ROBERT F. KENNEDY, JR

thelivyjr
Site Admin

ROBERT F. KENNEDY, JR

Post by thelivyjr »

BBC NEWS

"Kennedy heir to challenge Biden for White House"

5 APRIL 2023

Robert F Kennedy Jr has filed election paperwork to run for US president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The 69-year-old is the son of assassinated Senator Robert F Kennedy and nephew of President John F Kennedy.

The environmental lawyer's campaign treasurer, John E Sullivan, confirmed the filing to CNN on Wednesday.

Mr Kennedy is an outspoken anti-vaccine campaigner.

Instagram removed his account in 2021 for "repeatedly sharing debunked claims", the company said.

US President Joe Biden has indicated he will run for re-election, though he has not yet formally declared his candidacy.

In March, Mr Kennedy shared on Twitter that he was considering a run for president.

At the time, he said: "If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children, and robbed us of our values and freedoms."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ke ... 802e&ei=12
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: ROBERT F. KENNEDY, JR

Post by thelivyjr »

REUTERS

"Robert Kennedy Jr to make 2024 Democratic presidential bid"

Reuters

April 6, 2023

WASHINGTON, April 6 (Reuters) - Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a lawyer and vaccine skeptic, will make a bid for the White House in 2024, becoming the second long-shot Democratic candidate to challenge President Joe Biden in his expected run for re-election.

Kennedy, 69, the son of assassinated 1968 presidential candidate U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy, filed papers with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.

Marianne Williamson, the self-help guru who warned of the "dark psychic force" unleashed by Republican President Donald Trump, launched a Democratic presidential bid for 2024 in March, calling for "justice and love."

A longtime vaccine skeptic, Kennedy was tapped in 2017 to oversee a presidential panel to review vaccine safety and science at the request of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, a move that drew immediate criticism from scientists and public health experts who feared it would legitimize skeptics of childhood immunizations.

In 2021, Instagram removed Kennedy's account after he repeatedly shared debunked claims about COVID-19, in violation of its policies on the coronavirus pandemic.

The environmental lawyer, a member of the storied American political dynasty, was a nephew of assassinated President John F. Kennedy.

Kennedy hinted at his presidential ambitions in a Twitter post last month asking for help in deciding whether he should run for the White House.

"If it looks like I can raise the money and mobilize enough people to win, I’ll jump in the race," he wrote.

"If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children and robbed us of our values and freedoms."

Reporting by Doina Chiacu; editing by Mark Heinrich

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/robert ... 023-04-06/
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Robert Kennedy Jr. calls out Biden with 2024 White House bid: I’m in ‘much better position’ to beat Trump"

Story by Kayla Bailey

22 APRIL 2023

As Democrats await President Biden's potential 2024 campaign announcement, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has decided to throw his hat in the presidential ring.

During an appearance on "Cavuto Live," host Neil Cavuto noted that many Democrats are not "too keen" on his decision to challenge the President Biden, but Kennedy assured voters that he is in a "much better position" to go up against the anticipated Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

"Right now, polls show President Biden losing to Donald Trump, who is the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party" Kennedy argued, Saturday.

"Ultimately, I think I'm in a much better position to beat Donald Trump than Joe Biden is."

"And I also just disagree with him on basic issues, like my father did with Lyndon Johnson on censorship."

"I don't think the White House should be censoring its political critics."

The Democratic challenger continued, touting that if Americans have an "appetite" for truth, he will be in the "White House in 2025."

"Like My dad ran on principle, he did not believe that he could win."

"And his objective was to tell the truth to the American people, and that's what I'm going to do."

"And if there's an appetite for that, I'll be in the White House in 2025," he said.

Some critics say that voters are looking for a fresh candidate in 2024, taking into account the physical risks associated with an older nominee.

Kennedy Jr. weighed in, arguing that there are "things that [he's] much more frightened of."

"I'm clearly aware of that risk, but there are things that I'm much more frightened of than, you know, than death, for example."

"I'm much more frightened of losing my constitutional rights and of America losing its democracy," Kennedy Jr. continued.

"I don't think age is the major metric."

"I think the metric is your physical health and your mental acuity."

"So, I mean, there are people who are 80 years old, who I meet who seem almost younger than me."

"So I don't think the actual chronological age is the limiting factor."

"I think the more important issue is, is just the mental acuity," he said.

Kennedy is considered a long shot in the presidential race, but a new poll says he has taken a chunk of President Biden's supporters in the outset of his campaign.

A new USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll says 14 percent of Biden’s 2020 voters flocked to Kennedy when he first announced his candidacy earlier this month.

Kennedy and Marianne Williamson are the first Democratic candidates to challenge Biden in the 2024 presidential race.

Fox News' Joshua Comins contributed to this report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 8213&ei=21
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

USA TODAY

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says middle class was 'wiped out' during COVID-19 lockdowns"

Story by Candy Woodall, USA TODAY

23 APRIL 2023

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who last week launched his 2024 bid for the White House, is taking aim at an area that has been viewed as a weakness for President Joe Biden – the economy.

But Kennedy Jr. didn't focus his complaints on factors Biden is typically blamed for, such as inflation and the higher cost of living.

He instead blamed the COVID-19 lockdowns that began during the Trump administration.

"The strength of a nation comes from a strong economy and a vibrant middle class, and we have wiped out the middle class in the country systematically," Kennedy said on Fox News Saturday.

Kennedy, 69, who opposed vaccine mandates during the pandemic, said the COVID-19 lockdowns hurt the middle class and boosted the wealthy.

Could Robert F. Kennedy Jr. defeat Donald Trump?

"I’m in a better position to run against Donald Trump than any of the Democrats because I can hold him accountable for the worst thing that he did, which was the lockdowns," Kennedy said.

Biden, who defeated former President Donald Trump in 2020 by more than 7 million votes, could also make the argument that he's in a good position to run against Trump given that he won the last presidential election.

Biden is expected to launch his bid Tuesday.

Though Kennedy is considered a longshot challenger to Biden, the son of one of the most famous names in American politics said polling and principles show he has a message.

A USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll last week shows 14 percent of Biden voters would support Kennedy Jr.

That's not a big threat to Biden, but it's a high amount for an unlikely candidate and signals some restlessness among voters who may be looking for a change.

Kennedy Jr., the son of former Sen. Robert F. Kennedy and nephew of former President John F. Kennedy, has built a political brand by leading debunked conspiracy theories that childhood vaccines cause autism.

But he says he's running for the highest office in the country to spread the truth.

"Like my dad ran on principle, he did not believe that he could win."

"And his objective was to tell the truth to the American people," he said on Fox News.

"And that’s what I’m going to do."

"And if there’s an appetite for that, I’ll be in the White House in 2025."

Candy Woodall is a Congress reporter for USA TODAY. She can be reached at cwoodall@usatoday.com or on Twitter at @candynotcandace.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 455f&ei=32
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. challenges Biden to debate as many Americans have 'major' concerns about president's age"

Story by Adam Sabes

25 APRIL 2023

Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is challenging President Biden to several debates and town halls after the incumbent made his announcement on Tuesday that he will seek another term in office while a new poll suggests many Americans are concerned with the president's age.

Kennedy, who is the son of Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of former President John F. Kennedy, issued the challenge to Biden in a tweet on Tuesday.

"I have known and liked Joe Biden for many years, but we differ profoundly on fundamental issues such as corporate influence in government, censorship, civil liberties, poverty, corruption, and war policy, among others."

"I look forward to engaging him in debates and town hall meetings, in a primary election that is honest, civil, and transparent."

"I invite him into a new era of respectful dialog in these times of division," Kennedy Jr. said in a tweet on Tuesday morning.

Kennedy said that while he's a "multi-generational Democrat," his party has gone "off track."

"Remember when we upheld the interests of the poor and middle class against big corporations and Wall Street?"

"Remember when we were the party of peace, civil liberties, and people power?"

"I aim to reclaim my party and its traditional values," Kennedy said.

"The Biden administration is riddled with Neocons, war hawks, Wall Street people, and former corporate lobbyists."

"That's what the party elite has become."

"But I know the rank-and-file — and the American people as a whole — don't share their priorities."

"It's time to return our party and our nation to the people."

A recent poll from NBC News shows that nearly 3 out of 4 Americans don't believe Biden should run for reelection.

Out of those who believe Biden shouldn't run for reelection, 48% have "major" concerns with Biden's age.

Biden, who is 80-years-old, and would be 86-years-old at the end of a second term in 2024, said in February that concerns about his age are "totally legitimate."

"But it’s legitimate for people to raise issues about my age."

"It’s totally legitimate to do that."

"And the only thing I can say is, watch me," Biden said.

Kennedy's challenge comes as Biden announced on Tuesday morning that he will seek another term as president, releasing his first campaign video for the 2024 cycle.

"When I ran for President four years ago, I said we are in a battle for the soul of America – and we still are."

"The question we are facing is whether in the years ahead we have more freedom or less freedom, more rights or fewer," said Biden in the campaign video.

"I know what I want the answer to be."

"This is not a time to be complacent."

"That’s why I’m running for reelection."

"I know America and I know we are good and decent people."

"I know we are still a country that believes in honesty and respect, and treating each other with dignity."

"We’re a nation where we give hate no safe harbor."

"We believe that everyone is equal, and that everyone should be given a fair shot to succeed in this country."

However, the challenge from Kennedy Jr. may fall flat as the Democratic National Committee has already said it has no plans to sponsor any primary debates, according to the Washington Post.

Marianne Williamson, who is also seeking the Democratic nomination for president, also challenged Biden to a debate in a tweet on Tuesday.

"With the fascists at the door, the last thing we should do is limit the conversation about how to defeat them."

"The assumption that Joe Biden is necessarily our best bet in 2024 should be vigorously challenged."

"He should face his primary challengers in a meaningful debate," Williamson said.

Fox News' Haley Chi-Sing contributed to this report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 9cc2&ei=58
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

The Daily Caller

"Just One Statistic Might Actually Sink Biden’s Entire Presidential Run"

Story by Sarah Weaver

28 APRIL 2023

A much dismissed presidential candidate could do a substantial amount of damage to President Joe Biden’s hopes for a second term, if you look at the stats.

While this candidate likely won’t win the nomination, or the presidency, he is in a unique position to be a thorn in the Biden campaign’s side.

Biden would do well not to comfort himself with the idea that just because Kennedy may not be able to win the general election, he can’t do substantial damage to his presidential bid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 26de&ei=18
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Biden lets American military info slip during live interview, sparking backlash"

Story by Matteo Cina

9 JULY 2023

President Biden sat down for a recent interview in which he said the United States is low on 155 mm artillery ammunition rounds, sparking outrage and questions of competency from conservatives on social media.

During the interview, which aired Sunday morning, Biden defended his administration for sending cluster munitions to Ukraine as a "transition period" until more munitions are produced.

"This is a war relating to munitions."

"And they’re running out of that ammunition, and we’re low on it," Biden told CNN's Fareed Zakaria.

"And so, what I finally did, I took the recommendation of the Defense Department to – not permanently – but to allow for this transition period while we get more 155 weapons, these shells, for the Ukrainians."

Reactions on social media ranged from confused to outrage as conservative pundits and experts alike wondered why Biden was announcing the U.S. shortage during a nationally televised interview that would be seen by adversaries.

"Love when the president of America goes on CNN to tell everyone we’re low on ammo," remarked political operative Logan Dobson.

"Joe Biden broadcasting to the world that the US is low on 155mm shells," conservative communicator Steve Guest tweeted.

"Moron."

"Does Biden not care that our adversaries in China are listening?"

"In CNN interview, President Biden is not particularly clear but seems to be saying US is sending cluster munitions to Ukraine because we are running out of 155mm artillery ammunition to send them," wrote Byron York of the Washington Examiner.

"Seems obvious this is affecting US readiness to defend itself."

A White House official appeared to walk back Biden's comment that the United States is running out of ammunition when asked to comment on criticism in response to Biden's interview on CNN.

"The military has specific requirements for the numbers of weapons systems and ammunition we maintain in our reserves in case of contingencies or military conflict," a White House official said in an email to Fox News Digital.

"Everything we send to Ukraine is in excess of that."

"So, the U.S. is not running out of ammunition ourselves."

"Joe Biden wasn't supposed to say the quiet part out loud: ‘We've run out of ammunition.’"

"But now that the cat's out of the bag, one must ask whether continued support of Ukraine's military is even feasible as the conflict rages on," political commentator Ian Miles Cheong remarked.

"The point of the proxy war was to weaken Russia," tech entrepreneur David Sacks tweeted.

"But the U.S. ran out of ammo first."

"So who’s weakening whom?"

Biden's opponent in the Democrat presidential race, Robert Kennedy Jr., slammed Biden on Twitter on Saturday after he gave his administration the green light to send cluster munitions to Ukraine.

"Last year, WH Press Secretary Jen Psaki called the use of cluster bombs a 'war crime.'"

"Now President Biden plans to send them to Ukraine."

"Stop the ceaseless escalation!"

"It is time for peace," Kennedy wrote in a tweet.

"Biden was opposed to cluster bombs in 1982 as well, when he opposed their sale to Israel," Kennedy, who entered the White House race in April, added in a separate tweet.

"What happened to his conscience?"

The White House official also defended the administration green-lighting cluster munitions for Ukraine, saying they wanted to make sure Ukraine is not "left defenseless."

"We are authorizing cluster munitions to ensure that Ukraine is not left defenseless while we wait for our own domestic production of ammunition to ramp up substantially, which we are in the process of doing as are our allies and partners," the official added.

"These cluster munitions are a bridge as we significantly increase production of ammunition over the coming months – and will have much higher production levels soon."

Fox News' Kyle Morris contributed to this report.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bi ... 7ef0&ei=12
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

The Stock Dork

"Democrats Attempt To Silence RFK Jr. During Censorship Hearing"

Story by Malik Graystone

23 JULY 2023

House Democrats made unsuccessful attempts to remove Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. from a hearing on federal government censorship, citing his alleged violation of House rules against defamatory or degrading testimony.

Kennedy, who is running for president against President Biden, was invited by Republicans to testify at the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government.

Allegations and Attempts to Silence

During the hearing, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz accused Kennedy of making “despicable” antisemitic and anti-Asian comments in the past, referring to his remark about COVID potentially being “ethnically targeted” due to certain ethnic groups’ apparent immunity.

Democrats attempted to halt the hearing and move to executive session to discuss these allegations, but their efforts were voted down due to the Republican majority in the committee.

Furthermore, Democrats tried to limit Kennedy’s speaking time, with Rep. Jim Jordan initially planning to give him 10 minutes.

Stacey Plaskett questioned the decision, arguing that witnesses typically receive five minutes.

Jordan ultimately allowed five minutes but criticized Democrats’ attempts to censor Kennedy’s speech.

Kennedy’s Response

In his opening remarks, Kennedy expressed concern about the Democrats’ efforts to censor his speech and his candidacy for the White House.

He highlighted how his speech announcing his presidential candidacy was censored on YouTube just five minutes in.

He emphasized that censorship goes against democratic principles and the First Amendment, designed to protect speech even when it is unpopular.

Kennedy also mentioned recent emails that revealed the Biden administration’s attempts to censor his comments about vaccines shortly after Biden took office.

He accused the government of coining the term “malinformation” to suppress inconvenient truths that they do not want the public to hear.

Conclusion

The attempt to silence Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. during the censorship hearing showcases the ongoing debate over free speech and government censorship.

Kennedy, a presidential candidate, expressed concerns about the efforts to suppress his views and highlighted the importance of protecting free expression, even if it challenges those in power.

As the discussion on censorship continues, it remains to be seen how this case may influence future policies and legislation surrounding free speech and government control.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3ee7&ei=84
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

Rare

"Joe Biden Lied About Being A Civil Rights Activist"

Story by Matt McBride

28 JULY 2023

Joe Biden has a known history of lying for political gain.

It’s why he was forced to drop out of his first run for president in 1988, because it was discovered that he had plagiarized large portions of a speech made by British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock.

But not just that one speech – Biden was found to have stolen material from speeches by Hubert Humphrey and John F. Kennedy.

Biden even stole from a 1967 speech made by Robert F. Kennedy, who is rather ironically the father of Biden’s main 2024 Democratic challenger, RFK, Jr.

Biden even failed a course in law school because he had “borrowed too heavily” from a Fordham Law Review paper.

So it’s no surprise that the man who said school desegregation would force his children “to grow up in a racial jungle,” and who also told black voters “you ain’t black” if they questioned whether or not to vote for him, would also lie about his participation in the Civil Rights Movement.

Biden himself can’t even get his lies straight.

In February 1987, Biden said in a speech, “When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program."

"I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes."

"And we changed attitudes.”

And Biden even admitted later that same year that he had lied: “I was not an activist…I was not out marching."

"I was not down in Selma."

"I was not anywhere else.”

But the lies kept coming, since 1983, in fact.

In 2007, Biden claimed to be “involved in the Civil Rights Movement.”

In 2014, Biden claimed he was a teenager in desegregating movie theaters and organized voter registration drives.

Again, in 2016 Biden claimed to be desegregating restaurants.

By 2017, he was participating in sit-ins.

And in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 it was more of the same.

Analysts believe that by the end of 2023, Joe Biden will have claimed to be Martin Luther King, Jr.

Democrats aren’t stupid.

They know Joe Biden is a virulent racist, and they know that they joyfully supported this racist while at the same time narcissistically congratulating themselves for how anti-racist they claim themselves to be.

In 60 years, the Democratic Party has gone from being the party of JFK (whose nephew Biden yesterday refused Secret Service protection), to being the party of self-absorbed narcissists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7bdc&ei=74
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

POLITICO

"RFK Jr. fumes at Biden administration over Secret Service protection"

Story by Kierra Frazier

28 JULY 2023

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s campaign slammed the Biden administration Friday alleging politics was behind the Democratic presidential candidate being denied Secret Service protection.

"Since the assassination of my father in 1968, candidates for president are provided Secret Service protection."

"But not me," RFK Jr. wrote in a tweet.

The Secret Service states on its website that "major presidential and vice presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election" are protected by the Secret Service.

After Democratic nominee Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1968, Congress changed the law to authorize Secret Service protection for major candidates.

Major presidential and vice presidential candidates are determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security after consultation with an advisory committee.

"The American people, no matter their politics, will find this decision shocking and repugnant," Kennedy campaign manager Dennis Kucinich said in a statement.

"This is obviously a political decision, not a legal one."

"As such, this is directly on President Biden."

"It is absolutely implausible that the President would try to claim that he was not consulted by his cabinet secretary on a matter as sensitive as this."

The Secret Service did not respond to a request for comment.

Former President Barack Obama received Secret Service protection in May 2007, an "unusually early step," The New York Times noted at the time.

Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul rejected Secret Service protection in 2012, calling it a "form of welfare."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7bdc&ei=96