AMERICA'S FIGHTING BULLDOG JOE BIDEN

thelivyjr
Site Admin

AMERICA'S FIGHTING BULLDOG JOE BIDEN

Post by thelivyjr »

International Business Times

"Joe Biden Refers To Trump Supporters As 'Dregs Of Society'"

Former Vice President Joe Biden unleashed a vicious attack on supporters of President Donald Trump.

His remarks came at the Human Rights Campaign's annual dinner at the Washington Convention Center on September 15, where added that Trump has been using the White House as a literal bully pulpit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tv/joe-b ... vi-BBNrjbG
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: AMERICA'S FIGHTING BULLDOG JOE BIDEN

Post by thelivyjr »

The Daily Wire

"Joe Biden Calls Trump Supporters 'Virulent People,' The 'Dregs Of Society'"

By Joseph Curl @josephcurl

September 17, 2018

Joe Biden just had his "deplorables" moment.

Biden, who says he'll decided in January whether to run for president in 2020 but who is making all the moves of a presidential candidate, used a pro-LGBT Human Rights Campaign annual dinner on Saturday to rip President Trump.

And in so doing, Biden had a moment reminiscent of Hillary Clinton, when she called Trump supporters "deplorables."

Biden did his old act, starting off soft and avuncular before booming through his power points, punching the air and flailing about.

"Despite losing in the courts, and in the court of opinion, these forces of intolerance remain determined to undermine and roll back the progress you all have made," he said.

"This time they — not you — have an ally in the White House."

"This time they have an ally."

"They're a small percentage of the American people — virulent people, some of them the dregs of society."

"And instead of using the full might of the executive branch to secure justice, dignity, safety for all, the president uses the White House as the literal — literal — bully pulpit, callously — callously — exerting his power over those who have little or none."

Biden got himself lathered up into a full froth as he waxed poetic about his and "Barack's" thoughts on Trump.

"Barack and I agreed to remain silent for a while to give this administration the chance to get up and running in the first year," Biden said.

"God forgive me," he added, making the sign of the cross as the audience applauded.

"Those who try to excuse this kind of prejudice in the name of culture, I say, 'Prejudice is prejudice and humanity is humanity — it is a crime,'" Biden said, urging those in the room to continue to oppose Trump.

"Our work is not yet done by any stretch of the imagination."

"The stakes are much too high."

And then he went even further.

"This is deadly earnest, we are in a fight for America's soul," Biden said.

Biden's wife, Jill, also got in on the act before introducing her husband.

"There is nothing that makes either of us more angry than a bully."

"There's nothing that's more unfair or unjust than people using their power to try to make other people feel small, to tell them who they are or what they are capable of, to say their identity doesn't belong," she said.

"There is nothing that makes us want to pick a fight more than that," she said.

Clinton used similar language when she called "half" of Trump's supporters "deplorables" during the 2016 campaign.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said in September 2016.

"Right?"

"Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

Now, Biden has done much the same.

And just as Biden began his speech, a few people in the crowd yelled "Run Joe!"

He replied: "Thank you."

See you in 2020, Joe.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35931/jo ... oseph-curl
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR September 19, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Paul Plante says :

Kabuki theater, Ray Otton, is known for the stylization of its drama and for the elaborate make-up worn by some of its performers, in this case Dianne Feinstein and Charley “Chuck” Schumer along with Hussein Obama and America’s fighting bulldog, Joe Biden.

Since the word kabuki is believed to derive from the verb kabuku, meaning “to lean” or “to be out of the ordinary”, kabuki can be interpreted as “avant-garde” or “bizarre” theatre, and boy, does that term ever apply to this bizarre theater we are being treated to in Washington, DC., where Kavanaugh’s accuser has just been elevated to the status of a “sexual assault survivor,” which means that Kavanaugh is done, finished, kaput.

There is no way he can now survive this Kabuki drama which is being masterfully stage-managed by the Democrats, who are putting on a full court press here, with Hussein Obama speaking at a rally for Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Corday and other Democrats on 13 September 2018, saying:

“On November 6 we have a chance to restore some sanity to our politics,”

“We can tip the balance of power back to the American people.”

And that is why I’m here.”

“I need you to come through.”

“But more importantly, the country needs you to come through.”

“I don’t know what happened to our culture.”

“… I don’t know when we began to celebrate bullies instead of looking out for people who care for other people.”

“When did that happen?”

end quotes

To answer Obama, we began to celebrate bullies instead of looking out for people who care for other people when Obama put Sonia Sotomayor on the Supreme Court, but that is for another thread.

And “Joltin’ Joe” Biden on 17 September 2018 was out there telling people as a part of this stage-managed full court press that Trump’s supporters are “virulent people, some of them the dregs of society.”

And according to the New York Daily News article “Kavanaugh’s accuser has been forced to move because of death threats — but President Trump feels ‘terribly’ for Kavanaugh” by Chris Sommerfeldt and Denis Slattery on 18 September 2018, more than 1,600 survivors of sexual and domestic abuse and their loved ones signed a new letter organized by UltraViolet, a women’s advocacy group, calling on the Senate to reject Kavanaugh based on the accusations.

“We believe Christine Blasey Ford.”

“According to Ford, she was sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh, which disqualifies him from holding any office in government, let alone the Supreme Court,” the letter states.

“It proves that Kavanaugh neither has the character nor the integrity to be a Supreme Court justice.”

“It also confirms his harmful disregard for the rights of people, particularly women.”

end quotes

Good-bye, Kavanaugh, Ray Otton, he is a goner, especially after that New York Daily News article about the death threats and all of that, to wit:

The woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault has been forced to move out of her home after receiving a torrent of death threats, a person close to her said Tuesday — but President Trump claims he feels “terribly” for her alleged attacker.

Christine Blasey Ford has been fielding threats over email and social media since she went public with allegations that Kavanaugh drunkenly forced himself on her while they were both attending high school in Maryland, according to the friend.

“There have been vulgar emails and social media messages and death threats,” the friend told the Daily News, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“She has moved out of her house and is arranging for private security for her and her family.”

end quotes

And masterful Kabuki theater that it is, both Charley “Chuck” Schumer and Dianne Feinstein are assigned star roles, as we see from that same New York Daily News article, to wit:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said an FBI investigation is “essential” to prevent a public hearing about Ford’s allegations planned for Monday from becoming nothing more than a “he said, she said affair.”

Ford herself agreed.

In a letter sent to Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) late Tuesday, Ford’s attorney, Debra Katz, said her client wants the FBI to investigate her allegations before she testifies and asked him for sympathy over the “vicious” threats she has faced.

“A full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner,” Katz said in the letter.

Grassley did not immediately respond to Katz’ request, but Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) rapidly welcomed it.

“We should honor Dr. Blasey Ford’s wishes and delay this hearing,” said Feinstein, the Judiciary Committee’s ranking Democrat.

“I hope that each and every one of us will immediately denounce the horrific treatment of Dr. Blasey Ford.”

“That this brave woman is receiving death threats and has been forced to flee with her family is appalling and heartbreaking.”

“This abuse must stop.”

“We’re better than this.”

end quotes

As I say, Ray Otton, it is a masterful stage production on the part of the Democrats here, as we see the story of what is said to have happened rapidly evolving from Friday, when Feinstein made the secret letter public, to wit:

Ford claims that an intoxicated Kavanaugh forced her into a bedroom at a party in the early 1980s, pinned her on a bed and tried to undress her.

She said that he held his hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming.

Ford was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend, Mark Judge, jumped on him and the two began roughhousing.

“What about other witnesses like Kavanaugh’s friend Mark Judge?”

“What about individuals who were previously told about this incident?”

“What about experts who can speak to the effects of this kind of trauma on a victim?” Feinstein asked in a separate statement.

“This is another attempt by Republicans to rush this nomination and not fully vet Judge Kavanaugh.”

end quotes

It is interesting that back in 1988, when I was an associate public health engineer for the corrupt Rensselaer County Health Department refusing to honor bribes taken by Democrats, I was receiving death threats as well, and I was featured in an Albany, New York Times Union article that is in the files of the FBI hanging by the neck in effigy in the back of a large truck at a public hearing the Democrats were holding to whip up mob frenzy against me, all of which is documented in several hundred pages of FBI records, and I was forced to have to leave my home to protect my family because of the death threats, and neither Obama nor Sonia Sotomayor saw anything wrong with that conduct towards myself.

Sauce for the goose versus sauce for the gander, I guess.

Such it is with Kabuki, afterall, especially when the Democrats are writing the script and acting out the principal roles.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ment-73454
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

NBC NEWS

"What will FBI investigation into Kavanaugh entail?"

Ken Dilanian and Kristen Welker and Rich Schapiro and Associated Press

29 SEPTEMBER 2018

President Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to investigate Christine Blasey Ford’s sexual assault accusation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh — but what does that mean, exactly?

Trump said the probe "must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

FBI agents will almost certainly interview Kavanaugh, Ford and other potential witnesses to the alleged attack.

The setting for these interviews will be far different than Thursday's extraordinary hearing on Capitol Hill where Ford and Kavanaugh answered questions before a panel of senators.

Trained interrogators will grill their subjects in private, with the threat of federal charges looming for anyone who might lie to an FBI agent.

The scope of the investigation, however, remains unclear.

Will the FBI look to interview other people beyond the ones Ford identified as having attended the high school gathering where the alleged assault took place in the early 1980?

Will the investigation also include the allegations leveled against Kavanaugh by other women, including Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick?

The answers to those questions will likely come from FBI Director Christopher Wray or White House Counsel Don McGahn.

Reached late Friday, the FBI referred questions to the White House.

The White House declined to answer specific inquiries.

Such a probe is not unprecedented.

The FBI reopened its background investigation of then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas in 1991 after the allegations from Anita Hill came to light.

The investigation lasted three days. Former Vice President Joe Biden, who presided over the hearings, said the committee could not rely on the FBI report because it was "inconclusive" — a point that several Republican senators re-emphasized on Thursday.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley echoed a quote from Biden after several Democratic senators asked Kavanaugh to commit to an FBI probe.

"The next person who refers to an FBI report as being worth anything obviously doesn’t understand anything."

"The FBI explicitly does not in this or any other case reach a conclusion."

"Period," Grassley said.

After Trump called for the FBI probe of Kavanaugh, Biden released a strongly-worded statement Friday defending his handling of the Hill hearings and praising the decision to reopen the FBI background investigation.

"Despite every effort to distort my words and record, I insisted on and got an FBI investigation 27 years ago," Biden said.

"It was the right thing to do then and it is the right thing to do now."

In Kavanaugh’s case, the agents will likely have particular interest in speaking with Mark Judge.

Ford said Judge, a close high school friend of Kavanaugh's, was in the room when he pinned her to a bed, tried to pull off her clothes and clasped his hand over her mouth to stifle her screams.

Judge had sent letters to the committee saying he did not recall any encounter between Kavanaugh and Ford.

But late Friday, Judge said in a letter to the committee that he was willing to cooperate with the FBI probe.

An attorney for PJ Smyth, another person who Ford said was in the house when she was attacked, said his client "is happy to cooperate fully with this FBI investigation."

As for the the time frame, experts say the work can be done in a matter of days in most circumstances.

Ron Hosko, a former FBI assistant director, said background investigations done by the bureau typically have short turnaround times because the requesting agency needs the information quickly in order to make a decision on the nominee.

The FBI cannot force someone to talk to them as part of the process.

"Based on what we publicly know as far as the universe of people, I don't see any reason why the FBI could not complete an investigation within one week," said Mark Zaid, a Washington lawyer and expert in security clearance and background investigations.

"Remember, they're not reaching a decision or recommendation."

"They are just compiling the investigation and reporting on it."

F.B.I. investigators looking into sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh will conduct interviews with only four people, at least initially.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... id=HPDHP17
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE NEW YORK TIMES

"Biden Is Preparing for 2020. Can He Overcome the Hill-Thomas Hearings?"

By ALEXANDER BURNS and JONATHAN MARTIN

1 OCTOBER 2018

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — At a Democratic rally in a downtown ballroom Sunday evening, Gov. Gina Raimondo of Rhode Island spoke vividly about the Senate hearings on the sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, saying her “stomach turned” as she watched.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was indignant, vowing “no more Kavanaughs” if the Democrats win control of the Senate in November.

When it was Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s turn to speak, he was stern but circumspect — even philosophical.

Republicans, he said, had displayed “blind rage and brute partisanship,” imperiling the Supreme Court’s moral authority.

He accused them of flouting norms he enforced as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 1990s.

“Dr. Blasey Ford gave courageous, credible testimony,” Mr. Biden said, referring to Christine Blasey Ford, who says Judge Kavanaugh attacked her when they were teenagers.

“She was denied an F.B.I. investigation, which was automatic when I was chairman.”

It was a pointed but careful condemnation from Mr. Biden, and a sign of how his former role on the Judiciary Committee is complicating his present-day status as a leader in the Democratic Party.

As he actively explores a 2020 presidential run, the 75-year-old former vice president is coming under increased scrutiny from his fellow Democrats because of his role in the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings in 1991, as explosive debates over gender, sex and the Supreme Court overshadow the themes of economic fairness that Mr. Biden trumpeted across the Northeast in recent days.

His name has been invoked frequently in recent days, mainly by Republicans, for leading the 1991 hearings when an all-male, all-white Judiciary Committee aggressively questioned Anita Hill about claims that Judge Thomas sexually harassed her.

The hearings have long been a source of discomfort with Mr. Biden among Democrats who remember the process.

Mr. Biden and his aides have issued multiple statements accusing Republicans of taking his past remarks and actions out of context to bolster their defense of Judge Kavanaugh.

But he has largely stayed on the margins of the current Supreme Court fight, and last week scrapped a trip to South Carolina and Georgia that would have overlapped with Dr. Blasey and Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony, though aides said that was not the reason for the cancellation.

The revival of interest in the Hill-Thomas hearings — and the mood of alarm among Democrats about the integrity of the Supreme Court — has clouded Mr. Biden’s 2020 deliberations as they approach a critical phase.

He has already been weighing his ambition to lead the country and his determination to help oust Mr. Trump against concern that a campaign would strain his family — and a sense that many Democrats are yearning for a leader from a younger, more diverse and pugilistic generation.

Even some of Mr. Biden’s friends say he will have to show remorse for the Hill-Thomas hearings if he wants Democrats to accept him as a leader for the future in a party sharply defined by the concerns of liberal women.

Former Senator Barbara Boxer of California — who won her seat in the so-called “Year of the Woman” election in 1992, triggered in part by outrage over the Hill-Thomas hearings — said Mr. Biden had to address his past head-on.

“If he handles it right, it could be a plus; if he handles it wrong, it’ll be a minus,” Ms. Boxer said.

“And handling it right means stepping up to the plate.”

Mr. Biden’s low profile in the Kavanaugh fight has contrasted sharply with the prominence of other potential 2020 candidates, including Senators Kamala Harris of California and Cory Booker of New Jersey, who questioned the judge and Dr. Blasey in the Judiciary Committee, and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

Ms. Warren said Saturday that the Republicans’ treatment of Dr. Blasey has pushed her closer to running for president.

Mr. Biden has privately expressed frustration about the ire directed at him for his Judiciary Committee tenure, according to multiple people who have spoken with him directly but requested anonymity to discuss private conversations.

He has been incensed about Republicans taking some of his past remarks out of context: They brandished one video clip from 1991 to suggest Mr. Biden had dismissed the value of having the F.B.I. investigate Ms. Hill’s allegations.

Mr. Biden’s spokesman said he had been rejecting an argument from a Republican, Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah, who said the F.B.I. had effectively exonerated Mr. Thomas.

But Mr. Biden has also complained to allies that fellow Democrats are now judging his role in the Hill hearings without, he believes, appropriately recognizing the limits of his power as a committee chairman, and the political reality of that moment.

Publicly, Mr. Biden has expressed regret about the way the Hill hearings unfolded; privately, he has also described it as unfair that Ms. Hill continues to hold him responsible for her rough treatment in the Senate.

Advisers to Mr. Biden said there was no current plan for confronting his handling of the Thomas nomination more exhaustively, and Mr. Biden has not reached out to Ms. Hill during the Kavanaugh hearings.

Yet Mr. Biden’s associates say that he would not be deterred from seeking the White House by the thought of having his record picked over.

Were he to forgo a run, Biden allies say, it would be mainly out of concern for his family, which has endured tragedy and turbulence the last several years: one of Mr. Biden’s sons, Beau, died of cancer in 2015 — contributing to his decision not to run in 2016 — and another son, Hunter, finalized a lurid divorce last year.

Mr. Biden’s former chief of staff, Steve Ricchetti, has been contacting Democratic donors to gauge their interest.

Several potential supporters have suggested that Mr. Biden pledge to serve one term as president, to cast his candidacy as an act of sacrifice and mute concerns about his age.

Another possibility would be to announce a younger running mate early in a campaign.

It is unclear how seriously Mr. Biden is entertaining either idea.

Mr. Biden may also signal with his midterm travel whether he is up for the rigors of a national campaign.

Aides said early in the summer that he would campaign up to four days a week this fall, but some concede privately he has kept a lighter schedule.

During a fund-raising visit to New York City in September, Mr. Biden spoke bluntly at multiple private events about his thinking about 2020, exposing his indecision about the race, according to people who attended the gatherings.

At a Manhattan fund-raiser for Richard Cordray, the Democratic nominee for governor of Ohio, Mr. Biden sounded a determined note, saying that he could take back once-Democratic regions, like the Midwest, that had drifted away from the party.

At another fund-raiser, Mr. Biden sounded more cautious, saying he could campaign for Democrats anywhere in the country this fall — except for Iowa and New Hampshire, because it would send the wrong message.

Vikas Desai, a venture-capital investor who attended the Cordray fund-raiser, said that Mr. Biden had sounded “very passionate” about 2020.

“I got the impression that he believes he can connect with the voter base of the U.S., now more than ever,” Mr. Desai said.

The midterms, Biden allies say, could offer sharp clarity about the appetite within the party for his brand of politics.

Should younger, unabashedly progressive Democrats, such as Stacey Abrams in Georgia and Andrew Gillum in Florida, win swing-state gubernatorial races, or should Beto O’Rourke prevail in his Senate bid in Texas, it could create a mood of electric generational change that might be inhospitable to Mr. Biden.

For now, however, Mr. Biden is unmatched among national Democrats in his ability to traverse the electoral map, ranging from the sparse expanse of North Dakota to the dense suburbs of Orange County, Calif.

He is expected to appear soon with both Ms. Abrams and Mr. Gillum, and is likely to visit the early-voting caucus state of Nevada as well.

A recent private poll in Iowa, the leadoff state in presidential races, found Mr. Biden with a 94 percent approval rating among Democratic caucusgoers and a clear lead in a 2020 contest over the next-strongest Democrat, Ms. Warren.

But in a warning sign, the poll also found most Democrats preferred a younger candidate with new ideas over an older candidate with deep experience in Washington.

Former Gov. Ted Strickland of Ohio, the last Democrat to lead that state, said Mr. Biden had a unique ability to assemble a winning coalition there, with an appeal anchored in his modest roots.

“He talks about things that are important to a lot of working-class Ohioans — health care and economic justice,” Mr. Strickland said, predicting Mr. Biden would start out as the Democratic front-runner if he runs.

But Mr. Strickland, who was a close ally of the Obama administration, said he was unsure how Mr. Biden would fare in a rowdy Democratic field, and said he would have to address “the Anita Hill period of his political life.”

Mr. Strickland added that he was personally urging another possible contender, Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington State, to enter the race.

In the broad orbit of former Obama administration officials, affection for Mr. Biden runs deep, but so do reservations about his potential candidacy.

Some worry that the idea of a Biden candidacy sounds better than it would turn out to be, and express a sense of protectiveness toward a former vice president who could see himself branded as something other than Democrats’ beloved “Uncle Joe” in a rough-and-tumble primary.

Others are actively recruiting another Obama ally for the race: former Gov. Deval Patrick of Massachusetts.

In separate conversations earlier this year, Valerie Jarrett, Mr. Obama’s former senior adviser, and Michelle Obama walked Mr. Patrick’s wife, Diane, through the demands and expectations of a national campaign, Democrats briefed on the discussions said.

Mr. Biden has told several Democrats, including some who are contemplating the 2020 race themselves, that if he sees a strong party leader emerge whom he could comfortably support, he might back that person rather than run himself.

The absence of such a figure, so far, has intensified his deliberations.

“He’s said for two years if somebody is really moving he’d step aside,’’ said Steve Schale, a Florida-based Democratic strategist who sought to draft Mr. Biden for the 2016 race.

“And I’d argue that nobody has stepped up yet.”

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 8, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Paul Plante says :

If you want to see an incipient authoritarian approach to government that has loyal Americans like myself who is not affiliated with either political party quite concerned, David Muir, I can think of no better recent example than the article from The Daily Wire entitled “Joe Biden Calls Trump Supporters ‘Virulent People,’ The ‘Dregs Of Society'” by Joseph Curl on September 17, 2018, as follows:

Joe Biden just had his “deplorables” moment.

Biden, who says he’ll decided in January whether to run for president in 2020 but who is making all the moves of a presidential candidate, used a pro-LGBT Human Rights Campaign annual dinner on Saturday to rip President Trump.

And in so doing, Biden had a moment reminiscent of Hillary Clinton, when she called Trump supporters “deplorables.”

end quotes

Who are these people, David Muir, to be denouncing American citizens?

Reminds me of Adolph Hitler in Germany denouncing the Jews, to be very truthful with you, David Muir.

Getting back to that story of incipient Democrat authoritarianism in America, we have:

Biden did his old act, starting off soft and avuncular before booming through his power points, punching the air and flailing about.

“Despite losing in the courts, and in the court of opinion, these forces of intolerance remain determined to undermine and roll back the progress you all have made,” he said.

“This time they — not you — have an ally in the White House.”

“This time they have an ally.”

“They’re a small percentage of the American people — virulent people, some of them the dregs of society.”

end quotes

Oh, really?

And I suppose these shriekers, and screamers and howlers the Democrats have been flooding the news with the last so many days as they rampage their mobs in Washington, D.C. are the cream of society in this country, along with Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

And speaking of similarities to the rug-chewing madman Hitler, we have this from that same article, to wit:

Biden got himself lathered up into a full froth as he waxed poetic about his and “Barack’s” thoughts on Trump.

“Barack and I agreed to remain silent for a while to give this administration the chance to get up and running in the first year,” Biden said.

“God forgive me,” he added, making the sign of the cross as the audience applauded.

“Those who try to excuse this kind of prejudice in the name of culture, I say, ‘Prejudice is prejudice and humanity is humanity — it is a crime,'” Biden said, urging those in the room to continue to oppose Trump.

“Our work is not yet done by any stretch of the imagination.”

“The stakes are much too high.”

And then he went even further. “This is deadly earnest, we are in a fight for America’s soul,” Biden said.

end quotes

Frankly, David Muir, those words about the Democrats “fighting for America’s soul” chill me to my very core, given my own personal experience with howling Democrat mobs over the years.

And back to the article once again, where we have as follows concerning Hillary, to wit:

Clinton used similar language when she called “half” of Trump’s supporters “deplorables” during the 2016 campaign.

“To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,” Clinton said in September 2016.

“Right?”

Now, Biden has done much the same.

And just as Biden began his speech, a few people in the crowd yelled “Run Joe!”

He replied: “Thank you.”

See you in 2020, Joe.

end quotes

That should scare the hell out of every loyal American in this country including you, David Muir.

So, does it?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ment-78972
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE NEW YORK TIMES

"Biden Is Preparing for 2020. Can He Overcome the Hill-Thomas Hearings?"

By ALEXANDER BURNS and JONATHAN MARTIN

1 OCTOBER 2018

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — At a Democratic rally in a downtown ballroom Sunday evening, Gov. Gina Raimondo of Rhode Island spoke vividly about the Senate hearings on the sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, saying her “stomach turned” as she watched.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was indignant, vowing “no more Kavanaughs” if the Democrats win control of the Senate in November.

When it was Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s turn to speak, he was stern but circumspect — even philosophical.

Republicans, he said, had displayed “blind rage and brute partisanship,” imperiling the Supreme Court’s moral authority.

He accused them of flouting norms he enforced as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 1990s.

“Dr. Blasey Ford gave courageous, credible testimony,” Mr. Biden said, referring to Christine Blasey Ford, who says Judge Kavanaugh attacked her when they were teenagers.

“She was denied an F.B.I. investigation, which was automatic when I was chairman.”

It was a pointed but careful condemnation from Mr. Biden, and a sign of how his former role on the Judiciary Committee is complicating his present-day status as a leader in the Democratic Party.

As he actively explores a 2020 presidential run, the 75-year-old former vice president is coming under increased scrutiny from his fellow Democrats because of his role in the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings in 1991, as explosive debates over gender, sex and the Supreme Court overshadow the themes of economic fairness that Mr. Biden trumpeted across the Northeast in recent days.

His name has been invoked frequently in recent days, mainly by Republicans, for leading the 1991 hearings when an all-male, all-white Judiciary Committee aggressively questioned Anita Hill about claims that Judge Thomas sexually harassed her.

The hearings have long been a source of discomfort with Mr. Biden among Democrats who remember the process.

The revival of interest in the Hill-Thomas hearings — and the mood of alarm among Democrats about the integrity of the Supreme Court — has clouded Mr. Biden’s 2020 deliberations as they approach a critical phase.

He has already been weighing his ambition to lead the country and his determination to help oust Mr. Trump against concern that a campaign would strain his family — and a sense that many Democrats are yearning for a leader from a younger, more diverse and pugilistic generation.

Even some of Mr. Biden’s friends say he will have to show remorse for the Hill-Thomas hearings if he wants Democrats to accept him as a leader for the future in a party sharply defined by the concerns of liberal women.

Former Senator Barbara Boxer of California — who won her seat in the so-called “Year of the Woman” election in 1992, triggered in part by outrage over the Hill-Thomas hearings — said Mr. Biden had to address his past head-on.

“If he handles it right, it could be a plus; if he handles it wrong, it’ll be a minus,” Ms. Boxer said.

“And handling it right means stepping up to the plate.”

But Mr. Biden has also complained to allies that fellow Democrats are now judging his role in the Hill hearings without, he believes, appropriately recognizing the limits of his power as a committee chairman, and the political reality of that moment.

Publicly, Mr. Biden has expressed regret about the way the Hill hearings unfolded; privately, he has also described it as unfair that Ms. Hill continues to hold him responsible for her rough treatment in the Senate.

THE HILL

"Biden: Trump is 'trashing American values'"

Mary Tyler March

13 OCTOBER 2019

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday slammed President Trump in one of his most stinging rebukes of the president, saying at a campaign rally that Trump was "trashing American values."

"He is just trashing American values the way he talks about people, the way he makes fun of people, the way he denigrates folks," Biden said at a rally in Owingsville, Ky., according to The New York Times.

"I got to tell you, I think there is a method to his madness because he wants you to get down in the mosh pit with him."

Biden's remarks came as he stumped for Democratic House candidate Amy McGrath.

McGrath faces a tough challenge from GOP Rep. Andy Barr, who has represented Kentucky's 6th District since 2013.

McGrath, a former fighter pilot, is running in a district President Trump won by more than 15 points.

Still, nonpartisan political handicapper, The Cook Political Report, has rated the race a "toss-up."

Trump is scheduled to campaign for Barr on Saturday.

"We can't possibly in my view win the presidency unless we can begin to reclaim those white working-class voters that used to vote for us," Biden told the Times after the rally, adding that he thought Trump's appeal to such voters was limited.

"His value set is much too narrow and self-serving, and I think it's deliberately designed to appeal to the legitimate frustrations of a lot of working-class people by finding a scapegoat, the 'other,'" Biden added.

"Your lost your job, your identity is being threatened because of that immigrant."

"It's an old, old method."

"I look out there and I just don't know how much more grievance can be appealed to by this guy to keep a majority," he said.

Biden, who has been seen as a potential front-runner for the Democratic nomination in 2020, said Wednesday that he is not a candidate for his party's presidential nomination "at this point."

"I think there are many people in the Democratic Party who can defeat Trump," he said.

"And not a single aspiring candidate that I can think of for the nomination - and I am not one at this point - does not have a better understanding and formulation of American foreign policy than President Trump, in my view."

Biden and Trump have sparred frequently in recent years.

The former senator said in March that he would have "beat the hell out of" Trump in high school over his degrading comments about women, later saying that he regretted making the comment.

Trump, last week, said at a campaign-style rally in Kansas that if he fought Biden "it would not last long."

"Remember he challenged me to a fight."

"'I'd like to take him behind the barn.'"

"I'd love that."

"That wouldn't last long."

"That would not last long."

"That wouldn't last long," the president said, imitating Biden.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 14, 2018

Op-Ed: Fighting for the Soul of America

Special Opinion to the Mirror by Paul Plante

First of all, before I go any further, let me make it quite clear that I am an American, which means I am neither a Democrat, nor a Republican, both of which are minorities here in America, and I do vote, although I will not give my vote to anybody on the Republican line, nor on the Democrat line, so if I am chewing into the seditionist, demagogue Democrats in here for fomenting sedition, it in no way, shape or manner means that I am for the Republicans, because I am not.

And if the Republicans were advocating for sedition, I would be going after them, as well, but they are not, so right now, they are outside of this discussion, which is on the soul of America, whatever in fact that really may be.

And another important point is that all this crap going on with the media and fake news and Google being unfair to Donald Trump is nothing new, because it has been going on since there was a United States of America.

The newspapers in America have never been fair, nor is it likely in too many cases that they have ever printed “the truth,” since that is not what they exist for in the first place.

And despite the horsecrap put out by the demagogue Democrats to shame those of us who refuse to kowtow to them and cleave to their banner in the name of some knd of solidarity, we have never truly been one people, and we as a people have not believed everybody is created equally, despite those words being in the Declaration of Independence, a document of historical significance, perhaps, but other than that, has no binding effect on anybody, including the people who signed it.

As to everybody in America not being created equal, the version of predestination espoused by John Calvin, after whom Calvinism is named, sometimes referred to as “double predestination,” teaches that God predestines some people for salvation election) and some for condemnation (i.e. Reprobation).

According to Calvin: “Not all are created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestined to life or to death.”

As to Calvinism being here in America at the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Oxford Research Encyclopedia of American History provides as follows:

American Calvinism owes its existence to the transplanting of European churches and religious institutions to North America, a process that began in the 16th century, first with Spanish and French Roman Catholics, and accelerated a century later when Dutch, English, Scottish, and German colonists and immigrants of diverse Protestant backgrounds settled in the New World.

The initial variety of Calvinists in North America was the result of the different circumstances under which Protestantism emerged in Europe as a rival to the Roman Catholic Church, to the diverse civil governments that supported established Protestant churches, and to the various business sponsors that included the Christian ministry as part of imperial or colonial designs.

Once the British dominated the Eastern seaboard (roughly 1675), and after English colonists successfully fought for political independence (1783), Calvinism lost its variety.

Beyond their separate denominations, English-speaking Protestants (whether English, Scottish, or Irish) created a plethora of interdenominational religious agencies for the purpose of establishing a Christian presence in an expanding American society.

For these Calvinists, being Protestant went hand in hand with loyalty to the United States.

Outside this pan-Protestant network of Anglo-American churches and religious institutions were ethnic-based Calvinist denominations caught between Old World ways of being Christian and American patterns of religious life.

Over time, most Calvinist groups adapted to national norms, while some retained institutional autonomy for fear of compromising their faith.

Since 1970, when the United States entered an era sometimes called post-Protestant, Calvinist churches and institutions have either declined or become stagnant.

But in certain academic, literary, and popular culture settings, Calvinism has for some Americans, whether connected or not to Calvinist churches, continued to be a source for sober reflection on human existence and earnest belief and religious practice.

End quotes

For proof of us not being one people in the beginning, just as we most definitely are not one people now, as these just concluded Blasey Ford Hearings before the Senate Judicial Committee have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, it is only necessary to refer to FEDERALIST No. 24, “The Powers Necessary to the Common Defense Further Considered,” for the Independent Journal to the People of the State of New York by Alexander Hamilton circa December 1787, as follows:

A stranger to our politics, who was to read our newspapers at the present juncture, without having previously inspected the plan reported by the convention, would be naturally led to one of two conclusions: either that it contained a positive injunction, that standing armies should be kept up in time of peace; or that it vested in the EXECUTIVE the whole power of levying troops, without subjecting his discretion, in any shape, to the control of the legislature.

If he came afterwards to peruse the plan itself, he would be surprised to discover, that neither the one nor the other was the case; that the whole power of raising armies was lodged in the LEGISLATURE, not in the EXECUTIVE; that this legislature was to be a popular body, consisting of the representatives of the people periodically elected; and that instead of the provision he had supposed in favor of standing armies, there was to be found, in respect to this object, an important qualification even of the legislative discretion, in that clause which forbids the appropriation of money for the support of an army for any longer period than two years – a precaution which, upon a nearer view of it, will appear to be a great and real security against the keeping up of troops without evident necessity.

Disappointed in his first surmise, the person I have supposed would be apt to pursue his conjectures a little further.

He would naturally say to himself, it is impossible that all this vehement and pathetic declamation can be without some colorable pretext.

End quotes

Those words by Hamilton some 231 years ago about “all this vehement and pathetic declamation” are in fact what we are again hearing today from the demagogue Democrats, most recently with respect to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be a Supreme court Justice, but really, going back to 2016, and Hillary Clinton’s now-famous claim where she lumped loyal Americans she didn’t like because they didn’t like her, into what she and the Democrats call a “Basket of Deplorables,” which is like a toilet the Democrats would flush their opponents down if only they could get control of the federal government to do so, which takes us back to Federalist No. 24, as follows:

He would never be able to imagine, while any source of information remained unexplored, that it was nothing more than an experiment upon the public credulity, dictated either by a deliberate intention to deceive, or by the overflowings of a zeal too intemperate to be ingenuous.

End quotes

That is again what we have today here in America from these demagogue Democrats – another experiment upon the public credulity, dictated by a deliberate intention to deceive, which is something the Democrats are really quite adept at today, which again takes us back to Federalist No. 24, as follows:

If he happened to be a man of quick sensibility, or ardent temper, he could now no longer refrain from regarding these clamors as the dishonest artifices of a sinister and unprincipled opposition to a plan which ought at least to receive a fair and candid examination from all sincere lovers of their country!

End quotes

Now, 231 years later, those of us who happen to be men and women of quick sensibility can no longer refrain from regarding these clamors coming at us from all quarters from the Dermocrats as the dishonest artifices of a sinister and unprincipled opposition to our very form of government here in this country, which once again takes us back to Federalist No. 24, as follows:

Even such a man could hardly forbear remarking, that a conduct of this kind has too much the appearance of an intention to mislead the people by alarming their passions, rather than to convince them by arguments addressed to their understandings.

End quotes

That is exactly what the demagogue Democrats, and here I will name Charley “Chuck” Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Mazie Hirono, Nancy Pelosi, “Joltin’ Joe” Biden and the Queen Mum herself, Hillary Rodham Clinton, are doing today – misleading the people of America by alarming their passions, rather than convincing them by arguments addressed to their understandings – because the Democrats have no such arguments to offer, only emotional bull****, and that by the bucketful, which takes us to an article in the Daily Wire entitled “Joe Biden Calls Trump Supporters ‘Virulent People,’ The ‘Dregs Of Society'” by Joseph Curl on September 17, 2018, as follows:

Joe Biden just had his “deplorables” moment.

Biden, who says he’ll decided in January whether to run for president in 2020 but who is making all the moves of a presidential candidate, used a pro-LGBT Human Rights Campaign annual dinner on Saturday to rip President Trump.

And in so doing, Biden had a moment reminiscent of Hillary Clinton, when she called Trump supporters “deplorables.”

Biden got himself lathered up into a full froth as he waxed poetic about his and “Barack’s” thoughts on Trump.

“Barack and I agreed to remain silent for a while to give this administration the chance to get up and running in the first year,” Biden said.

“God forgive me,” he added, making the sign of the cross as the audience applauded.

“Our work is not yet done by any stretch of the imagination.”

“The stakes are much too high.”

And then he went even further. “This is deadly earnest, we are in a fight for America’s soul,” Biden said.

End quotes

And there it is, people, in stark black and white – the reason for the title of this thread – Joe Biden and the Democrats are at war with the rest of us in America who are not Democrats and do not want to be for America’s soul!

The next civil war has started and God help the nation and those of us who do not want to be under the Democrat bootheel if the Democrats should chance to win!

As to the demagogue Democrat Hillary, that article included her, as follows:

Clinton used similar language when she called “half” of Trump’s supporters “deplorables” during the 2016 campaign.

“To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,” Clinton said in September 2016.

“Right?”

End quotes

And that in turn takes us to a FOX News article entitled “Pelosi filing FOIA request for key Kavanaugh documents, prolonging fight” by Samuel Chamberlain on 8 October 2018, as follows:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Sunday she will request that the government make public the FBI’s supplemental background report into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, indicating the Democrats’ fight against Kavanaugh is not over.

In her letter, Pelosi said Kavanaugh’s confirmation “has wounded the very soul of justice in our country” and called it a “dark chapter.”

End quotes

And there we see it again, people – the democrats are claiming now to be the keepers of America’s soul, which takes us back to that FOX News article as follows:
In her letter, Pelosi told her colleagues to channel their disappointment at Kavanaugh’s confirmation toward success at the ballot box next month.

“We must not agonize, we must organize,” Pelosi wrote.

“People must vote.”

End quotes

Yes, indeed, people, we must vote to thwart the plans of the Democrats to take control of our national government.

So, then, what about the “soul” of America?

What is it?

Where can it be found?

And how would we recognize it if we could find it?

And my simple answer would be to tell everyone in America over the age of 18 who can vote this year to go to FEDERALIST No. 23, “The Necessity of a Government as Energetic as the One Proposed to the Preservation of the Union” from the New York Packet to the People of the State of New York by Alexander Hamilton on Tuesday, December 18, 1787, and carefully study these words, as follows:

THE necessity of a Constitution, at least equally energetic with the one proposed, to the preservation of the Union, is the point at the examination of which we are now arrived.

This inquiry will naturally divide itself into three branches – the objects to be provided for by the federal government, the quantity of power necessary to the accomplishment of those objects, the persons upon whom that power ought to operate.

Its distribution and organization will more properly claim our attention under the succeeding head.

The principal purposes to be answered by union are these – the common defense of the members; the preservation of the public peace as well against internal convulsions as external attacks; the regulation of commerce with other nations and between the States; the superintendence of our intercourse, political and commercial, with foreign countries.

End quotes

There, people, is the soul of America – the reason we have a national government in Washington, D. C. today is to provide for the common defense of the fifty states and to preserve the public peace against internal convulsions instigated by the Democrats as well as external attacks; and to regulate our commerce with other nations and between the States; and the superintendence of our intercourse, political and commercial, with foreign countries.

That is it!

So when you hear these demagogue Democrats talking about making war on the rest of us for possession of the soul of America, which they claim as their own, ask yourself this existential question – which side will you be on?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... f-america/
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR October 14, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Paul Plante says :

With respect to this fight the seditionist, demagogue Democrats, a minority in the United States of America, are now waging against the rest of us in America who are not Democrats for possession of what they are calling “the soul” of America, given their propensity for catchy soundbites, since they have nothing more concrete to offer us other than empty slogans, in FEDERALIST No. 26, “The Idea of Restraining the Legislative Authority in Regard to the Common Defense Considered” for the Independent Journal to the People of the State of New York by Alexander Hamilton circa December 1787, it was stated thusly, to wit:

IT WAS a thing hardly to be expected that in a popular revolution the minds of men should stop at that happy mean which marks the salutary boundary between POWER and PRIVILEGE, and combines the energy of government with the security of private rights.

end quotes

And as we step back to rationally and calmly consider the times we now find ourselves surrounded by, how true these demagogue Democrats, whose ranks now include Eric Himpton Holder, Jr., the former chief “law enforcement officer” of the United States during the reign of the Marxist president of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, how true we see those words to be, because it is POWER and PRIVILEGE these demagogue Democrats are clawing for, with their screaming, howling mobs as their favored weapon, which weapons they wield with practiced skill.

In Federalist No. 26, written some 231 years ago now, at the time of the birth of this nation, Hamilton continued on as follows, to wit:

The opponents of the proposed Constitution combat, in this respect, the general decision of America; and instead of being taught by experience the propriety of correcting any extremes into which we may have heretofore run, they appear disposed to conduct us into others still more dangerous, and more extravagant.

It may be affirmed without the imputation of invective, that if the principles they inculcate, on various points, could so far obtain as to become the popular creed, they would utterly unfit the people of this country for any species of government whatever.

end quotes

Reading that, one can clearly see that 231 years ago, we were a divided people back then, and now 231 years later, these demagogue Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Charley “Chuck” Schumer, the Queen Mum Hillary Rodham Clinton, “Joltin’ Joe” Biden and Eric Himpton Holder, Jr. are doing their utmost to divide us once again, which takes us back to this statement from 231 years ago in Federalist No. 26, as follows:

The citizens of America have too much discernment to be argued into anarchy.

end quotes

Which in its turn raises this existential question today: ARE WE REALLY?

Which takes us back to another truth from Federalist No. 26, as follows:

As the spirit of party, in different degrees, must be expected to infect all political bodies, there will be, no doubt, persons in the national legislature willing enough to arraign the measures and criminate the views of the majority.

end quotes

And boy, especially after this most recent Blasey Ford Farce the Democrats tried to foist off on us, that is just so true all over again – yes, there are, and their names are Dianne Feinstein, Mazie Hirono and Charley “Chuck” Schumer, which takes us back to this query from Federalist No. 26, as follows:

Is it presumable, that every man, the instant he took his seat in the national Senate or House of Representatives, would commence a traitor to his constituents and to his country?

end quotes

That, people, is a question we really need to put some thought into today, because clearly, while not all them might not be, clearly, some of them very much appear to have become so, which thought takes us to FEDERALIST No. 27, The Same Subject Continued, from the New York Packet to the People of the State of New York by Alexander Hamilton on Tuesday, December 25, 1787, as follows:

Various reasons have been suggested, in the course of these papers, to induce a probability that the general government will be better administered than the particular governments; the principal of which reasons are that the extension of the spheres of election will present a greater option, or latitude of choice, to the people; that through the medium of the State legislatures which are select bodies of men, and which are to appoint the members of the national Senate there is reason to expect that this branch will generally be composed with peculiar care and judgment; that these circumstances promise greater knowledge and more extensive information in the national councils, and that they will be less apt to be tainted by the spirit of faction, and more out of the reach of those occasional ill-humors, or temporary prejudices and propensities, which, in smaller societies, frequently contaminate the public councils, beget injustice and oppression of a part of the community, and engender schemes which, though they gratify a momentary inclination or desire, terminate in general distress, dissatisfaction, and disgust.

end quotes

Reading that today, 231 later, all I can think is just how wrong Alexander Hamilton was back then in his surmisal that the United States Senate would be composed with peculiar care and judgment, which circumstances would supposedly promise greater knowledge and more extensive information in the national councils, and that they would be less apt to be tainted by the spirit of faction, and more out of the reach of those occasional ill-humors, or temporary prejudices and propensities, which, in smaller societies, frequently contaminate the public councils, beget injustice and oppression of a part of the community, and engender schemes which, though they gratify a momentary inclination or desire, terminate in general distress, dissatisfaction, and disgust.

How wrong, indeed!

Clearly, 231 years ago, Alexander Hamilton was totally unable to foresee the rise of the Democrat party here in America, which is now, as we speak, engendering schemes which, though they gratify a momentary inclination or desire for the Democrats, terminate in general distress, dissatisfaction, and disgust by the rest of the American people who do not cleave to the battle standard of that turbulent minority faction here in America.

So, people, once again, ask yourself this important existential question – in this battle these Democrats are waging to capture the soul of America to make it theirs, to the detriment of the rest of us who are not Democrats, which side will you be on?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ment-80362
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR December 2, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Paul Plante says :

The Cape Charles Mirror says: In other incidents, we are asked to treat patently insane people as if they have coherent political agendas.

end quotes

Amen to that in spades.

Insane people are insane.

They are insane because they lack the ability, for whatever reason, to act rationally in society, so that they are a danger to themselves and/or others.

People who are insane by definition cannot have a rational, coherent political agenda.

And somebody in America today who glorifies the Nazis and/or the rug-chewing madman Adolph Hitler is neither sane nor rational and should be removed from society and institutionalized in a place for the criminally insane, which of course would violate their rights in a Democracy to be who they want to be, and that would have the liberals howling and the ACLU yowling, so it isn’t going to happen.

And besides, as any of us who follow the courts in this country know, and know well, Nazi hate speech is protected by the Supreme Court, and by extension then, so are the Nazis who make that kind of hate speech, so what is the failing Washington Post blathering about and whining about when some of these Supreme Court-approved Nazis act out on their Supreme Court-approved hate speech?

As to the protection of hate speech by Nazis in this country, and all other WHACK-JOBS and LOONIES and CRAZIES, as well, including the Democrat party paramilitaries known as ANTI-FA, we have this from an American Library Association site, http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/hate to wit:

Hate Speech and Hate Crime

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution protects speech no matter how offensive its content.

To be clear, the First Amendment does not protect behavior that crosses the line into targeted harassment or threats, or that creates a pervasively hostile environment.

But merely offensive or bigoted speech does not rise to that level, and determining when conduct crosses that line is a legal question that requires examination on a case-by-case basis.

end quotes

Now, you would think that a Washington, D.C. rag that thinks itself “venerable” would know all of that, and would draw the same conclusion that I do, which is that if we do have some right-wing WHACKOS out there doing violence, we have the United States Supreme Court and the liberals in this country to thank for it.

Getting back to the ALA site:

Hate Speech in the Law and the Courts

Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”

(Matal v. Tam, 2017)

end quotes

In Matal v. Tam, a recent U.S. Supreme Court case, the rock group “The Slants,” chose that name to dilute the term’s denigrating force as a derogatory term for Asians.

The Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) denied an application for registration of the name under 15 U.S.C. 1052(a), which prohibits the registration of trademarks that may “disparage . . . or bring . . . into contemp[t] or disrepute” any “persons, living or dead.”

The Supreme Court affirmed the Federal Circuit in finding the clause unconstitutional.

end quotes

Is the Supreme Court inciting people to violence here by encouraging hate speech?

Or is it really a case of where they are powerless to do anything about it, given how hate speech has been a part of American society since before these was a United States of America.

“Hate speech” doesn’t have a legal definition under U.S. law, just as there is no legal definition for rudeness, evil ideas, unpatriotic speech, or any other kind of speech that people might condemn.

Generally, however, hate speech is any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons.

end quotes

That of course, would have to include Hillary Clinton calling loyal American citizens a “BASKET OF DEPLORABLES” and Joe Biden refering to Trump supporters as “Dregs Of Society,” which are two prime examples of how hate speech has entered into our main-stream politics at the national level in this country, along with Nancy Pelosi attacking the Republicans for “trying to make America white,” which is a prime example of a form of expression through which the speaker, in this case Nancy Pelosi, intends to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons in this country with white skin, for partisan political gain.

In the United States, hate speech enjoys substantial protection under the First Amendment.

This is based upon the belief that freedom of speech requires the government to strictly protect robust debate on matters of public concern even when such debate devolves into distasteful, offensive, or hateful speech that causes others to feel grief, anger, or fear.

Under current First Amendment jurisprudence, hate speech can only be criminalized when it directly incites imminent criminal activity or consists of specific threats of violence targeted against a person or group.

In 1969, the Supreme Court protected a Ku Klux Klan member’s hateful and disparaging speech directed towards African-Americans, holding that such speech could only be limited if it posed an “imminent danger” of inciting violence.

The court ruled in Brandenburg v. Ohio that a state could only forbid or proscribe advocacy that is “directed to inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.”

In 1978, the Supreme Court upheld an appellate court decision that allowed a group of neo-Nazis to march on the streets of an Illinois suburb housing a substantial Jewish population that included Holocaust survivors. (Collin v. Smith, 1978).

It 1992, the Supreme Court overturned the conviction of a teenager convicted of burning a cross on the lawn of an African American family’s home (R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, 1992).

In 2011, the Supreme Court set aside a civil judgment that punished a church group, the Westboro Baptist Church, for picketing a military funeral with signs displaying messages disparaging the dead officer, LGBTQ persons, and the U.S. government (Snyder v. Phelps, 2011).

Many Americans found the signs hateful and offensive, but the Supreme Court’s decision re-confirmed the Supreme Court’s historically strong protection of freedom of speech that does not promote imminent violence.

According to the Supreme Court, we “must tolerate insulting, and even outrageous, speech in order to provide adequate ‘breathing space’ to the freedoms protected by the First Amendment.” (Boos v. Barry, 1988).

Tolerance of hate speech not only protects and upholds everyone’s right to express outrageous, unorthodox or unpopular speech; it also allows society and the targets of hate speech to know about and respond to racist or hateful speech and protect against its harms.

end quotes

Thus, the hate speech of Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi is protected,

And thus is life in our America today.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/i ... ent-101240