly touching 74.2625, its strongest level since Feb. 11.

Against the euro, the rouble firmed more than 6% to 81.45 after touching its strongest level since late October of 80.69.

The United States on Wednesday announced a new round of penalties targeting Russian financial institutions, as well as Kremlin officials and their family members.

end quotes

And how utterly pathetic that is, bringing sanctions against the children of Putin and others, but that is who the Democrats are – people who make war on the weak.

And according to the Rigzone article “Oil Suffers Back to Back Weekly Loss on SPR Sales and China Lockdowns” by Bloomberg | Julia Fanzeres, on April 08, 2022, Russia is still selling oil to countries that Jake Sullivan was previously threatening, so the game looks like it is on, to me, to wit:

While many Western companies are shunning Russian oil following the invasion, there are plenty of willing takers in Asia, especially in China and India.

Cargoes of Russian Sokol crude from the Far East have sold out for next month.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-595244