COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:40 p The Federal Trade Commission should remove the placard from the Statue of Liberty ("Give me your tired, your poor...") and replace it with a new placard - "Out of order" or, "check back later"
Or tell it like it is - "give me your tired, your poor and we'll make slaves out of them to clean Pramila Jayapal's toilet and wipe her backside for her so she doesn't have to do it herself" ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"State Farm ceasing new applications in California for property insurance, other policies"

Story by Louis Casiano

26 MAY 2023

The State Farm General Insurance Company will no longer accept new applications for property insurance and other policies in California, citing "historic" increases in construction costs and inflation," the company said Friday.

Beginning Saturday, the Illinois-based insurance group will cease to accept applications for business and personal lines property and casualty insurance.

"State Farm General Insurance Company made this decision due to historic increases in construction costs outpacing inflation, rapidly growing catastrophe exposure, and a challenging reinsurance market," the company said in a release.

California has some of the most expensive housing costs in the nation amid a shortage that many say has exacerbated the homeless crisis up and down the state.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/state ... 848a&ei=35
Trouble in paradise?
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:40 p Oddly, we are faced with a horde of migrants trying to come here.

Is China?

Russia?

thelivyjr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:40 p The easy answer to both those questions is that China and Russia do not have illegal immigrant-loving Democrats in charge like we do, so no free ride for the illegals in those countries like they have here, where they get treated better by the Democrats than do real Americans born here, and especially veterans, who the Democrats cannot stand ...
jeffmoskin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:40 p A simpler answer is that Russia and China are not places people want to go to.

They are places people want to escape from.

The Telegraph

"Joe Biden’s Democrats are talentless, extreme – and about to face a reckoning"

Story by Douglas Murray

26 MAY 2023

But the bigger problem for the Democrats is that, if you get rid of Biden, you have to jump down a generation from those who have held the party in their grip for so long.

Just about the only name being bandied about to take up the Democrat mantle is Gavin Newsom, the governor of California.

By contrast with DeSantis in Florida, Newsom presides over a state where 1 per cent of the population were chased out in a single year.

They are leaving the state not just because of the high tax burden but because of the disintegration of the cities.

Newsom managed to ruin San Francisco as mayor before trying the same policies on a state-wide canvas as governor.

He may be one of the only talked-about successors to Biden, but he would be the most talked-about candidate imaginable for the Republicans.

If Newsom ever runs for the presidency, you can expect plenty of Republican commercials focusing on any one of his state’s filthy, zombie-ridden, crime-infested and tent-encamped streets.

So is California!

And New York!
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

The community I live in is about to try an experiment - they are taking an empty parking lot that the city owns, providing toilets and security for some 80 people, and then making it illegal to camp on the sidewalks. An interesting proposition. We will see if it works.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Good afternoon, jeffmoskin!
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:40 p The community I live in is about to try an experiment - they are taking an empty parking lot that the city owns, providing toilets and security for some 80 people, and then making it illegal to camp on the sidewalks.

An interesting proposition.

We will see if it works.

Land of the free?

Home of the brave?

Or land of the homeless?

America in the time of Joe Biden has become an unrecognizable and incomprehensible place to me, anyway, on this Memorial Day, as Joe continues to impose his Marxist policies on us by fiat ...

But I am going to a Memorial Day ceremony, where I am going to play the Star Spangled Banner, regardless ...

If Joe and his crowd want to take the knee, that is their business ...

It is a sign of their character, not that of the nation, or me!
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Take a knee or give a salute- freedom of expression. More like freedom of speech than MONEY (than you, SCOTUS, for Citizens United).
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Good morning, jeffmoskin, and yes, indeed it is about freedom of expression!

Thank you for stating that!

Those who hate what the Star Spangled Banner really does stand for are free to express their hatred for America by taking the knee ...

It is a privilege afforded them by all those dead that Memorial Day is about ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

Quite so. And Memorial Day was called "Decoration Day not too long ago, because people put flowers on the graves of those soldiers who had given their lives for their country.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

I recall Decoration Day from when I was young as the day families would go to gravesides of fallen relatives who had been veterans, and the young people would have explained to them who these people were ...

I remember going to the grave of a civil war veteran in my family tree when I was young ...

It was in 1967 when Decoration Day officially became Memorial Day ...