THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 04:50:01 PM EDT

Mr Plante,

There is no current Order of Protection against you as it would have to be filed in our station.

Currently we have only 2 Orders of Protection that do not expire for some time and they are for very rare and exigent circumstances.

Ms Horton will not be able to “revive” any Orders as well.

There are 2 ways to obtain an Order of Protection in NYS now, 1 is through County Family Court (which would not be applicable here).

The 2nd is though Local Criminal Court, which requires a criminal investigation and then an arrest.

I want to assure you, no one has contacted the State Police regarding any criminal investigation related to you.

Mr Church did contact us regarding your emails but we explained to him that as a resident of the Town, you are free to correspond with local officials as long as it does not become threats towards anyone.

Also, having personally read the emails, I know there has not been any threats made on either part.

Please feel free to contact me regarding any concerns you may have.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: May 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM

TO: New York State Police

Thank you again for clarifying that background.

As to a criminal investigation, we are talking about Poestenkill.

There doesn't have to be an investigation into anything nor does there even have to be a crime for me to be charged with a crime.

As was the case in the Horton matter, they simply make it up on the fly.

That is the power of a corrupt judge.

Paul Plante
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:11 PM

Let me reinforce the fact that Poestenkill Town Court allowed Gary Horton to fabricate the most absurd charges against me to cover over his hit-and-run, and then it issued process and the Orders of Protection based on those false charges.

Because the court issued the process, the Troopers involved did not question the process, merely served it.

I fear a re-run of that, to be very truthful with you, an act of violence against myself for which I will be charged by Poestenkill Town Court on more fabricated charges.

Paul Plante
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Friday, May 21, 2021 12:55 PM

This is my first e-mail to Trooper Sheehan as to why I was corresponding with him:

DATE: 15 April 2021

TO: Trooper Sheehan, New York State Police

RE: April 1, 2021 Communication from Poestenkill Code Enforcer Officer Tracy Church

Dear Trooper Sheehan:

I am communicating with you because your name and agency appeared on a list of copies on an April 1, 2021 communication to myself from Poestenkill Town Code Enforcer Officer Tracy Church concerning an on-going matter of political retaliation against myself in the Town of Poestenkill.

Why Mr. Church chose to copy you and the New York State Police concerning this matter as of yet remains a mystery to me but suffice to say, I am concerned for my personal safety because on 6 February 2021, a Saturday, Mr. Church took it upon himself as the Poestenkill Town Code Enforcer Officer to dispatch two troopers to a place and at a time when Mr. Church knew I would be undergoing my daily relaxation therapy session, which event caused me great emotional distress out of fear for my life, seeing two troopers in a tactical deployment outside.

Thankfully, I was able to contact my son, an Albany Police Detective Lieutenant, and he was able to intervene and defuse the situation before further harm came to me as a result of Mr. Church's actions on that day.

So when I saw your name listed on that list of addressees, my concerns for my well-being have resurfaced, which is very detrimental to my health, given that in 1969, I was wounded in the back of the head and neck my an exploding RPG-7 warhead, and as a result, today, at age 75, I am in extreme discomfort and chronic pain 24/7/365, and the only means I have of dealing with that pain is through relaxation therapy, along with diet and exercise.

Because of fragments near my cervical spine, when I am under stress, I have great difficulty breathing, something the Town of Poestenkill is well aware of and see as a weakness to exploit with this on-going campaign of retaliation that Mr. Church has put the Poestenkill Seal of Approval on.

So I want to make absolutely certain that my side of this issue is presented without distortion by Mr. Church, and with regard to this retaliation, the most concise summary I can provide you as to the background is a sworn affidavit on file with both the Town of Poestenkill and the New York State Attorney General in connection with 229 AD2d 650, Supreme Court - Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department 75470, In the Matter of the TOWN OF POESTENKILL v. NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION/In the Matter of SUSAN LASCARI et al. v. NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION et al., as follows:

REPLY AFFIDAVIT

Paul R. Plante, N.Y.S.P.E., being duly sworn, deposes and says:

1. I am one of the pro se petitioner/respondents in the above captioned matter, and as such, I am fully familiar with the facts in the matter and the prior proceedings had herein.

2. I make this affidavit in reply to certain averments made under oath in paragraphs 15, 16 and 17 of the April 22, 1996 Answering Affidavit of Poestenkill Town Supervisor John E. Zweig in connection with the above matter (hereinafter "Zweig Affidavit"), a copy of which is annexed hereto as Exhibit A and made a part of for the Court's convenience, and in response to certain unsworn and scurrilous allegations made in an April 22, 1996 letter of Poestenkill Town Attorney Patrick J. Tomaselli, Esq. annexed to the Zweig Affidavit as Exhibit D.

A copy of the April 22, 1996 Tomaselli letter relied upon by Supervisor Zweig in his April 22, 1996 affidavit is annexed hereto as Exhibit B and made a part hereof for the Court's convenience.

3. At the very outset, I would ask the Court to note that in paragraph 5 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit, Mr. Zweig and the Town of Poestenkill take no position with respect to the relief requested in the April 15, 1996 motion of petitioner/respondent Lorraine Kaskoun, that relief being dismissal of Appeal No. 75470 on the grounds that an appeal from denial of a motion to reargue in the instant matter is improperly taken, since an order denying a motion to reargue cannot be appealed from.

4. That, it is respectfully submitted is where this matter should have begun and ended.

5. If the Town of Poestenkill had no problem with petitioner Kaskoun's request for relief, or if it had nothing of substance to add to the proceedings vis-a-vis the propriety of petitioner Kaskoun's request for relief, the Town of Poestenkill should have simply stated as such and concluded the matter with brevity and clarity as to its position in that regard.

6. Instead, Mr. Zweig chose to first burden this Court with a discussion of matters not in the record before the Court in the instant appeal, and then, in paragraph 16 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit, Mr. Zweig chose to label me as a "liar."

7. As a result, I am now forced by that circumstance to have to defend my integrity before this Court, and I beg this Court's indulgence for an opportunity to do so, albeit very briefly.

end quote

For the record, in 1996, at the time Poestenkill Town Supervisor was falsely denouncing me as "liar" in a failed bid to poison the Appellate Court judges against me in that appeal, which I prevailed in despite the poison spread by Supervisor Zweig, Keith Hammond, the present town supervisor who is also copied on the April 1, 2021 communication to myself from Poestenkill Town Code Enforcer Officer Tracy Church concerning an on-going matter of political retaliation against myself in the Town of Poestenkill, was then a town councilman, as was Thomas Slavin, now the Chief Justice of Poestenkill who holds my life in his hands.

Upon information and belief, in 1996, both Hammond and Slavin gave their approval as town councilmen for Zweig to make that incredible libel against me with the Appellate Court, an both bear me enmity to this day as a result of my efforts to challenge and eradicate endemic public corruption in Postenkill hat extends all the way back to the 1970's, which takes us back to that sworn affidavit, to wit:

8. Since the sole "evidentiary" basis and support for Mr. Zweig's averment that I am a "liar" appears to be an April 22, 1996 letter to this Court from Poestenkill Town Attorney Patrick J. Tomaselli, Esq., which is annexed to Mr. Zweig's affidavit as Exhibit D and which is annexed hereto as Exhibit B, I will deal directly with the statements of Mr. Tomaselli therein, and by so doing, demonstrate to this Court that Mr. Zweig's statement in paragraph 16 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit that I am a "liar" is both unsupported and false, and is made for no other apparent purpose but to deflect this Court's attention away from the real and sole issue before the Court in petitioner Kaskoun's motion, to wit, that Appeal No. 75470 should be dismissed outright in the sound exercise of this Court's discretion.

9. In getting to the facts of the matter to debunk the false and extremely malicious assertions of Mr. Tomaselli's April 22, 1996 letter to this Court annexed hereto as Exhibit B, and thereby demonstrate the falsity of Mr. Zweig's averments in paragraph 16 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit, it is necessary to go no further than the second paragraph on page one of Mr. Tomaselli's diatribe where he states as follows, and I quote: "Indeed, Mr. Plante's very style of 'advocacy' seems to be predicated upon ignoring or distorting the facts and/or law pertaining to the actual issues in dispute and concentrating instead on personal insults and name-calling against all involved participants."

(Exhibit B, page one)

end quotes

Here I am reminded of this following from the "Cincinnatus II: To James Wilson, Esquire" political essay by Cincinnatus on November 8, 1787, to wit:

I come now to the consideration of the trial by jury in civil cases.

And here you have, indeed, made use of your professional knowledge.

But you did not tell the people that your profession was always to advocate one side of a question — to place it in the most favorable, though false, light — to rail where you could not reason — to pervert where you could not refute - and to practice every fallacy on your hearers — to mislead the understanding and pervert judgment.

end quotes

That very much describes what Patrick Tomaselli, the Poestenkill town attorney who now has a marble shrine erected to his memory outside of Poestenkill Town Hall on town property, was doing in his April 22, 1996 letter to the Appellate Court - advocating one side of a question by placing it in a false light while railing where he could not reason, and perverting where he could not refute, practicing every fallacy on his hearers to mislead the understanding and pervert judgment.

Except he failed miserably, and this on-going retaliation is the result, which takes us back to that affidavit as follows:

10. Based upon a review of the facts in connection with the litigation I have been involved in as a pro se litigant, which upon information and belief Mr. Tomaselli is well aware of in his capacity as attorney for the Town of Poestenkill, it can be readily demonstrated to this Court that the above statement of Mr. Tomaselli which Mr. Zweig relies on in paragraph 16 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit is patently false.

11. Annexed hereto as Exhibit C and made a part hereof is a twenty (20) page decision of Honorable Robert C. Williams, J.S.C. in Matter of Lascari, Kaskoun, Mouawad, Plante, Valentine and Powley v. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation et al., Albany Co. Index No. 3943/92, dated May 18, 1993.

12. As the Court will note from a review of the appearances at page two of that decision, I was one of the pro se petitioners therein.

13. At page three, the Court will note that the petitioners in that petition were asking the Court to determine that the DEC's decision to proceed in issuing a mined land reclamation permit to Mr. Tomaselli's client R.J. Valente Gravel, Inc. without requiring preparation of an environmental impact statement was unlawful.

end quotes

In fact, the issuance of that permit was a class "E" felony in violation of New York Penal Law § 175.40, Issuing a false certificate, as follows:

A person is guilty of issuing a false certificate when, being a public servant authorized by law to make or issue official certificates or other official written instruments, and with intent to defraud, deceive or injure another person, he issues such an instrument, or makes the same with intent that it be issued, knowing that it contains a false statement or false information.

end quote

Getting back to the affidavit and the underlying causes of this on-going retaliation by the Town of Poestenkill, we have:

14. "Having reviewed the record" says the Court therein, it agreed with the petitioners and accordingly, the permit was annulled.

15. That decision was never appealed from by the State of New York.

16. In that decision at pages 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 18, the Court relied upon factual statements made by this petitioner in sworn affidavits to that Court in annulling the permit at issue in that proceeding.

17. Nowhere in that decision is there any reference to distortion of fact or name-calling or personal insults by this petitioner.

18. Annexed hereto as Exhibit D and made a part hereof is a February 15, 1994 decision of Honorable Edward O. Spain, J.S.C. in Matter of Paul R. Plante v. Planning Board of Town of Poestenkill, Rensselaer County Index No. 177914.

19. In that decision which was based upon my pro se petition in that proceeding, Hon. Justice Spain annulled a special use permit which the Planning Board of the Town of Poestenkill had improperly issued to R.J. Valente Gravel, Inc. of Troy, New York, Mr. Tomaselli's client, on June 17, 1992.

end quotes

Poestenkill was acting as a "laundry," laundering through false certificates issued by DEC in violation of New York Penal Law § 175.40, and I blew the whistle on that "laundering," which has earned me the eternal enmity of the town of Poestenkill, hence this retaliation, which again takes us back to that sworn affidavit, a follows:

20. Now, according to Mr. Tomaselli's operative theory at page one of his April 22, 1996 letter annexed to Mr. Zweig's affidavit as Exhibit D, and according to the averments at paragraph 17 of Mr. Zweig's April 22, 1996 sworn affidavit, I am supposed to have allegedly "targeted" the Poestenkill Planning Board with "untruthful, unwarranted, and downright vicious personal invectives" allegedly "launched" like so many Scud missiles to serve some particular agenda or cause of mine, which in reality is First Amendment redress of grievance, and I am further alleged by Messrs. Zweig and Tomaselli to have ignored or distorted facts and/or law, concentrating instead on "personal insults and name-calling" against the members of the Poestenkill Planning Board in order to induce Judge Spain, a very respected jurist who now sits on this Court, to annul the permit in question and award me costs in that matter, and according to that operative theory, Judge Spain is supposed to have fallen like a ton of bricks for such bunkum and twaddle in annulling the permit.

21. Such a theory by Messrs. Zweig and Tomaselli of course requires this Court to assume that Judge Spain is a fool, and I personally will have no part in such gratuitous "judge-bashing," which conduct I extremely revolting and repugnant.

22. In applying the Tomaselli/Zweig "theory" of how the law allegedly works in the County of Rensselaer, where according to Mr. Tomaselli, respected Judges like Justice Spain allegedly annul Town of Poestenkill special permits based on nothing more than distorted facts and/or law and personal insults, I would ask this Court to take note of the fact that costs against planning boards in the State of New York are awarded only when the Court has before it evidence that the planning board acted with gross negligence, or in bad faith or with malice in making the decision appealed from, as was the case in that matter.

23. Apparently, according to the Tomaselli/Zweig theory, my alleged distortions of fact and/or law and personal insults and name-calling in that matter before Judge Spain would have "buffaloed" this Court, and so an appeal would not have succeeded, so "silver a tongue" am I alleged to have.

24. Based upon these two decisions alone, it becomes readily apparent that there is no merit whatsoever to the averments of Mr. Zweig based upon the assertions of Mr. Tomaselli that I am a "liar," and based upon these two decisions alone, the contempt that these two gentlemen have for the judges who serve the public in the County of Rensselaer becomes readily apparent.

25. It does not end there, however, unfortunately.

26. Annexed hereto as Exhibit E and made a part of is a transcript decision of Judge Spain dated March 28, 1994, in Matter of Paul R. Plante v. Poestenkill Town Board, Jay F. Nish, Paul Sieloff, Nelson Armlin, Mark Dunlea and Kristine Legenbauer, Rensselaer County Index No. 179138, wherein Judge Spain annulled a resolution of the Poestenkill Town Board made on November 10, 1992 based upon facts stated under oath by myself in my pro se petition in that matter.

27. It is respectfully submitted that nowhere in that decision is there any mention made of distortion of fact, and/or law by myself, nor is there mention made by the Court of alleged personal insults or name-calling by myself, as Messrs. Zweig and Tomaselli would have this Court believe is my "style," nor was Plante v. Town Board ever appealed from.

28. I would also ask the Court to note that defendant Kristine Legenbauer in that action remains on the Poestenkill Town Board to this date.

29. As above, if what Messrs. Tomaselli and Zweig say is true in their respective submissions to this Court, they would require that this Court treat Judge Spain as nothing more than a "fool" who is easily duped by someone like myself who according to Mr. Tomaselli, allegedly engages in deception and outright lies to the courts of Rensselaer and Albany Counties to further some alleged "agenda" or "cause" I am alleged by Mr. Tomaselli to have.

30. As before, I refuse to countenance such assertions by these two gentlemen, and I ask this Court to find such assertions to be both unprofessional and unwarranted, especially by an attorney like Mr. Tomaselli who himself is allegedly in charge of the ethics of other attorneys in Rensselaer County.

And here we come to yet another felony, to wit:

40. Annexed hereto as Exhibit G and made a part of is an affirmation of Assistant New York State Attorney General Kathleen Liston Morrison dated October 14, 1993, in Matter of the Application of Paul R. Plante v. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Albany County Index No. 4840-93.

41. In that particular matter, Assistant Attorney General Morrison conceded to Judge Robert C. Williams, J.S.C., based upon the averments in my petition alone that in fact, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation was in error when it issued the permit in question.

42. Specifically, in paragraph 2 of Exhibit G, Assistant Attorney General Morrison can be seen stating that based on the averments in my petition in that matter, DEC was in error in part because it had not complied with the New York State Uniform Procedures Act, the New York State Solid Waste Management Act, and SEQRA.

43. Thereafter, in a November 19, 1993 decision annexed hereto as Exhibit H and made a part hereof, Justice Williams annulled that permit, based on nothing more than the averments in my petition in that matter.

44. Matter of Plante v. DEC, Albany County Index No. 4840-93 was never appealed from.

end quotes

That was another DEC permit that an attempt was made to launder it through the Town of Poestenkill, which attempt was made to fail by my lawsuit, which again takes us back to that affidavit:

45. According the Messrs. Tomaselli and Zweig, of course, Assistant Attorney General Morrison must also be a fool who is easily duped by distortions of law and fact and mere name-calling, because in that action, she conceded that the State of New York was wrong without any other proof than my word alone.

46. At this point, based upon the evidence which I have annexed hereto, I believe that it is readily apparent that Mr. Tomaselli and Mr. Zweig never really had anything of substance to say to this Court concerning my conduct as a licensed professional engineer in the State of New York, and so I will end my demonstration of that fact at this juncture.

47. Based upon Exhibits C through H, I submit that I am not a "liar" as Mr. Zweig alleges in his April 22, 1996 affidavit, and I do not engage in such deceitful and deceptive tactics as Mr. Tomaselli alleges in his April 22, 1996 letter.

48. To the contrary, as a New York State licensed professional engineer and qualified associate public health engineer, I have a great deal of real assistance to offer the Courts of this state, and I take that responsibility to the citizens of this State very seriously.

49. Accordingly, Mr. Tomaselli's statements to the contrary in his April 22, 1996 letter must be dismissed out of hand by this Court as being nothing more than pure unsupported and unsubstantiated bunkum and twaddle, and being based upon nothing more than pure bunkum and twaddle, the averments of Mr. John E. Zweig in paragraph 16 of his April 22, 1996 affidavit that I am a "liar" can be seen to be both unsupported and false.

DATED: Poestenkill, New York
April 25, 1996

end quotes

I would ask you to make sure that that sworn affidavit is made a part of the record in this matter to counteract any poison that Tracy Church, the Poestenkill Town Code Enforcer Officer, might have previously spread among uniformed members of the New York State Police.

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, P.E.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Friday, May 21, 2021, 01:00:52 PM EDT

I was aware of this email as he forwarded all emails to me.

I just felt that I should make myself known to you and provide you an outlet to communicate with the State Police.

As a good supervisor, I try to help my subordinates and since this involves Town Officials, I would rather address any issues.

Again, happy to help with any issue and we will do our best to resolve it.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: May 21, 2021 at 1:09 PM

Believe me, I am quite happy to have you involved.

And this really is not about Horton.

The only reason Horton is involved is because Horton happens to live on my property line and has appropriated several acres of my property through threats of violence.

And there are no secrets I am uncovering in here about the hit-and-run and cover-up, all of which are and have been a matter of public record for many years now.

I am not accusing the State Police of violating my civil rights.

And the relationship I would like to have with the Troopers is one where you do not know I exist because I am not a source of trouble in the community, and I do not have to live in fear of the State Police.

Paul Plante
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Friday, May 21, 2021, 01:17:37 PM EDT

Mr Plante,

I can assure you, you have no need at all to live in fear from the State Police, we are here to serve and protect all members of the community.

Unless you request our services, I imagine there will be no interactions with any Trooper.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Friday, May 21, 2021 4:55 PM

For the record, that appeal that forced the Rensselaer County District Attorney's Office to have to stand before Rensselaer County Court Judge M. Andrew Dwyer and admit that the prosecution of myself by that office to cover over Gary Horton's hit-and-run was based on no evidence at all was prepared and prosecuted by myself.

I wasn't trusting my life to some hack lawyer working by the hour and not seeing much money to squeeze out of me, so I am quite familiar with the New York State Criminal Procedure Law, as well as the Penal Law.

As to the history which has me fearing the New York State Police, in 1988, in a conversation about the misery that was going to befall me if I persisted in trying to bring criminal charges for violation of the Public Health Law against prominent and powerful Republicans to include then-state senator Joe Bruno, against whom I did file charges, State Police BCI Captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Pittstown Republican made a statement that I have never forgotten:

"The state police go with the power!"

That was meant as it sounds - a warning.

The first Trooper intimately involved in protecting Horton by covering over the hit-and-run by filing false criminal charges against me was Gary Kelly.

His reward was being promoted to BCI shortly after that.

Trooper John Ogden, who lived in the center of Poestenkill and was known as "The Enforcer," also was promoted to BCI, as was, I believe, Trooper Gonzalez.

Trooper Gonzalez came personally to my home along with another Trooper, to deliver to me a message from the judge as to how much contempt I was held in by the judge and himself, while the other Trooper stood in an overwatch position to guard Trooper Gonzalez, who all that time had me squatting in my driveway like a Viet Cong prisoner being interrogated.

At A-259 of the four-volume appendix I prepared as part of the appeal, Trooper Ogden testified as follows:

Q At that time when you received the call from Mr. Horton did you know who Mr. Horton was?

A Yes, I did.

Q May I ask the circumstances as to your knowing Mr. Horton?

A I've known him for probably fifteen years. I went to school with him.

Q Is Paul Plante known to you?

A Yes.

Q Was Paul Plante known to you on March 2, 1990?

A Yes.

Q And may I ask the circumstances of how you know Paul Plante or how you knew Paul Plante on ...

A I didn't know you, I knew of Mr. Plante.

Q Okay. What did you know of Mr. Plante on March 2, 1990?

A Very little. I knew that you were, or Mr. Plante at that time, basically the only information I knew about Mr. Plante was blotter entries in our station from previous incidents that he had contact with the state police and from the media, radio and television.

end quotes

What Trooper Ogden knew of me from the media, one of the very best sources there is for a Trooper doing criminal investigations to get the truth from, was as follows:

Wednesday, February 22, 1989 Troy Record article “Court delays Paul Plante’s disciplinary hearing”

Rensselaer County Deputy Attorney Gordon Mayo told New York State Supreme Court Judge Conway as follows:

“Not only could Paul Plante say things during the hearing that could affect pending litigation, but Paul Plante’s behavior is questionable.”

“Mayo said Plante suffers from a post-combat stress condition that could result in irrational behavior.”

“Plante is a Vietnam veteran.”

end quotes

Based on that alone, Trooper Ogden let Horton swear that I was irrational and dangerous.

The criminal information that Trooper Ogden helped his friend Horton fill out stated thusly (Appendix A-200):

On the mentioned time and date, the mentioned defendant did stand approximately at the border line of the complainant's property and the property belonging the the defendant's father and yell, "Hey, Horton, you made a big mistake, you and your family are going six feet under."

"After you get out of jail, I'm going to put you all six feet under."

This incident having occurred pending the outcome of a prior complaint against the same defendant, by the complainant, and is an on-going course of conduct by the same defendant.

end quotes

So not to be disputatious with you, or insulting, because we are having a calm gentlemanly discussion of reality, but out of that experience, can you see the doubts I might entertain about the State Police being there to serve and protect all members of the community?

I am not at all doubting your personal integrity or sincerity, but you are one man in a very political organization.

So how is it that you think things have changed in your organization so that political prosecutions like this cannot happen again in Poestenkill?

And let me ask you this pertinent question: have you been informed that I am an irrational, dangerous Vietnam veteran as John Ogden believed me to me, based on the falsehoods of Rensselaer County attorney Gordon Mayo?

Paul Plante
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: Friday, May 21, 2021, 07:18:49 PM EDT

Mr Plante,

I can understand how that situation has tarnished our image with you.

I again want to remind you that was 30 years ago, and its not that way anymore.

I’ve heard the stories of how things were back in those days and can easily see how that happened to you.

I’ve been doing this job for 15 years and can assure you, it’s a different era.

There is too much transparency needed in today’s world for us to be politically aligned with a township.

All those members you mentioned have long retired and most of the troopers around here don’t even know who they are, let alone worked with any of them.

I don’t even know this Mayo that you speak of, he was gone long before my time.

I have had no information of you prior to any of this, no one has spoken ill of you or about you to me.

The only impression I have is that you are a citizen that lives in our patrol area.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

DATE: May 22, 2021 at 6:47 AM

If all in law enforcement were as candid, patient and up-front as you are, what a pleasant world it would be!

So what you are telling me is that the poison of the past is dissipated, as far as the State Police of today are concerned.

That was my purpose in corresponding with Trooper Sheehan, to neutralize any of that poison remaining on the assumption of institutional memory, which thankfully no longer seems to be the case, where you become the "enemy" of a Trooper because of who his friends are, and then you are the enemy of all Troopers.

That aside, I would ask you to again puruse this one sentence from that Horton information made out by John Ogden, as it contains the roots of these present conflicts in Poestenkill, which have everything to do with land:

"On the mentioned time and date, the mentioned defendant did stand approximately at the border line of the complainant's property and the property belonging the the defendant's father ..."

end quotes

Do you find that language curious in any way?

Are Troopers land surveyors that they can look at a piece of ground and see property lines and know who belongs where, and make a determination as to who can stand on anyone else's property?

You will forgive me for not knowing that things have changed since that time regarding the Troopers, because for a time, Horton had Troopers literally bullying me off my land and even off Liberty Lane, all going back to that "dangerous Viet Nam veteran" bullcrap that the media were spewing back then.

That land referenced in there as my father's happens to be my land today, and that is really what I would like you to know, in the event of "property disputes" arising again.

I have been in that town since 1949, and I have been tending to those property lines pursuant to the Real Property Law since I was around eight years old, because back then, there were still cows and the fences were required to be maintained pursuant to the Real Property Law.

When Horton moved in, it was in the late 1980's and he started ripping down the fence posts and posting my land and was calling Troopers on me if I dared to walk on my father's land, which goes back from Liberty Lane about a quarter of a mile.

More recently, two new neighbors moved in on the Liberty Lane side of the property which runs to the middle of the creek.

Both of those neighbors also claimed my land as theirs, and again a Trooper was involved, telling me to stay off my own land.

Then I received a phone call one evening from someone who identified himself as being with the State Police and he told me that "neighbors" were concerned that I was "walking around in the woods" behind their property as if I were some sort of pervert.

That person I referred to my son, an Albany Police Officer, for clarification as to who belonged where, given that their properties are between mine and Liberty Lane, so when I walk on property that is mine, I am not "behind" their properties - I am on my land and they are between me and the road, and I would like you to understand that spatial relationship.

Paul Plante