COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

jeffmoskin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:40 p

I have the same questions about "no inflation" Yes I did get a polio shot as a kid. Also I have a friend here in LA who was 2 shot vaccinated for COVID-19, got COVID-19 and lost his sense of taste for about 2 weeks. OK now. We will never know how he would have fared without the shots. Statistically speaking, however, while the shots do not prevent you from getting COVID-19, they pretty well prevent you from ending up on a ventilator in the hospital, or in a box at the morgue.

I got mine. Hope you did too

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:40 p

SCIENCE INSIDER

"Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine — but vaccination remains vital; Israelis who had an infection were more protected against the Delta coronavirus variant than those who had an already highly effective COVID-19 vaccine"

BY MEREDITH WADMAN

26 AUG 2021

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label.

The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.

The study, conducted in one of the most highly COVID-19–vaccinated countries in the world, examined medical records of tens of thousands of Israelis, charting their infections, symptoms, and hospitalizations between 1 June and 14 August, when the Delta variant predominated in Israel.

It’s the largest real-world observational study so far to compare natural and vaccine-induced immunity to SARS-CoV-2, according to its leaders.

“It’s a textbook example of how natural immunity is really better than vaccination,” says Charlotte Thålin, a physician and immunology researcher at Danderyd Hospital and the Karolinska Institute who studies the immune responses to SARS-CoV-2.

The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system’s research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus.

In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

“We continue to underestimate the importance of natural infection immunity … especially when [infection] is recent,” says Eric Topol, a physician-scientist at Scripps Research.

Nussenzweig’s group has published data showing people who recover from a SARS-CoV-2 infection continue to develop increasing numbers and types of coronavirus-targeting antibodies for up to 1 year.

By contrast, he says, twice-vaccinated people stop seeing increases “in the potency or breadth of the overall memory antibody compartment” a few months after their second dose.

For many infectious diseases, naturally acquired immunity is known to be more powerful than vaccine-induced immunity and it often lasts a lifetime.

Other coronaviruses that cause the serious human diseases severe acute respiratory syndrome and Middle East respiratory syndrome trigger robust and persistent immune responses.

At the same time, several other human coronaviruses, which usually cause little more than colds, are known to reinfect people regularly.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... ains-vital
Are you kidding?

I wouldn't touch that crap with a ten-foot pole!

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 p

And I think it is almost impossible to not have been exposed to COVID early on ...

And it is a coronavirus like the common cold, which can and does kill ...

So you treat it like a cold and fight it early on ...

And yes, despite what the ignorant fools in the Biden administration are saying, we do have natural immunity IF we keep ourselves healthy, which is mood, diet, exercise ...

For all those who didn't keep themselves healthy and are dying, I would think that that was a sign nature no longer wanted them on the planet ...

And yes, that sounds harsh, but it is a harsh planet we are on, afterall ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

And we were all warned back in January of 2020 that a serious respiratory disease was on its way ...

So why didn't people take the warning seriously?

I did ...

And here I still am ...

Because I am responsible for my health, and that is a responsibility I take quite serious ...

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 p

Yes, "Here you are." But be careful -

As Lucy Jones says, "Don't share your air."

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Which I have been taking pains to do since last year without having to be told to do so by Donald tRUMP, a moronic idiot, Tony Fauci, who is either the dumbest doctor on the planet who knows nothing about the human immune system, or a cheap shill for BIG PHARM, and Joe Biden, a senile old idiot with no public health experience or qualifications whatsoever who seems to think he is still a senator acting as a shill for BIG PHARM in exchange for a goodly sized block of stock, which is what senators are due in exchange for their favors, this being a capitalist country, afterall, where politicians are as much a commodity on the market as peanut butter ...

Can you imagine putting your life and the lives of your family into the hands of a senile old fool like Joe Biden?

The concept itself is absurd!

And I do wear a mask when out in public, and I think they actually improve the looks of a lot of people who wear them ...

When I see Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi wearing those black masks of theirs, I always think of Homer Simpson or some character out of Planet of the Apes ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

More rain for us where I am right now, and flash flood warnings just to the north where up to four inches of rain is predicted to fall at two inches per hour ...

jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 p

Your life is in your own hands.

Always was.

Including whether you believe in vaccines, or even science for that matter.

Or that the world was created on October 23, 4004BC.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

The Hoosac valley, its legends and its history

By Grace Greylock Niles

COPYRIGHT, 1912, BY G. P. PUTNAM'S SONS

CHAPTER VIII

FORT HOOSAC PROPRIETY AND WILLIAMSTOWN

I749-I8I5

It was during August, 1776, that Captain Eddy's company of thirty nine ship-carpenters from Providence, R. I., on their march to Skenesboro Navy Yard, on Lake Champlain, were exposed to small-pox and quarantined in the John Smedley mill-house at Williamstown.

Dr. William Page inoculated them, and Isaac Stratton, clerk of the Council of Safety, together with Samuel Kellogg, William Horsford, Daniel Stratton, and David Noble were placed in charge of the men until they were discharged.

The Smedley mill-house was known as the "Pest-house" until torn down about 1843.

I have been vaccinated before this ...

But those were vaccines ...

And I grew up with knowledge of the value of inoculations, such as was done with small-pox back when, where people were purposefully exposed to the small-pox by having it placed in contact with a small cut on their arm ...

However, this is nothing more than a science experiment that has never been tried before on human beings, and I don't feel like being a lab rat for BIG PHARM to experiment on which is what this is all about ...

The whole premise of these vaccines is STUPID - injecting a spike protein into the muscle cells of your arm in order to fight a respiratory disease that does not attack the muscles of your arm, it enters the body though the mouth or nose ...

So those spike proteins are worthless, since there is not a connection between your arm muscle and your nasal passages, which means the disease is free to enter your body at will ...

And if one actually follows the science, as I do, one comes across this:

Airborne Transmission of COVID-19: Aerosol Dispersion, Lung Deposition, and Virus-Receptor Interactions

Yi Y. Zuo, corresponding author, William E. Uspal, corresponding author and Tao Wei corresponding author

A comprehensive understanding of the structural dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 S protein and virion, along with their interactions with the ACE2 receptor at the atomistic and molecular levels, is critical to the development of vaccines and therapeutics.

Glycans covering the cell surface were found not only to protect the virus from antibody recognition but also to contribute to the viral binding with ACE2.

end quotes

This crap being touted by Fauci, who I have come to believe is a fraud, and Joe Biden, doesn't have glycans covering its surface ...

So these vaccines have your body chasing something that doesn't exist, while the real virus, which hides very effectively from the antibodies produced by the vaccines, is doing you damage ...

That to me is the science, which I believe in ...

And we are seeing that all playing out with these breakthrough infections ...

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES ...

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Four inches of rain have fallen just to the north of me and it is flooding there ...

Need any?

We got extra!