Just musings, is all

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: Just musings, is all

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 4, 2021 AT 10:40 PM

Paul Plante says:

As to the Commentaries of Joseph Story (1779-1845), considered the foremost jurist and Constitutional law scholar of his time, being based upon his reading of the Federalist Papers, I too have read the complete set of Federalist papers, No. 1 through No. 85 several times now, and having the benefit of the passage of time to do some “fact-checking” of the assumptions made by James Madison and Alexander Hamilton in 1788, I find there is a lot of “pie-in-the-sky” contained therein, as well as what can be termed just plain bull****.

In FEDERALIST No. 85 from MCLEAN’s Edition, New York, to the People of the State of New York by Alexander Hamilton, titled “Concluding Remarks,” one gets more than a whiff of Hamilton’s fear of what would happen if the proposed Constitution were to be rejected, as we see in the following from that paper, to wit:

The additional securities to republican government, to liberty and to property, to be derived from the adoption of the plan under consideration, consist chiefly in the restraints which the preservation of the Union will impose on local factions and insurrections, and on the ambition of powerful individuals in single States, who may acquire credit and influence enough, from leaders and favorites, to become the despots of the people; in the diminution of the opportunities to foreign intrigue, which the dissolution of the Confederacy would invite and facilitate; in the prevention of extensive military establishments, which could not fail to grow out of wars between the States in a disunited situation; in the express guaranty of a republican form of government to each; in the absolute and universal exclusion of titles of nobility; and in the precautions against the repetition of those practices on the part of the State governments which have undermined the foundations of property and credit, have planted mutual distrust in the breasts of all classes of citizens, and have occasioned an almost universal prostration of morals.

Thus have I, fellow-citizens, executed the task I had assigned to myself; with what success, your conduct must determine.

I trust at least you will admit that I have not failed in the assurance I gave you respecting the spirit with which my endeavors should be conducted.

I have addressed myself purely to your judgments, and have studiously avoided those asperities which are too apt to disgrace political disputants of all parties, and which have been not a little provoked by the language and conduct of the opponents of the Constitution.

The charge of a conspiracy against the liberties of the people, which has been indiscriminately brought against the advocates of the plan, has something in it too wanton and too malignant, not to excite the indignation of every man who feels in his own bosom a refutation of the calumny.

The perpetual charges which have been rung upon the wealthy, the well-born, and the great, have been such as to inspire the disgust of all sensible men.

And the unwarrantable concealments and misrepresentations which have been in various ways practiced to keep the truth from the public eye, have been of a nature to demand the reprobation of all honest men.

It is not impossible that these circumstances may have occasionally betrayed me into intemperances of expression which I did not intend; it is certain that I have frequently felt a struggle between sensibility and moderation; and if the former has in some instances prevailed, it must be my excuse that it has been neither often nor much.

end quotes

So upon reading those words, what was Joseph Story to think, given that his Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States were written in 1833, just 45 years after the publication of the Federalist Papers?

Would he refute Hamilton or uphold him, given these following words from Federalist No. 85, to wit:

Let us now pause and ask ourselves whether, in the course of these papers, the proposed Constitution has not been satisfactorily vindicated from the aspersions thrown upon it; and whether it has not been shown to be worthy of the public approbation, and necessary to the public safety and prosperity.

Every man is bound to answer these questions to himself, according to the best of his conscience and understanding, and to act agreeably to the genuine and sober dictates of his judgment.

This is a duty from which nothing can give him a dispensation.

IT is one that he is called upon, nay, constrained by all the obligations that form the bands of society, to discharge sincerely and honestly.

No partial motive, no particular interest, no pride of opinion, no temporary passion or prejudice, will justify to himself, to his country, or to his posterity, an improper election of the part he is to act.

Let him beware of an obstinate adherence to party; let him reflect that the object upon which he is to decide is not a particular interest of the community, but the very existence of the nation; and let him remember that a majority of America has already given its sanction to the plan which he is to approve or reject.

end quotes

If in 1788, Hamilton was telling the candid world that a majority of America has already given its sanction to the plan, would Story gainsay him in 1833 and say it was not so, with Hamilton stating thusly in Federalist No. 85:

I shall not dissemble that I feel an entire confidence in the arguments which recommend the proposed system to your adoption, and that I am unable to discern any real force in those by which it has been opposed.

I am persuaded that it is the best which our political situation, habits, and opinions will admit, and superior to any the revolution has produced.

end quotes

Hamilton then went on as follows:

No advocate of the measure can be found, who will not declare as his sentiment, that the system, though it may not be perfect in every part, is, upon the whole, a good one; is the best that the present views and circumstances of the country will permit; and is such an one as promises every species of security which a reasonable people can desire.

I answer in the next place, that I should esteem it the extreme of imprudence to prolong the precarious state of our national affairs, and to expose the Union to the jeopardy of successive experiments, in the chimerical pursuit of a perfect plan.

I never expect to see a perfect work from imperfect man.

The result of the deliberations of all collective bodies must necessarily be a compound, as well of the errors and prejudices, as of the good sense and wisdom, of the individuals of whom they are composed.

The compacts which are to embrace thirteen distinct States in a common bond of amity and union, must as necessarily be a compromise of as many dissimilar interests and inclinations.

How can perfection spring from such materials?

end quotes

Given all of this, could it be said that Story when writing his Commentaries was backed into a corner?

As to pie-in-the-sky, or a look through rose-colored glasses, Hamilton continues as follows in Federalist no. 85:

We may safely rely on the disposition of the State legislatures to erect barriers against the encroachments of the national authority.

If the foregoing argument is a fallacy, certain it is that I am myself deceived by it, for it is, in my conception, one of those rare instances in which a political truth can be brought to the test of a mathematical demonstration.

Those who see the matter in the same light with me, however zealous they may be for amendments, must agree in the propriety of a previous adoption, as the most direct road to their own object.

end quotes

While that may have been true in 1833, in our times today, with the “national authority” coming further and further into our lives, can we really rely on the disposition of the State legislatures to erect barriers against the encroachments of the national authority?

And regardless of what may have been going on in 1833 when Story wrote his Commentaries based on the Federalist Papers, that answer in our times today is in the negative!

Which brings us to Hamilton’s conclusion, as follows:

These judicious reflections contain a lesson of moderation to all the sincere lovers of the Union, and ought to put them upon their guard against hazarding anarchy, civil war, a perpetual alienation of the States from each other, and perhaps the military despotism of a victorious demagogue, in the pursuit of what they are not likely to obtain, but from time and experience.

It may be in me a defect of political fortitude, but I acknowledge that I cannot entertain an equal tranquility with those who affect to treat the dangers of a longer continuance in our present situation as imaginary.

A nation, without a national government, is, in my view, an awful spectacle.

The establishment of a Constitution, in time of profound peace, by the voluntary consent of a whole people, is a prodigy, to the completion of which I look forward with trembling anxiety.

I can reconcile it to no rules of prudence to let go the hold we now have, in so arduous an enterprise, upon seven out of the thirteen States, and after having passed over so considerable a part of the ground, to recommence the course.

I dread the more the consequences of new attempts, because I know that powerful individuals, in this and in other States, are enemies to a general national government in every possible shape.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/i ... ent-377043
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 5, 2021 AT 7:57 PM

Paul Plante says:

And talk about the Fourth of July bringing out and highlighting the gross ignorance that exists in America today, and the incredible stupidity of certain PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT members of congress, let us go to a Newsweek article entitled “Progressive Lawmakers Call Fourth of July Freedom for Whites: Blacks ‘Still Aren’t Free'” by Christina Zhao on 4 July 2021, where we have as follows:

Black progressive lawmakers on Sunday questioned the inclusivity of the freedoms celebrated on Independence Day as the White House prepared for an evening of traditional festivities.

end quotes

Which raises the question of where do these people come up with all these different meanings for INDEPENDENCE DAY, such as these Black progressive lawmakers questioning the inclusivity of the freedoms celebrated on Independence Day?

What “freedoms?”

We do not celebrate “freedoms” on Independence Day, period!

Independence Day — known colloquially as the Fourth of July — marks the date in 1776 when the Second Continental Congress finally approved the US Declaration of Independence, marking the freedom of the thirteen American colonies from British colonial rule.

And that is it, period!

And since then, July 4, 1776 has been considered America’s “birthday,” making her 245 years old this year.

That’s what we “celebrate,” and that is all we “celebrate,” the birth date of a new nation.

And what about the Declaration of Independence?

It starts out thusly:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

end quotes

That is what the Declaration of Independence was intended to do, and that is what it did; it did not create freedoms and we do not celebrate “freedoms” on the 4th of July - rather we celebrate freedom from the tyranny of a mad English King, to wit:

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.

A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

end quotes

There is the Declaration of Independence boiled down to its essence.

So let’s go back to the Newsweek article where we have as follows from the perspective of some real ignorant PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS in Nancy Pelosi’s Democrat-controlled “People’s House,” which actually is not, to wit:

As Biden’s White House readied fireworks and burgers for America’s annual celebration of nationhood, progressives expressed their views on what the Fourth of July means from the Black American perspective.

end quotes

Which again raises the question of how many different meanings can there possibly be to what the Fourth of July actually stands for, which is nothing more than the birthdate of this nation, as imperfect as it may have been at that time, keeping in mind that the day before the Declaration of Independence, the 13 colonies were exactly that – colonies of Great Britain ruled by British Royal Governors appointed by the King in England.

Getting back to Newsweek:

“When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people.”

end quotes

And what absolute stupid bull**** that is.

The 4th of July is about America’s bid to get free of the yoke of an TYRANT ENGLISH KING!

And freedom for white people?

What freedom?

What freedom do white people have as a result of the 4th of July that BLACK people do not also have, given we had a BLACK president, we now have a BLACK vice president and these ignorant DEMOCRAT members selling this HORSE**** are themselves BLACK?

Getting back to the ignorant Democrat horse**** being peddled by these ignorant PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS, we have:

“This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free,” tweeted Missouri Rep. Cori Bush.

end quotes

This land is stolen land?

Stolen from whom?

And Black people still aren’t free?

Then how the hell did she manage to become a member of congress if she is not free?

As to who this PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT moron is, Cori Anika Bush (born July 21, 1976) is an American politician, registered nurse, pastor, and activist serving as the U.S. Representative for Missouri’s 1st congressional district, which district includes all of the city of St. Louis and most of northern St. Louis County.

Not at all surprisingly, soon after being sworn in, Bush joined “The Squad”, a group of progressive Democratic lawmakers including the wingnut AOC, the up-jumped terrorist Ilhan Omar, and the foul-mouthed Rashida Tlaib.

Showing her fascist side to the candid world, on January 6, 2021, hours after pro-Trump rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol, Bush introduced a resolution to remove every Republican who supported attempts to overturn the 2020 United States presidential election from the House of Representatives.

In announcing her support for the second impeachment of Donald Trump, Bush called the attack on the Capitol a “white supremacist insurrection” incited by the “white supremacist-in-chief.”

All of which serves to illustrate the fact that this woman has some very serious mental issues that one would think would preclude her from serving as a congressperson, but since an idiot or moron or completely insane person has the same rights and freedoms as anyone else, regardless of skin color, to run for congress, especially as a PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT, these are the kinds of morons we have ended up with in the “People’s House” under Nancy Pelosi, which takes us back to Newsweek as follows:

California Rep. Maxine Waters, the House Financial Services Committee chair, echoed Douglass’ sentiment on Sunday, tweeting, “July 4th… & so, the Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal.”

“Equal to what?”

“What men?”

“Only white men?”

“Isn’t it something that they wrote this in 1776 when African Americans were enslaved?”

“They weren’t thinking about us then, but we’re thinking about us now!”

end quotes

Maxine Moore Waters (née Carr; August 15, 1938) is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for California’s 43rd congressional district since 1991.

The district, numbered as the 29th district from 1991 to 1993 and as the 35th district from 1993 to 2013, includes much of southern Los Angeles, as well as portions of Gardena, Inglewood and Torrance.

And yes, people – the Declaration of Independence does indeed say all men are created equal, to wit:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

end quotes

And yes, the people who wrote those words were white.

Did the Black folks in Africa who were the enslavers of other Black people in Africa for a sale as slaves to the British also believe that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness?

And that answer is not hardly!

That was a uniquely American sentiment not shared by the Black folks in Africa.

Consider the Akan people of Africa who waged war on neighboring states in their geographic area to capture people and sell them as slaves to Europeans (Portuguese) who subsequently sold the enslaved people along with guns to the Akan in exchange for Akan gold.

Akan gold was also used to purchase slaves from further up north via the Trans-Saharan route.

The Akan purchased slaves to help clear the dense forests within Ashanti.

About a third of the population of many Akan states were indentured servants (i.e. Non-Akan peoples).

The Akan went from buyers of slaves to selling slaves as the dynamics in the Gold Coast and the New World changed.

Thus, the Akan people played a role in supplying Europeans with indentured servants, who were later enslaved for the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

In 2006 Ghana apologized to the descendants of slaves for the role the Ashantis had played in the slave trade.

end quotes

Or how about the academic paper titled “Slavery and Post-Slavery in Madagascar: An Overview” by Denis Regnier and Dominique Somda, where we have as follows concerning “equality” in Africa, to wit:

Slaves have been traded in the maritime networks of the western Indian Ocean for at least 2000 years.

In Madagascar, the existence of slavery may date back to the first Southeast Asian settlements, which probably occurred between the 4th and 6th century.

Scholars seeking to reconstruct the early occupation of the island find it plausible that slaves were among the South-East Asian settlers, since ship crews from Indonesia were probably made of people with different social statuses and may have included slaves who were left behind in the semi-permanent settlements of this remote colony.

If not earlier, slaves probably made an important part of the population of Madagascar as early as in the 10th century.

By that date, two main commercial systems existed in the western Indian Ocean.

One was in the hands of Muslim merchants from the Persian Gulf, southern Arabia and the Swahili coast who traded along the shores of East Africa and in the northern Indian Ocean, and the other was in the hands of the Southeast Asians who sailed to the Comoros and Madagascar.

It is likely that slaves circulated in both systems, since during this period Muslim merchants sent East African slaves to southern Arabia and the Gulf, while the South-East Asians probably used slave labor in the iron industry of their settlements.

end quotes

So when PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT California Rep. Maxine Waters TWEETED on July 4th, “July 4th… & so, the Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal,” obviously in Africa, they were not.

Consider the DW article “East Africa’s forgotten slave trade,” where we have as follows:

The island of Zanzibar is today considered one of East Africa’s best destinations: white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and hotels offer tourists from all over the world a holiday to remember.

Long forgotten is the dark past that overshadowed this sunny paradise 200 years ago.

The archipelago, which today is a semi-autonomous part of Tanzania, was then regarded as the center of the East African slave trade.

In addition to valuable raw materials such as ivory and the coveted cloves, one thing stood out above all others in the colorful markets: hundreds of slaves.

From Eastern Europe to North Africa

The sale of African slaves can be traced back to antiquity.

It became popular in the seventh century when Islam was gaining strength in North Africa.

This was seven centuries before Europeans explored the continent and ten centuries before West Africans were sold across the Atlantic to America.

n central East Africa, ethnic groups such as the Yao, Makua and Marava were fighting against each other and entire peoples within the continent traded with people they had captured through wars.

“Thus Arab Muslims encountered already existing structures, which facilitated the purchase of slaves for their purposes.”

For Abdulazizi Lodhi, Emeritus Professor of Swahili and African Linguistics at the University of Uppsala in Sweden, slavery was part of different African cultures.

“When it came to exports, tribal Africans themselves were the main actors.”

“In many African societies there were no prisons, so people who were captured were sold.”

end quotes

Maxine would do well to inform herself that there would not have been slaves in America but for the Black folks like her in Africa making them slaves in the first place, and besides, the Fourth of July has absolutely nothing to do with slaves, period, except it is thanks to those words in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal that resulted in the end of slavery in this country, while in the homeland of the Black folks in Africa, slavery persisted well into the 1900’s, so Maxine, who are the Black folks equal to?

Going back to Newsweek, we have another burst of pure ignorance concerning Independence Day, to wit:

In a searing op-ed for the Grio, Touré, an author and former MSNBC host, criticized the Fourth of July, arguing that it “wasn’t Independence Day for Black people.”

He wrote that Juneteenth casts a “long shallow over Independence Day, making it look like a hypocrite and a damn fool.”

“Independence for who?” Touré asked.

“It wasn’t independence for Black people, for our ancestors, so why would we celebrate the Fourth of July?”

He also cited the Pulitzer Prize-winning essay for the “1619 project” by Nikole Hannah-Jones, which noted that colonies sought to emancipate from Britain partly to protect the institution of slavery.

“America wanted to protect its cash cow and, even more, it was wealth derived from slavery that allowed the colonies to afford to pay for the War of Independence,” Touré wrote.

“The founding of this country is intertwined with slavery.”

“Why would we celebrate that?”

end quotes

And how does one rationally deal with such stupidity and ignorance as that?

I would suggest some real American history as found in the political essay “Brutus III” by Brutus on November 15, 1787 on the subject of the 3/5’s compromise:

“In a free state.” says the celebrated Montesquieu, “every man who is supposed to be a free agent, ought to be concerned in his own government.”

“Therefore the legislature should reside in the whole body of the people, or their representatives.”

But it has never been alledged that those who are not free agents, can, upon any rational principle, have any thing to do in government, either by themselves or others.

If they have no share in government. why is the number of members in the assembly, to be increased on their account?

Is it because in some of the states, a considerable part of the property of the inhabitants consists in a number of their fellow men, who are held in bondage, in defiance of every idea of benevolence, justice, and religion, and contrary to all the principles of liberty, which have been publickly avowed in the late glorious revolution?

If this be a just ground for representation, the horses in some of the states, and the oxen in others, ought to be represented — for a great share of property in some of them consists in these animals; and they have as much controul over their own actions, as these poor unhappy creatures, who are intended to be described in the above recited clause, by the words, “all other persons.”

By this mode of apportionment, the representatives of the different parts of the union, will be extremely unequal: in some of the southern states, the slaves are nearly equal in number to the free men; and for all these slaves, they will be entitled to a proportionate share in the legislature — this will give them an unreasonable weight in the government, which can derive no additional strength, protection, nor defence from the slaves, but the contrary.

Why then should they be represented?

What adds to the evil is, that these states are to be permitted to continue the inhuman traffic of importing slaves, until the year 1808 — and for every cargo of these unhappy people, which unfeeling. unprincipled, barbarous, and avaricious wretches, may tear from their country, friends and tender connections, and bring into those states, they are to be rewarded by having an increase of members in the general assembly.

end quotes

So much for no white person in America at the time of INDEPENDENCE not caring for the Black folks, but when one is dealing with moronic idiot PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS like Cori Bush and Maxine Waters, who have their minds made up and firmly closed so that no truth or facts can come in, that message will never be heard!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/p ... ent-377626
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 5, 2021 AT 8:29 PM

Paul Plante says:

And before we go further into this INCIPIENT DEMOCRAT DESPOTISM descending down on America the way the Iron Curtain of the Communists descended down in Europe in the 1950’s, let us go back to the CNBC article entitled “Pelosi names 8 members of Jan. 6 committee, including Republican Liz Cheney, to probe pro-Trump riot” by Jacob Pramuk on 1 July 2021, where we have this bull**** to debunk, to wit:

The panel’s formation comes as Democrats and Republicans splinter over how much more Congress needs to do to investigate what led to the attack on the Capitol, which interrupted the transfer of power.

end quotes

Interrupted the transfer of power?

That’s pure bull****, because according to the 20th Amendment to the Constitution, adopted in 1933, the transfer of power takes place on 20 January, not 6 January.

So why are the Democrats lying to us like we are all more stupid than they are?

And let us go back to the article in THE HILL entitled “Pelosi sets up call on election challenge: ‘No situation matches Trump presidency’” by Joseph Choi on 01/03/21, where we had as follows:

She said the result would end with President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris being “officially declared the next President and Vice President of the United States,” but acknowledged this declaration might have to take place in “the middle of the night.”

end quotes

And then the Business Insider article entitled “Senate aides rescued boxes containing the electoral votes as a mob besieged the Capitol. Without them, Congress may not have been able to affirm Biden’s win as quickly” by Aylin Woodward on Jan 7, 2021, where we have, to wit:

Lawmakers returned to the Congressional chambers, boxes in hand, around 8 p.m. local time to finish the joint session.

Lingering objections to the results by some Republicans were overruled, and Congress finished the certification process and vote count eight hours later.

They concluded Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris won the 2020 election with 306 Electoral College votes.

end quotes

So, on 6 January 2021, exactly what Nancy Pelosi predicted would happen three (3) days before on 3 January 2021, is what happened – the result ended with President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris being officially declared the next President and Vice President of the United States in the middle of the night, like Nancy had it all scripted well in advance, and that takes us back to 6 November 2020, and a POLITICO story entitled “Pelosi confident Biden will win presidency, ‘This morning, it is clear that the Joe Biden-Kamala Harris ticket will win the White House,’ the speaker says” by Sarah Ferris, to wit:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday that Vice President Joe Biden would win the White House, repeatedly calling him “president-elect” as she discussed the Democratic Party’s agenda next year.

“This morning, it is clear that the Joe Biden-Kamala Harris ticket will win the White House,” Pelosi said in her first press briefing since the Nov. 3 election.

Pelosi spoke to reporters in the Capitol as thousands of votes were still being counted in battleground states.

Biden gained the lead Friday morning in Pennsylvania, potentially clinching his path to victory, though Trump has made clear he will pursue legal challenges.

Pelosi said the outcome was “imminent,” and could be declared “momentarily.”

“It’s a happy day for our country,” Pelosi said, adding: “President-elect Biden has a strong mandate to lead.”

end quotes

So what are we seeing here, people?

Extreme bias, is it not?

And consider that this so-called “select committee” is in reality a JURY, which should be impartial, but it is not, which means that the members of it, especially Elaine Luria and the smarmy Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin, should all be challenged for cause, which is a challenge that aims to disqualify a potential juror for some stated reason, typically bias, prejudice, or prior knowledge that would prevent impartial evaluation of the evidence presented in court.

But that is not going to happen, and those members of this “select committee” were picked by the DEMOCRAT DESPOT Nancy Pelosi precisely because they are biased and prejudiced, and thus guaranteed to produce the results that the DEMOCRAT DESPOT Nancy Pelosi has predetermined she wants produced!

McCarthy-ism all over again, except Democrat style this time around, and stay tuned, because this Democrat ****-show is just getting started.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/r ... ent-377637
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 5, 2021 AT 4:51 PM

Paul Plante says:

When she was running for president, before she was soundly rejected by the American people as not being anywhere near presidential material, Kamala Harris did an interesting interview with NPR, wherein she stated that in her opinion, Black people like herself have some serious mental issues because they were slaves and were raped by the Democrats who owned them, which serious mental issues may well be at play here, where Kamala Harris cannot seem to handle the stress of being vice president, which is hardly “summer non-news” as some in America would have us believe:

NPR

“Sen. Kamala Harris On Reparations”

March 14, 2019

Heard on Morning Edition

Sen. Kamala Harris, a candidate for president, is floating a new idea: funding for mental health treatment as a form of reparations for slavery.

She talks with NPR’s Steve Inskeep.

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: One of the Democratic presidential candidates is floating an idea.

It’s a way to pay reparations for slavery and racial discrimination.

Several candidates have endorsed that notion, although they’re rarely giving specifics.

Senator Kamala Harris also says the matter needs study.

But in a talk with NPR, she did suggest what’s on her mind.

Can you give me an idea of one possible form this could take?

KAMALA HARRIS: Sure.

You can look at the issue of untreated and undiagnosed trauma.

end quotes

One has to presume that she is in fact talking about herself there as suffering from untreated and undiagnosed trauma due to her being Black and her ancestors having been slaves, and that is a serious issue for us in her case, where we have the present incumbent, Democrat Joe Biden, teetering his own way towards a 25th Amendment removal from office based on mental incapacity.

Getting back to Kamala on NPR:

African-Americans have higher rates of heart disease and high blood pressure.

It is environmental.

It is centuries of slavery, which was a form of violence where women were raped, where children were taken from their parents – violence associated with slavery.

And that never – there was never any real intervention to break up what had been generations of people experiencing the highest forms of trauma.

And trauma, undiagnosed and untreated, leads to physiological outcomes.

end quotes

As I say, I think that goes a long way towards explaining why Kamala Harris simply cannot stand the pressure of her no-show job as Joe Biden’s vice president, which takes us back to that interview as follows:

INSKEEP: We’re talking about the same thing as post-traumatic stress from a war.

HARRIS: Sure.

INSKEEP: That’s the kind of thing we’re talking about.

HARRIS: Absolutely.

end quotes

And as Rensselaer County Attorney Gordon Mayo, a real hot-shot attorney really up on this kind of stuff related to PTSD from war famously told a Supreme Court judge in New York, post-combat stress condition can result in irrational behavior, which certainly works for me in explaining why Kamala Harris is unable to deal with being vice president, and as a result, has so many issues with the people around her, because she herself has PTSD that makes her act irrationally.

As to this Michelle Flournoy who the Democrats have put in place as Kamala Harris’s “minder,” she is an Obama-era retread who seems to have come down quite a few notches in the Democrat pantheon, given she was once being considered by Hussein Obama as his secretary of defense, to wit:

“US defense chief confirms plans to leave office in 2011”

Mon Aug 16, 9:47 am ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US Defense Secretary Robert Gates confirmed Monday plans to leave office next year, saying he first wanted to make sure the start of the American withdrawal from Afghanistan is on track.

The Foreign Policy report said there was much speculation about who might replace him.

It mentioned Michele Flournoy, the current under secretary of defense for policy, John Hamre, president of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, CIA Director Leon Panetta, and former Navy Secretary Richard Danzig, as possible candidates.

end quotes

I would guess her star got tarnished somewhere along the trail, so that now she is essentially demoted to being the “minder” of Kamala Harris who is in way over her head as vice president.

And then we have her showing up again in the Associated Press story “Sex is major reason military commanders are fired” by Lolita C. Baldour on 21 January 2013, as follows:

WASHINGTON (AP) – Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair, fired from his command in Afghanistan last May and now facing a court-martial on charges of sodomy, adultery and pornography and more, is just one in a long line of commanders whose careers were ended because of possible sexual misconduct.

Sex has proved to be the downfall of presidential candidates, members of Congress, governors and other notables.

It’s also among the chief reasons that senior military officers are fired.

The figures bear out growing concerns by Defense Department and military leaders over declining ethical values among U.S. forces, and they highlight the pervasiveness of a problem that came into sharp relief because of the resignation of one of the Army’s most esteemed generals, David Petraeus, and the investigation of a second general, John Allen, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan.

From sexual assault and harassment to pornography, drugs and drinking, ethical lapses are an escalating problem for the military’s leaders.

“I think we’re on the path.”

“I think the last two defense secretaries have made this a very high priority and have very much held people accountable.”

“But we’ve got a ways to go,” said Michele Flournoy, a former undersecretary of defense under President Barack Obama.

She said the military must enforce a “zero tolerance” policy and work to change the culture so service members are held accountable and made to understand that their careers will be over if they commit or tolerate such offenses.

“The policy is in place,” she said.

“I don’t know that it’s as evenly and fully enforced as intended.”

end quotes

So one must wonder what it is she has done to get herself demoted to being Kamala Harris’s “minder.”

And thanks to the Cape Charles Mirror for bringing this serious matter involving Kamala Harris’s inability to perform the duties of vice president, which essentially are nothing at all, to our attention as concerned American citizens!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/k ... ent-377534
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 6, 2021 AT 10:47 AM

Paul Plante says:

Pardon me, but this gets more and more surreal all the time!

What world does this Elaine Luria live in?

Cloud Cuckoo Land (a realm of fantasy or of whimsical or foolish behavior)?

And talk about vincible ignorance, which is ignorance that a person could remove by applying reasonable diligence in the given set of circumstances, except they don’t, this DEMOCRAT Elaine Luria seems to be a textbook case.

Is she at all aware of our experience fighting the Chinese in Korea back in the early 1950s?

Has she ever bothered to read This Kind of War: The Classic Korean War History by T.R. Fehrenbach, or The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam, or China Crosses The Yalu by Allen S. Whiting, or the excellent Marine Corps history of the Chosin Reservoir action in Volume III of U.S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950-1953, entitled “The Chosin Reservoir Campaign,” by Lynn Montross and Nicholas A. Canzona?

Is she at all aware that China wields by far the world’s largest military, with 2.8 million soldiers, sailors and airmen — twice the American number?

Does she realize that in any war with China, which itself is a ludicrous concept, the Chinese would have “homefield advantage,” just as the Vietnamese had “homefield advantage” in Democrat Lyndon Baines Johnson’s Crusade to whip the ***** of those who resided in that “raggedy-ass little fourth-rate country,” and were, like the Chinese, masters of the art of guerilla warfare, known in the East as the “weak man’s strategy?”

In a war with China, a nation with a population of 1.398 billion in 2019, compared to our 327 million, and a land mass of 3.705 million mi², compared to our 3.797 million mi², which makes us about equal in size, how does this DEMOCRAT Luria plan on getting our “team” onto the ground in China to have this war of hers?

Does she think the Chinese will give us our own locker room so we can get suited up for “the game,” while the Chinese patiently wait for us to mass enough troops and ammo and tanks and personnel carriers and Bradley fighting vehicles and artillery so as to make a “good” war out of it, as opposed to the farce in VEET NAM?

As I say, surreal!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/r ... ent-378062
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 6, 2021 AT 6:09 PM

Paul Plante says:

And let me make it incandescently clear in here that I am not a Conservative, nor am I a Republican, and I certainly am not and never have been any kind of supporter or cheerleader for Donald Trump.

To the contrary, I am a LOYAL AMERICAN CITIZEN who adheres to the dictum of Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu (18 January 1689 – 10 February 1755), generally referred to as simply Montesquieu, a French judge, man of letters, historian, and political philosopher known as the principal source of the theory of separation of powers, which is implemented in our Constitution, as well as being known for doing more than any other author to secure the place of the word “despotism” in the political lexicon, which word very much applies to this Pelosi-ite “select House committee that will investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol,” that “in a free state every man who is supposed to be a free agent, ought to be concerned in his own government, which is the perspective that my comments on this “select House committee that will investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol” come from, and what I am doing in here in the face of this blatant DEMOCRAT BULL**** inimical (tending to obstruct or harm; unfriendly; hostile) to our LIBERTIES is standing up for RULE OF LAW, which is the restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by TYRANTS like DEMOCRAT Nancy Pelosi by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws, or the mechanism, process, institution, practice, or norm that supports the equality of all citizens before the law, secures a nonarbitrary form of government, and more generally prevents the arbitrary use of power by DESPOTIC TYRANTS like Nancy Pelosi who is arrogating (take or claim something without justification) unto herself powers and duties reserved by law to a GRAND JURY, the function of which is to determine whether the person being investigated by the government shall be tried for a serious federal crime alleged to have been committed within the district where it sits, and in all these cases, the grand jury must hear evidence before taking action.”

Simply stated, in the United States of America, assuming RULE OF LAW as opposed to rule of Pelosi, insurrection is a CRIME, which thought takes us back to a CNBC story entitled “Trump becomes first president to be impeached twice, as bipartisan majority charges him with inciting Capitol riot” by Jacob Pramuk on Jan. 13, 2021, where we have the following essential background to this story, as follows:

President Donald Trump, a man hyperaware of his achievements and place in history, added a first to his record on Wednesday.

A week before he will leave office, Trump became the first president impeached by the House twice.

The chamber charged him with high crimes and misdemeanors for inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol last week.

end quotes

Now, that was the prerogative (a right or privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class) of Pelosi’s “People’s House” to do according to OUR Constitution, charge Trump, who the Democrats hate with a venomous (full of malice or spite) passion, with anything under the sun they could possibly want to charge him with, no evidence of anything being required, because these are DEMOCRATS, and DEMOCRATS are guided by their feelings and passions, not RULE OF LAW.

And so they chose to charge Trump with a serious crime, that being INSURRECTION, which would bar Trump from ever holding office again, the goal of the DEMOCRATS who want absolute control of government in America – a DEMOCRAT PARTY DESPOTISM.

And after charging Trump with a crime, the DEMOCRATS, read, Jamie Raskin, one of the members of this KANGAROO COURT, FAILD TO PREVAIL in the Senate trial, and not only did he fail to prove Trump committed a crime, he totally failed to prove that a crime had even been committed, that crime being the “insurrection” that never happened, and so, this is OBSCENE (offensive to moral principles; repugnant) having Jamie Raskin on this “select” committee, because he is biased, prejudiced, and he has to defend his failure to convict Trump and that would prevent an impartial evaluation of the evidence presented to this “select” committee, the members of which have been selected by the DESPOTIC TYRANT Nancy Pelosi because they are politically reliable and will do her bidding in this matter, which takes us back to CNBC as follows:

The president’s behavior in the 13 months since the first impeachment has left House Democrats making a more clear-cut case than the first time around.

end quotes

AND STILL THEY FAILED, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO INSURRECTION!

So what these nefarious ( wicked or criminal, as in “the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates”) DEMOCRATS are doing is simply saying that because they IMPEACHED Trump for insurrection, then it follows that because they said it, there had to be one, and so, they don’t need to prove it, and as we can see from the NBC News story “Trump could be called to testify before House Jan. 6 panel, Clyburn says” by Teaganne Finn on July 4, 2021, the sleazy (sordid, corrupt) DEMOCRATS plan to put Trump on trial in a DEMOCRAT KANGAROO COURT (an unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanor) for something that never happened, because to date, NO GRAND JURY has issued a finding of INSURRECTION and NO PERSON has been indicted by the Justice Department under Joe Biden for Insurrection, and the DEMOCRATS, having had every opportunity to have their impeachment charges brought before a GRAND JURY for an indictment of Trump, despite the Senate acquittal, have completely and totally failed to do so, to wit:

WASHINGTON — House Majority Whip James Clyburn says “if it comes to that” the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack will ask former President Donald Trump to testify, but would prefer not to call on a former president.

“They should go wherever the facts lead,” the South Carolina Democrat told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“I would not want to see a former president testify in such a situation as this, but if that’s what it takes in order to get to the bottom of this.”

The House voted 222-190 on Wednesday to establish the committee to probe the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., who serves as chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, will chair the select committee, along with several other democrats and lone Republican, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming.

end quotes

And that reference to Liz Cheney, who also should not be on this committee because of bias and animus and prejudice, takes us back to the CNBC story, to wit:

The four-page article of impeachment the chamber was set to approve on Wednesday argues Trump fed his supporters months of false claims that widespread fraud cost him the 2020 election, then urged them to contest the results before they marched to the Capitol and disrupted Congress’ count of President-elect Joe Biden’s win.

end quotes

That, however, even if proven true, does not constitute evidence of an insurrection, and if the Democrats thought it did, then after the Senate vote to acquit Trump, those charges should have been laid before a GRAND JURY for them to decide if a crime had actually been committed, and what the Democrats are doing here by reinstating the insurrection charges is making themselves into an arbitrary judge and jury usurping the functions of the GRAND JURY which should have heard these charges of insurrection before this “select” committee was ever formed, which again takes us back to CNBC, as follows:

“He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coequal branch of Government.”

“He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to manifest injury of the people of the United States,” the House’s charging document reads.

end quotes

AND THEY FAILED TO PPROVE ANY OF THAT CRAP IN THE SENATE TRIAL!

And now they are bringing that political horse**** back around as if those charges had already been proven true, thus justifying a further investigation by the house.

Which is FOUL PLAY!

Getting back to the hatred the snarling, snapping, ravening DEMOCRATS have for Trump, which drives them into a foam-at-the-mouth rage and has them doing everything in their power to bring down Trump, because of hatred, the CNBC story continues as follows:

After the insurrection that killed at least five people, including a Capitol Police officer, Democrats have argued allowing Trump to serve out his term both lets him dodge consequences and raises the prospect of more violence before Biden’s inauguration.

Still, Congress may not have enough time to push the president out of office before next week — even if the now GOP-held Senate chooses to convict him.

Democrats urged Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet to start the faster process of removing Trump through the 25th Amendment.

Pence refused, arguing in a letter Tuesday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., that the move is not “in the best interest of our Nation or consistent with our Constitution.”

Pelosi opened debate on the House floor and argued the country cannot risk leaving the president in power.

“He must go.”

“He is a clear and present danger to the nation we all love,” she said.

Though a handful of Republicans said they would vote to impeach Trump, the vast majority of GOP representatives opposed the effort.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Wednesday that Trump “bears responsibility” for the riot but called impeachment “a mistake” without an investigation or hearings.

“A vote to impeach will further divide the nation.”

“A vote to impeach will further fan the flames of partisan division,” he said, calling for a resolution to censure Trump.

Once the House sends the impeachment article to the Senate, the upper chamber has to quickly start a trial.

It then would vote on whether to convict Trump.

The House plans to send the article across the Capitol immediately, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told NBC News on Wednesday.

The Senate as of now plans to reconvene on Jan. 19.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has argued Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., can use emergency powers to bring the chamber back sooner.

A spokesman for McConnell confirmed Wednesday that the Senate won’t be back until Jan. 19, which means that an impeachment trial would likely drag into the early days of Biden’s term.

While the Senate may not have enough time to remove the president from office, it can stop him from becoming president again in 2025.

He could also lose perks given to former presidents.

In making the case for Trump’s conviction in the Senate, Pelosi called a vote in the upper chamber a “constitutional remedy that will ensure that the republic will be safe from this man who is so resolutely determined to tear down the things that we hold dear and that hold us together.”

The first time the House impeached Trump, only one congressional Republican — Mitt Romney of Utah — joined Democrats in trying to remove the president.

The Capitol insurrection made more GOP lawmakers willing to boot their party’s president from office.

The GOP lawmakers who said they would vote to charge Trump on Wednesday include Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking member of the GOP caucus.

“There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution,” she said in a statement Tuesday of Trump’s behavior before and after the attack.

end quotes

And there is more bias and prejudice and hatred coming onto this “select” committee in the person of this Liz Cheney, which is why the TYRANNICAL DEMOCRAT DESPOT Nancy Pelosi selected Liz Cheney to be a member of this ‘select” committee, which is nothing more than a Pelosi-ite KANGAROO COURT.

But again, stay tuned, because this story has legs and it is just getting going.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/r ... ent-378395
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 6, 2021 AT 9:27 PM

Paul Plante says:

And while we wait for word of other things happening with Joe Biden who seems to think that like Joe Stalin, Joe Biden is responsible for making decisions about every single thing in our lives, I notice today that despite any efforts Joe Biden’s Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo might have made, and I frankly haven’t heard of any, that a 4′ x 8′ sheet of 3/4 inch plywood sheathing is $85.08, against a normal price of $35.97, and with respect to lumber, according to a recent CNBC article entitled “Lumber prices dive more than 40% in June, biggest monthly drop on record” by Yun on June 30, 2021, a bubble has burst, to wit:

The great lumber bubble of 2021 has popped.

After a jaw-dropping rally this spring, lumber prices have come back down to earth as supply increased, speculative trading action cooled and homebuilding demand eased.

end quotes

Note well those words “speculative trading action cooled,” and ask yourself, why all the speculation, i.e. gambling, in the lumber markets, and where did all that money to speculate with come from?

Getting back to the story:

Lumber futures tanked more than 40% in June alone, suffering their worst month on record dating back to 1978.

The building commodity is down more than 18% in 2021, headed for the first negative first half since 2015.

At their peak on May 7, lumber prices hit an all-time high of $1,670.50 per thousand board feet on a closing basis, which was more than six times higher than their pandemic low in April 2020.

Goldman Sachs analysts said Tuesday that their channel checks suggested increasing consumer hesitancy around some home improvement projects given sticker shock from the rapid rise in certain commodity prices this year, notably lumber.

At one point, the lumber shortage led to the average price of a new single-family home increasing by nearly $36,000, according to the National Association of Home Builders.

Recently, there have been signs of the housing boom fizzling.

Weekly mortgage demand fell 6.9% last week to the lowest level in almost a year and a half.

Now, lumber futures prices are on track for their sixth consecutive weekly loss, wiping out all of their 2021 rally.

The price fell another 6% on Wednesday to around $710 per thousand board feet.

“It was a bubble but it is still double where it was pre Covid,” said Peter Boockvar, CIO at Bleakley Advisory Group.

Still, Boockvar believes just because the lumber bubble might have burst, it doesn’t mean the threat of inflation isn’t real.

The investor pointed to the CRB raw industrials index, which is at a 10-year high right now.

The index tracks materials that don’t trade on a futures exchange and thus better reflect actual supply and demand and not the behavior of speculators.

end quotes

Moral of that story is that yes, inflation can indeed kill an economy by bringing it to a screeching halt when prices for things become ridiculous, and a sheet of plywood, not even the best grade, has become a luxury item.

So how did we end up with Gina Raimondo as Joe Biden’s Commerce Secretary?

According to history as written, in early February of 2020, Gina Raimondo appeared alongside former Republican New York City Mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg at the Wexford Innovation Center in Providence to endorse his candidacy, a move she described as “an easy call,” and Gina was named a national co-chair for the Bloomberg campaign.

According to history as written, her press secretary, Jennifer Bogdan Jones of the Governor’s Office, told The Providence Journal that Raimondo was “prepared to do whatever it takes to support Mike and defeat President Trump.”

As Mike Bloomberg’s campaign co-chair, Gina would have “provided advice and attended events,” which must have been beyond her level of competence because less than a month later, Bloomberg dropped out of the race and endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden, who we are stuck with as president, and big surprise, on the same day, Gina also endorsed Biden.

According to Gina, who was Mike Bloomberg’s national co-chair for the Bloomberg campaign, Bloomberg, her chosen candidate, “obviously” performed poorly on the debate stage but for her, supporting his candidacy “was an easy decision” for her at the beginning, but supporting Biden "was an easy decision, too,” with Raimondo concluding that it was now time “to unify behind Joe Biden,” and out of that somehow, we now have Gina Raimondo as Joe Biden’s Commerce Secretary, and her solution to the high price of building materials is for her and her staff remaining committed to continuing to work with all stakeholders, including reviewing relevant data and conducting analysis to identify targeted actions the government or industry can take to address supply chain constraints.

How many years that might take remains unsaid.

As to her record of incompetence prior to Joe Biden picking her from out of the crowd to be his Commerce Secretary, on November 2, 2010, Raimondo was elected as general treasurer of Rhode Island by a margin of 62% to 38%, and during her first year as general treasurer, she prioritized reforming Rhode Island’s public employee pension system, advocating for benefit cuts as the solution to Rhode Island’s pension problems, and under Raimondo’s tenure, the pension fund was criticized for underperforming when compared with its peers, with Raimondo’s critics attributing the underperformance to a sharp increase in fees paid to hedge fund managers, and hey, they are people, too, and like everybody else, they need to eat, so of course, it is only natural to pay them more, even if it adversely impacts the common folks the pension fund is allegedly there for.

But that alone is not enough stacked-up incompetence for Joe Biden to notice her.

So how about the subject of RI DCYF fatalities and near-fatalities?

Under Gina as governor of Rhode island, the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth & Families has come under fire for the rate of deaths and near-deaths of children in its care.

In a period between January 2016 and December 2017, there were 31 fatalities or near fatalities of children in its care, with eight being confirmed fatal.

Raimondo appointed Trista Piccola as her new DCYF director in January 2017.

Piccola’s term was marked by the death and near-deaths of children, high staff turnover, votes of no confidence, and high budget deficits, and there, people, we are getting into the kind of incompetence that Joe Biden regards highly and rewards with cabinet positions in his administration!

Getting back to that part of the story, Rep. Patricia Serpa and Rep. Charlene Lima called for Piccola’s resignation, which finally occurred in July 2019.

In October 2018, the United States Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families ordered the Raimondo Administration DCYF to improve in 33 of 36 areas assessed.

The federal report noted that DCYF services were “inadequate, not developed when needed, or lacked consistent monitoring.”

Harvard Kennedy School professor and former Obama Administration official Jeffrey Liebman agreed with the recommendations and analysis of the report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and claimed that the DCYF is “the most messed-up agency ever.”

And as a result, Joe Biden, Hussein Obama’s successor in office to continue the Obama LEGACY, hired Gina Raimondo to be his Commerce Secretary, and the rest is now history – OUR history, and people, we are stuck with it!

So will Gina be able to make the Commerce Department the most messed-up federal agency ever?

Stay tuned!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-378492
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 7, 2021 AT 5:49 PM

Paul Plante says:

In the political essay titled “A Democratic Federalist” published two hundred thirty-four (234) years ago now on 26 Nov. 1787, the author stated thusly:

This is a most enlightened time, but more especially so in regard to matters of government.

The divine right of kings, the force of ecclesiastical obligations in civil affairs, and many other gross errors, under which our forefathers have lain in darker ages of the world, are now done away.

end quotes

Two hundred thirty-four (234) years later, in 2021, under the rule of the TYRANNICAL DESPOT DEMOCRAT Nancy Pelosi, the San Francisco congresswoman who bought for herself the position of speaker of the house in our national government, this has become a time of incredible benighted (in a state of pitiful or contemptible intellectual or moral ignorance) ignorance, not enlightenment, which thought reminds me of these words of Joseph Story (September 18, 1779 – September 10, 1845), an American lawyer and jurist who served on the Supreme Court of the United States from 1812 to 1845, in Chapter 45 of his Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States published in 1833, to wit:

The past is secure.

It is unalterable.

The seal of eternity is upon it.

The wisdom which it has displayed and the blessings which it has bestowed, cannot be obscured; neither can they be debased by human folly or human infirmity.

The future is that which may well awaken the most earnest solicitude, both for the virtue and the permanence of our republic.

The fate of other republics — their rise, their progress, their decline, and their fall — are written but too legibly on the pages of history, if indeed they were not continually before us in the startling fragments of their ruins.

They have perished, and perished by their own hands.

Prosperity has enervated them, corruption has debased them, and a venal populace has consummated their destruction.

end quotes

And there I would say that he is talking about us in this sorry divided nation at war with itself that we find ourselves in today.

With respect to this thread and this Pelosi-ite “selected committee” of hers, going back to the political essay “A Democratic Federalist” from 26 Nov. 1787, we find as follows, to wit:

The power of impeachment, vested in our federal Representatives, and the right to hear those cases, which is vested in the Senate, can produce no punishment in person or property, even on conviction.

Their whole judicial power lies within a narrow compass.

They can take no cognizance of a private citizen and can only declare any dangerous public officer no longer worthy to serve his country.

To punish him for his crimes, in body or estate, is not within their constitutional powers.

They must consign him to a jury and a court, with whom the deprivation of his office is to be no proof of guilt.

end quotes

That, people is RULE OF LAW as it was conceived to be at the beginnings of this nation’s political history.

The Democrats in Nancy Pelosi’s “People’s House” charged Trump with the serious crime of INSURRECTION in their second FAILED IMPEACHMENT, and now they are trying to do an end run around RULE OF LAW, by not first submitting those charges to a GRAND JURY, to get an indictment of Trump.

Coming forward in time, in an August 18, 2000 Memorandum Opinion for the Attorney General entitled “Whether a Former President May Be Indicted and Tried for the Same Offenses for Which He was Impeached by the House and Acquitted by the Senate,” the Attorney General concluded, as did the Democratic Federalist in 26 Nov. 1787 that the Constitution permits a former President to be indicted and tried for the same offenses for which he was impeached by the House of Representatives and acquitted by the Senate, to wit:

IV. Conclusion

We conclude that the Constitution permits a former President to be criminally prosecuted for the same offenses for which he was impeached by the House and acquitted by the Senate while in office.

RANDOLPH D. MOSS
Assistant Attorney General
Office of Legal Counsel

end quotes

And pay attention to this specific language from that Report that the Constitution permits a former President to be indicted and tried for the same offenses for which he was impeached by the House of Representatives and acquitted by the Senate, where the key word is “indicted,” which word means “to charge with a crime by the finding or presentment of a jury (such as a grand jury) in due form of law.”

So what game is Nancy Pelosi up to here with this selected committee of hers that she says is going to investigate an INSURRECTION on January 6, 2021, which never happened, because there is NO PROOF of an insurrection as found by a GRAND JURY?

Which thought takes us back to the CNBC article entitled “Pelosi names 8 members of Jan. 6 committee, including Republican Liz Cheney, to probe pro-Trump riot” by Jacob Pramuk on 1 July 2021, where we have as follows:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday named members of the select committee that will investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney.

And that, people, people, is Nancy Pelosi blatantly pushing THE BIG LIE, because there was no INURRECTION on 6 January 2021, and Nancy Pelosi saying there was one, and appointing a hand-picked panel to do an investigation does in no way create an INSURRECTION, because Nancy Pelosi is not a JUDGE to make such a decision, which is outside of her authority, jurisdiction and discretion!

Getting back to CNBC, it continues thusly:

Every lawmaker Pelosi chose is a Democrat except for Cheney, who was one of two GOP representatives who voted to create the committee.

She was also one of 10 Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump for inciting an insurrection after a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol while Congress counted President Joe Biden’s electoral victory.

end quotes

So, okay, people – follow this along because this is where it gets interesting – despite having no proof or evidence of an INSURRECTION anywhere in the United States in the year 2021, congressperson Liz Cheney, acting in her capacity as a congressperson, voted to impeach Trump for the criminal charge of INCITING AN INSURRECTION, and let us be clear here that impeachment is analogous to an indictment.

According to the Chapter 27, Impeachment, of the official House practice manual, we LOYAL AMERICAN CITIZENS who do not drink toxic and poisonous Pelosi-ite KOOL-AID, have as follows on the subject of an impeachment being the analog of an indictment, to wit:

A. Generally

§ 1. In General; House and Senate Functions

Impeachment is a constitutional remedy to address serious offenses against the system of government.

It is the first step in a remedial process — that of removal from public office and possible disqualification from holding further office.

The purpose of impeachment is not punishment; rather, its function is primarily to maintain constitutional government.

An impeachment is instituted by a written accusation, called an ‘‘Article of Impeachment,’’ which states the offense charged.

The articles serve a purpose similar to that of an indictment in an ordinary criminal proceeding.

The House votes to ‘‘impeach’’ in the constitutional sense when it adopts an impeachment resolution and accompanying articles.

The Senate then conducts a trial on these articles and either convicts by two-thirds vote or acquits the ‘‘impeached’’ Federal official.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO ... 115-28.pdf

end quotes

So, Liz Cheney voted to accuse Trump of a serious crime, which is to say, Liz Cheney INDICTED Trump for the criminal charge of INCITING A RIOT.

AND THEN SHE FAILED TO PREVAIL!

So what is she doing back on this Pelosi-ite KANGAROO COURT getting set to waste even more of our government resources by conducting yet another DEMOCRAT WITCH HUNT as these out-of-control DEMOCRATS have been doing since Hillary Clinton was defeated by Trump back in 2016?

Getting back to CNBC, we have:

“It is imperative that we find the truth of that day and ensure that such an assault on our Capitol and Democracy cannot ever again happen,” Pelosi said in a statement Thursday.

Cheney said she was honored to be appointed to the committee.

“What happened on January 6th can never happen again,” the lawmaker said in a statement.

“Those who are responsible for the attack need to be held accountable and this select committee will fulfill that responsibility in a professional, expeditious, and non-partisan manner.”

The select House committee will investigate what led to the attack on the Capitol.

The panel will issue a report on its findings and how to prevent another violent attempt to disrupt the transfer of power.

Asked Thursday whether the committee will subpoena Trump, Pelosi would not say.

“I have made the appointments, the committee will make its decisions,” she said.

end quotes

And there for the moment, I will rest.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/r ... ent-379073
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 8, 2021 AT 10:44 AM

Paul Plante says:

And here is a question for us this morning which was raised by Joe Biden yesterday when he visited Illinois to talk about what his administration has accomplished to help families so far:

“Does anybody think in the 21st century with the changes taking place in technology across the board that 12 years of education is enough?”

And the answer to that question is Joe Biden does, or, well, he did, anyway, back on 28 April 2021 in his Full transcript from President Joe Biden’s address to a joint session of Congress, where we had this from Joe, to wit:

The American Jobs Plan will create millions of good paying jobs – jobs Americans can raise their families on.

And all the investments in the American Jobs Plan will be guided by one principle: “Buy American.”

American tax dollars are going to be used to buy American products made in America that create American jobs.

The way it should be.

Now – I know some of you at home are wondering whether these jobs are for you.

You feel left behind and forgotten in an economy that’s rapidly changing.

Let me speak directly to you.

Independent experts estimate the American Jobs Plan will add millions of jobs and trillions of dollars in economic growth for years to come.

These are good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced.

Nearly 90% of the infrastructure jobs created in the American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree.

75% do not require an associate’s degree.

The American Jobs Plan is a blue-collar blueprint to build America.

And, it recognizes something I’ve always said.

Wall Street didn’t build this country.

The middle class built this country.

end quotes

So, okay, Joe, we’re all right there with you – nearly 90% of the infrastructure jobs created in the American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree, and 75% do not require an associate’s degree, which makes it sound very much like you think that in the 21st century with the changes taking place in technology across the board that 12 years of education is enough, and my goodness, Joe, since you are now our leader, our GREAT WHITE FATHER, because we so clearly need one, we all believe that despite the changes taking place in technology across the board that 12 years of education is enough, because you believe it, or did, anyway, before you went to Illinois on 7 July 2021, where you told not only the American people, but the candid world which hangs on your every word, as follows:

The build back better plan agenda starts with education.

One of the reasons why we are a leading country in the world for so long and still on the edges is because we’re the first industrial nation in the world to allow 12 years of free education back at the turn of the 20th century, but everybody’s caught up.

At the time they were debating what should be education in America?

The argument was there should be 12 years of free education.

And that’s what got us ahead.

That’s what had us leap ahead of the rest of the world.

But today everybody’s caught up.

Does anybody think in the 21st century with changes taking place in technology and across the board that 12 years of education is enough to be able to live a middle-class life?

I don’t think so.

end quotes

So what has happened here, people?

Was Joe pulling our legs and joshing with us on 28 April 2021 when he told us that we feel left behind and forgotten in an economy that’s rapidly changing, but never fear, because nearly 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree and 75% do not require an associate’s degree, and these are good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced, because Joe’s American Jobs Plan is a blue-collar blueprint to build America which recognizes something Joe has always said, which is that Wall Street didn’t build this country, the middle class built this country?

And if Joe wasn’t joshing us back on 28 April 2021 when he told us that nearly 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree and 75% do not require an associate’s degree, and these are good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced, then why now is he pushing for two more years of free education above high school?

And check out Joe’s math if you can:

First of all, Joe tells us that 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree, which would seem to imply that 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan only require a high school education, which would argue against his plan to add two more years free of charge, except to the taxpayers who have to foot that bill.

And that would seem to imply that only ten percent of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do require a college degree.

But then, Joe comes back and tells us that 75% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require an associate’s degree, which happens to be a college degree, whether Joe is aware of that or not, and let us face facts here, people, he might not be aware of that, at all!

So, if 75% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require an associate’s degree, that would imply that 25% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do require an associate’s degree.

So how does that square with Joe telling us that 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree, which would include an associate’s degree?

If 90% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan do not require a college degree, only high school, then how at the same time can 25% of the infrastructure jobs created by Joe’s American Jobs Plan require an associate’s degree?

Are there some flaws in Joe’s thinking here, perhaps?

Or is Joe just being a typical politician and is feeding us pure horse****, because he has no idea whatsoever as to what it is he might be saying on any given day of the week?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-379455
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR JULY 9, 2021 AT 5:21 PM

Paul Plante says:

According to an article in The Hill entitled “First hearing of Jan. 6 probe to feature Capitol Police testimony” by Mike Lillis on 07/01/21, this hand-picked Pelosi-ite KANGAROO COURT Nancy has charged with investigating the Jan. 6 attack will launch the probe with witness testimony from Capitol Police officers who were on duty during the deadly riot, because let’s face it, people, the first rule of these DEMOCRAT KANAGROO COURTS is to bring in the EMOTION, right off the bat – get people really so pissed off at Donald Trump for making these police officers feel bad about themselves, they will be screaming to Nancy Pelosi for his head on a platter.

According to the article, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the hand-picked committee, made the announcement on July 1st after huddling in the office of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who had named eight members of the 13-member committee just hours earlier.

Speculation is that he was huddled with Nancy to get his marching orders from her as to the results she wants him to produce with these hearings.

According to The Hill, Thompson did not specify when the hearing will occur or which officers the committee would call to appear, but he made clear that the process will begin with or without the participation of Republican appointments to the panel — a commitment that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has not yet made.

So much for bipartisanship, but let’s not dwell on that, since we all know it is a myth with Nancy Pelosi and her Democrats in charge of the so-called “House of Representatives,” which is inaptly named, because most of the people in this country have absolutely no representation whatsoever in there.

Instead, let us go back to the CNBC article entitled “Pelosi names 8 members of Jan. 6 committee, including Republican Liz Cheney, to probe pro-Trump riot” by Jacob Pramuk on 1 July 2021, to get the ROSTER of the A-TEAM, the team of politically-reliable sluggers and power hitters that can finally get it done for Nancy this time after numerous spectacular failures in the past, that Nancy Pelosi has put on the field here, so to speak, for THE BIG GAME, which team members are as follows:

Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., who will lead the panel
Rep. Pete Aguilar, D-Calif.
Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.
Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif.
Rep. Elaine Luria, D-Va.
Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla.
Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md.
Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.

Starting with Nancy’s lead-off batter, a real slugger who can be counted on by coach Nancy to get some good wood on the ball, for those who don’t know him, Bennie Gordon Thompson (born January 28, 1948) is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Mississippi’s 2nd congressional district since 1993.

A loyal member of the Democratic Party, Bennie has been the chair of the Committee on Homeland Security since 2019 and from 2007 to 2011, being both the first Democrat and the first African American to chair the committee.

According to his published stats, Bennie attended Hinds County public schools before earning a B.A. in political science from Tougaloo College in 1968 and an M.S. in educational administration from Jackson State University in 1973, and he served as an alderman and then mayor of Bolton before being elected to the Hinds County Board of Supervisors, which experience set him in good stead to be the chair of the Committee on Homeland Security.

As to proof of Bennie’s proven political reliability, a necessary qualification to serve on Nancy Pelosi’s KANGAROO COURT, in an article in The Hill entitled “Who are the House Democrats backing Trump impeachment?” by Cristina Marcos on 9 June 2019, where we have as follows:

The nearly 60 House Democrats publicly supportive of launching an impeachment inquiry against President Trump represent a microcosm of the caucus, showing how fervor is spreading across diverse factions despite leadership’s efforts to contain it.

end quotes

Note the word “FERVOR” (intense and passionate feeling) in that sentence, and here, of course, we are talking about the FIRST FAILED DEMOCRAT IMPEACHMENT that was botched up by the smarmy Hollywood, California Democrat Adam Schiff, who if one checks the roster above, is back on the field for another try at Trump, after having failed big time the first go round.

Getting back to the story:

Most of the members who support an impeachment inquiry are liberal.

They include much of the Congressional Progressive Caucus leadership, as well as 17 members of the Congressional Black Caucus, whose members have long been among the most outspoken on impeachment.

Half of the members of the House Judiciary Committee, which would be charged with impeachment proceedings, already support launching an inquiry.

end quotes

And now that they have failed in that attempt, they are doing an end-run around RULE OF LAW with these hearings, which takes us back to the story, once again, to wit:

The Hill’s whip list currently has 58 Democrats in support of an impeachment inquiry.

About two-thirds of the Democrats publicly in favor of starting an impeachment inquiry are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

They include the two Progressive Caucus co-chairs, Reps. Mark Pocan (Wis.) and Pramila Jayapal (Wash.), a Judiciary Committee member.

Three vice chairs who also sit on the Judiciary Committee have come out in favor of an impeachment inquiry: Reps. David Cicilline (R.I.), Joe Neguse (Colo.) and Veronica Escobar (Texas).

Progressive freshman Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) – who drew attention on her first day in office in January by pledging to “impeach the motherf—-r” – introduced a resolution in late March calling for an impeachment inquiry.

It now has 12 cosponsors.

“I think that at this point, it is getting to become so overwhelming that we need to uphold the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), a Tlaib ally, told reporters this week.

“I think that the tide is turning with the public.”

One of the most vocal advocates in the House has been Rep. Al Green (D-Texas), who forced two floor votes on his articles of impeachment in 2017 and 2018.

The articles of impeachment from Green, a Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) member, accused Trump of stoking racial divisions in America.

“At some point we will have to say the word ‘impeachment’ if we’re going to get to impeachment.”

“And I hear people saying that the president should be impeached.”

“So it shouldn’t be a difficult thing to say, and hopefully we’ll get to it,” Green said.

Just under two-thirds of Green’s CBC colleagues supported his articles of impeachment on the House floor in the last Congress.

The bitter feelings toward Trump among black lawmakers began long before the president even took office: when he raised doubts about whether then-President Obama was born in the U.S.

And it’s only gotten worse after Trump engaged in racial controversies like casting equal blame on white supremacists and counterprotesters for the 2017 violence in Charlottesville, Va., as well as personally attacking multiple members of the Black Caucus.

“Given where the CBC historically has been with respect to this president, we have been the number one company that he rejects.”

“We don’t get invited to any meetings,” House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), a CBC member, said on MSNBC’s “Kasie DC.”

Thompson is one of nine Democrats endorsing an impeachment inquiry against Trump who were in office the last time the House voted to impeach a president: Bill Clinton in 1998.

He’s also one of five committee chairs to call for impeaching Trump, which includes House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), Budget Committee Chairman John Yarmuth (D-Ky.), Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) and Natural Resources Committee Chairman Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.).

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), meanwhile, has been privately pushing Democratic leadership to begin an impeachment inquiry only to be rebuffed.

But half of his committee’s members – many of whom are in safe liberal districts – are already on board with the idea.

“My district’s been for impeachment for a long time,” said Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), who chairs a Judiciary subcommittee.

“It’s hard not to get there.”

California, one of the bluest states in the country, has many pro-impeachment voices.

“I think you can count members from every corner of our caucus,” Rep. Jared Huffman (D-Calif.), who supports impeachment, said in an interview.

“You’re going to get a lot of Californians simply because we’re by far the biggest delegation.”

The 11 California Democrats on board with launching an impeachment inquiry now doesn’t include Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.), who reintroduced articles of impeachment on the first day of the new Congress in January.

Sherman said he thinks Democrats should build more public support first.

“Impeachment without removal is not where I want to go,” he said.

Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-Fla.), who flipped a GOP-held district last fall, is among the Judiciary Committee members who haven’t endorsed an impeachment inquiry.

But she indicated that it’s on her mind.

“To tell you the truth I have been thinking more and more about when it would be appropriate to start the inquiry,” Mucarsel-Powell told CNN’s “New Day” on Friday.

“I’ve read the Mueller report.”

“There is clear evidence that this president has obstructed justice and I think that there have to be serious consequences.”

Another freshman Judiciary Committee member, Rep. Greg Stanton (D-Ariz.), won his race by more than 20 points last fall but represents a district that’s been targeted by the GOP in recent years.

He’s already on board with an impeachment inquiry.

“I accept that this conclusion will be unpopular with some, but it is the right thing to do,” Stanton said.

And while the nearly 60 House Democrats publicly supportive of impeachment is still only about a quarter of the 235-member caucus, Huffman said he’s heard privately from colleagues who are more are on board than they’re letting on.

“I know the number’s higher,” Huffman said.

“But many members don’t want to get ahead of leadership.”

“And so that’s the delicate process that is underway.”

end quotes

And there, people, we have the beginnings of this “GET TRUMP AT ANY COST BY ANY MEANS” crusade that Bennie Thompson is now in charge of, but don’t go away, because we have more heavy hitters to detail before the game gets going in earnest, and after a word from our sponsors and a break for station identification, we’ll be right back.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/r ... ent-380181