THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: THE PAUL PLANTE STORY

Post by thelivyjr »

13 DECEMBER 2023

TO: Poestenkill Town Clerk

FOR: The record

Once again in this never-ending horror story, please have the town record that this morning, 13 DECEMBER 2023, at 5:09 A.M., as Gettings continues to stalk me and have me under surveillance, the moment I stepped out of my front door, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear.

Further, please be advised that to protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 50729 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

15 DECEMBER 2023

Please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 14 DECEMBER 2023, at 6:56 P.M., as proof that Patrica Gettings continues to stalk me and have me under surveillance, while continuing to enjoy the protection of the town of Poestenkill, as I backed into my driveway, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, as was the case again last evening, which harassment and intimidation  robs me of the peace and security of my home, as well as destroys my ability to sleep.

And as we approach the anniversary of Poestenkill Code Enforcer Tracy Church "making his bones" as a corrupt town official on 6 February 2021 by making a FALSE REPORT to the New York State Police in Sand Lake that I was mentally ill and a danger to him and the Poestenkill town board, this in retaliation for my complaints about endemic corruption in Poestenkill, it is time to chronicle the role the New York State Police play in colluding with Poestenkill to maintain and protect the corruption, which history begins in 1988, when I was an Associate level public health engineer charged by then-New York State Health Commissioner Dr. David Axelrod with rooting out corruption in the Rensselaer County Department of Health, with a conversation about the misery that was going to befall me if I persisted in trying to bring criminal charges for violation of the Public Health Law against prominent and powerful Republicans to include then-state senator Joe Bruno, against whom I did file charges, with then-State Police BCI Captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Pittstown Republican, who made a statement that I have never forgotten, to wit: "The state police go with the power!"

In plain words, if I persisted in my efforts to enforce the Public Health Law in Rensselaer County and root out the corruption, I was going to find myself on the wrong side of the New York State Police, to my detriment, as was subsequently proven on 29 December 1989 with the State Police cover-up of the Gary Horton vehicular assault against me on Liberty Lane when a Trooper named Gary Kelly, subsequently promoted to BCI as a reward for his part in the cover-up, filed false criminal charges against me in Poestenkill town court.

Trooper John Ogden, who lived in the center of Poestenkill in the house on the north-east corner of the intersection, who was known as "The Enforcer," also was involved and was rewarded by being promoted to BCI, as was, I believe, a Trooper named Gonzalez.

Trooper Gonzalez came personally to my home along with another Trooper, to deliver to me a message from the Judge David Gebhardt as to how much contempt I was held in by the judge and himself, while the other Trooper stood in an overwatch position to guard Trooper Gonzalez, who all that time had me squatting in my driveway like a Viet Cong prisoner being interrogated.

Trooper Ogden subsequently testified as a witness for Horton at my criminal trial on the false charges in North Greenbush town court before the father-in-law of Poestenkill councilman Eric Wohlleber, where I was acquitted of one charge with a hung jury on the other, and at A-259 of the four-volume appendix I prepared as part of an appeal to Judge M. Andrew Dwyer in Rensselaer County Court, which appeal I prevailed in over the Rensselaer County District Attorney, which office was defending Horton, Trooper Ogden testified as follows under cross-examination by myself:

Q At that time when you received the call from Mr. Horton did you know who Mr. Horton was?

A Yes, I did.

Q May I ask the circumstances as to your knowing Mr. Horton?

A I've known him for probably fifteen years. I went to school with him.

Q Is Paul Plante known to you?

A Yes.

Q Was Paul Plante known to you on March 2, 1990?

A Yes.

Q And may I ask the circumstances of how you know Paul Plante or how you knew Paul Plante on ...

A I didn't know you, I knew of Mr. Plante.

Q Okay. What did you know of Mr. Plante on March 2, 1990?

A Very little. I knew that you were, or Mr. Plante at that time, basically the only information I knew about Mr. Plante was blotter entries in our station from previous incidents that he had contact with the state police and from the media, radio and television.

end quotes

What Trooper Ogden knew of me from the media, one of the very best sources there is for a Trooper doing criminal investigations to get the truth from, was as follows:

Wednesday, February 22, 1989 Troy Record article “Court delays Paul Plante’s disciplinary hearing”

Rensselaer County Deputy Attorney Gordon Mayo told New York State Supreme Court Judge Conway as follows:

“Not only could Paul Plante say things during the hearing that could affect pending litigation, but Paul Plante’s behavior is questionable.”

“Mayo said Plante suffers from a post-combat stress condition that could result in irrational behavior.”

“Plante is a Vietnam veteran.”

end quotes

Based on that alone, Trooper Ogden let Horton swear that I was irrational and dangerous.

The criminal information that Trooper Ogden helped his friend Horton fill out stated thusly (Appendix A-200):

On the mentioned time and date, the mentioned defendant did stand approximately at the border line of the complainant's property and the property belonging to the defendant's father and yell, "Hey, Horton, you made a big mistake, you and your family are going six feet under."

"After you get out of jail, I'm going to put you all six feet under."

This incident having occurred pending the outcome of a prior complaint against the same defendant, by the complainant, and is an on-going course of conduct by the same defendant.

end quotes

And thus started the history that has come forward to today, with regard to the role the New York State Police play in protecting corruption in the town of Poestenkill.

Further, please be advised that to protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 50789 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

15 DECEMBER 2023

With that history in my prior communication of the key role the New York State Police have played in protecting and safeguarding corruption in Poestenkill established, that brings us forward in time to the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw where I come on the record at 7:02 to introduce myself and my background as a town resident for over seventy years, and at 9:29, I go to a letter then-Poestenkill councilman Keith Hammond had in the 11 December 1995 edition Sand Lake Advertiser @ p.17, based on that very history, which letter began as follows:

Unfortunately, not everyone who reads your articles realizes, as I do, that you are mentally disturbed, a condition that causes your inability to effectively function in society.

That is why you are forced to live on public assistance.

end quote

To which false claim by Hammond I responded on September 14, 2023 @ 10:12, as follows:

Except I have never lived on public assistance, but facts in Poestenkill don't make a difference!

They don't.

We just make stuff up here.

end quotes

Getting back to what has subsequently occurred since that history began with that Looney warning in 1988, and his promise of harm to come at the hands of the New York State Police, all of which came true, as the record clearly shows, at 10:28, we then come to my response to this part of the 11 December 1995 Hammond letter in the Advertiser, which is based on my false arrest by the New York State Police as they covered up the Horton vehicular assault on 29 December 1989 to protect Horton, who is politically connected in Poestenkill, to wit:

Mr. Plante, I do not have a criminal record, and that's good, and I have never been arrested for harassment or fired from a job because I could not get along with my fellow workers.

And you know what, Keith?

I haven't either.

I do not have a criminal record.

I was arrested, in fact, twice.

I was arrested after I was the victim of a hit-and-run accident, not an accident, hit-and-run assault on Liberty Lane, December 29, 1989.

I was arrested for chasing the vehicle down the road and then throwing my body into the vehicle, forty miles an hour I'm running now - throw my body into the vehicle to cause damage.

But I defended myself against the Rensselaer County District Attorney's office and the State Police and I was acquitted.

So, I was arrested, but I was acquitted.

Now, that's not bad for somebody who is mentally disturbed, which really kind of speaks to the quality and caliber of the lawyers we have in this county that somebody mentally disturbed can go before a jury and beat them.

end quotes

And there in capsule summary we have the basis for all the harassment I have been subjected to since that time, including Poestenkill Code Enforcer Tracy Church's 6 February 2021 FALSE REPORT to the New York State Police in Sand Lake that I was mentally ill and a danger to him and the Poestenkill town board, which all goes back to the misery then-State Police BCI Captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Pittstown Republican, promised me was going to befall me if I persisted in trying to bring criminal charges for violation of the Public Health Law against prominent and powerful Republicans in Rensselaer County to include then-state senator Joe Bruno, against whom I did file charges, which ended my career as an associate public health engineer in Rensselaer County, and began this never-ending horror story I have been living since that time, including this on-going harassment by Gettings with those Nazi concentration camp spotlights, and I wish that all made incandescently clear on the record.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

16 DECEMBER 2023

Please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 15 DECEMBER 2023, at 6:55 P.M., as proof that Patrica Gettings continues to stalk me and have me under surveillance, while continuing to enjoy the protection of the town of Poestenkill, as I backed into my driveway, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, as was the case again last evening, which harassment and intimidation  robs me of the peace and security of my home, as well as destroys my ability to sleep.

And as we approach the anniversary of Poestenkill Code Enforcer Tracy Church "making his bones" as a corrupt town official on 6 February 2021 by making a FALSE REPORT to the New York State Police in Sand Lake that I was mentally ill and a danger to him and the Poestenkill town board, this in retaliation for my complaints about endemic corruption in Poestenkill, and as we continue to chronicle the role the New York State Police play in colluding with Poestenkill to maintain and protect the corruption, which history began in 1988, when I was an Associate level public health engineer charged by then-New York State Health Commissioner Dr. David Axelrod with rooting out corruption in the Rensselaer County Department of Health, following the conversation with then-State Police BCI Captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Pittstown Republican, who told me during that conversation to be advised that "the state police go with the power," which is to say the political power, not the law, as he was telling me about the misery that was going to befall me if I persisted in trying to bring criminal charges for violation of the Public Health Law against prominent and powerful Republicans to include then-state senator Joe Bruno, against whom I did file charges, a U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE – FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION report dated June 30, 1989 stated as follows with respect to the "misery" yet to come beginning on 29 December 1989, to wit:

Plante stated that he was told by Rensselaer County Public Health Director Kenneth Van Praag on October 12, 1988 that he, (Plante) had “upset some of the most powerful men in Rensselaer County” and that Van Praag could no longer “protect” Plante.

end quote

In my unrefuted testimony in New York State Worker’s Compensation Court on May 4, 1992 where Rensselaer County was represented by legal counsel, and where I was to prevail, I testified as follows with respect to what has become for me a long night of terror:

THE JUDGE: What exactly happened then?

PLANTE: I was called in off sick leave and I was told that I would be sick when the County wanted me to be sick and not — at 4:45 p.m. on October 12th (1988), Ken Van Praag called me down to his office.

He told me, Paul, you have upset some of the most powerful men in Rensselaer County.

I can no longer protect you.

You can’t work here any longer.

You had better just go away for awhile because you are going to find Rensselaer County is going to be a very uncomfortable place for you to stay.

end quotes

On and after 20 December 1989 and up to the present time, I was to find out how very true that was to be, which advice was also given to me in 1989, before the 29 December 1989 vehicular assault by Horton that was covered up by the New York State Police and the office of the Rensselaer County District Attorney, by an FBI special agent in Albany, New York named Thomas Dauenhauer who told me to my face that I had "politically powerful enemies," and “you better just leave here, because you will never be safe, and politically, you are radioactive, so nobody is going to protect you.”

On December 29th of 1989, as has been stated, and as the FBI special agent had predicted, I was the victim of the vehicular assault by Horton, a politically-connected enforcer goon in the Town of Poestenkill, for which I was arrested and charged by the state police with attacking the hit-and-run driver’s vehicle with my body, which bizarre and patently ridiculous story was told to me by New York State Trooper Gary Kelly on the morning of 29 December 1989 shortly after the assault as we sat in his cruiser in my driveway.

According to Kelly, who came flying down Liberty Lane from Rt. 351 shortly after Horton had fled the scene heading west on Liberty Lane, in what was obviously a concocted story beforehand, that morning, I had made my way down through the woods behind my house, to where Horton lived, and there I lay in the snow in ambush, waiting for Horton to appear, and when Horton saw me coming after him, he jumped in his vehicle and sped away, up his driveway and then down Liberty Lane with me running after him, and when we got to a point on Liberty Lane in front of my house, I threw my body into his truck, causing damage.

As I sat there listening to this tall tale, it was so patently ridiculous and idiotic that I couldn't believe Kelly was really a Trooper, and what I said to Kelly, who obviously didn't have a brain in his head, an apparent requirement for Troopers in Rensselaer County if he was an example, was that if his story was true, then since the ground was covered with snow, it should be very easy for us to find my footprints in the snow, and then follow them down to the alleged ambush site, where it should be obvious that a person was laying there, and then he would have me cold!

At that, Kelly became flustered, and told me that wasn't necessary, and he left.

After that, believing that some moron had somehow managed to get a State Police cruiser, I drove to the Schodack State Police Barracks and spoke to Zone Sargeant McGreevy and recounted the incident to him, and asking him if Kelly, subsequently rewarded by the State Police for his role in the cover-up by promotion to BCI, was really a trooper.

What followed then was a charade, where first the date of the incident was changed to December 28, 1989, as opposed to December 29, 1989, to make it appear that I had waited a day to make a report to Sargeant McGreevy.

However, that ruse fell apart when I was able to prove that Horton was somewhere else with witnesses attesting to that on December 28, 1989.

So the State Police simply used the expedient of defacing that accusatory instrument, and then resubmitted one with the date 29 December 1989 on it.

That the whole thing was a farce was subsequently proven in Rensselaer County Court on November 30, 1992, in the following colloquy between Rensselaer County Court Judge Judge M. Andrew Dwyer. and the Office of the Rensselaer County District Attorney concerning those false charges lodged against me by the NYSP and the Office of the Rensselaer County District Attorney to cover up the criminal activities of the politically-protected hit-and-run driver:

ADA: I have no position, other than to say, the Court, in its previous position, left me without any recourse other than to not oppose a Motion to Dismiss, in my opinion!

JUDGE: That is your position?

ADA: That is my position!

JUDGE: Then you consent to the dismissal?

ADA: I do, Judge, based upon the fact that the Court, in its previous Decision, left me with an untenable position at trial!

JUDGE: How closely did you read the decision?

ADA: Very!

JUDGE: The District Attorney consented?

ADA: It was the Court’s opinion at trial that there was other evidence out there, and I can affirm that there is not other evidence on which to base a prosecution and the court ruled the evidence that was presented insufficient.

JUDGE: And you take the position that you have no further evidence, at all?

ADA: No further evidence, Judge!

JUDGE: Then it is dismissed!

end quote

No evidence against me, and the hit-and-run driver went free, the Troopers involved in the cover-up were rewarded with promotions, and for me, the nightmare continues unabated!

And thus is the history that has come forward to today, with regard to the role the New York State Police play in protecting corruption in the town of Poestenkill.

And please be advised that to protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 50970 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

22 DECEMBER 2023

Please have the town record reflect the fact that this morning, 22 DECEMBER 2023, at 5:05 A.M., as proof that Patrica Gettings continues to stalk me and have me under surveillance, while continuing to enjoy the protection of the town of Poestenkill, as I came out of my house, it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house.

This is harassment and intimidation continues to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor, with the apparent backing of the New York State Police, who have served as political enforcers for the town of Poestenkill since 1989, being employed as they were to cover up the Gary Horton vehicular assault on 29 December 1989, which anniversary is rapidly approaching, that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, as was the case again last evening, which harassment and intimidation robs me of the peace and security of my home, as well as destroys my ability to sleep.

And please be advised that to continue protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 51018 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

23 DECEMBER 2023

To prove that she is an untouchable in Poestenkill with immunity from the law, and to prove the truth of the promise made to me in 1988 by then-state police BCI captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Republican political figure in Rensselaer County that once labeled a "troublemaker" for going after corruption in Rensselaer County and Poestenkill, that there would be no protection of law for me for the remainder of my life, a promise proved true by Poestenkill code enforcer and civil rights violator Tracy Church on 6 February 2021, when he enlisted the Sand Lake state police as his goons to come to my office in Sand Lake to intimidate and harass me, please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 22 DECEMBER 2023, at 6:21 P.M., it was to see yet again my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly become illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, which on-going harassment and intimidation continues to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor, with the apparent backing of the New York State Police, who have served as political enforcers for the town of Poestenkill since 1989, being employed as they were to cover up the Gary Horton vehicular assault on 29 December 1989, which anniversary is rapidly approaching, that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, as was the case again last evening, which harassment and intimidation robs me of the peace and security of my home, as well as destroys my ability to sleep, and is having a very deleterious effect on my health with my blood pressure being up to 178 yesterday.

And please be advised that to continue protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 51123 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

26 DECEMBER 2023

Once again, as she continues to prove that she is an untouchable in Poestenkill with immunity from the law, and to prove the truth of the promise made to me in 1988 by then-state police BCI captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Republican political figure in Rensselaer County that once labeled a "troublemaker" for going after corruption in Rensselaer County and Poestenkill, that there would be no protection of law for me for the remainder of my life, a promise proved true by Poestenkill code enforcer and civil rights violator Tracy Church on 6 February 2021, when he enlisted the Sand Lake state police as his goons and enforcers to come to my office in Sand Lake to intimidate and harass me, please have the town record reflect the fact that last evening, 25 DECEMBER 2023, at 9:33 P.M., as I backed into my driveway, it was to see yet again the Nazi concentration camp spotlights of Gettings, which must be of several thousand candlepower to put out the intensity of light they do over the distance from the Gettings compound that they cover, come on so that my land to the north of the residence of Patricia Gettings on the north side of the west end of Liberty Lane instantly became illuminated by a huge bubble of light up into the branches of trees forty or more feet in height, which bubble of light was caused by the Nazi Concentration Camp spotlights on the north side of the Gettings house, which on-going harassment and intimidation continues to send me a very clear message and a warning from the town of Poestenkill and its newly elected supervisor, with the apparent backing of the New York State Police, who have served as political enforcers for the town of Poestenkill since 1989, being employed as they were to cover up the Gary Horton vehicular assault on 29 December 1989, which anniversary is rapidly approaching, that Poestenkill town hall is going to be a very hostile and unwelcoming place for me under this new, incoming administration and that I will never be safe in Poestenkill, nor will I ever have justice, or security in my home or on my property, which is under the effective control of Poestenkill and Gettings, who can trespass on my property and in my life with impunity, but instead will spend my days as an elderly resident of Poestenkill living in a continual state of fear, as was the case again last evening, which harassment and intimidation robs me of the peace and security of my home, as well as destroys my ability to sleep, and is having a very deleterious effect on my health, by intent.

With respect to the 1988 Looney message about getting labeled as a "troublemaker," in a May 1990 Report to the then-Poestenkill town board, then-Poestenkill dog control officer Christine R. Lincoln labeled me a "well-known agitator," a pejorative label that was readily accepted by the Poestenkill town board and its supervisor, which pejorative label then fed into the now-famous Hammond diatribe in the 11 December 1995 edition Sand Lake Advertiser @ p.17, that I read portions of at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw which hate-filled diatribe began as follows:

Unfortunately, not everyone who reads your articles realizes, as I do, that you are mentally disturbed, a condition that causes your inability to effectively function in society.

end quote

And that in turn fed into the FALSE REPORT of Poestenkill Code Enforcer Tracy Church on 6 February 2021 to the New York State Police in Sand Lake that I was mentally ill and a danger to him and the Poestenkill town board, which all goes back to the misery then-State Police BCI Captain Jerry Looney, a powerful Pittstown Republican, promised me was going to befall me if I persisted in trying to bring criminal charges for violation of the Public Health Law against prominent and powerful Republicans in Rensselaer County to include then-state senator Joe Bruno, against whom I did file charges, which ended my career as an associate public health engineer in Rensselaer County, and began this never-ending horror story I have been living since that time, including this on-going harassment by Gettings with those Nazi concentration camp spotlights, and I wish that all made incandescently clear on the record.

And please be advised that to continue protect myself, and to inform the candid world of what life in Poestenkill, New York is really like if one stands up to endemic corruption, I am posting these messages on the internet, which site is now up to 51243 views.

Paul R. Plante, NYSPE
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR DECEMBER 30, 2023 AT 9:43 PM

Paul Plante says:

Were I to be asked as an older American to summarize EVERYTHING that I think is wrong at EVERY LEVEL of what purports to be “government” in America from the bottom to the top, and from the top back to the bottom, and every level in between; be it town, village, city, county, state and federal, I would simply point to and offer up what I am saying in this YouTube video of the June 8, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cXdWg5pAgY where I can be seen and heard in the video zealously guarding my country’s welfare, starting at the town level in the corrupt town I reside in, and the YouTube video of the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw where I come in at 7:02, doing the same, and when put into more detailed words it comes out as “failure theater” with totally unaccountable government at ALL LEVELS, no environmental protection, no public health protection, no equal protection of law, to mention just a few things.

In the video of the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting @ 10:12, I can be heard saying, “but facts in Poestenkill don’t make a difference, they don’t, we just make stuff up here,” and that is true not only in that corrupt, anti-veteran ****hole of a town, but all the way up the chain of command.

As can be clearly seen in both videos, public officials, despite any empty oaths they swear to uphold the law or a Constitution, because those oaths themselves can’t be enforced against a public official who is foresworn, can therefore lie with impunity and can whitewash and cover-up corrupt practices and environmental crimes, right out in plain sight, because there is NO WAY to hold them to account.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

POESTENKILL CLARION, CHRONICLE & GAZETTE

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of intellectual liberty in Poestenkill

New Year's Day 2024 Edition

"QUESTIONS AWAIT ANSWERS FROM NEW TOWN SUPERVISOR"

When newly-elected Democrat Town Supervisor Tom Russell, formerly the Town Planning Board Chairman for out-going supervisor Keith Hammond, swears out his Oath of Office to support the constitution of the State of New York, wherein is stated in clear and concise language in Section 1 of Article I, the Bill of Rights that no member of this state, which would include ALL residents of Poestenkill, and not just the politically connected and favored such as Waste Management of New York, LLC, shall be disfranchised, or deprived of any of the rights or privileges secured to any citizen thereof, and further, in §11 of Article I, the Bill of Rights, wherein is stated that no person, which again would include ALL residents of Poestenkill and not just Waste Management of New York, LLC, shall be denied the equal protection of the laws of this state or any subdivision thereof, he shall find himself confronted with the following questions, all of which demand actual answers, and not dithering, or evasions, to wit:

THE TOWN WEBSITE

In the past, specifically during the PFAS debacle, and here I am referring specifically to an “Update on Algonquin Middle School Water Tests” from Bob Brunet – Poestenkill Water Manager, on the Poestenkill website, which is nothing more than a propaganda channel for the town, the website has been a vehicle for town officials to feed us misinformation and outright lies such as PFAS in the Algonquin Middle School's drinking water “does not pose a significant health risk” and “Your water continues to be acceptable for all uses,” and "The Town of Poestenkill is a quiet, safe town located in Rensselaer County, New York - far removed from the hustle and bustle of modern urban society."

Q: What provision is Supervisor Russell going to make that will allow town residents to challenge that misinformation and those lies on the town website to get them removed and corrected, specifically that the Town of Poestenkill is a quiet, safe town far removed from the hustle and bustle of modern urban society?

As was proven during the PFAS debacle and subsequent whitewash attempt by the town board, Poestenkill is hardly "safe," which point was further reinforced on the town website, as follows:

ALERT POESTENKILL WELL OWNERS:

As a result of recent testing of 15 Poestenkill resident wells for the presence of bacteria, particularly Coliform and E-Coli, it is apparent that most well owners do not regularly test their wells for bacteria, as recommended by the DEC and are therefore not aware of dangerous bacteria in their water.

Of these 15 wells recently tested 11 (73%) tested as “This result indicates that the water WAS NOT of a SATISFACTORY SANITARY QUALITY when sampled”.

end quotes

For the record, coliform bacteria in the drinking water of a community like Poestenkill is a sure sign of a backwards, primitive society with a third-world health department which you would expect to find in some place like Haiti or Uganda, where children in backwards Poestenkill now say “Mommy, this water tastes like it has KA-KA in it, why is there POOP in our drinking water?” to which the mother replies, “Hush, child, drink up, the health department says it’s good for you!”

That is a legacy predicted in 1989 by then-New York State Health Commissioner Dr. David Axelrod at page 7 of the 1989 Axelrod Report on Endemic Corruption in the Rensselaer County Health Department, under "Discussion," where Dr. Axelrod was more emphatic about what that finding about coliform bacteria in Poestenkill wells today really means to we who live in Poestenkill, to wit:

"Based upon a review of the County's subdivision and private water and sewage programs, it is clear that Paul Plante's concerns about its integrity are justified."

"The public health and environment are threatened by an inordinate number of sewage system failures, which are the legacy of mismanaged programs in prior years."

"Further, the County may face many more system failures in future seasons to come, and immediate steps should be taken to properly manage a comprehensive program in the future."

end quotes

That, of course, was never done, and speaking of more system failures, as one drives on Algonquin Beach Road from Rt. 66, as one passes Algonquin Estates, on the left one comes to an old farm house followed by three new homes, and when one looks at the slope in front of the middle one, a large white structure, one notices a large black circle next to the driveway in the area of the septic leach field which is an alleged give-away of yet another failed septic system in Poestenkill, with its KA-KA water.

Q: Why is the town website lying to us by telling us Poestenkill is "safe," when it clearly is far from it?

When one reviews the town website, which has been recently altered, one finds that it is nothing more than a series of empty political advertisements for various town officials.

Q: What legitimate purpose does that serve?

Q: Why has the Personnel Directory been removed from the website?

Q: Why is there no mention of the Town Board of Ethics on the website?

THE BOARD OF ETHICS

Article III of the Poestenkill Town Code, titled Board of Ethics, states in clear and unequivocal regulatory language in § 28-8A as follows:

There is hereby established a Board of Ethics consisting of five members to be appointed by the Town Board, all of whom reside in the Town of Poestenkill and who shall serve without compensation.

A majority of such members shall not be Town employees.

end quotes

Q: Who are the five members of the Poestenkill Board of Ethics?

WATER DISTRICT NO. 2 PUBLIC HEARING

On MAY 11, 2023, the Town of Poestenkill held a public hearing on proposed Water District No. 2, and one of the Powerpoint slides presented stated as follows:

PURPOSE OF HEARING

Proposed Water District No. 2

MAY 11, 2023

Per NYS Town Law Article 12-A, Section 209-D, prior to making a determination as to whether or not create a special district for the purpose of providing water, the Town Board is required to “hold a public hearing to hear all persons interested in the subject thereof.”

That has never been done.

At the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) at 13:38, I can clearly be heard on the video stating as follows, to wit:

"You (Keith Hammond) told us, I think, back in June that you were going to hold the public hearing for Water District 2 open."

"Is it, yes or no?"

And at about 13:48, as I asked that question, in the video, one can clearly see both Keith Hammond's head and the head of councilman Wohlleber, who was sitting next to Hammond, bobbing in the affirmative.

Then, at 22:20 in that same video, Poestenkill resident Greg Pattenuade can be seen standing at the podium, addressing Keith Hammond and stating as follows, to wit:

"Based on Paul's comments it sounds like the public comment period on the water is still open yes?"

To which at 22:24 Keith Hammond is clearly heard answering in the affirmative, "correct."

Q: What is the status of the public hearing for proposed Water District No. 2?

Q: Is the public hearing still open?

THE ALGONQUIN SCHOOL LAWSUIT

On Monday, July 17, 2023, @ 8:48 AM, Poestenkill Town Councilmember Eric Wohlleber sent out a notice to town resident titled Subject: Poestenkill PFOA Update, wherein was stated as follows:

Neighbors,

I have received several calls/emails recently on the Town Board's action on Thursday night, so I thought I would provide an update to this group.

On Thursday, July 13th the Poestenkill Town Board approved a resolution to authorize a notice of claim in relation to the PFOA/PFOS contamination to be served to the Averill Park Central School District.

I voted for this resolution because it is an important step in protecting the property rights, property values and the health of Poestenkill residents.

By serving the school district this notice of claim, the Town is taking a necessary step in protecting the rights of the town on behalf of its residents who have been negatively impacted by the PFOA/PFOS contamination.

This notice of claim, provides the Town of Poestenkill one-year to file any potential action in relation to the contamination.

As per the resolution - "The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation issued a Final Assessment Area Report on April 20, 2023 - concluding the Algonquin Middle School is the significant source area for PFOA and PFOS contamination found in groundwater in such location..." and "the Town of Poestenkill confirms it authorization to cause the preparation of a notice of claim on behalf of the Town of Poestenkill to the Averill Park Central School District.... with respect to all legal and/or equitable rights and remedies that the Town of Poestenkill may have against the Averill Park Central School District with respect to groundwater contamination and costs incurred by the Town of Poestenkill..."

The Town had, by law, 90 days after the filing of the final report (by NYSDEC) to file the notice of claim to reserve the town's rights for any potential future action, if the Town Board chooses that route.

I hope this update helps to clarify, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions - my cell is 518-857-0645.

end quotes

Thereafter, at the September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53aw ) at 13:48, I can clearly be heard on the video asking the following question, to wit:

"Has that absurd, ridiculous, idiotic, moronic Notice of Claim against the school district been timely served and timely filed, yes or no?"

"Was it served?"

To which question town attorney Andy Gilchrist is heard at 14:07 answering yes, followed by me asking "Was it filed," to which question Andy again answered "yes,"

Q: What is the status of that lawsuit today, now that the Notice of Claim has in fact been served on the Averill Park School District?

FISCAL MISMANAGEMENT

As the town lurches from one fiasco or debacle to the next one, what with the PFAS debacle, and KA-KA in people's drinking water, and the Hitchcock civil rights lawsuit the town lost, to the detriment of the town taxpayers, we also learned that through what can only be called fiscal mismanagement and fiscal irresponsibility on the part of the town board, the town found itself without operating funds, which raises the following series of questions for Supervisor Russell, to wit:

By way of background, TOWN LAW, §64(1); GENERAL MUNICIPAL LAW, §11: The town board manages and controls the finances of the town, but may authorize its chief fiscal officer or officer having custody of town moneys to temporarily invest moneys not needed for immediate expenditure.

Further, the powers and duties prescribed for the town supervisor under section 125 of the Town Law include the keeping of separate appropriation accounts, preventing funds or appropriation accounts from being overdrawn.

Clearly, none of those tasks were accomplished.

Q: How does Supervisor Russell propose to correct those obvious deficiencies?

Pursuant to section 124 of the Town Law: Nothing in this section shall be construed to relieve the town supervisor of his duties as treasurer of the town pursuant to subdivisions one, two, three and four of section twenty-nine of this chapter.

The supervisor's duties as treasurer under section 29 include collecting, receiving and having the care and custody of moneys belonging to or due the town (Town Law, §29[1]) and depositing all such moneys in designated banks or trust companies within 10 days of receipt (Town Law, §29[2]).

Q: Is Supervisor Russell aware of these sections of law?

Q: Does Supervisor Russell intend to take them seriously, or will he do as is typically done in Poestenkill by treating them as mere advice, with no need to adhere to them?

Municipal Home Rule Law, §10(1)(ii)(a)(1) provides that a local government may adopt local laws, not inconsistent with the Constitution or general laws, relating to, among other things, the powers and duties of its officers and employees.

In addition, section 10(1)(ii)(d)(3) authorizes towns to supersede any provision of the Town Law, with certain exceptions, relating to its property, affairs or government or other matters of the town to the extent to which it is authorized to adopt local laws (1987 Opns St Comp No. 87-43, p 66; 1985 Opns St Comp No. 85-46, p 62).

One of the exceptions stated in section 10(1)(ii)(d)(3) prohibits a town from superseding the provisions of Article 8 of the Town Law relating to town finances.

Q: Does Supervisor Russell intend to abide by that?

Highway Law §283 provides that moneys available for highway, bridge and miscellaneous highway purposes shall be paid to the town supervisor who shall be custodian thereof (see also Highway Law, §289).

Q: Does Supervisor Russell intend to abide that section of law?

General Municipal Law Section 11 provides that the town board may authorize the "chief fiscal officer or officer having custody of moneys" of the town to invest moneys not required for immediate expenditure in special time deposit accounts in, or certificates of deposit issued by, a bank or trust company located in and authorized to do business in New York.

Q: Why then was Poestenkill town board member Haas then allegedly investing this money in T-bills?

Under section 11 of the General Municipal Law, since it is evident that only an official having custody of moneys may be authorized to invest, the town board cannot itself actually perform the act of investing town moneys.

However, the town board has "the general management and control of the finances of the town" (Town Law, §64[1]) and has the ultimate responsibility to determine the investment policy of the town.

Therefore, the board could delegate the investment function, subject to standards and guidelines prescribed by the board (23 Opns St Comp, 1967, supra; 21 Opns St Comp, 1965, p 778).

In this regard, in the Financial Management Guide for Local Governments published by the Office of the New York State Comptroller, it is stated that management policies, operating procedures and audit procedures are essential to a sound investment program and set forth in detail what those policies and procedures should contain.

The management guide recommends that there be a written investment policy which, among other things, sets forth the types of permissible investments, the procedures to be adhered to for each type of investment, an approved list of trading partners with investment limits and a requirement that all investments be made in accordance with applicable statutory provisions and policy directives of the board.

Q: Has this been done?

Q: Will this be done and adhered to?
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

POESTENKILL CLARION, CHRONICLE & GAZETTE

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of intellectual liberty in Poestenkill

January 2d 2024 Edition

"ON POESTENKILL'S WORTHLESS ETHICS LAW"

Rhetorically speaking, when is a law not a law, at all?

And for that answer, we need go no further than Article III of the Poestenkill Town Code, titled Board of Ethics, wherein is stated in clear and unequivocal regulatory language in § 28-8A as follows:

There is hereby established a Board of Ethics consisting of five members to be appointed by the Town Board, all of whom reside in the Town of Poestenkill and who shall serve without compensation.

end quote

And there is where we already see the train coming off the tracks, because in reality, who is the Poestenkill town board, which board blatantly lied to us through its teeth (see, September 14, 2023 Poestenkill Town Board Meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTSiQs53 @ 7:02), telling us that PFAS was safe to drink, while at the same conducting a whitewash and cover-up to protect Waste Management of New York, LLC at the Poestenkill PDD housing the Poestenkill transfer station, going to appoint to be a watchdog
over itself other than a spavined (being of or marked by a decrepit or broken-down condition) old hound that has to gum its food because it lacks teeth to eat with, that spends all its time asleep in front of the fire?

Such is the Poestenkill Board of Ethics, if it even exists, and that is by design, because the truth of the matter is that in Poestenkill, the town board, which is unaccountable to the people of Poestenkill, and answers only to itself, does not want any oversight, especially with respect to "ethics," so that in Poestenkill, when it comes to town government outside the Town Clerk's office and the Highway Department, both of which are run by elected officials answerable to the people of Poestenkill, not the supervisor or town board, there are none!

But the intentional flaws in the legislation only begin there, as we see by going to Poestenkill Town Code § 28-9, titled "Advisory opinions," where we have the fatal flaw in the legislation expressed as follows:

The Board of Ethics established herein shall render advisory opinions to Town employees or former Town employees on written request of the employee or of the Town Board.

end quote

Talk about ridiculous, moronic and absurd legislation designed to protect endemic corruption in Poestenkill, there we have it right before our eyes.

This is at best like texting the drivers in the Indianapolis 500 in the middle of the race to advise them that according to track radar, they are traveling at a speed far in excess of the allowable maximum speed limit in the state of Indiana.

So, in Poestenkill a town employee appointed by the town board, or a member of the town board, or a member of the planning board or zoning board who "feel" that they might be acting unethically, but aren't really sure themselves, not being "experts," afterall, on what is ethical in Poestenkill versus what is not ethical in Poestenkill, can ask the Board of Ethics, which is appointed by the town board, and pursuant to Poestenkill Town Code § 28-8A, shall include at least one member who is an elected or appointed Town officer or employee, such as Keith Hammond, while the Town Attorney, who is selected by the town board and is answerable to the town board, not the people of Poestenkill, who in any event cannot make ethics violations to the Board of Ethics, shall provide counsel to the Board of Ethics which is appointed by the town board and contains up to two members who are either elected or appointed Town officers or employees.

So, it is a closed shop that is totally worthless to the people of Poestenkill, period, and the flawed manner in the way the legislation is written makes the concept of ethics in Poestenkill, like the reality, a sick joke!

And such is life in Poestenkill, a town that is safe for corporate polluters and corrupt town officials, and no one else!