NIKKI HALEY

thelivyjr
Site Admin

NIKKI HALEY

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Biden 'looked like he was in the depths of Hell' demonizing 'half the country': Haley"

Charles Creitz

9 SEPTEMBER 2022

Former United States Ambassador to the United Nations called on President Biden to tone down virulent rhetoric about so-called "MAGA Republicans," saying his recent speech on Independence Mall made him look like he was in the underworld.

Haley, a former South Carolina governor, said Biden is demonizing the very Americans he swore to serve, going on to suggest he is intentionally deflecting from his and his Democratic Party's multiple crises and policy failures.

"The only anger, violence and hatred that I'm hearing is from Joe Biden."

"His speech the other day; he looked like he was in the depths of Hell," she said.

"Sitting there talking about how half the country is bad just because we want life to go back to normal, just because we want our dollars to count, just because we want to know our kids are safe – just because we want to know that we're not glorifying prisoners, but we're actually defending police."

Biden tripled-down on his sentiments in Rockville, Md. and Philadelphia with his latest remarks at a DNC event in Oxon Hill, Md, just across the Potomac from George Washington's Mount Vernon.

"Extreme MAGA Republicans just don’t threaten our personal, economic rights."

"They embrace political violence," Biden claimed – adding such Americans "threaten our very democracy – that's not hyperbole."

In reaction, Haley said regular Americans aren't as divided as Biden wants them to be, adding that she spoke with people in Pennsylvania while stumping for Senate candidate Mehmet Oz who are more worried about the economy and public safety.

She said voters have told her they "want to love our country again" and see it prosper as it had under Donald Trump, adding that frustration and the appearance of Biden being unconcerned with compounding national crises like the border, crime and economy spell a better Midterm election result for Republicans than thus far predicted.

Seen as a potential future candidate herself – for the presidency in 2024 – Haley somewhat demurred when asked whether she would pursue a bid if Trump seeks a Grover Cleveland-style two-nonconsecutive-term presidency.

"I think we'll read the tea leaves after that."

"And I've always said if there's a place for me, we'll go – but we'll see what's going to happen," she replied.

"We've got 36 governor's races that are important."

"So we're helping governor candidates, House candidates and Senate candidates win in November."

"If… we don't win in '22, there won't be a '24."

"And then I don't think I have to make a decision until after that," she added.

"I've said for a long time, if there's a place for me and I put my head in, I've never lost a race."

"I'm not going to start now."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... f602d4cf75
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: NIKKI HALEY

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Nikki Haley attacks administration’s foreign policy: ‘America has been weak under Joe Biden’"

Opinion by Lindsay Kornick

16 OCTOBER 2022

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley criticized President Biden’s international efforts as Russia, North Korea and Saudi Arabia push back against his administration.

While promoting her new book "If You Want Something Done: Leadership Lessons from Bold Women" on "Sunday Night in America," Haley discussed ongoing conflicts across the globe based on her previous experience with the United Nations.

Despite various nations pushing back against the United States, Haley suggested that Biden himself was to blame.

"When America is strong, the world is more safe."

"America has been weak under Joe Biden, and this is what happens when you have weakness."

"You have all the tyrants come out and see if they can try to run you over," Haley said.

She referenced the recent announcement that the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC+), led by Saudi Arabia, would cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day as an example of Biden’s weakness.

"I think that we had a good relationship with Saudi Arabia until the Biden Administration came in, and now he is shocked that they cut production."

"But I don’t know how you could be shocked when you basically asked for the world to consider the crown prince an international pariah."

"He is in his 30s."

"He’s going to outlast every leader."

"You don’t go and offend him," Haley said.

She added, "The best way to get anyone back is to become energy independent."

"They need to be working with our oil producers and asking them what we need so that we can do that."

"Going and picking a fight with Saudi Arabia is not going to be helpful to anyone."

"And the idea he’d actually rather than going with clean energy like we have here in the United States, the fact that he wants dirty oil from Venezuela and Iran just makes us look ridiculous in the eyes of the world."

Haley also noted North Korea once again conducting missile launches is another example of Biden’s weakness on the world stage.

"What North Korea is trying to do is, they sense blood in the water, they sense weakness from America, and they are trying to see if they can scare us into lifting those sanctions."

"We should not lift those sanctions."

"Any amount of money that goes to North Korea doesn’t go to feed their people."

"It goes to feed their nuclear program," she said.

She also commented on the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war and how she believes the U.S. can respond.

"I think that Putin is feeling desperate."

"I think what you’re seeing is that he hit a low point when he’s getting drones from Iran and rockets from North Korea."

"He’s lost the faith of his military."

"He’s lost the confidence of his people."

"He’s got hundreds of thousands of Russians trying to leave the country."

"And I think he is trying to buy time to figure out what he’s going to do."

"What we have to do is make sure that when he goes and adds these nuclear threats in we don’t go running for the hills and keep our foot on the gas," Haley said.

She added, "We don’t need to be giving Ukraine blank checks."

"We just need to make sure we work with NATO, so they have the equipment to defend themselves and finish the deal."

"If they finish and if they win this war, it will send a message to Iran, to North Korea and most importantly to China."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... 3465fff72a
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

The Washington Post

"Biden’s mental sharpness and physical health doubted, Post-ABC poll shows"

Story by Maeve Reston, Scott Clement, Emily Guskin

7 MAY 2023

More than 6 in 10 Americans say President Biden does not have the mental sharpness or physical health to serve effectively as president, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll — a finding that underscores some of the stark challenges he is confronting at the outset of his campaign for reelection.

Though Biden, 80, and former president Donald Trump, 76, are close in age, the poll shows that Americans have strikingly different views about their capabilities, even as Biden’s doctor has declared the incumbent healthy.

About a third of Americans (32 percent) say Biden has the mental sharpness to be effective in the White House, while 54 percent say the same of Trump.

And one-third (33 percent) say Biden is in good enough physical health for the job; while 64 percent say that about Trump, the leading Republican candidate.

Overall, more than 4 in 10 Americans (43 percent) say in the poll that both Biden and Trump are too old to serve new terms as president when they would be 82 and 78, respectively on Inauguration Day.

Yet here again there is a divergence between perceptions of Biden and Trump: About a quarter, 26 percent, say only Biden is too old, while 1 percent say only Trump is too old.

Another 28 percent say neither candidate is too old to serve another term.

Biden, who would be 86 at the end of a second term, often deflects questions about his age with humor — as he did during his recent speech at the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, where he joked that he’d been palling around with founding father “Jimmy Madison.”

But his fitness for the job has become the subject of attacks from some of his GOP rivals, including Trump and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, magnifying scrutiny on the commander in chief as he attempts to solidify the coalition that carried him to a narrow victory in 2020.

“Because I have acquired a hell of a lot of wisdom and know more than the vast majority of people,” Biden said in an interview with MSNBC broadcast Friday, when asked why he is the right person for the job at his age.

“And I’m more experienced than anybody that’s ever run for the office."

"And I think I’ve proven myself to be honorable as well as also effective.”

About 7 in 10 independents say Biden lacks the mental sharpness and physical health to serve effectively, and about 1 in 5 Democrats say the same.

The vast majority of Republicans (94 percent) say Biden lacks the mental sharpness to be president.

Of those Americans who say Biden does not have the mental sharpness to serve as an effective president, 12 percent say they would definitely or probably vote for him against Trump, 67 percent say they would probably or definitely support Trump.

Concerns about Biden’s acumen and his physical health have been a recurring point of concern in conversations with voters across the country in recent months, including Democrats who have no interest in supporting any of the GOP contenders.

Clarissa Wadley, a 30-year-old independent survey respondent from Philadelphia who initially supported then-Sen. Kamala Harris before backing Biden in 2020, said she is “very concerned” about Biden’s mental sharpness and “not in an ageist kind of way.”

Being president, she said, “requires a certain level of sharpness and really being aware of what’s going on — and I think in some of the interviews he’s done and some of the times we’ve seen him, it hasn’t come across that way.”

She worries that could cost him critical support among moderates and swing voters in an a general election that could be decided on the margins.

Callaghan Hemmerly, a 25-year-old Democrat from Englewood, Colorado, who participated in the Post-ABC poll, said that there should be an age limit for those who wish to serve as president — just as there is a requirement for them to be 35 or older to seek the office.

“I think both candidates are too old,” Hemmerly said of Trump and Biden.

“I don’t think really anyone in politics should be over the age of 70.”

Hemmerly described Biden as out of touch, pointing to what he views as a “lack of urgency on matters that are more important to younger voters” — from curbing police brutality to “not really helping in the fight that transgender kids and young adults go through every day,” he said.

“It’s kind of like, ‘I’ve got your back, but I’m not going to do anything about it,’” Hemmerly said of Biden, who he plans to support again in 2024.

Biden’s allies hope that he will be able to dispel any worries about his age by showing his vigor through his interactions on the campaign trail and in his daily activities at the White House.

But his Republican foes are quick to magnify any perceived lapses — from moments where Biden has appeared to lose his train of thought during public appearances to videos of his physical missteps that have gone viral on social media, including footage of him stumbling on the steps of Air Force One, a moment often featured in online GOP fundraising solicitations.

After Biden’s routine annual physical earlier this year, his doctor wrote in a memo that he is a “healthy, vigorous, 80-year-old male who is fit to successfully execute duties of the presidency.”

Biden’s physician, Kevin C. O’Connor, noted that Biden underwent an “extremely detailed neurologic exam” that did not find any signs of neurological disorders such as stroke, multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease.

The physicians who treated Trump while he was in the White House released limited information about his medical records.

Trump’s doctors concealed major details about his bout with covid-19 in 2020, making his condition seem far less serious than it was at the time.

He has famously avoided exercise with the exception of golf, though he often uses a golf cart instead of walking.

His annual medical reports revealed that he was at risk of cardiovascular disease.

A June 2020 report from Trump’s physician, Sean P. Conley, showed that he was medically obese at 244 pounds with a body mass index of 30.

While Trump has some major hurdles to overcome in winning back voters’ trust and demonstrating an ability to expand beyond his base, the trend line in Americans’ views of Biden’s mental agility over the past few years stands out as a clear warning sign for his 2024 campaign.

In May 2020, shortly before Biden clinched the Democratic nomination, about half of Americans (51 percent) said he had the mental sharpness to serve effectively as president, but that number slid to 40 percent in 2022 and 32 percent in the latest Post-ABC poll.

“I don’t think [Biden] has the mental capacity to be president,” said an independent Oklahoma voter named Andrea, who supported Biden in 2020 and participated in the poll but did not want to share her last name.

She said she would not back Trump if he becomes the Republican nominee and is leaning toward Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the anti-vaccine advocate and environmental lawyer who is the son of former attorney general Robert Kennedy.

The share of Americans who say Biden lacks the mental sharpness to be an effective president (63 percent) is nearly identical to the portion who say he does not have the physical health to serve effectively in the job (62 percent).

It is possible that age could become a contrast in a general election.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is running second behind Trump in polling of the GOP race, is 44.

Haley, a longer-shot contender, has centered her campaign around a call for a new generation of leadership.

Haley also advocated competency tests for politicians over the age of 75 when she announced her candidacy.

She has launched a volley of age-related attacks on Biden since he announced his reelection bid.

“If Biden is re-elected, Harris would have the highest likelihood of becoming president in the middle of a term of any vice president ever,” Haley wrote in a recent Fox News op-ed, renewing her call for cognitive tests for politicians over 75 — which would include Trump.

“The question before voters in 2024 is, to an unprecedented degree, whether they want Kamala D. Harris to be president, not vice president.”

The Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted April 28 through May 3, 2023, among a random national sample of 1,006 U.S. adults, with 75 percent reached on cellphones and 25 percent on landlines.

Overall results have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... 6547&ei=25
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

HuffPost

"Joe Biden Drops 3 Sharp Words On GOP In A Swift Flip Of Nikki Haley's Debate Jab"

Story by Ben Blanchet

24 AUGUST 2023

President Joe Biden welcomed former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s words with open arms after she went after fellow Republicans’ voting records at the first GOP presidential debate on Wednesday.

Haley, one of the eight candidates to participate in the debate in Milwaukee, jumped on some of her GOP rivals ― Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and former Vice President Mike Pence ― for voting “to raise the debt” while also taking a shot at former President Donald Trump, who named her U.S. ambassador to the United Nations during his term in office.

Trump had skipped the debate.

“And Donald Trump added $8 trillion to our debt, and our kids are never going to forgive us for this,” declared Haley in an apparent nod to the national debt increasing by about $7.8 trillion during the Trump administration.

“What she said,” wrote Biden, in a caption alongside a clip of her remarks.

Biden also made other not-so-subtle references to the debate on Wednesday, taking aim at biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, who said the “climate change agenda is a hoax,” which was met by a sea of boos from the audience.

“Climate change is real, by the way,” Biden later wrote on X (formerly Twitter).

Haley, amid the candidates’ discussion of climate change, declared that climate change is “real,” as well.

“We do care about clean air, clean water ― we want to see that taken care of, but there is a right way to do it,” she stated on the debate stage.

“The right way is first of all, yes, is climate change real?"

"Yes, it is."

"But if you want to go and really change the environment, we need to start telling China and India that they have to lower their emissions.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1fHuew?