COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

jeffmoskin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

I have pondered the hot dog/bun conundrum for many years myself, with no conclusion. However, if you buy four packs of dogs and three packs of buns you will come out even. And, if you buy Wonder buns, they will still not be moldy at the end. Hence the name "Wonder".
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

And thanks from a grateful nation for your two cents weighing in on that conundrum and being courageous enough to admit that you too are as stumped by it as am I.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

And speaking of a simpler time in America, in what could be called "America's Age of Television Innocence," do you recall Oogie Pringle from "A Date with Judy," the American situation comedy television series broadcast on ABC between 1951 and 1953?

Oogie was the boyfriend of the title character, teenager Judy Foster, described in the book Television Series of the 1950s: Essential Facts and Quirky Details as "a very pretty girl who is called 'the cutest date in town'", adding, "Judy has a knack for finding mischief and has a firm belief that her family doesn't understand her."

The Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 described her as "bright, enthusiastic and 'blessed' with a knack for finding trouble."

Judy's parents were Melvyn and Dora Foster, and she had a 12-year-old brother, Randolph.
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Missed that one. But, FWIW, I was in the peanut gallery on Howdy Doody when it first aired and they were looking for kids to fill the seats. I was impressed by how hot it got when they put on the lights 5 minutes before air. Those early cameras needed a lot of light.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Wow, you made television history, jeffmoskin ...

As to "A Date With Judy," that was one of the radio dramas that got carried over to TV in the early days and didn't make it on television ...

I still recall those radio dramas, which were made dramatic by the voices of the actors ...

That didn't transplant to TV, I don't think, because the visual over-rode the audio ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

As someone once said, the pictures are better on radio.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

They had that right is my thought ...

On another note, another day of sweltering up this way - 93 out there now ...

No ocean breeze in sight ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:40 p As someone once said, the pictures are better on radio.
Radio dramas challenged your imagination ...

Television took that aspect of it away ...

I'd rather use my imagination ...

That's why I read today ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Reading like listening to radio requires your brain to translate sound impulses and squiggles on a page into information. TV images go straight to the lizard brain, the amygdala, requiring no thought at all.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Good morning, jeffmoskin!