THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

Post by thelivyjr »

24 OCTOBER 2023

TO: Poestenkill Town Clerk

FOR: The record

Please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 23 October 2023, at 7:51 P.M., my attention was drawn to a spotlight shining in my window and when I looked out in a westerly direction, it was to see once more a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height covering my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane, which bubble of light was caused by the light from the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights of Patricia Gettings that were illuminating my property like a Nazi concentration camp yard for no other purpose than to harass, intimidate and retaliate against me for exercising my First Amendment rights in Poestenkill by speaking out on issues of importance to the people of Poestenkill, specifically for exposing Poestenkill town supervisor Keith Hammond as a dangerous liar at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting, stating on the record at that meeting that a psychiatrist who read Keith Hammond's intentional smear letter in the 11 December 1995 edition of the Sand Lake Advertiser @ p.17, where the then-town councilman stated "Unfortunately, not everyone who reads your articles realizes, as I do, that you are mentally disturbed, a condition that causes your inability to effectively function in society" considered the now-supervisor to be a paranoid schizophrenic who was psychotic and dangerous, traits in the supervisor that were on display for all to see recently when the supervisor was making a scene in Poestenkill and dropping F-bombs while screaming at people at the bike race in Poestenkill.

That video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) now has 395 views.

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

1 NOVEMBER 2023

TO: Poestenkill Town Clerk

FOR: The record

Please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 31 October 2023, at 6:52 P.M., as I drove westerly on Liberty Lane, returning to my home, which is under the control of Patricia Gettings and Poestenkill code enforcer officer Tracy Church, him being the same Poestenkill official who on 6 February 2021 made a FALSE REPORT to the New York State Police in Sand Lake that I was mentally ill and a danger to him and the Poestenkill town board, this in retaliation for my complaints about his complicity in this on-going light trespass harassment by Patricia Gittings, it was to see once more my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights of Patricia Gettings that are still in operation despite my numerous complaints to the town to have this political harassment, retaliation and intimidation ended, for once and for all.

As has been stated over and over, to no avail, Gettings lights up my property like a Nazi concentration camp yard for no other purpose than to harass, intimidate and retaliate against me for exercising my First Amendment rights in Poestenkill by speaking out on issues of importance to the people of Poestenkill, including exposing Poestenkill town supervisor Keith Hammond as a dangerous liar at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting, stating on the record at that meeting that a psychiatrist who read Keith Hammond's intentional smear letter in the 11 December 1995 edition Sand Lake Advertiser @ p.17, where the then-town councilman stated "Unfortunately, not everyone who reads your articles realizes, as I do, that you are mentally disturbed, a condition that causes your inability to effectively function in society" considered the now-supervisor to be a paranoid schizophrenic who was psychotic and dangerous, traits in the supervisor that were on display for all to see recently when the supervisor was making a scene in Poestenkill and dropping F-bombs while screaming at people at the bike race in Poestenkill.

That video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) now has 410 views.

At the time Hammond shouted me down at that meeting and cut me off from speaking further at the 14 September 2023 town board meeting, I was about to bring up another town board meeting on or about 20 June 2005 where then-Poestenkill Town Councilperson Hammond spoke for the Town Board, with Thomas Slavin, now Poestenkill's chief justice, presiding as supervisor, first denigrating an October 3, 2002 decision of Rensselaer County Supreme Court Justice James B. Canfield in Matter of Plante v. Planning Board of the Town of Poestenkill et al., Rensselaer County Index No. 204938, a matter I prevailed in, exposing corruption in the Poestenkill Planning Board, with Poestenkill town attorney Patrick Tomaselli the loser, with Hammond making the judge out to be a fool, and in that meeting, again speaking on behalf of the town board as a public official, not a private citizen, Hammond tarred my name and reputation in the town by denouncing me as a "RETARD" to the amusement of the then-town board, that being on the record in an official Poestenkill Town Board meeting, which false pejorative label lingers to this day in the minds of Poestenkill residents, to my detriment, as it was the basis of the FALSE REPORT of Church to the State Police on 6 February 2021, and gives justification to Patricia Gettings to continue her harassment and intimidation of myself, because in Poestenkill, "RETARDS" are not entitled to protection of law.

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

3 NOVEMBER 2023

Keith Hammond
Poestenkill Town Supervisor
Town of Poestenkill
Poestenkill Town Hall
38 Davis Drive
Poestenkill, NY 12140

RE: Your recent political propaganda spew; questionable statements; notable omissions; Water District No. 2

Dear candidate Hammond:

Recently, I received in the mail a glossy campaign advertisement from yourself as a candidate for Poestenkill town supervisor, a position that you have proven that you are unfit to occupy because of some quite serious character defects on your part which came to the fore during the bike race with you acting like a raging bull and shouting profanities as if you were mentally deranged and unhinged.

In what was nothing more than a spew of political propaganda wherein you took great pains to heap praise upon yourself for what you consider to be your accomplishments, including shamelessly trying to take credit for the accomplishments of Poestenkill Highway Superintendent Dave Goyer, who is an elected official in his own right, answerable to the citizens of the town, not you, you made several questionable statements which require strong responses before election day, the first of which is as follows, to wit:

"Over the past few years, we were able to secure $6 million in funding for the extension of the water district to resolve the town's water issues."

That statement is both false and misleading for several reasons, first of which is the indisputable fact that it is in direct conflict with statements and/or confirmations made to myself and to Poestenkill resident Greg Pattenaude at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) where at 13:38, I am heard on the video as follows, to wit:

"You (Keith Hammond) told us, I think, back in June that you were going to hold the public hearing for Water District 2 open."

"Is it, yes or no?"

And at about 13:48, as I asked that question, in the video, one can clearly see both your head and the head of councilman Wohlleber, who was sitting next to you, bobbing in the affirmative.

Then, at 22:20, Poestenkill resident Greg Pattenuade stood at the podium, addressing you and stating, to wit:

"Based on Paul's comments it sounds like the public comment period on the water is still open yes?"

To which at 22:24 you are clearly heard answering in the affirmative, "correct."

So with the public hearing still open, there is absolutely no proof in the record that Water District No. 2 is going to resolve anything, starting with the town's water issues, so based on what you are saying in your campaign propaganda, where you have clearly and unilaterally made a decision  with respect to the water district, when you told us on September 14, 2023 that the public hearing was still open you were misleading us and effectively lying to us, because you never intended to hold that hearing, which is a defect in your character that renders you totally unfit to be a public official in any capacity in this town, and for lying to us so blatantly, you should be resigning, not insulting us by running for re-election.

And from there, we go to you heaping more praise on yourself concerning the town's finances, and here we get into some notable omissions in the record, to wit:

"THE HITCHCOCK FIASCO"

In heaping praise on yourself for the financial condition of the town, you omitted to give yourself proper credit for costing the town taxpayers $250.000 as a direct result of your pitiful, ham-handed bungling of the Hitchcock affair, which resulted in a federal trial with you as defendant, a lawsuit you caused and lost because of your own stupidity.

"THE ASQUITH AFFAIR"

On March 13, 2023, in a press release titled "DiNapoli: Former Poestenkill Employee Charged With Stealing $3,000 From Town," we concerned Poestenkill residents were informed as follows, to wit:

State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli, Rensselaer County District Attorney Mary Pat Donnelly and New York State Police Acting Superintendent Steven A. Nigrelli announced the arrest of Michelle Asquith, the former Town of Poestenkill administrative assistant, for allegedly stealing more than $3,000 in town funds over a four-year period.

“The defendant abused her position to treat herself to video rentals, gifts, groceries and spending money,” DiNapoli said.

“Those in public service have a duty to ensure taxpayer dollars are not lost to fraud."

"I thank District Attorney Donnelly and the New York State Police for their partnership in making sure she will be held accountable.”

“Crimes of this nature directly impact citizens of Rensselaer County,” Donnelly said.

“This type of crime steals from the taxpayer, and my office is committed to justice for those that have squandered from their neighbors."

“This arrest demonstrates the hard work of our members and law enforcement partners focused on the same goal; holding those who break our laws, accountable,” Nigrelli said.

“Ms. Asquith used her position with the town to take money from taxpayers for her own personal gain and benefit."

"May this arrest send a strong message that we will not tolerate such corruption by those who use their position to profit at the expense of their local community.”

Asquith worked as an administrative assistant for the town from 2010 to early 2022.

During a routine audit, DiNapoli’s office found that from March 2017 to September 2021, Asquith used the town’s credit card to make $2,230 in purchases for herself, ranging from video rentals to hair accessories.

She also attempted to charge another $1,980 in other unauthorized purchases, including spa services, but the charges were reversed once DiNapoli’s auditors notified the town of an impending audit.

Investigators also found that Asquith falsified over $700 in various claims for reimbursement to pad her paycheck.

She claimed mileage reimbursement for trips she never made, claimed a personal reimbursement supported by a receipt where the purchase was made using town funds, and submitted a second claim for an expense that had already been reimbursed by the town.

Asquith was charged Friday with grand larceny, falsifying business records and official misconduct.

end quotes

According to the statutory language N.Y. Town Law § 125, Duties of supervisor. however, wherein is stated "(I)n a town in which there shall be no town comptroller no money shall be paid out by the supervisor except upon the warrant, order or draft of the town clerk, after audit and allowance by the town board," there is no way she could have gotten away with that but for the town board and yourself either looking the other way, or sheer incompetence on the part of the board and yourself.

"THE BIKE RACE"

More recently, your incompetence and that of the town board were on display when you were taken to task at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting by members of the fire department for your incredible and egregious conduct during the bike race through Poestenkill.

With respect to that bike race, and what you and the town board failed utterly and miserably to do with regard to protecting the public safety is spelled out in plain statutory language a college graduate like yourself should have been able to comprehend and assimilate in New York Town Law § 64.10-b, as follows:

10-b. Temporary blocking of town streets, highways and roads.

After a public hearing on at least five days notice, may adopt regulations setting forth terms and conditions for issuance of a permit by the town superintendent of highways or commissioner of public works to hold a neighborhood block party, celebration or event on a town street, highway or road.

Prior to the time for commencing of such party, celebration or event and for the duration thereof, the permit issuing official shall cause the street or portion thereof to be blocked to motor vehicles except authorized emergency or hazard vehicles, as defined in the vehicle and traffic law and to provide detour signs for vehicular traffic.

end quotes

Because you failed to do that, chaos then ensued, for which you and the town board are responsible, which relates to yet another character defect of yours, which is your contempt for the law as written.

And while we are on the subject of your serious character defects which render you unfit to be a public official for a free people, let me refer you back to Aug. 22, 2012 and a Times Union article by Kenneth C. Crowe II titled  "Assembly candidate under investigation - Complaint alleges sexual act with developmentally disabled woman", where we town residents were informed as follows as to what a class act you really are, to wit:

TROY — A former Rensselaer County legislator running in the Democratic primary for the state Assembly is under investigation by city police for alleged sexual misconduct with a 20-year-old developmentally disabled woman, according to Democratic, Republican and law enforcement sources.

The investigation of Keith Hammond, 51, began Aug. 8 when staff members at ARC of Rensselaer County filed a complaint with the city police, according to a police report and confirmed by law enforcement sources.

The ARC staff told officers that the woman "had come to them and told them that several times from the beginning of March until the end of June S(uspect) had asked VI (victim) for oral sex while the(y) were out on different trips and she agreed," the complaint states.

Hammond is employed as a van or bus driver for the ARC.

The written complaint says the victim was not forced to participate but notes that she "does suffer from developmental defects."

"P(erpetrator) did not force VI to conduct this act but VI was in the care of P at the time," the complaint states.

She was the last passenger on the van at the time of the incident.

The complaint is under investigation, a law enforcement source said.

A determination must be made by a physician whether the young woman was mentally capable of consenting to having sex with another individual.

Hanns Meissner, chief executive officer of Rensselaer County ARC, confirmed that his staff went to the police once they learned of the alleged sexual interaction between a client and an employee, without identifying either person.

This was the first time in his 33 years with the agency, Meissner said, that he has heard of such a complaint being made.

Democratic and Republican sources said the investigations of Hammond's alleged activities with the woman have been a subject of intense discussion in the county as the primary draws near.

Hammond drew national attention in July when his fiancee became a candidate on the Working Families Party line in the 107th District.

At the time, Hammond said that Brenda Mahar's candidacy was an effort to let voters write him in for the minor-party line after he did not get the party's endorsement.

end quotes

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

6 NOVEMBER 2023

Hon. Frank Burzesi
Zoning Board Chairman
Town of Poestenkill
Poestenkill Town Hall
38 David Drive
Poestenkill, NY

RE: Your political letter attacking Pat and Jennifer Wing

Dear Candidate Burzesi:

As a long-term resident of the Town of Poestenkill, let me take a moment of my valuable time to thank you for including me in your mass mailing of your recent political letter titled "Dear Poestenkill Neighbors" wherein you detail for us concerned Poestenkill residents what you consider to be a lot of misinformation showing up online and in print concerning this year's election in Poestenkill where your crony and running mate Keith Hammond, with all of his baggage, including allegations of the sexual exploitation of a developmentally-disabled young woman Keith had power over to satisfy your running mate's sexual cravings, a power he sorely abused to allegedly sate his lust on the young woman, is running for re-election as town supervisor, while you are running for a town council seat.

In your missive, which is really an inappropriate diatribe from yourself as an officer of the town of Poestenkill who has sworn an oath, an empty oath it would appear, to uphold the Constitution of the State of New York, wherein you call down anathema on Pat and Jen Wing, something I find quite unethical and unprofessional for an officer of the town to be doing, you then state as follows, to wit:

"This has made me wonder what has happened to professionalism and the truth!"

end quote

And in all truth, as I read your letter in a state of disbelief, quite actually, that you would be so brazen as to think people like myself reading the letter would be too stupid to see though your misinformation and outright poppycock, such as your specious and patently absurd assertion that Keith Hammond is "working very hard to solve the problems that residents are facing," which assertion is pure balderdash and just plain hoohah, given that my drinking water is contaminated with PFAS thanks to Keith Hammond's abject failure to enforce the provisions of the PDD agreement signed and sealed by the Town of Poestenkill, I had the same exact thought, although with respect to yourself, because we are not getting either from you, to wit: "What has happened to professionalism and the truth in Poestenkill where Poestenkill Zoning Board Chairman and town council candidate Frank Burzesi is concerned?"

Why, candidate Burzesi, do you as a town officer find it necessary to resort to lies, misinformation, and disinformation to attack Pat and Jen Wing for having dared to exercise their right pursuant to §8 of Article I, the Bill of Rights of the New York State Constitution, to freely speak, write and publish their sentiments on all subjects, which subjects would include Poestenkill politics and those running for or holding public office in Poestenkill, to include yourself and your crony, Keith Hammond, who you are so enamoured of, despite his record which you seem to have embraced.

In your diatribe calling down anathema on Pat and Jen Wing, you state, in apparent reference to Pat and Jen Wing, that "It's easy to complain and write letters; it's much harder to work to make things better," a sentiment that resonates with me who am the living proof of just how hard it is in this town under Keith Hammond to actually make things better, you seem to be accusing the Wings, without either foundation or evidence, of being worthless whiners and complainers, when that is as far from the truth that you can get, and the ignorance of the statement as applied to the Wings goes to show just how out of touch you are with reality and the people who live in this town. 

In your diatribe, you make these following patently false and absurd statements, which statement serves to demonstrate just how ignorant you are as to how government should work in this town, to wit:

"The $225,000 settlement was paid to the firewood processor that Pat and Jen were complaining about."

"The Wings complaint and actions led to the violation of his rights and the settlement."

end quotes

The sheer absurdity and ridiculousness of that second sentence, which is so pitifully stupid that it is hard to believe there is someone out there such as yourself ignorant enough to publicly make the assertion and then expect us to be brain-dead enough to believe you, serves as proof positive that due to apparent mental incapacity, you are unfit to be a councilperson in this town, and thanks for taking the time to write your diatribe and publish it to prove that point for us in spades.

Very sincerely,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

County Executive Press Releases

Posted on: November 3, 2023

RENSSELAER COUNTY TO ASSIST POESTENKILL WITH DEVELOPMENT OF NEW WATER SYSTEM TO SERVE ALGONQUIN SCHOOL AREA, COUNTY EXECUTIVE STEVE MCLAUGHLIN AND SUPERVISOR KEITH HAMMOND ANNOUNCE

Rensselaer County will be assisting the Town of Poestenkill with support to make a project to extend municipal water service to the Algonquin Middle School area a reality, County Executive Steve McLaughlin and Poestenkill Supervisor Keith Hammond announced today.

The project will see the county provide $600,000 in the county’s share of American Rescue Plan Act funding to support extension of the public water service to the area, county and town officials said.

Once extended to Algonquin, approximately 150 residents will have the opportunity to form a town water district and have the service provided to individual homes and properties.

“This project will protect health, safety and quality of life, along with establishing a platform for future growth and investment in this area of Poestenkill,” said McLaughlin.

“We appreciate the help and support of Rensselaer County and County Executive McLaughlin in this important project."

"The town has put considerable work into this project and the county assistance will erase a funding shortfall,” said Hammond.

The Algonquin area was the center of a recent discovery of elevated levels of PFAS (Per-andpolyflorinatedsubstance).

The PFAS were initially discovered at the school during an annual test, and eventually elevated detected at several residences near the school.

To date, the town has received $3.2 million in funding from the state, an additional $600,000 from the state, and $1.6 million in funding secured by Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, along with the county funding.

“Poestenkill has received help from a number of sources on the federal, state and now county levels and that has made a difference."

"We are now able to extend an important service that will protect the health of students and eventually residents to an important area of our town,” said Hammond.

“Safe drinking water is essential, and protecting our children and their families is of utmost importance to us."

"We are proud to commit this funding to this important project in my district”, Kelly Hoffman - Chairwoman of the Legislature.

“The county’s $600,000 will go a long way in protecting the students at the school and the neighboring residents."

"After attending several meetings about the contamination, and listening to concerned residents, it is great to help secure the funding for my hometown of Poestenkill and get this project underway”, Rob Bayly - Vice-Chair of Finance.

The county has received $30.5 million in ARPA funds.

A project to extend water and sewer infrastructure along State Route 9 in Schodack has utilized approximately $21 million.

Support was also provided for a project to extend sewer service along sections of Maple Hill Road in Schodack.

Enhancements for staffing at the Van Rensselaer Manor utilized approximately $3 million.

Further announcements on ARPA funds will be forthcoming.

“The county has primarily utilized ARPA funds for the extension of infrastructure in the county."

"A lack of infrastructure has been a major impediment in attracting certain types of development and investment, and we are working to correct that issue."

"That is why our involvement in the Poestenkill project makes sense,” said McLaughlin.

https://www.rensco.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=212
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

8 NOVEMBER 2023

TO: Tom Russell, Supervisor-elect

RE: Water District No. 2; the continuing state of lawlessness in Poestenkill; a demand for answers

Dear Supervisor-elect Russell:

Having just e-mailed you to share with you my concerns with Water District No. 2, I would ask you to read this following Press Release from County political boss "Believe in Steve" McLaughlin, so as to prepare yourself as Poestenkill Planning Board Chairman to provide myself and the affected residents of Poestenkill with some answers as to what "Believe in Steve" is talking about when he states therein “This project will protect health, safety and quality of life, along with establishing a platform for future growth and investment in this area of Poestenkill.”

What future growth in this area of Poestenkill?

And what investment?

What is he talking about, Mr. Planning Board Chairman, given that as Rensselaer County Executive, he has absolutely no say whatsoever as to how Poestenkill is to be developed, nor does he have any authority as to how Poestenkill is developed?

What kind of slimy back-room deals are being cooked up here behind our backs with no say in the matter, nor knowledge that these discussions concerning our future are even taking place?

What is your position here as Planning Board Chairman?

Are you ignorant of these back-room deals going down?

Or are you an active participant behind our backs?

And what of this statement, to wit:

"Once extended to Algonquin, approximately 150 residents will have the opportunity to form a town water district and have the service provided to individual homes and properties."

There has been no approval given to extend any water lines anywhere in Poestenkill, and as to that statement that once extended to Algonquin, approximately 150 residents will have the opportunity to form a town water district and have the service provided to individual homes and properties, it is in direct conflict with statements and/or confirmations made to myself and to Poestenkill resident Greg Pattenaude at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) where at 13:38, I am heard on the video as follows, to wit:

"You (Keith Hammond) told us, I think, back in June that you were going to hold the public hearing for Water District 2 open."

"Is it, yes or no?"

And at about 13:48, as I asked that question, in the video, one can clearly see both Keith Hammond's head and the head of councilman Wohlleber, who was sitting next to Hammond, bobbing in the affirmative.

Then, at 22:20, Poestenkill resident Greg Pattenuade stood at the podium, addressing Keith Hammond and stating, to wit:

"Based on Paul's comments it sounds like the public comment period on the water is still open yes?"

To which at 22:24 Keith Hammond is clearly heard answering in the affirmative, "correct."

So with the public hearing still open, Mr. Planning Board Chairman, there is absolutely no proof in the record that Water District No. 2 is going to resolve anything, starting with the town's water issues, so based on that Press Release, it would appear that there has clearly and unilaterally been a decision made with respect to the water district, behind our backs,

So that when Keith Hammond told us on September 14, 2023 that the public hearing was still open, he was intentionally misleading us and effectively lying to us, because this Press Release makes it incandescently that Poestenkill never intended to hold that hearing.

County Executive Press Releases

Posted on: November 3, 2023

RENSSELAER COUNTY TO ASSIST POESTENKILL WITH DEVELOPMENT OF NEW WATER SYSTEM TO SERVE ALGONQUIN SCHOOL AREA, COUNTY EXECUTIVE STEVE MCLAUGHLIN AND SUPERVISOR KEITH HAMMOND ANNOUNCE

Rensselaer County will be assisting the Town of Poestenkill with support to make a project to extend municipal water service to the Algonquin Middle School area a reality, County Executive Steve McLaughlin and Poestenkill Supervisor Keith Hammond announced today.

The project will see the county provide $600,000 in the county’s share of American Rescue Plan Act funding to support extension of the public water service to the area, county and town officials said.

Once extended to Algonquin, approximately 150 residents will have the opportunity to form a town water district and have the service provided to individual homes and properties.

“This project will protect health, safety and quality of life, along with establishing a platform for future growth and investment in this area of Poestenkill,” said McLaughlin.

“We appreciate the help and support of Rensselaer County and County Executive McLaughlin in this important project."

"The town has put considerable work into this project and the county assistance will erase a funding shortfall,” said Hammond.

The Algonquin area was the center of a recent discovery of elevated levels of PFAS (Per-andpolyflorinatedsubstance).

The PFAS were initially discovered at the school during an annual test, and eventually elevated detected at several residences near the school.

To date, the town has received $3.2 million in funding from the state, an additional $600,000 from the state, and $1.6 million in funding secured by Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, along with the county funding.

“Poestenkill has received help from a number of sources on the federal, state and now county levels and that has made a difference."

"We are now able to extend an important service that will protect the health of students and eventually residents to an important area of our town,” said Hammond.

“Safe drinking water is essential, and protecting our children and their families is of utmost importance to us."

"We are proud to commit this funding to this important project in my district”, Kelly Hoffman - Chairwoman of the Legislature.

“The county’s $600,000 will go a long way in protecting the students at the school and the neighboring residents."

"After attending several meetings about the contamination, and listening to concerned residents, it is great to help secure the funding for my hometown of Poestenkill and get this project underway”, Rob Bayly - Vice-Chair of Finance.

The county has received $30.5 million in ARPA funds.

A project to extend water and sewer infrastructure along State Route 9 in Schodack has utilized approximately $21 million.

Support was also provided for a project to extend sewer service along sections of Maple Hill Road in Schodack.

Enhancements for staffing at the Van Rensselaer Manor utilized approximately $3 million.

Further announcements on ARPA funds will be forthcoming.

“The county has primarily utilized ARPA funds for the extension of infrastructure in the county."

"A lack of infrastructure has been a major impediment in attracting certain types of development and investment, and we are working to correct that issue."

"That is why our involvement in the Poestenkill project makes sense,” said McLaughlin.

https://www.rensco.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=212
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

POESTENKILL CLARION, CHRONICLE & GAZETTE

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of intellectual liberty in Poestenkill

12 November 2023 Edition

EDITORIAL: Deranged Denunciato Calls Into Question Councilman-elect Burzesi's Fitness to Serve Poestenkill Residents Fairly and Impartially as Town Officer

In Poestenkill political news today, now that the November election is finally over, with Hammond crony and puppet Frank Burzesi having been elected to office as a Poestenkill councilperson after barely beating an opponent deemed unelectable in Poestenkill due to her association with the Democrat party in Republican-dominated Poestenkill, there is once again considerable cause for concern brewing in the minds of Poestenkill residents as their attention shifts back to the unhinged and deranged Manifesto and Denunciato calling down anathema on the heads of Pat and Jen Wing of Poestenkill issued townwide by candidate Burzesi just before the election on 7 November, in a futile effort by candidate and Poestenkill Zoning Board Chairman Burzesi to get his crony and puppet master Keith Hammond re-elected as town supervisor by denouncing Pat and Jen Wing therein as follows, to wit:

"Keith is working hard despite the headwinds from people like Pat and Jen Wing."

Point One obviously is the fact that since Keith Hammond was soundly rejected by the people of Poestenkill and was therefore trounced in the election by a Democrat he previously defeated in a Republic-controlled town, any headwinds created by either or both Pat and Jen Wing should be and are viewed as being good for the town and its people, although Hammond puppet Burzesi clearly does not see it that way.

Accordingly, with his condemnatory phrase in the Denunciato where he states "people like Pat and Jen Wing," as if Burzesi is treating them not as responsible citizens but as some variety or species of pond scum, people in Poestenkill are concerned, and with good reason, about councilman-elect Burzesi's ability, or more correctly, lack thereof, to serve all residents of Poestenkill, including Pat and Jen Wing, in a fair and impartial manner given the statutory language of New York State Town Law § 2, Definition of town, wherein is clearly and unequivocally stated that a town like Poestenkill is a municipal corporation comprising the inhabitants within its boundaries, and formed for the purpose of exercising such powers and discharging such duties of local government and administration of public affairs as have been, or, may be conferred or imposed upon it by law.

If a town like Poestenkill is by law a municipal corporation comprising the inhabitants within its boundaries, then clearly, because they reside within the boundaries of Poestenkill, Pat and Jen Wing are as much inhabitants of this town as are Frank Burzesi and his puppet master Keith Hammond, and Burzesi's failure to acknowledge that reality in his recent Denunciato and Manifesto calls into question Burzesi's fitness to serve as a Poestenkill councilman, given that at the time he issued the Denunciato, Burzesi was in fact a town officer who had already sworn an oath to support the constitution of the State of New York, wherein is stated in clear and concise language a college graduate like Frank Burzesi should be able to comprehend and understand in Section 1 of Article I, the Bill of Rights of the same New York State Constitution Burzesi has sworn to support, that no member of this state, which would include Pat and Jen Wing, shall be disfranchised, or deprived of any of the rights or privileges secured to any citizen thereof, including rights and privileges secured to Frank Burzesi and his puppet master Keith Hammond, and given that Burzesi appears not inclined to secure those same rights and privileges for Pat and Jen Wing, he is clearly unfit as an oath breaker to serve as a Poestenkill councilman, for which reason he should decline to serve as unworthy to serve the people of Poestenkill.

Further, §11 of Article I, the Bill of Rights, states that no person, which again would include Pat and Jen Wing, shall be denied the equal protection of the laws of this state or any subdivision thereof, and by singling out Pat and Jen Wing In his Manifesto, wherein councilman-elect Burzesi called out these two citizens by name, a frankly incredible act for a candidate for town office to do, publicly single out town residents by name for retaliatory treatment because they have dared to question his fitness to serve in public office in Poestenkill, a legitimate concern in this case given candidate Burzesi's prior conduct in office as a public official in Poestenkill, he is making it patently and incandescently clear to all concerned that upon taking offi8ce, he does not intend to afford either Pat or Jen Wing the equal protection of the laws of this state, and if he would deny them the equal protection of the laws of this state, who else would he also deny them to?

And can we as a town afford to wait to find out that answer?

To which this writer, who has been in this town for over seventy years, says no.

By his actions, and as will be further discussed in a future editorial, this is not Burzesi's first go-round with ethics questions, councilman-elect Burzesi has proven himself unfit for office and must do the right thing, which is to resign in the light of the regulatory language of Poestenkill Town Code § 28-4, wherein is stated that every Town employee shall strive to ensure that his or her duties are always performed independently, impartially and in the public interest, free of conflicting personal interests.

By his unwarranted attack on Pat and Jen Wing as the Poestenkill Zoning Board Chairman already subject to those ethics regulations, councilman-elect Burzesi has made it crystal clear to all concerned that he will not be able to perform his duties as councilman independently, impartially and in the public interest, free of conflicting personal interests, and thus has proven his unfitness to serve.

Further, Poestenkill Town Code § 28-5(D), which applies to Frank Burzesi as Poestenkill Zoning Board Chairman, states that a Town employee, defined in Poestenkill Town Code Code § 28-3 as "Any officer or employee of the Town of Poestenkill, whether paid or unpaid, whether service is in a full-time, part-time or advisory capacity," such as Frank Burzesi shall not, by his or her conduct, give reasonable basis for the inference that any person can improperly influence him or her or unduly enjoy his or her favor in the performance of official duties, or that he or she is affected by the kinship, rank, position or influence of any party or person, while Poestenkill Town Code § 28-5(E) states that each Town employee, including Franki Burzesi as Zoning Board Chairman, shall endeavor to pursue a course of conduct which will not raise suspicion among the public that he or she is likely to be engaged in acts that are in violation of his or her trust.

By his actions, councilman-elect Burzesi fails miserably on both counts.

So, people of Poestenkill, please do the right thing for yourself, your family, and your community by rejecting Frank Burzesi based on his unfitness to serve as a councilman on the Poestenkill town board, and demand he resign.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

POESTENKILL CLARION, CHRONICLE & GAZETTE

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of intellectual liberty in Poestenkill

14 November 2023 Edition

EDITORIAL: Absurd Statements and Flights of Fancy in Deranged Political Denunciato Call Into Question Councilman-elect Burzesi's Mental Capacity and hence, His Fitness to Serve Poestenkill Residents Fairly and Impartially as Town Officer

In Poestenkill political news today, as word filters out of Poestenkill Town Hall about an alleged impending financial crisis in Poestenkill with the town alleged to be out of money thanks to the incompetence and fiscal mismanagement of the present town board and supervisor, including allowing a town employee to steal town funds as a perc of her position as a town employee, concerned Poestenkill residents are casting even more scrutiny on patently absurd statements made by Hammond crony and puppet councilman-elect Frank Burzesi as concerns mount about his mental fitness, and thus, his lack of ability to be able to effectively deal with this alleged impending crisis on behalf of the residents of this town who desperately need someone with their wits about them in office to deal with this matter, as opposed to covering it over to protect his political cronies who have allegedly caused the mess in the first place.

From statements made by Burzesi in his now famous "Get Pat and Jen Wing Manifesto" (the deranged Political Denunciato) published town-wide just before the 7 November 2023 election that swept his crony and puppet master Keith Hammond from office as town supervisor, it appears that Burzesi, presently Zoning Board Chairman, is totally clueless as to how Poestenkill town government is supposed to function, and appears devoid of knowledge as to the existence of the Code of Poestenkill which in a sane and rational world with non-corrupt public officials would govern Burzesi's actions as Zoning Board Chairman, as opposed to his prejudices and whims and favoritism.

For example, in the Manifesto, Burzesi makes the statement that "wood processing is a part of Poestenkill, and I will support this independent way of life," whatever on earth that statement is supposed to mean.

In point of fact, and one would have expected the town Zoning Board Chairman to be aware of this reality at the time he wrote his "Get Pat and Jen Wing" Diatribe, assuming he had ever bothered to consult the very Town Code governing his own actions, something he never troubled himself to bother with, wood processing is not only a part of Poestenkill as Burzesi says, but is also a part of Article VI of the Poestenkill Code at § 150-28.1 Wood Operations Law, wherein is stated in clear and unambiguous regulatory language as follows:

Wood Operations Law.

[Added 4-15-2021 by L.L. No. 2-2021]

A. The Town of Poestenkill recognizes the tradition of wood operations and forestry in the Rensselaer Plateau section of the Town, and also recognizes that several commercial wood operations have been in operation in violation of the land use regulations.

end quote

Why is Burzesi ignorant of that?

Because he flat don't give a damn about "regulations" in Poestenkill?

Because he is not going to let the law get in the way of a business in Poestenkill?

As to the Wood Operations Law, it continues as follows:

B. In granting a special use permit to allow a commercial wood operation, the Planning Board shall impose conditions concerning:

(2) Dust control and hours of operation;

(5) The location, nature and height of buildings, walls and fences, as well as the nature and intensity of intended operations, so they do not discourage permitted development and use of adjacent land and buildings, or impair the value thereof;

C. In granting or denying a special use permit to allow a commercial wood operation, the Planning Board may impose conditions that:

(3) Assure the character and appearance of the proposed use, building, structure and/or outdoor sign shall be in general harmony with the character and appearance of the surrounding neighborhood; and

(4) Assure the use is not more objectional to nearby properties by reason of noise, fumes, vibration or lights than other permitted uses of the property.

end quotes

From his comments concerning wood processing coupled with his disdain and lack of regard for the Town Code, it is crystal clear that Burzesi cannot be depended on or trusted as a town official to make sure that Code section is enforced in the town.

Then in his Manifesto, Burzesi makes these following unhinged and absurd statements that call into question his very sanity and grasp of reality, and thus, fitness to serve, to wit:

"The $225,000 settlement was paid to the firewood processor that Pat and Jen were complaining about."

"The Wings complaint and actions led to the violation of his rights and the settlement."

end quotes

What a stupid statement that the Wing's actions led to violation of anybody's rights in Poestenkill, and if Burzesi was acting in a sane, rational and responsible manner, as opposed to spouting pure political nonsense, he would have gone online to review the lawsuit and all the papers associated with it at https://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-y ... 758/129401 , where he would have found as follows:

Hitchcock v. Town of Poestenkill, New York et al
Plaintiff: Joseph Hitchcock
Defendant: Town of Poestenkill, New York, Keith Hammond and Tracy Church
Case Number: 1:2021cv00758
Filed: July 2, 2021
Court: US District Court for the Northern District of New York
Presiding Judge: Frederick J Scullin
Referring Judge: Daniel J Stewart
Nature of Suit: Civil Rights: Other
Cause of Action: 42 U.S.C. § 1983 Civil Rights Act

As can clearly be seen from the Docket, the Wings were never defendants in that matter, as they would have been had they, as Burzesi falsely claims, been the cause of a violation of Hitchcock's rights, so why has Burzesi chosen to lie to us about that?

And more to the point, why are we foolish enough to tolerate it?

Because it is what we deserve because we are a town full of liars and losers?

From there, Burzesi next appears to fly off into outerspace with these following comments, to wit:

"Furthermore, there are many other small businesses in town that provide independence to residents."

"This includes the Amazon fulfillment that Pat and Jen Wing run out of their house."

end quotes

The "Amazon fulfillment," as Burzesi calls it, happens to be an unobtrusive, successful woman-owned business in Poestenkill that is completely legal in Poestenkill pursuant to the Code, so it is troubling that Burzesi appears to be attacking a woman for daring to have a business in Poestenkill.

From there, Burzesi next states as follows:

"Pat's comments on the ZBA and its workings display a lack of understanding of the board."

Really, people, that is a totally ridiculous claim because the "workings," as Burzesi calls them, of the ZBA are the subject of Poestenkill Town Code Article XIII, and as one reads through that Article, it is patently clear that it is Burzesi himself who is grossly ignorant as to how the ZBA is supposed to lawfully operate, because he goes by his whims and prejudices, not the law and regulations as written.

After that specious claim, Burzesi makes the absurd claim that as a councilman, he is going to "make sure that the Zoning Board and Planning Board are respectful to ALL town residents."

First of all, as a councilman, he has absolutely no control over what either the Planning Board or Zoning Board do or don't do, and he has no way to make them do anything starting with making either board be respectful of ALL town residents, when both boards have a well-established record of being DISRESPECTFUL to town residents.

And more to the point, Burzesi himself as Zoning Board Chairman has a record of not being respectful of town residents who aren't favored by him, and thus, that claim has to be taken with a grain of salt, and it would be unwise for anyone to hold their breath waiting for that to happen - Frank Burzesi demanding that our boards actually treat people with respect instead of contempt.

And then we come to this:

"Pat's statements attributed to Keith Hammond are a combination of misrepresentation and fiction."

Actually, that should read that Frank Burzesi's statements attributed to Pat Wing are a combination of misrepresentation, fiction, and pure poppycock.

So, people of Poestenkill, in conclusion, please do the right thing for yourself, your family, and your community by rejecting Frank Burzesi based on his unfitness to serve as a councilman on the Poestenkill town board, and demand he resign.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

29 NOVEMBER 2023

TO: Poestenkill Town Clerk

FOR: The record

Please have the town record that last evening, 28 NOVEMBER 2023, at 6:36 P.M., as I returned to my home, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, which on-going harassment and intimidation and elder abuse continues to send me a clear message and warning from the town of Poestenkill that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Gettings, who can trespass with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear.

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

5 DECEMBER 2023

TO: Poestenkill Town Clerk

FOR: The record

Please have the town record that this morning, 5 DECEMBER 2023, at 5:12 A.M., as if Gettings continues to have me under surveillance, the moment I stepped out of my front door, on my property, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, and in addition, in an escalation to send me a clear message and warning from the town of Poestenkill that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, she also set two heavy dogs to barking at the same time as if I were indeed a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp with vicious guard dogs waiting to tear me apart.

Please be advised that to protect myself, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 40762 views.

Respectfully,

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE