WHERE I HAVE BEEN, AND WHY

thelivyjr
Site Admin

WHERE I HAVE BEEN, AND WHY

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 5, 2023

Paul Plante: Where I have been and Why

The following Op-Ed is written and submitted by Paul Plante.

Recently, I received an e-mail from the Cape Charles Mirror, checking in to see if I was still walking the planet after an absence of posting, which gesture on the part of the CCM to check in with me, an elderly disabled veteran who lives alone out in the countryside, was very much appreciated.

My response as to not posting was that there is so much bull**** being literally heaved at us from all directions at once by the Biden regime to cover over Joe’s cratering poll numbers, and the fact that Joe is actually trailing Trump in the polls, with Americans rating the economy under Trump as being far better than it is under Biden and his signature, eponymous Marxist economics scheme labeled “BIDE-O-NOMICS” ( see, CCM, August 13, 2023, “Op-Ed: On BIDE-O-NOMICS” http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/op-ed- … s/#respond ) that it has been impossible to sort it all out before the next barrage came raining down on our heads, so that I have been living in a continued state of disbelief and WTF as to what passes for “government” at the federal or national level in this country under BIDE-O-NISM, which is Joe’s Americanized version of Stalinism in the Soviet Union under Joe Stalin.

Consider, for example, a recent 1945 article 1945 by Tyler O’Neil, the managing editor of The Daily Signal, titled “The Insidious Way the Joe Biden Forces Staff to Preach DEI” on 30 October 2023, where we were informed as follows about how Joe is imposing BIDE-O-NISM on the American people through the agency of the federal government which Joe has dictatorial and autocratic control over through his executive orders, to wit:

Promoting the gospel of diversity, equity, and inclusion isn’t an extracurricular activity at the Department of Commerce — it’s an essential part of every employee’s job, according to a new memo obtained by The Daily Signal.

end quote

Now, if that is not a serious case of WTF, then what is?

And it is actually so bizarre that it is way beyond WTF over into the area of the extreme absurd, and to see how that is, let us go back to the article, as follows:

If the hard-nosed economists at Commerce don’t preach about institutional racism or display their preferred personal pronouns in their bios, they will face adverse action from their superiors.

end quotes

Display their preferred personal pronouns in their bios?

HUH?

Can this **** be for real?

But of course it is, as we see by going back for more, to wit:

The department is institutionalizing the Left’s ideology through its employee performance reviews.

According to the memorandum dated Oct. 16, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility activities are an essential part of every employee’s work at President Joe Biden’s Commerce Department, which is run by Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo.

“The inclusion of DEIA activities in a performance plan and critical element signifies that these duties are of such importance that acceptable performance in these activities are required for acceptable performance in the position,” the memo, available on the Commerce Department website, states.

https://www.commerce.gov/cr/programs-an … pport-deia

https://www.commerce.gov/hr/practitione … -inclusion

“The attached implementation guidance explains where and how the standardized DEIA language must be incorporated into performance plans.”

The document lists eight options for an employee’s “Supervisory Support Activity,” directing staff to “Select at least one support activity to be inserted as a credible measure and performed in correlation to the DEIA performance requirement.”

Half of the options for Commerce Department employees read like a list of requirements for a DEI convert to prove his devotion to a pseudo-religious cause.

Each of these requirements advances the Left’s intersectionality narrative: American history is a story about the oppressed and the oppressors, and therefore it is the government’s job to even out the scales.

Blacks, Hispanics, women, LGBTQ individuals, and others are “oppressed,” “marginalized,” or “underserved,” and therefore the government must prioritize them according to their skin color, sex, sexual orientation, or claimed gender identity.

This DEI agenda amounts to a pseudo-religious ideology, complete with a cast of heroes and villains, an original sin of oppression, and its own mantras, such as “Black Lives Matter!” and “Trans Women Are Women!”

When Commerce requires its employees to “lead or support an initiative to raise awareness and emphasize the value of” DEI, that often translates to “become an apologist for the narrative that America is institutionally racist, sexist, transphobic, and oppressive.”

Although diversity, equity, and inclusion sound like laudable goals, DEI training for employees forces the Left’s narrative time and time again.

Commerce’s requirements amount to a loyalty oath for employment, enforced by performance reviews.

Further down, the document presents “Performance Language Implementing Guidance” that appears to require all employees to accept the basic idea of gender ideology — that a person’s gender identity overrides his or her biological sex.

According to this document, employees must “participate in available DEIA training,” take part in employee resource groups, and “include preferred name and pronouns in your Microsoft Outlook employee email signatures and Microsoft Teams settings.”

Supervisors must ensure “subordinate employees’ use of correct names and pronouns, both written and verbally, to help foster a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.”

end quotes

So, yes, people, to say that I have been left speechless by this incredible bull**** is the height of understatement, indeed.

And once again, thanks to the Cape Charles Mirror for being here in its capacity as a GRAND PALLADIUM of our liberty by providing us a forum in which to discuss this absolute weirdness that is infecting our government at its highest level.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-867507
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: WHERE I HAVE BEEN, AND WHY

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 5, 2023 AT 4:23 PM

Don Green says:

Thanks for the update, Mr. Plante!

I had started to worry about your absence until you started posting last week.

Don’t go away again!

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 5, 2023 AT 11:04 PM

Paul Plante says:

In all truth, Mr. Green, I am finding myself more and more incredulous (unwilling or unable to believe something) and disbelieving as the days go by, as to what passes for “government” in this country today at all levels, which sense of disbelief has rendered me nearly speechless these days, as how can someone, anyone, for that matter, rationally analyze the irrationality that assails us on all fronts today here in this sorry excuse for America.

In his Fabius IV political essay 235 years ago on May 19, 1788, John Dickinson, a man trained by scholars who used his knowledge to think for himself, something we no longer have in this country, and who was known as “The Penman of the Revolution” because he was able to put on paper the thoughts and ideals which formed the foundation for our brand new country, stated that as American citizens, which I no longer think we are, for many reasons, it is OUR collective DUTY to watch, with the eyes of a hawk as I was taught when young, and OUR RIGHT to take care that OUR Constitution be preserved, or in the Roman phrase on perilous occasions — to provide that the Republic receive no damage.

Except we no longer have a Republic.

The Republic as I once knew it is dead and gone, not to return in our lifetimes, such as what are left of them.

Consider Nancy Pelosi on that very subject in an article in The Messenger titled “Pelosi Blasts No Labels: ‘I Can No Longer Remain Silent’” by Kayla Gallagher on 4 November 2023, to wit:

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., says she “can no longer remain silent” about her concerns with the group No Labels making a potential presidential bid.

“No Labels is perilous to our democracy,” Pelosi told reporters at a breakfast event with Third Way, a Democratic-centrist group.

“When they jeopardize the reelection of Joe Biden as president of the United States, I can no longer remain silent on that,” she said.

end quotes

Think about what she is saying there about how she can no longer remain silent on the fact that she considers No Labels to be perilous to our “democracy,” not our Republic, because they, in her words and her view, jeopardize the reelection of Joe Biden as president of the United States, keeping in mind that she is one of the most powerful politicians in this country, while I am among the most powerless, and were it not for the beneficence (the quality or state of doing or producing good) of the Cape Charles Mirror, I would be absolutely powerless, period.

In her opinion, and consider that her statement about No Labels being in her words perilous to our “democracy” because they jeopardize the reelection of Joe Biden as president of the United States, was NEVER challenged by anyone, even in that very article, ONLY Joe Biden can be the president.

As an American citizen, at least in my mind, I find that to be an extremely dangerous statement and position for her to take, but in this version of America which exists today, HO HUM, BIG DEAL, WHO CARES, because that is the natural order of things and the way things should be, that we should be ruled by an autocratic dictator, because that is really what “democracy” means – ONE MAN RULE.

I started my blogging career as an American citizen on the former John Kerry forum in 2004, which I thought at the time, however naively, revolutionized communications between ordinary citizens in America in ways unseen or likely unheard of since the Forum of Rome in the Republic of Rome.

What I observed during my stint with that forum was the fact that even then, at least in that forum, intellectual liberty, which is to say our right to both seek and receive information from all points of view without restriction, which liberty provides for free access to all expressions of ideas through which any and all sides of a question, cause or movement may be explored, did not exist because those who were the “moderators” did not allow any criticism whatsoever, however valid, of John Kerry as a presidential candidate.

Any contrary comments were quickly removed by the “mods,” with the offending party who posted them being banned from further participation in the discussion.

From there, I went to a forum called CommonGroundCommonSense, where there was no common sense present that I could see, while so-called common ground was determined by the same “mods” who came over from the John Kerry forum.

That was during the time that Hussein Obama was first running for president, and as was the case with John Kerry, that forum became a Hussein Obama site where no criticism of Hussein was allowed, contrary to a 1919 opinion of United States Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis wherein was stated that suppression of ideas worked a great hardship on society, which happens to be all of us in America, regardless of race, color, creed or national origin.

Another well-respected Supreme Court Justice at that time named Oliver Wendell Holmes rested his First Amendment views on what he called the “marketplace of ideas,” reasoning that because we cannot know immediately which ideas are good and true and useful and which are not, we must let them vie against one another in the faith that after full exposure and discussion, the truth will win out, which has the motive behind my blogging efforts and posting in here over the years I have been associated with this publication, which is unlike any other in America that I am aware of.

Supreme Court Justice Brandeis saw free speech as an essential aspect of citizenship in America, and according to his view, men and women in America both had the duty to be good citizens, which means being informed on the issues confronting us.

Mused the Justice, how can individuals make intelligent decisions about those issues without having basic information about them?

How can citizens, which means all of us, judge which side has the better argument unless we can hear both sides of an argument and then join in the debate with facts?

Justice Brandeis thus provided a positive justification for protection of speech, that being the necessity for the citizenry, which happens to be all of us here in the United States of America, to be fully informed about issues and to be aware of all viewpoints.

But as Nancy Pelosi was making incandescently clear in that Messenger article on 4 November 2023, in her America today, and it is far more hers than ours, that is no longer the case, and no one seems to care!

So at that point, and there is where I see us, what is the sense of speaking out anymore?

People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

In a recent TWEET on mindless TWITTER by Joe Biden, he stated as follows:

“There is truth and there are lies.”

“Lies told for power and for profit.”

“And each of us has a duty and responsibility, as citizens, as Americans, and especially as leaders – leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation — to defend the truth and to defeat the lies.”

end quotes

When it is Joe Biden himself who is telling us all those lies, and they have been coming fast and furiously these last so many weeks, it has become nearly impossible, if not totally impossible, to do that – defend the truth and to defeat the lies.

Hence my silence in here these last so many weeks!

THANKS FOR CARING!

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 6, 2023 AT 10:15 PM

Paul Plante says:

So where are we, people?

Oh, right!

The MIGRANT CRISIS.

But seriously people, is it really?

Or is it something that is happening BY INTENT on the part of the Democrats for political purposes, and because the Democrats see it as a way to make some coin by following the admonition of Rahm Emanuel, Chief of Staff for Hussein Obama when Joe Biden was vice-president that “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste and what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before?”

First of all, the political exploitation of immigrants by the Democrats is a very well known tactic that goes back in time to the Democrat’s Tammany Hall days in New York City under the corrupt “BOSS” Tweed, a subject that used to be taught in high school history classes.

Consider the Britannica article on the subject titled “Tammany Hall
American political history” last Updated on September 15, 2023 where we learn as follows, to wit:

Tammany Hall, also called Tammany, the executive committee of the Democratic Party in New York City historically exercising political control through the typical “boss-ist” blend of charity and patronage.

In 1805 the Society of St. Tammany obtained from the state legislature a charter of incorporation as a benevolent and charitable body to give relief to members and others.

Politically, the Democratic Party was organized as an apparently distinct body, but the society’s sachems controlled the political mechanism and prevented hostile factions from meeting in the society’s building, Tammany Hall.

In the 1830s the pressures exerted by the Workingmen’s Party and its successor, the Equal Rights Party, forced the general committee of the Democratic Party to oust the banking and merchant leaders.

The election of a grand sachem, Martin Van Buren, as president of the United States in 1836 added to Tammany’s prestige.

Within a few years, however, the immigrant groups, organized into gangs, came under the control of the astute, unscrupulous, and engaging Fernando Wood, several times mayor of New York, who used them to break with and later control Tammany.

Grand Sachem “Boss” William M. Tweed initiated complete boss domination of the Hall in 1868.

Corruption reached a climax under Tweed, when New York City was plundered of more than $200 million.

Tweed died in jail, but most of his confederates retained their wealth.

Throughout the world, Tammany became synonymous with corruption and was the subject of some of Thomas Nast’s most effective cartoons.

And as Wikipedia informs us with respect to exploiting immigrants for political gain, Tammany Hall served as a social integrator for immigrants by familiarizing them with American society and its political institutions and by helping them become naturalized citizens with one example being the naturalization process organized by William M. Tweed, where under Tweed’s regime, “naturalization committees” were established.

These committees were made up primarily of Tammany politicians and employees, and their duties consisted of filling out paperwork, providing witnesses, and lending immigrants money for the fees required to become citizens.

In true Democrat fashion, judges and other city officials were bribed and otherwise compelled to go along with the workings of these committees, and in exchange for all these benefits, immigrants assured Tammany Hall they would vote for their candidates, so that by 1854, the support Tammany Hall received from immigrants would firmly establish the organization as the leader of New York City’s political scene.

So there we have the political template being followed by the Democrats today, albeit it on a national scale.

But these immigrants are also seen as a money maker for the Democrats, as well.

Think I’m kidding, people?

Not a joke!

And for some proof of that assertion, let us simply go to an Albany Times Union article by Joshua Solomon on October 30, 2023 titled “DocGo faces class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of jilted investors” where we learn as follows on that subject, to wit:

ALBANY — Investors have filed a class-action lawsuit against DocGo after the mobile health care company’s stock tumbled following reports of government investigations into its handling of a $432 million migrant services contract and the resignation of its CEO, which was prompted by an admission he lied about his professional biography.

end quote

Yes, people, INVESTORS, which means rent seekers seeking to make some money off this MIGRANT CRISIS they themselves created to exploit.

And what a truly murky and sordid story this is, as can be expected of the Democrats, which takes us back for more, to wit:

The lawsuit alleges DocGo’s top officials engaged in a fraudulent scheme and a “reckless disregard for the truth,” which artificially inflated the publicly traded company’s value.

A spokesman for DocGo did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit.

The plaintiffs, investors in the company from November 2022 to September, are seeking to recoup their financial losses on DocGo’s stock.

The lawsuit details news reports that coincided with the company’s declining value, with its most substantial loss following a Times Union story revealing that the company’s CEO, Anthony Capone, falsified his professional biography and repeatedly lied about details on his resume.

Following the newspaper’s report, Capone resigned.

The complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of New York on Friday.

Capone took over as CEO on Nov. 8, 2022 and resigned on Sept. 15.

He stepped down after New York City Comptroller Brad Lander announced his office would conduct an atypical “real-time audit” of the company’s $432 million contract.

As the controversies mounted, DocGo’s stock fell by more than a third of its value, or more than $3 per share.

The contract with New York City’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development has led to DocGo overseeing the care of thousands of migrants, about half of whom are scattered throughout hotels upstate.

DocGo is required to provide housing, casework, food, access to medical care, security and other services typically offered at a homeless shelter.

New York City is required by a 1981 consent decree to provide shelter to anyone in the city in need of those services.

The lawsuit was filed by the law firms Pomertantz LLP, of Manhattan, and Portnoy Law Firm, of California.

Both firms previously issued news releases announcing they were investigating filing a class-action lawsuit on behalf of what they said were investors wronged by DocGo.

The lead plaintiff is Joe Naclerio, who possessed 500 shares of DocGo that were purchased between November 2022 and March.

The lawsuit alleges there may be hundreds of thousands of other investors who have been financially harmed and would qualify to have their interests represented in the class-action case.

The lawsuit alleges DocGo senior leadership had “knowledge of the details of DocGo’s internal affairs.”

The defendants had “both the motive and opportunity to commit fraud,” according to the complaint.

“They also had actual knowledge of the misleading nature of the statements they made, or acted in reckless disregard of the true information known to them at the time,” the lawsuit alleges.

Last month, the Times Union reported that the company’s CEO had not attended the graduate university he stated he went to or earned a master’s degree, as he told investors.

The institution where he previously said he earned his undergraduate degree also could not confirm he graduated from there, although Capone said he does have a degree from an accredited university.

Capone told investors at an August conference about his alleged graduate degree in artificial intelligence when discussing his prior role as the company’s chief technology officer.

He had touted how DocGo’s artificial intelligence technology set it apart from its peers.

“I’ve been with the company since pretty much the beginning,” Capone said at the Aug. 9 conference.

“But the most important thing to understand is why all of that works — why we can scale so rapidly, 30, 40 percent growth year-over-year, why we can deliver care to some of the most difficult, challenged populations, why we can do so with a high degrees of efficiency and generating good returns for the investors that have taken risks on DocGo is because of our technology.”

“And that’s where I really came in originally,” Capone continued.

“We started the company” I was our chief technology officer.”

“My graduate degree is in computational learning theory, which is a subset of artificial intelligence.”

Capone’s comments at the conference included other misrepresentations, which the newspaper previously reported.

Despite his assertion the company was bidding for a $4 billion contract for medical services at the southern border, multiple sources familiar with the contract, including a spokeswoman for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the contract was for about half of that value.

A spokesman for the company contended the contract was worth $4 billion but refused to provide evidence to support that claim.

“These are facts,” spokesman Michael Padovano had said, but added he was not “at liberty” to share further information.

Capone also described a health insurance plan in which “we have already signed up over 3,000 asylum seekers onto New York state Medicaid through UnitedHealthcare.”

Padovano said the company does not enroll anyone onto health insurance.

After the newspaper reported his falsified professional biography — misrepresenations that were on the company’s website, a resume Capone attached to a COVID-19 services procurement document with New Jersey and in a filing with the U.S. Security Exchange Commission — DocGo announced that he had stepped down and would be replaced as CEO.

Capone has since been brought back to work at the company through March as a consultant for about $225,000, according to a public filing by the company earlier this month.

end quotes

Yes, people, America – the land of never-ending investor scams, but this story of making money off of immigrants continues, so please, stay tuned for more is yet to come!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-868214
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 7, 2023 AT 10:17 PM

Paul Plante says:

So, as we consider this Docgo fiasco, or perhaps more appropriately, investment scam, here is a question with respect to these illegal immigrants being allowed into our country by Joe Biden as an investment opportunity, to wit:

WHAT IS AN INVESTOR?

And that answer is a person or organization that puts money into financial plans, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit.

And a profit, of course, is defined as obtaining a financial advantage or benefit, especially from an investment.

So we have people investing in Docgo with the expectation of making money off the deal.

But what is the “deal” they are going to make money off of?

And here is where it gets really murky.

To understand what is going on here, we have to understand that these people here in our country illegally are entitled to free housing and free food, and of course, somebody has to provide that free shelter and free food, and that is where the profits are going to come from.

Now, finding out all the details is difficult here, because last spring, NYC officials raised eyebrows when they declared a state of emergency and awarded DocGo a $432 million no-bid contract to house migrants and provide them with services including case management, medical care, food, transportation, lodging and round-the-clock security.

And two years ago, on November 8, 2021, DocGo’s common stock and warrants began trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbols “DCGO” and “DCGOW”, respectively, which means that Docgo is a for-profit company.

And who caused the “emergency” that required NYC to award a for-profit company a $432 million no-bid contract to house migrants and provide them with services including case management, medical care, food, transportation, lodging and round-the-clock security?

Why, that would be Joe Biden, of course.

Stay tuned.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-868633
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 8, 2023 AT 7:24 PM

Paul Plante says:

Think I’m kidding, people, about there being HUGE COIN to be made thanks to this MIGRANT CRISIS created by Joe Biden and the Democrats?

Not a joke!

And for some proof of that assertion, let us go to an Albany, New York Times Union by Joshua Solomon on September 1, 2023 titled “DocGo in the running for $4 billion contract for migrant services – DocGo CEO says NYC migrant work helps the company’s multi-billion dollar bid for U.S. Customs and Border Patrol contract,” where we have more on that story, as follows, keeping in mind that Docgo’s migrant work in NY was as the result of a no-bid contract worked out in typical Democrat fashion in a smoke-filled backroom somewhere in the bowels of NYC, to wit:

ALBANY — DocGo CEO Anthony Capone is seeking to turn a $432 million migrant shelter contract with New York City into a $4 billion contract with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to provide health care for those crossing the border.

And as part of the work, Capone said his publicly traded company is signing up migrants in its care for Medicaid plans.

Becoming their primary care provider, he said, can yield monthly member reimbursement for the company.

Capone detailed how his for-profit company stands to benefit financially from the shelter contract during a one-on-one interview last month at the Canaccord Genuity 43rd annual growth conference, which is held by an investment banking and financial services company.

“We did this, in large part, because it gave us all of the credibility to win the Border Patrol” contract, Capone said.

“Now that we are one of the largest care providers for asylum seekers in the country, it gives us enormous credibility.”

“And we have references from the city who handles the largest amount.”

Capone expects the federal contract to be awarded this month.

The five-year contract is for providing medical services at the southern border.

DocGo recently submitted its application, Capone said, after working on it for about eight months.

The federal government previously awarded the contract, but a company formally protested the award, restarting the bid process and, as a byproduct, giving DocGo a second chance with the New York City migrant work to cite at the top of its resume.

“We have all this expectation now,” Capone said.

“Our application is a lot stronger.”

The comments from Capone came as DocGo has faced intense public scrutiny over its New York City migrant shelter contract.

Gov. Kathy Hochul has been skeptical of the company’s handling of the migrant services, which has included busing thousands of migrants upstate and putting them in hotels.

The office of Attorney General Letitia James launched an investigation related to the DocGo contract, which includes an order to the company to cease any limits on the free movement or speech of the migrants in its care.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams, after initial reports that called into question DocGo’s work, said while the city will “scrutinize them,” he has confidence in the company that has done a “herculean job.”

“City officials are well-aware of this program’s success as exemplified last week when Mayor Adams reiterated his confidence in our partnership during a press conference where he praised our work, describing it as a herculean effort to help the city with this humanitarian crisis,” Capone said during an investor call on Aug. 7, in which the company reported record earnings over the last financial quarter.

Two days later, Capone sat down for a 25-minute interview at the Canaccord Genuity conference, where he explained the company’s business plan with the migrant crisis.

Asked whether the company expects a dip in revenue after its $432 million contract with New York City expires, Capone said he had a “high degree of confidence” it will stay strong.

“Just look the macro factors here,” he said, pointing to the political gridlock around the southern border.

“There’s almost no chance that there’s going to be federal legislation which solves this problem,” Capone said.

“Almost none.”

“All you have to do is understand the dilemmas with each one of the solutions and know that it will not happen.”

“It’s certainly not happening before the next election cycle.”

“But I doubt it will happen ever.”

end quotes

Which means the cash flow generated by Joe Biden’s intentional MIGRANT CRISIS is guaranteed to go on forever, and meanwhile, with respect to who is really putting the money in the pockets of these investors, we learn from an article in The Hill titled “White House says assistance to New York for migrant influx depends on Congress” by Nick Robertson on 08/26/23 that as of that date, Joe Biden, the creator of this MIGRANT CRISIS politically-connected Docgo is cashing in on, that we, the American people have already sent $140 million in federal funds to New York City assist migrants, the largest amount for any city not on the U.S.-Mexico border, to make sure that these illegals have better treatment than an American citizen, with respect to free housing, free food and free medical care.

And such is considered “EQUITY” today in the America of Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior!

But please stay tuned, because there is more, much more, yet to come.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-868999
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 9, 2023 AT 9:18 PM

Paul Plante says:

I don’t know about anybody else either in here, or out there, but as an older American with knowledge of this country’s history from its earliest days to the present, as well as the history of other civilizations back through history, including of course, the Romans, and the Greeks, and the Chinese, I can’t believe how far down this nation has come in terms of intelligence and knowledge in my lifetime of a little over three quarters of a century, to the point of where nothing anymore transpiring in this sick and sorry nation with all of it many crises and national security issues makes sense to me, and this present incumbent reminds me of that point in Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged,” itself a story of a society in the same state of decline as is now going on in America when the incompetent Mr. Thompson was the chief executive of that fictional version of America which so resembles this actual version of America today.

And since we are dealing with Joe Biden’s self-created MIGRANT CRISIS, let’s consider these following words in a TWEET on mindless TWITTER by Democrat big dog Charley “Chuck” Schumer @SenSchumer, to wit:

The Acting Head of the Border Patrol @CBP just confirmed to me that the vast majority of migrants coming to the United States are NOT criminals.

These are human beings fleeing danger.

They deserve to be treated humanely and with respect.

end quotes

Human beings, people?

My goodness, but aren’t we all?

And that TWEET by Charley “Chuck” in turn brings us to an article in the Albany, New York Times Union by Joshua Solomon on October 4, 2023 titled “Colonie police arrest numerous migrants at shelter hotel – Charges range from assault to robbery as a series of incidents, including knife fight and alleged rape, unfold at migrant hotel,” where we learn about these migrants that the Acting Head of the Border Patrol @CBP had confirmed to Charley “Chuck” were NOT criminals, but ordinary human beings instead, as if human beings could not be criminals of any kind, which is ridiculous thought, because every criminal is in fact a human being, to wit:

COLONIE — Colonie police have made a series of arrests in the past week at a Wolf Road hotel where more than 100 migrants have been staying since May.

The charges have ranged from misdemeanor assault to felony assault and rape allegedly committed by a non-citizen who was working at the hotel but not staying there under the migrant sheltering program.

Another arrest was made off-site when a Venezuelan migrant staying at the hotel was charged with assault and robbery after allegedly attacking employees at a nearby mobile wireless service store where he was accused of smashing items and forcibly taking money from the cash register.

That person also had been arrested twice in New York City over the summer for charges of assault and forgery, before being transported to the Colonie hotel as part of New York City’s migrant relocation program, police said.

end quotes

This, people, is so DEMOCRAT, so Joe Biden, and so Charley “CHUCK” Schumer – just some ordinary human beings here, people, nothing to be concerned about, because these are not criminals, they are human beings fleeing danger and so they deserve to be treated humanely and with respect, even if we who are their victims are not in return treated with respect by them.

Going back to that story of Joe Biden’s beloved migrants, we have more as follows, to wit:

Deputy Police Chief Robert H. Winn said another incident over the weekend resulted in the arrest of two migrants on assault and weapons possession charges when they allegedly brandished knives during a fight that broke out during a party.

On Thursday, another Venezuelan migrant was charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly striking his girlfriend with a set of keys, according to police.

In the rape case, the suspect is accused of entering the room of a hotel patron and sexually assaulting her.

About 2,000 migrants are staying at hotels across upstate New York under the oversight of DocGo, a publicly traded health care company that was awarded a $432 million no-bid contract by New York City for the services.

The company has faced intense public scrutiny for its taxpayer-funded care of migrants, criticism which officials there reject.

Migrants were bused to the Albany area after initially going through an intake process in New York City, which has had a right-to-shelter consent decree with the Legal Aid Society since 1981.

Migrants are housed by the city while they are effectively homeless, as they are unable to work lawful jobs while they await to potentially seek asylum.

New York City officials did not initially respond to a request for comment about whether it was notified of any incidents involving police this past week.

DocGo is contractually required to immediately notify the city of any incidents involving law enforcement, including providing a detailed description of the incident and a follow-up plan.

“The spate of crimes reported in the Times Union are troubling and shine a light on how unfeasible it is to drop migrants who can’t legally work or drive at suburban hotels far from needed support services,” state Sen. Jake Ashby, R-Castleton, said in a statement.

Ashby, whose district includes the SureStay hotel, renewed his push for a special legislative session that his fellow Republicans want.

The town had previously filed code violations against the Wolf Road hotel where busloads of migrants from New York City had been dropped off since late May, prompting an unrelated legal battle in state Supreme Court between Colonie officials and Mayor Eric Adams’ administration.

Court records indicate two code violations were served over the summer on Amandeep Dhillon, whose family owns the SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western at 200 Wolf Road, where dozens of migrants have been living since Memorial Day weekend.

Additional busloads of migrants from New York City arrived there on Thursday and late Sunday; there are now more than 100 migrants staying at the hotel, including at least 50 children, according to town officials.

The SureStay’s operators are accused of violating a town ordinance that prohibits guests from staying in a hotel for more than 28 consecutive days.

A second violation filed in Town Court accuses hotel officials of refusing to allow Deputy Police Chief Robert H. Winn to review the guest registry when he went there June 30.

The 28-day lodging limit and the ability of town police or building department officials to review hotel registries were both enacted in town ordinances adopted about seven years ago.

Dhillon previously declined to comment and referred comment to his attorney, Todd E. Soloway, who did not respond to a request for comment.

The court records in the code violations’ case, which has a return date of September, indicate Winn was assured several months ago by Anthony Capone, the former chief executive officer of DocGo, a company hired by New York City to help facilitate the transportation and lodging of thousands of migrants, that the first group at the SureStay hotel would not remain there for more than 27 days.

An affidavit attributed to Winn in Town Court says his conversation with Capone took place May 27, the same day that Winn told the general manager of the hotel about the town’s 28-day lodging limit.

In June, Winn said he had visited the hotel periodically and “personally observed security guards associated with DocGo and other individuals residing at SureStay, indicating the ongoing presence of (the) same individuals at the SureStay for more than 28 consecutive days.”

Capone resigned from DocGo last month following a Times Union story that reported he had lied about his professional biography.

The newspaper also reported that Capone misrepresented information about the company’s business plan to investors.

On June 19, according to Winn’s affidavit, he said the hotel manager told him it’s “in the hands of counsel for the hotel” when the deputy chief called him and reminded him of the town’s occupancy rules.

Winn said that on June 30 the hotel declined to provide him with a copy of its guest registry.

In an interview, he said that attorneys for the hotel’s operators told him they would not provide that list unless he had a search warrant.

The standoff between the town and the Wolf Road hotel is unfolding as Colonie is also involved in litigation in which multiple counties have filed lawsuits or issued executive orders seeking to block New York City from relocating migrants in their communities without ample notification and coordination.

The crisis in New York City has continued and multiple cities across the U.S. are seeing a similar influx as record levels of migrants continue to cross the southern border.

New York City’s attorneys have also accused the local communities of citing a false narrative that they are being burdened by the presence of the migrants.

The city, and the state of New York with the assistance of federal aid, have been assuming the fiscal responsibility for the migrants’ lodging, transportation and food.

end quotes

Yes, people, we, the AMERICAN PEOPLE who are federal taxpayers, or taxpayers in New York state, and who have to provide for ourselves with respect to food and lodging, are the ones paying the freight for this FIASCO created by Joe Biden and his pack of Democrats.

But people, sleep sound tonight knowing that that is how EQUITY works in Jor Biden’s America today – from those who have to those who want what the others have and have Joe Biden there to get it for them.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-869673
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 10, 2023 AT 7:08 PM

Paul Plante says:

And talk about outright contempt for law and order and the public’s safety by Joe Biden and his pack of Democrats who are spitting in our eyes with this MIGRANT CRISIS they created so as to have yet another CRISIS they can now milk for all it is worth as they ship these migrants they let in to the country around like cattle, let us go back for the moment to the article in the Albany, New York Times Union by Joshua Solomon on October 4, 2023 titled “Colonie police arrest numerous migrants at shelter hotel – Charges range from assault to robbery as a series of incidents, including knife fight and alleged rape, unfold at migrant hotel,” where we have as follows concerning these migrants that the Acting Head of the Border Patrol @CBP had confirmed to Charley “Chuck” were NOT criminals, but ordinary human beings instead, to wit:

Another arrest was made off-site when a Venezuelan migrant staying at the hotel was charged with assault and robbery after allegedly attacking employees at a nearby mobile wireless service store where he was accused of smashing items and forcibly taking money from the cash register.

That person also had been arrested twice in New York City over the summer for charges of assault and forgery, before being transported to the Colonie hotel as part of New York City’s migrant relocation program, police said.

end quotes

That, people, is frankly incredible and totally irresponsible, which two words serve to describe the totality of the federal government today under Joe Biden and the Democrats – NOT WORTH A DAMN!

SO YES, PEOPLE, LET’S SHIP THESE CRIMINALS AROUND IN OUR COUNTRY AND STICK THEM IN OUR COMMUNITIES SO THEY CAN COMMIT THEIR CRIMES AND DO HARM TO US WHO HAVE THE ADDED INDIGNITY OF HAVING TO PAY FOR THESE CRIMINAL’S FOOD AND SHELTER WHILE JOE BIDEN LETS THEM RUN FREE TO COMMIT THEIR CRIMES INSTEAD OF INCARCERATING THEM BECAUSE TO JOE BIDEN, CHARLEY “CHUCK” SCHUMER AND THE DEMOCRATS, THEY ARE SPECIAL, AND DESERVING OF ALL OUR LOVE AND AFFECTION BECAUSE UNLIKE US AMERICAN CITIZENS, THESE CRIMINALS ARE HONEST-TO-GOSH HUMAN BEINGS!

And thanks to the United States Supreme Court, it has now been proven conclusively that feeding off the taxpayers is not a federal offense, while at the same time, we, the American people, have no right to expect honest services from our public servants, which means there is no bar to public servants at the federal or state level giving us dishonest services instead, given that bribes are really the grease that keeps the machinery of government running smoothly, which takes us to an article in the Albany, New York Times Union by Joshua Solomon on October 7, 2023 titled “DocGo often billing twice what it’s paid for staff in NYC migrant contract –
Publicly traded health care company stands to profit off crisis under $432M contract,” where we learn about how this DocGo really makes it money off these migrants while if feeds off the federal taxpayers thanks to Joe Biden, to wit:

ALBANY — A security company posted an ad with Craigslist in search of a “dedicated and vigilant” credentialed security officer, who will “play a crucial role in maintaining a safe and secure environment for our clients and their properties.”

The top benefit?

A “competitive salary” of $22.20 per hour working for the Bronx-based A&H Security Services.

Anyone who secured an interview could potentially land a job patrolling hotels where migrants have been sheltering for months under the oversight of DocGo — the publicly traded company that secured a no-bid $432 million contract with New York City in May.

The catch?

DocGo can bill New York City $50 an hour for security guards, according to a copy of the contract obtained by the Times Union through a Freedom of Information Law request.

The low wages and high billing rate is part of a pattern for DocGo under its contract with New York City to oversee thousands of migrants upstate and in the New York City area.

DocGo often bills the city twice what it pays employees, according to a review of job postings as well as interviews with both current and former employees and immigration advocates familiar with the company’s work.

The discrepancies raise additional questions about whether the city, and by extension the state, are getting a good value for taxpayers at a time when budget officials have called for either cuts or freezes in future spending — as a result of extraordinary public expenditures resulting from the immigration crisis.

end quotes

HUH?

The discrepancies raise additional questions about whether the city, and by extension the state, are getting a good value for taxpayers at a time when budget officials have called for either cuts or freezes in future spending as a result of extraordinary public expenditures resulting from the immigration crisis?

Are these people crazy?

Are they insane?

NO, THEY ARE NOT GETTING A GOOD DEAL FOR TAXPAYERS, NOR DO THEY GIVE A DAMN, FOR THE TAXPAYERS ARE THERE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GETTING FLEECED IN ORDER TO PUT PROFITS INTO THE POCKETS OF THE INVESTORS INTO DOCGO, SO THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

Going back to the story, it continues as follows, and again, keep in mind that we are talking about a no-bid, sweetheart political deal here, to wit:

Government contracts with nonprofits do not typically involve a 100 percent markup for services, even when accounting for insurance and other additional costs.

But DocGo is a not a nonprofit, even though it’s doing the type of work normally handled by that sector.

If the contract was competitively bid, and not awarded on an emergency basis, the markup for services would be heavily scrutinized by a comptroller, said John Kaehny, executive director of Reinvent Albany, a good government group.

Kaehny, who previously specialized in contract procurement, lamented about the dynamic in place instead, which has proliferated since the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Both the governor and the mayor still have extensive powers to enter into contracts without basically any review,” Kaehny said.

“And DocGo is a classic example of why that’s a bad thing.”

Mike Garcia, with A&H Security Services, declined to comment on Friday.

Typically, companies contracted to work with DocGo agree not to speak negatively about the company as a condition of being their subcontractor.

A DocGo spokesman, Michael Padovano, described the analysis as “overly simplistic” and said it “does not accurately reflect the services being provided throughout New York.”

“It does not address the myriad of complexities associated with an effort of this size and scale — from overhead costs, technology systems and rapid deployment expenses to the nuances of regional market rates and the assumption of risk for future uncertainties,” said Padovano, who is contracted by DocGo and works for the public relations firm 5WPR.

Padovano said that the rates “reflect reflect both the operational demands and unique challenges of this ongoing humanitarian crisis, including the urgency, scale, and continuous 24/7/365 service delivery.”

The DocGo spokesman did not dispute the pay rates for employees.

DocGo is hiring a field supervisor in Schenectady for $25 to $28 an hour, which is far less than the $83 an hour it can bill under its contract for supervisors.

DocGo’s subsidiary, Rapid Reliable Testing, was hiring a licensed practical nurse for $37 an hour in Albany, when it can bill for $90 an hour.

Caseworkers working for a subcontractor, Platinum Community Care, are making between $24 and $28 an hour, according to a person familiar with the matter; DocGo can bill $75 an hour for caseworkers.

Officials with New York City did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

City officials previously defended the rate being paid to DocGo for hotel rooms — $170 per night.

end quotes

Yes, people, that’s the way you do it here in Joe Biden’s brave new world where we have homeless veterans Joe Biden doesn’t give a damn about living on the street, you feed off the taxpayers, because, hey, that’s the reason they exist, as sheep to be sheared!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-870179
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 11, 2023 AT 11:00 PM

Paul Plante says:

So how are these migrants Charley “CHUCK” Schumer calls human beings, as if we born here American citizens are something else other than human beings, who the Biden administration is shipping around the country at taxpayer expense like cattle really being treated for the exorbitant money being paid to investors that we are being charged to treat them?

For a glimpse at that answer, let’s go to an Albany, New York Times Union article by Maria M. Silva and Steve Hughes on October 24, 2023 titled “Migrants decry poor conditions at Rotterdam Super 8 motel” where we learn as follows from the perspective of the migrants the Biden administration treats like cattle, to wit:

ROTTERDAM — A group of at least 20 asylum-seekers staying at a Super 8 motel in Rotterdam protested outside the building Monday evening over their mounting frustrations with their treatment.

The migrants said they are frustrated with delays in processing their immigration paperwork and described poor conditions at the motel, including allegations of bed bugs, a lack of heating, water or medical assistance.

The group spoke to two Times Union reporters in Spanish as they stood along Carman Road holding signs written in English laying out some of their complaints.

“There are people inside the hotel who are afraid because the woman in charge, the director of the hotel is threatening us that if we go out, they’re kicking us out of the program,” one of the migrants said.

All of the migrants at the protest who spoke with the Times Union asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation from employees of DocGo, the company that New York City contracted with to oversee the massive influx of arrivals in the city.

end quotes

Yes, people, this is the humane treatment for these people we are paying for, at top dollar that the Biden administration is providing for them, but let’s go back for more, to wit:

Among the migrants are Venezuelans and Colombian nationals.

Some of the migrants who spoke on Monday said they are frustrated with the lack of information about their cases and the workers at the hotel who are supposed to be helping them.

“Honestly, what we want is to work so we can be independent and give our children a good future,” one woman said.

“We really need an ID, paperwork, something that identifies us.”

“We are in a lot of need.”

end quotes

Aren’t there a bunch of actual Americans in a lot of need, as well?

Going back for more, we have, to wit:

Some of the complaints mirror those voiced by migrants at other area hotels overseen by DocGo.

Last month, New York City officials said DocGo was “refining” its operations.

The state attorney general’s office previously told DocGo to cease any limitations on the freedom of movement or speech of migrants under its care.

DocGo has severed ties with two security companies it had employed but were found by the state Department of State to not be properly licensed.

end quotes

What a slipshod operation this is, which is the HALLMARK of anything and everything Joe Biden gets his hands on or gets involved with, which again takes us back to that story, to wit:

Early this month, the Times Union reported that a longtime immigration attorney, who is representing at least eight migrants in the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Albany, said staff at the DocGo-run shelter sought to deny the ability of his clients to be represented by outside counsel for their work authorization application.

DocGo did not respond Tuesday to requests for comment on concerns at the Rotterdam Super 8.

The migrants arrived at the Rotterdam motel in July, two months after New York City began sending hundreds of migrants upstate.

It is one of the motels in the Capital Region hosting migrant children, with more than five dozen enrolling in the Mohonasen school district.

The other migrants are housed in motels in Colonie and Albany.

The protesters said many of their complaints are about the lack of care the children are receiving.

Many of them are sick and their parents are frustrated that they can’t work to earn money to buy basic medical care.

About a half dozen children without coats rode bicycles in the motel parking lot.

Area nonprofits have been collecting and distributing donations to get the migrants basic supplies.

“I haven’t been to the doctor,” one woman said.

“I requested an appointment last month because my kid has a toothache and you know when they gave it to me?”

“For Nov. 30.”

“Tell me what I should do.”

“We asked everybody: the director, the supervisor, nobody does anything.”

Another concern is the quality of food the migrants are served.

They described being supplied with frozen meals that they compared to dog food.

They use an outdoor fountain for drinking water and are often asked to switch rooms because the hotel is dealing with a bedbug infestation, they said.

“It’s like a chess game.”

“One day, we’re in one room and the next day, we’re in another (room) because bed bugs are everywhere,” one woman said.

end quotes

Yes, people, thanks to the Cape Charles Mirror, we are getting a real education here as to how the Biden administration is using these migrants as nothing more than pawns in a political game that is looting our treasury to enrichen investors in Joe’s money-making scheme called the MIGRANT CRISIS in America, a CRISIS created by Joe Biden and the DEMOCRATS to be milked for all it is worth.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-870525
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR NOVEMBER 12, 2023 AT 7:09 PM

Paul Plante says:

And while we are on the subject of feeding off the taxpayers being no crime in Joe Biden’s America today, coupled with us having absolutely no right whatsoever to an expectation of honest services from public servants and officials in the Biden regime, to see how this MIGRANT CRISIS SCAM cooked up by Joe Biden and the Democrats to enrichen some POLITICALLY-CONNECTED INVESTORS in this country at taxpayer expense as Joe and the Democrats run these non-citizen MIGRANTS around the country as if they were cattle, which is what they are to Joe Biden and the Democrats who see them as the CASH COWS they really are, allows this politically-connected DocGo outfit to feed off the American taxpayers while helping Joe and the Democrats to loot our treasury to their benefit and our detriment, let us go back for a moment to an Albany, New York Times Union by Joshua Solomon on September 1, 2023 titled “DocGo in the running for $4 billion contract for migrant services – DocGo CEO says NYC migrant work helps the company’s multi-billion dollar bid for U.S. Customs and Border Patrol contract,” where we this following to consider, to wit:

ALBANY — DocGo CEO Anthony Capone is seeking to turn a $432 million migrant shelter contract with New York City into a $4 billion contract with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to provide health care for those crossing the border.

And as part of the work, Capone said his publicly traded company is signing up migrants in its care for Medicaid plans.

Becoming their primary care provider, he said, can yield monthly member reimbursement for the company.

end quotes

Signing up these illegals in its care for Medicaid plans and thereby becoming their primary care provider, can yield monthly member reimbursement for the for-profit POLITICALLY-CONNECTED DocGo company with its NO-BID CONTRACT so that DocGo can make a profit for its INVESTORS?

How about that, people – these migrants who are here in our country illegally because Joe Biden and the Democrats simply opened our border and allowed them to flood across, no questions asked, are entitled to Medicare paid for by the American taxpayers, and meanwhile, we read in a US News &World Report article titled “Paperwork Causing Many Americans to Lose Medicaid Coverage, White House Warns” by Cara Murez, HealthDay Reporter, on July 31, 2023, as follows:

MONDAY, July 31, 2023 (HealthDay News) — Large numbers of Americans who were dropped from Medicaid this spring lost their coverage because of paperwork problems, and not because they weren’t still eligible for the public health insurance program.

“I am deeply concerned about high rates of procedural terminations due to ‘red tape’ and other paperwork issues,” Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra wrote in a letter sent Friday to all governors, the Associated Press reported.

The changes are happening now because a prohibition on removing Medicaid coverage during the pandemic has now been lifted.

States have now begun doing annual eligibility redeterminations.

Among 18 states that began this review in April, about 1 million people continued to receive their health coverage, the AP reported.

Another 715,000 lost that coverage, but in 4 of 5 cases that was for procedural reasons, according to data from the federal U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Becerra encouraged governors to make efforts to keep people on Medicaid, including by using electronic information from federal programs, such as food stamps, to confirm eligibility.

Many may be “caught in a bureaucratic nightmare of confusing forms, notices sent to wrong addresses and other errors,” said Michelle Levander, founding director of the Center for Health Journalism at the University of Southern California.

The AP and health care advocacy group gathered data showing that about 3.7 million people already have lost Medicaid coverage, including about 500,000 in Texas, 400,000 in Florida and 225,000 in California.

In California, 89% of those cuts were for procedural reasons.

That was true also for 81% in Texas and 59% in Florida, according to the AP.

Even though people who were incorrectly dropped can regain their coverage if they prove eligibility within 90 days, there are still issues, according to advocates.

“State government is not necessarily nimble,” Keesa Smith, executive director of Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, told the AP.

“When individuals are being dis-enrolled, the biggest concern … is that there is not a fast track to get those individuals back on the rolls.”

end quotes

And the moral of that story is that if you want good benefits provided for you, it is really better to be in this country as an illegal alien than it is to be here as a citizen.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/paul-p ... ent-870755