Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 15, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Paul Plante says:

So, getting back to today, and the Democrats making it up on the fly as they go, according to the CNN headlines today, the Democrats who impeached Trump on insurrection charges in what has to be the fastest impeachment of a sitting president in the history of impeachments ever have got a real serious problem, because there was no insurrection on 6 January 2021, to wit:

“FBI Director Wray says over 200 suspects identified in US Capitol riots!”

“Investigators pursuing signs US Capitol riot was planned!”

“Key arrests so far from the Capitol riot!”

“Trump bears some responsibility for Capitol riot, ex-DHS acting Secretary Chad Wolf says!”

“Already, the public efforts by prosecutors and the FBI to encourage people who participated in the riot to turn themselves in is yielding fruit.”

end quotes

And yes, people, you are reading that right – what took place on 6 January 2021 was not an insurrection as Joe Biden and the Democrats have said – it was a riot, or as I call it, anarchy.

For those not really familiar with the term, since we are not supposed to have anarchy here in the United States of America, although we certainly do, and on a seemingly increasing scale, the Reader’s Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary defines an “ANARCHIST” as “one who believes in and advocates anarchism,” and “ANARCHISM” as “the theory that all forms of government are incompatible with individual and social liberty and should be abolished,” while “ANARCHY” itself is defined as “lawless confusion and political disorder.”

Lawless confusion and political disorder!

That is what we witnessed in Washington, D.C. on 6 January 2021, not an insurrection.

As an aside, if a march on the Justice Department in 1969 led by red, blue and yellow Viet Cong flags at a time when we were at war with the Viet Cong was not treason or an insurrection or sedition, but merely a protest, then how do we get an insurrection out of people carrying American flags climbing the Capitol steps?

Getting back to anarchy, from those definitions, anyone who is sane and rational can readily discern why it is that we are not supposed to have anarchy here in our Republic, and yet, if we go back a bit in time to a San Francisco Chronicle article entitled “Masked anarchists violently rout right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley” by Lizzie Johnson, Erin Allday, Michael Cabanatuan and Nanette Asimov dated 28 August 2017, it is entirely clear that we have had it here for over four years now, despite any claims to the contrary that it can’t happen here, to wit:

An army of anarchists in black clothing and masks routed a small group of right-wing demonstrators who had gathered in a Berkeley park Sunday to rail against the city’s famed progressive politics, driving them out – sometimes violently — while overwhelming a huge contingent of police officers.

end quotes

Now, as we consider the riot in Washington on 6 January 2021, three and a half years later, where a Capitol police officer died of injuries suffered, keep those words in mind from 2017 about army of anarchists in black clothing and masks routing a small group of right-wing demonstrators who had gathered in a Berkeley park Sunday to rail against the city’s famed progressive politics, driving them out – sometimes violently — while overwhelming a huge contingent of police officers.

Getting back to that story from our political history, we have:

The swamping of right-wing political ideas by left-wing demonstrators has become a recurring theme in Berkeley and other California cities.

end quote

But are those really an “army of anarchists” as the San Francisco Chronicle claims, or are they something entirely different, such as a paramilitary wing of one of our major political parties, a party with a long and well-documented history of using violence and paramilitary forces to impose its will on others while suppressing the voices of those it does not want heard?

Afterall, who can forget that in the 1870s, Democrats gradually regained power in the Southern legislatures by using insurgent paramilitary groups, such as the White League and Red Shirts, to disrupt Republican organizing, run Republican officeholders out of town, and intimidate blacks to suppress their voting.

As to the White League, it was an American white supremacist paramilitary terrorist organization started in 1874 to turn Republicans out of office and intimidate freedmen from voting and political organizing.

Affiliated with the Democratic Party, the White League was one of the paramilitary groups described as “the military arm of the Democratic Party,” and through violence and intimidation, its members suppressed Republican voting and contributed to the Democrats’ taking control of the Louisiana Legislature in 1876.

The Red Shirts or Redshirts of the Southern United States were white supremacist terrorist groups that were active in the late 19th century after the end of the Reconstruction era of the United States, and they first appeared in Mississippi in 1875, when Democratic Party private terror units adopted red shirts to make themselves more visible and threatening to Southern Republicans, both white and freedmen.

The Red Shirts were one of several paramilitary organizations arising in the continuing efforts of white Democrats to regain political power in the South in the 1870s.

These groups acted as “the military arm of the Democratic Party” and they had one goal: the restoration of the Democrats to power by getting rid of Republicans, which usually meant repressing civil rights and voting by the freedmen, and during the 1876, 1898 and 1900 campaigns in North Carolina, the Red Shirts played prominent roles in intimidating non-Democratic voters.

So, would a political party with a well-documented history of using paramilitary forces to inflict its will on others be averse to using paramilitary forces to do the same today?

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-316999
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

ELLE

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She Feared She'd Die During Capitol Riot After 'Very Close Encounter' - 'I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.'"

By Alyssa Bailey

Jan 13, 2021

When pro-Trump supporters breached the Capitol a week ago, many noted that progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was unusually absent from Twitter and hadn't confirmed she was safe during the riot.

She eventually would post that she was okay on social media that evening, but in a new Instagram video last night, AOC admitted the truth behind her initial absent: She wasn't safe the entire time.

In fact, she was afraid she would be killed.

AOC described the riots as "a pretty traumatizing event," going on to say, "I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die."

Ocasio-Cortez added that she couldn't get into specifics due to security reasons.

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive."

"Not just in a general sense, but in a very, very specific sense."

The Congresswoman added that she did not feel safe staying with other lawmakers in the protected “extraction point" because "there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera."

"So I didn’t even feel safe around other members of Congress."

She said that generally, it is "not an exaggeration" to say that many members of Congress were "nearly assassinated."

AOC confirmed that some members of the U.S. Capitol Police seemed to side with the pro-Trump rioters, saying it was hard to trust the unit as a whole with her safety.

“Not know[ing] if an officer is there to help you or harm you is also quite traumatizing," she said.

In the video, AOC condemned some of her GOP colleagues, including Republican Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, for their role encouraging the rioters and generally inciting them by refusing the accept the results of a legitimate presidential election and attempting to overturn them.

"This isn’t about the truth to them,” she said.

“This is about whether they want to be president in 2024."

"Let me give you a sneak peek: You will never be president.”

"What claim will you have?"

"That you rule over a destroyed society?"

"That the ashes belong to you?"

"Let me give you a sneak peek, you will never be president."

"You will never command the respect of this country, never."

In light of a Capitol police officer dying in the riot, AOC said, "I don't want to see the Republican Party talk about blue lives ever again."

"This was never about safety for them."

"It was always a slogan."

"Because if they actually care about the rule of law they would speak up when people break the law."

Ocasio-Cortez also addressed her current health status in the video, saying she still remains traumatized by what happened.

"My body and my brain have been out of work," she said.

For the two days after the riots, "I just slept a lot more than I usually sleep, and that to me is telling me that my body is going through something and my brain is trying to heal."

Alyssa Bailey News and Strategy Editor

Alyssa Bailey is the news and strategy editor at ELLE.com, where she oversees coverage of celebrities and royals (particularly Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton).

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-pol ... ram-video/
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE GUARDIAN

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thought she 'was going to die' during Capitol attack - New York congresswoman said on Instagram Live she had a ‘very close encounter’ that put her life at risk"

Kenya Evelyn in Washington @LiveFromKenya

Wed 13 Jan 2021 12.38 EST

Last modified on Wed 13 Jan 2021 23.36 EST

The Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told thousands of followers via her Instagram Live on Tuesday that she “thought [she] was going to die” as a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol last week.

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive,” she said.

Not divulging details due to security concerns, the New York congresswoman revealed she had a “very close encounter” that put her life, and those of her staff, at risk.

“Wednesday was an extremely traumatizing event."

"And it was not an exaggeration to say that many members of the House were nearly assassinated,” she said.

Ocasio-Cortez – who is also referred to as AOC – spoke at length about the experience, noting she “didn’t feel safe around other members of Congress” because there were colleagues “who would create opportunities to allow [her] to be hurt, kidnapped, etc”.

“I myself did not even feel safe going to that extraction point because there were QAnons and white supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I had felt would disclose my location,” she said.

The FBI has so far confirmed dozens of arrests for the attack in which thousands of Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the US Capitol, fixed on stopping the electoral college vote sealing his re-election loss.

The overwhelmingly white violent mob included white supremacists and some people waving Confederate flags and sporting neo-Nazi regalia.

Five people, including a Capitol police officer, were killed.

A second officer died by suicide in the days following the attack.

In the days since the attack, reports have uncovered the full scope of the attack.

Videos surfaced of attackers chanting “Hang Mike Pence”, carrying zip ties designed to be used as restraints.

Officials also confirmed they confiscated pipe bombs, molotov cocktails and several guns on the Capitol and surrounding area.

The images suggest some involved in the mob were embarking on a coordinated insurrection aimed at more than just obstructing the electoral college certification.

The congresswoman’s remarks add to several Democratic leaders who have come forward with details that suggest some Republican politicians may also have aided in the invasion.

In a Facebook live on Tuesday night, the New Jersey representative Mikie Sherrill recalled a “reconnaissance”, or tours being provided by colleagues to groups of Trump supporters at the Capitol on 5 January.

The grounds had been closed to the public since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“I was told later that members of that mob had zip ties, were wearing body armor and were looking to take prisoners,” the congresswoman said.

While she did not identify the Republican lawmakers, the Democrat vowed to “see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure they don’t serve in Congress”.

Later Tuesday, Sarah Groh, chief of staff to Ayanna Pressley, told the Boston Globe that as the Massachusetts congresswoman and her staff hid from the approaching invaders, they discovered that the emergency system in her office had been manipulated without explanation.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out – the whole unit,” she said.

Pressley told the Globe she was “fearful but that fear is not new”.

“Being a Black woman and feeling unsafe is not new."

"The experiences of Wednesday were harrowing and unfortunately very familiar in the deepest and most ancestral way,” she said.

The congresswomen join a trove of officials pushing for the president and his Republican allies to be held accountable for inciting the attack.

Several have called for the 145 members in the House and Senate who voted to reject the election win of Democrat Joe Biden to resign, including Ocasio-Cortez who excoriated her Republicans in Congress, delivering “a message for anyone who is resigning after Wednesday: too late."

"Too late”.

“You were a part of it,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

She then directly referenced the now former secretary of education Betsy DeVos, who is among at least a dozen Trump administration officials to have resigned from their positions in the aftermath of the insurrection.

Ocasio-Cortez also charged that Josh Hawley of Missouri and Ted Cruz of Texas “do not belong in the United States Senate”, accusing both senators stoking the violence for their own “political ambition”.

With rumored campaigns for president in 2024, the congresswoman gave them “a sneak peek”, insisting they “will never be president and “will never command the respect of this country, never."

"Never.”

“You should resign,” she said.

“And so should every member of Congress who voted to overturn the results of our election, because they would rather cling to power than respect our democracy.”

House Democrats are expected to vote to impeach Trump on Wednesday as multiple senior Republicans have joined Democrats calling for his removal from office.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... live-video
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

NBC NEWS

"AOC says she feared for her life during Capitol riot: 'I thought I was going to die' - The Democrat said it’s 'not an exaggeration' to say that many members of the House were nearly assassinated."

By Yuliya Talmazan

Jan. 13, 2021, 8:18 AM EST / Updated Jan. 13, 2021, 9:49 AM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., says she feared for her life as a violent mob stormed the Capitol building last week.

In a lengthy Instagram Live video Tuesday night, Ocasio-Cortez said that she had a "very close encounter," during which she thought she "was going to die."

She didn't elaborate on the details, but cited security concerns.

"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," the congresswoman said during the hour-long live stream, calling the encounter during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol "traumatizing."

Ocasio-Cortez said it is "not an exaggeration" to say that many members of the House were "nearly assassinated."

Supporters of President Donald Trump stormed Capitol last week in protest of a congressional tally of the Electoral College votes confirming President-elect Joe Biden's win.

As they raided the building, destroying property and attempting to breach both the House and Senate chambers, members were evacuated.

"We were very lucky that things happened within certain minutes that allowed members to escape the House floor unharmed," she added.

"Many of us merely narrowly escaped death."

Ocasio-Cortez also said she did not feel safe when she was brought into a secure room with other lawmakers.

"There were QAnon and white supremacist sympathizers, and frankly white supremacist members of Congress, in that extraction point who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera," Ocasio-Cortez said, without naming the lawmakers she thought could endanger her safety.

The New York congresswoman's post followed a number of other testimonials from Democratic lawmakers who have said their Republican colleagues' behavior put them in jeopardy.

Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., alleged in a Facebook video on Tuesday that some members of Congress led people through the Capitol on a "reconnaissance" tour of the building one day before Wednesday's riot, though she did not identify any specific officials.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., on Tuesday said she left her secure location after learning that "treasonous" lawmakers "who incited the mob in the first place" were also in the room.

Pressley also chastised lawmakers who refused to wear a mask after three Democrats, including a cancer survivor, tested positive for Covid-19.

Congress' attending physician told House members Sunday that they may have been exposed to someone with the virus while in lockdown during the riot.

Ocasio-Cortez condemned Trump's role in inciting the violent riot.

Her post came as the House passed a resolution late Tuesday calling on Vice President Mike Pence to use the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.

The measure passed, but Pence in a letter sent ahead of the vote said he wouldn't invoke it.

His refusal paved the way for the House to vote Wednesday to impeach Trump, making him the first president in U.S. history to be impeached twice.

A growing number of Republican lawmakers have publicly endorsed impeaching the president ahead of the vote, including Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-highest ranking House Republican.

On Tuesday, Trump criticized Democrats for their plans to impeach him, calling efforts to remove him "ridiculous."

He also denied any responsibility for his supporters’ violent invasion of the Capitol.

But Ocasio-Cortez said she was confident Trump would be impeached, calling the president "an active threat to every single American."

"Donald Trump's incitement of a deadly insurrection against the U.S. Capitol is without precedent in our nation's history and an egregious violation of his oath of office," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., tweeted early Wednesday.

"Fulfilling our oath to defend our Constitution requires that we act to remove him from office immediately."

Yuliya Talmazan is a London-based journalist.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... i-n1254042
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

NBC NEWS

"Some Democrats in Congress are worried their colleagues might kill them - House members openly accuse far-right representatives of threatening their health and safety after the Capitol riot."

By Benjy Sarlin

Jan. 14, 2021, 7:43 PM EST

WASHINGTON — After last week's deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump, members of Congress are expressing something once unthinkable: that some of their own colleagues may be endangering their lives.

Not in a rhetorical sense, but in a direct and immediate way.

"It's the most poisonous I've ever seen," Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., said in an interview.

"There's the overall sense that maybe if some of them have guns — and likely the ones who are more into conspiracy theories and QAnon with the pedophilic satanic rings — are we safe from them?"

Since the deadly riot Jan. 6, lawmakers have suggested — not, so far, backed up by evidence — that far-right colleagues may have helped plan or guide the attack.

There are particular concerns about some newly elected members who have espoused extremist views, including comments supportive of the QAnon lie that accuses perceived enemies of Trump of being part of a child-abusing cult.

One House freshman is pushing to carry firearms on Capitol grounds, and another recounts being armed during the attack, further putting their colleagues on edge.

With the support of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., security officials have installed metal detectors outside the House floor, causing tension among some Republicans and effectively suggesting that members themselves may pose a danger.

Democrats are outraged at 147 Republicans who they say abided by the rioters' calls and voted to overturn the election results even after the violent attack, which left five people dead and forced lawmakers to hide in their offices and safe rooms.

But, Beyer said, the issue "that has the greater emotional impact is the sense that there's perhaps actual physical danger from our colleagues."

With lawmakers traumatized, hundreds of members of the National Guard sleeping in congressional hallways and warnings from authorities about continued threats, suspicion and rumor are running rampant.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., has said she feared for her life, in part because she doubted the motives of unnamed colleagues who were sheltering with her.

"There were QAnon and white supremacist sympathizers, and frankly white supremacist members of Congress, in that extraction point who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.," Ocasio-Cortez, a highly visible progressive and frequent target of conservative media, said in a speech Tuesday streamed live on Instagram.

Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw lawmakers holding tours around the Capitol the day before the attack, which she said she believes may have been part of a "reconnaissance" effort for the rioters.

There is no evidence of such wrongdoing, and Sherrill has not publicly disclosed any names.

But she and over 30 other Democrats have signed on to a letter asking authorities to investigate the claim.

"I was flat on the ground as other members were calling loved ones because they thought that might be the last phone call they made," Sherrill said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"To imagine that colleagues of mine could have aided and abetted this is incredibly offensive, and there is simply no way they can be allowed to continue to serve in Congress."

Raising the temperature further is the threat of Covid-19, as members continue to contract the virus amid resistance among some Republican lawmakers to wearing masks.

Several members have tested positive for Covid-19 since the attack, including Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-N.J., 75, a cancer survivor, who blamed GOP colleagues for refusing to wear masks while sheltering in tight quarters during the attack.

Other Democrats have made similar accusations.

"It's very disturbing that [it's] this combined threat — the threat from within and the threat from without," said Rep. Ann McLane Kuster, D-N.H.

A trio of GOP freshmen have drawn particular attention and concern from colleagues: Reps. Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

Some lawmakers have suggested that Boebert, a Second Amendment advocate and past QAnon sympathizer, may have deliberately revealed Pelosi's location during the attack on Twitter.

Boebert also tweeted "Today is 1776" the morning of the rally.

The concerns are not limited to Democrats.

Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., called Boebert "culpable" in the attack in an interview with National Journal, citing her tweet about Pelosi.

Boebert has denied any involvement in the assault, including claims that she sought to draw attention to Pelosi's whereabouts, saying her tweet was posted after Pelosi had moved on and did not mention her secure location.

In a statement, she told NBC News that she is "not a follower or believer of QAnon and I have repeatedly disavowed it."

Boebert has also resisted new metal detectors in her high-profile push to carry guns through the Capitol.

Members are not allowed to have guns on the House floor.

The metal detectors have become a culture war flashpoint; Boebert and other Republicans refuse to go through them at times.

Pelosi announced Wednesday night that she would fine members who evade the metal detectors up to $10,000, writing in a statement that "it is tragic that this step is necessary, but the Chamber of the People's House must and will be safe."

Cawthorn, who spoke at a pro-Trump rally in Washington before the Capitol siege, has said he was carrying a firearm during the riot.

"Congressman Cawthorn exercises his 2nd Amendment rights as well as privileges accorded to him as a member of Congress," his spokesman, Micah Bock, said in an email.

"Congressman Cawthorn seeks to abide by all known Capitol Police regulations."

Cawthorn has also faced scrutiny for his call to "lightly threaten" lawmakers who did not support overturning the election results.

A spokesman said he meant finding primary challengers for those lawmakers.

In October, his campaign website accused a reporter of taking a job "to work for non-white males," like Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., who it said aim to "ruin white males running for office."

Cawthorn has denounced last week's violence and denied any racist intentions in his comments.

Bock said any member uncomfortable around Cawthorn "hadn't met him yet" and would find him "friendly and amiable."

Greene, who has clashed with members over wearing masks, supported Trump's efforts to overturn the election and explicitly promoted QAnon more than any other national elected figure.

She once described Trump's presidency as a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles out."

Greene's spokesman, Nick Dyer, denied suggestions that she supports QAnon.

He said the allegation that she had endangered colleagues by not wearing a mask in a safe room during the attack was "ridiculous," saying she had tested negative for Covid-19 two days before.

"She has nothing to do with QAnon," Dyer said.

"She doesn't support it."

"She doesn't follow it."

"She believes it's disinformation."

It's hard to find historical precedent for this level of visceral worry about danger among lawmakers.

Joanne Freeman, who is a historian at Yale University and the author of "The Field of Blood: Violence in Congress and the Road to Civil War," likened the atmosphere to the decades before the Civil War, when fistfights often broke out on the House floor and a Northern senator was caned by a Southern House member.

Freeman cautioned against drawing too many direct parallels, as it was a more violent time in America across the board.

But, she said, the violence in Congress both reflected and encouraged violence outside its walls: It took place as slave owners were brutalizing Black Americans and engaging in limited warfare with abolitionists in the territories.

"Everything that happens in the Capitol and Congress has a symbolic representative nature, and that's some of what we saw this week and some of what we're responding to," Freeman said.

Two lawmakers, Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., and freshman Rep. Peter Meijer, R-Mich., both claim that some GOP colleagues voted to overturn the election results or against impeaching Trump out of fear that their families' lives may be put in danger.

Other Republicans urged against impeachment in part to avoid inciting further violence, effectively conceding that pro-Trump extremists pose a continuing threat.

Meijer said in an appearance on MSNBC that he and other members were buying body armor.

"It's sad that we have to get to that point, but our expectation is that someone may try to kill us," he said.

Kim Lane Scheppele, a professor of sociology and international affairs at Princeton University who studies how democracies slide into authoritarianism, said the atmosphere was disturbingly similar to those in governments in which dissident politicians live in fear of death threats, including fears that pro-regime extremists might target them with tacit support from government leaders or state security.

"In the atmosphere of threat, a lot of people quit," she said.

"By the time you're at the endgame, you only have the people who say they refuse to be bullied and will risk their lives and those that are so bullied they can't even open their mouths."

CORRECTION (Jan. 14, 2021, 11:45 p.m.): A previous version of this article misstated the state Rep. Madison Cawthorn represents. He is from North Carolina, not South Carolina. The article also misstated what chamber of Congress the attacker of a Northern senator before the Civil War was from. Sen. Charles Sumner, R-Mass., was caned in 1856 by a member of the House, Preston Brooks, D-S.C., not the Senate.

Benjy Sarlin is policy editor for NBC News.

Leigh Ann Caldwell contributed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... ecommended
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 16, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Paul Plante says:

And talk about high crimes and misdemeanors being committed against We, the American people by FRAUDSTER Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats coupled with hysterical horse**** coming at us from outerspace and making it up as they go while slinging massive amounts of pure, unadulterated bull**** in a veritable blizzard as they impeach Donald Trump based on a FRAUD concocted by Nancy Pelosi and her pack of virulent Democrats intent on installing a DICTATORSHIP OF THE PROLETARIAT here in the United States of America, the prize of all prizes for the Marxists, let’s go to a BUSINESS INSIDER article entitled “Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tells GOP colleagues they need to remove Trump because he incited a violent mob to ‘possibly kill’ them” by John Haltiwanger on Jan. 8, 2021, where we are treated to the following raft of **** from Democrat DRAMA QUEEN AOC, to wit:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday called on her GOP colleagues to join the effort to remove President Donald Trump from office over the Capitol siege that he incited.

“To my GOP colleagues: know that this President incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but you, too,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“Remove him,” she went on to say of Trump.

end quotes

Now, truly, people, when it comes to the MOTHER OF ALL POLITICAL THEATER and GONZO LOLLAPALOOZA EXTRAVAGANZAS, nobody but nobody can hold a candle to the Democrats, and especially a highly accomplished DRAMA QUEEN like AOC as we are seeing here in this Business Insider article where we have AOC telling her alleged “GOP colleagues,” who she will later say she feared, that Trump incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but them, as well.

What horse****!

First of all, there was no “insurrection!”

Second of all, at least according to the REUTERS article “U.S. now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at U.S. Capitol” by Brad Heath, Sarah N. Lynch and Jan Wolfe on January 15, 2021, that’s complete bull**** that Trump had hunter-killer teams searching out, of all people, AOC, who is at best a whiny, pipsqueak politician of little or no importance to anything in the grand scheme of things, to wit:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C. said on Friday there is no “direct evidence” to suggest that rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol had formed “kill capture teams.”

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.”

Sherwin said that his office is leading the prosecution effort, but as local offices help to run down suspects in their districts, there may have been a “disconnect” on the evidence obtained so far in the cases.

Late on Thursday, federal prosecutors had made sweeping claims about the ongoing investigation in a filing as they asked a judge to detain Jacob Chansley, an Arizona man and QAnon conspiracy theorist photographed wearing horns as he stood at the desk of Vice President Mike Pence in the chamber of the U.S. Senate.

In the filing, they said Chansley left a note for Pence warning that “it’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

“Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government,” the memo said.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona told Reuters the office plans to file an amended memo today, ahead of Chansley’s appearance in federal court for his detention hearing.

end quotes

This is the same AOC who was recently featured in another Business Insider article whining that nobody loves her and everybody is against her, to wit:

“AOC said she might quit politics, as some centrist Democrats blame progressives for House losses, NYT says”

Kelsey Vlamis, Business Insider

November 7, 2020

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told the New York Times in an interview that she might quit politics, depending on the hostility of her own party towards progressive causes.

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics,” she told The Times.

She said the Democratic party has been hostile to progressive causes, like Medicare for All and the Movement for Black Lives.

The interview happened Saturday, shortly after major news networks called the election for President-elect Joe Biden, and after some Democrats blamed progressive messaging for party losses down-ticket.

“You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year.”

“Externally, there’s been a ton of support,” she said, according to The Times.

“But internally, it’s been extremely hostile to anything that even smells progressive.”

end quotes

BOO HOO HOO, and now, Donald Trump is trying to assassinate her.

Yeah, okay, AOC, whatever you say!

We know, everybody hates you because you’re you, and they are not, which makes them hateful and jealous towards you.

In that, of course, AOC is a lot like another Democrat drama queen we know named Hillary Rodham Clinton,

Now, as an aside, as Wikipedia tells us, in the history of theatre, in this case theater of the absurd, or opera bouffe, there is long tradition of performances addressing issues of current events, especially those central to society itself, in our case such important issues to society as to whether Donald Trump has any love children, and to see how old this branch of theater really is, the political satire performed by the comic poets at the theaters of ancient Greece had considerable influence on public opinion in the Athenian democracy, and those earlier Western dramas, arising out of the polis, or democratic city-state of Greek society, were performed in amphitheaters, central arenas used for theatrical performances, religious ceremonies and political gatherings with those dramas, like this one today starring Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez having a ritualistic and social significance that enhanced the relevance of the political issues being examined.

Getting back to the Business Insider article, that saga of AOC almost but not quite getting assassinated by Trump’s hunter-killer teams he sent in specifically to kill AOC, it continued as follows:

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday implored her Republican colleagues to embrace the push to remove President Donald Trump from office after he provoked an attempted coup at the US
Capitol earlier in the week.

end quotes

A coup?

First, it’s an insurrection, and now, it’s a coup?

WOW!

HOLY COW!

Who’d a thought it?

And now that AOC is getting real warmed up in her delivery here, let’s go back for more, to wit:

“To my GOP colleagues: know that this President incited an insurrection against and incited his mob to find, harm, and possibly kill not just Democrats, but you, too.”

“He *will* allow opportunities of physical harm against you if you aren’t sufficiently loyal to him.”

“Remove him,” the New York Democrat said in a tweet.

end quotes

So, to cap that all off, even though nobody else knows Trump incited an insurrection and coup and was going to kill not only Democrats, but Republicans, too, and who knows, maybe even independents, as well, and even though the FBI has no evidence to back any of that up, still because she is AOC, she knows it is true, because, well, ah,, she’s AOC, and that is all we need to know!

Trump’s guilty, hang him!

AOC says so, and that’s it, nothing more is needed!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-316999
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 17, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Paul Plante says:

“Biden chief of staff vows ‘message of unity’ at inauguration”

That is what CNN (Cuomo News Network) is touting on its website today.

This comes to us from the Boston Globe:

“Biden’s message of returning to ‘normalcy’ will take center stage this week”

“Joe Biden, who ran on a message of unity and healing, will be sworn in as the country’s 46th president on Wednesday at the literal scene of a crime.”

“One hand on the Bible, the other in the air, Biden will stand in front of the US Capitol just two weeks after angry supporters of President Trump, including white supremacists, breached and then ransacked the building, leading to five deaths.”

“The tanks, razor-wire-covered fences, and thousands of National Guard troops surrounding the stage will only further emphasize the precariousness of the peaceful transfer of power this year in a dystopian scene that clashes loudly with the inauguration’s official theme: ‘America United.’”

end quotes

Joe Biden ran on a message of unity and healing?

No, he didn’t!

That’s bull****!

Joe Biden ran on a divisive message wherein he likened Trump supporters to “DREGS OF SOCIETY.”

That is not a message of healing and unity.

Far from it.

And then we have this from the Associated Press, to wit:

“In inaugural address, Biden will appeal to national unity”

January 17, 2021 1:13 p.m.

President-elect Joe Biden will deliver an appeal to national unity when he is sworn in Wednesday and plans immediate moves to combat the coronavirus pandemic and undo some of President Donald Trump’s most controversial policies, his incoming chief of staff said Sunday.

end quotes

So, national unity?

The bit about undoing some of President Donald Trump’s most controversial policies seems a bit wide of the mark of achieving national unity to me, anyway.

Rather, it seems a very good way for Joe Biden and the Democrats, who want one-party rule in America, to further marginalize those that Joe Biden has already written off as “DREGS of SOCIETY” here in America.

Getting back to that AP article, it continues thusly:

Klain told CNN’s “State of the Union” that Biden, in his inaugural address to the nation, will deliver “a message of moving this country forward.”

“A message of unity.”

“A message of getting things done.”

“President-elect Biden will take action — not just to reverse the gravest damages of the Trump administration — but also to start moving our country forward.”

Incoming White House communications director Kate Bedingfield said Biden would use his address to the American people to appeal to those frustrated by the rancor of Washington and to explain how his administration will tackle the nation’s challenges.

“I think you can expect that this will be a moment where President-elect Biden will really work to try to turn the page on the divisiveness and the hatred over the last four years and really lay out a positive, optimistic vision for the country, and lay out a way — lay out a path forward that really calls on all of us to work together,” she told “Fox News Sunday.”

end quotes

Which takes us back to the theme of this thread, which is that for Joe Biden to really heal America, and here I am talking about the roughly 70 percent of the people in this country who aren’t Democrats and don’t want to be Democrats, then Joe Biden has to apologize to the American people for the harm he has caused this nation by his message of hate and divisiveness when he was running for office by running down those who support his arch enemy, Trump, but the problem for Joe now is that the time for that apology has gone by the boards with that massive assault on our democracy on and after January 6, 2021, where we have Democrats like AOC out there shrieking that the Republicans are going to kill her and the Democrats, and the PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER article entitled “Biden slams Capitol mob as ‘domestic terrorists’; Trump acknowledges new administration day after inciting riot and as calls grow for his removal” on 8 January 2021, we have Joe Biden himself, not yet in office, already lying to us, as follows:

President-elect Joe Biden called the participants in the mob “domestic terrorists.”

“Don’t dare call them protesters,” Biden said.

“They were a riotous mob, insurrectionists, domestic terrorists.”

Biden blamed Trump’s incendiary language and actions throughout his presidency for what he called “one of the darkest days of our nation.”

“I wish we could say we couldn’t see it coming, but that isn’t true.”

“We could see it coming,” Biden said.

“He unleashed an all out assault on our institutions of our Democracy from the outset and yesterday was but the culmination on that unrelenting attack.”

end quotes

That don’t sound like a message of unity to me; rather, it sounds like a man getting ready to go to war against America!

Stay tuned for further developments!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317522
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 18, 2021 at 11:37 am

Paul Plante says:

And to see exactly how ludicrous the concept of Democrat Joe Biden healing and uniting this nation really is as his Democrats make an unprecedented assault on our democracy and ramp up their efforts to further divide the nation just as they did back in the 1850’s when they caused the Civil War, let’s go to an NBC News story entitled “Some Democrats in Congress are worried their colleagues might kill them – House members openly accuse far-right representatives of threatening their health and safety after the Capitol riot” by Benjy Sarlin on Jan. 14, 2021, where we have as follows:

WASHINGTON — After last week’s deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump, members of Congress are expressing something once unthinkable: that some of their own colleagues may be endangering their lives.

Not in a rhetorical sense, but in a direct and immediate way.

“It’s the most poisonous I’ve ever seen,” Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., said in an interview.

“There’s the overall sense that maybe if some of them have guns — and likely the ones who are more into conspiracy theories and QAnon with the pedophilic satanic rings — are we safe from them?”

end quotes

Now, seriously, people, how is Joe Biden, himself a Democrat, going to deal with that kind of inflammatory rhetoric from his faction as he tries to unite and heal the nation his faction is dividing?

Getting back to the news, we have more as follows:

Since the deadly riot Jan. 6, lawmakers have suggested — not, so far, backed up by evidence — that far-right colleagues may have helped plan or guide the attack.

end quotes

They have no evidence, but that does not stop them from making the accusations.

So how is Joe Biden going to deal with that, one must wonder – these charges by his faction that Republicans in the House of Representatives are a threat to Joe’s Democrats?

Is he going to “man up” and step up to the plate and demand these Democrats who are talking this **** to stop making dangerous and inflammatory accusations without evidence?

Or is he going to let them continue to divide us further?

Getting back to the story, it goes on as follows:

Democrats are outraged at 147 Republicans who they say abided by the rioters’ calls and voted to overturn the election results even after the violent attack, which left five people dead and forced lawmakers to hide in their offices and safe rooms.

But, Beyer said, the issue “that has the greater emotional impact is the sense that there’s perhaps actual physical danger from our colleagues.”

end quotes

The one thing you can say about the Democrats is that they have mastered the ART OF THE SMEAR with all these innuendos they are loading up this NBC News article with.

So, on the eve of Joe Biden getting sworn in as the president who is going to heal the nation and divide us, his pack of Democrats are spreading malicious lies and verbal poison to sicken the nation and divide us by accusing the Republicans of being a threat to them.

Will Joe Biden stand up like a man and tell these Democrats to cut the ******* crap or he will take them out behind the barn like he was going to take Trump, and give them some what-for?

Or is he going to wimp out and be the coward who is afraid to stand up to his own party as they work to destroy this nation?

Getting back to that spew of horse**** from the Democrats, we next come to this:

With lawmakers traumatized, hundreds of members of the National Guard sleeping in congressional hallways and warnings from authorities about continued threats, suspicion and rumor are running rampant.

end quotes

Rumor is running rampant because the Democrat rumor mill has been cranked up to flank speed as the Democrats work to bury the Republicans under a mountain of bull**** that will make Mt. Everest look like a molehill in comparison, which takes us next to this:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., has said she feared for her life, in part because she doubted the motives of unnamed colleagues who were sheltering with her.

“There were QAnon and white supremacist sympathizers, and frankly white supremacist members of Congress, in that extraction point who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.,” Ocasio-Cortez, a highly visible progressive and frequent target of conservative media, said in a speech Tuesday streamed live on Instagram.

end quotes

AOC, the DRAMA QUEEN!

What would the world of theater and drama in America do without her?

But there is more:

Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw lawmakers holding tours around the Capitol the day before the attack, which she said she believes may have been part of a “reconnaissance” effort for the rioters.

There is no evidence of such wrongdoing, and Sherrill has not publicly disclosed any names.

“I was flat on the ground as other members were calling loved ones because they thought that might be the last phone call they made,” Sherrill said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show.”

“To imagine that colleagues of mine could have aided and abetted this is incredibly offensive, and there is simply no way they can be allowed to continue to serve in Congress.”

end quotes

And there is the DEMOCRAT ASSAULT ON OUR DEMOCRACY, right there before our eyes in broad daylight – the Democrats, Joe Biden’s faction, the man who supposedly will heal and unite the nation as president, want to deny American citizens representation in the House of Representatives because they are not represented by Democrats.

And how absolutely UN-AMERICAN is that, to deny American citizens representation in the House of Representatives because they are not represented by Democrats?

Tell us, Joe – the candid world would like to know!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317699
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR January 18, 2021 at 10:53 am

Paul Plante says:

And while we are on the subject of a major league assault on-going against our democracy and some real weird **** going down here in OUR America which the Democrats are trying to make theirs, as if America were a possession, which is what is has become, a trinket to be fought over like dogs fight over a bone, and making it up as they go, let’s go to an article in ELLE entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She Feared She’d Die During Capitol Riot After ‘Very Close Encounter’ – ‘I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive'” by Alyssa Bailey on Jan 13, 2021, where we are treated to the following from the DRAMA QUEEN, to wit:

When pro-Trump supporters breached the Capitol a week ago, many noted that progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was unusually absent from Twitter and hadn’t confirmed she was safe during the riot.

She eventually would post that she was okay on social media that evening, but in a new Instagram video last night, AOC admitted the truth behind her initial absent: She wasn’t safe the entire time.

In fact, she was afraid she would be killed.

end quotes

Oh, good Christ is all I can say – that is what this was all about on 6 January 2021 – it wasn’t an insurrection, it wasn’t a coup, it really was an attempt to kill AOC, because AOC is the most important person in the world, bar none, even more so than Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi – it’s all about AOC.

Getting back to the drama, it continues as follows:

AOC described the riots as “a pretty traumatizing event,” going on to say, “I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die.”

Ocasio-Cortez added that she couldn’t get into specifics due to security reasons.

end quotes

Which is absolute horsecrap – she thought she was going to die, but because of security reasons, that is all she can say?

Sounds like some lines from a daytime soap to me, which again takes us back to that story, as follows:

“I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

“Not just in a general sense, but in a very, very specific sense.”

The Congresswoman added that she did not feel safe staying with other lawmakers in the protected “extraction point” because “there were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera.”

“So I didn’t even feel safe around other members of Congress.”

end quotes

Other members of Congress in that extraction point who she knows and who she felt would disclose her location and would create opportunities to allow her to be hurt, kidnapped, etc?

Disclose her location to who?

The “hunter-killer” teams Trump had roaming the halls of the Capitol looking for AOC so they could assassinate her?

Except according to the REUTERS article “U.S. now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at U.S. Capitol” by Brad Heath, Sarah N. Lynch and Jan Wolfe on January 15, 2021, that’s complete bull**** that Trump had hunter-killer teams searching out, of all people, AOC, who is at best a whiny, pipsqueak politician of little or no importance to anything in the grand scheme of things, to wit:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C. said on Friday there is no “direct evidence” to suggest that rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol had formed “kill capture teams.”

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.”

end quotes

So that is simply hysterical horse**** AOC is spewing there, as usual.

And why is this all about AOC?

How did it become about her?

Getting back to that article, it goes on as follows:

She said that generally, it is “not an exaggeration” to say that many members of Congress were “nearly assassinated.”

end quotes

Many members of Congress were nearly assassinated?

How nearly?

And when was all of that going on, outside of AOC’s fever dreams?

And the drama and wild accusations continue as follows:

AOC confirmed that some members of the U.S. Capitol Police seemed to side with the pro-Trump rioters, saying it was hard to trust the unit as a whole with her safety.

“Not know[ing] if an officer is there to help you or harm you is also quite traumatizing,” she said.

end quotes

Which is some very incredible horse**** flowing from out her mouth as she slanders and smears the Capitol Police Force, which by the way is under the control of Democrat Nancy Pelosi, not Trump, so that if AOC cannot trust the Capitol Police, that is a direct reflection not on Trump but on Nancy Pelosi, who is obviously too incompetent to keep AOC safe.

There are very dangerous aspersions she is casting out here, without any evidence of any kind to support what she is saying.

Talk about reckless and irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric, there we have a classic text-book case of it right there, which against takes us back to the story for more hysterical shrieking from AOC as follows:

In the video, AOC condemned some of her GOP colleagues, including Republican Senators Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, for their role encouraging the rioters and generally inciting them by refusing to accept the results of a legitimate presidential election and attempting to overturn them.

end quotes

Except according to OUR laws, which AOC is ignorant of and ignores, because laws do not apply to her, her being real special and all, like Hillary, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley were well withing their legal and Constitutional rights to challenge those votes, to wit:

3 U.S. Code § 15 – Counting electoral votes in Congress

Upon such reading of any such certificate or paper, the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any.

Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received.

When the two Houses have voted, they shall immediately again meet, and the presiding officer shall then announce the decision of the questions submitted.

No votes or papers from any other State shall be acted upon until the objections previously made to the votes or papers from any State shall have been finally disposed of.

end quotes

Except to my knowledge, that never happened, because the Democrats short-stopped the process so that could not happen, so that objections could not be made as the law provides for.

So what game is AOC playing at here?

Stay tuned!

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/o ... ent-317689
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

marieclaire.com

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Called Out the Hypocrisy of 'Blue Lives Matter' After the Capitol Attack"

By Emily Dixon

Jan 14, 2021

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned out the hypocrisy of the Blue Lives Matter movement in an Instagram Live video Tuesday, after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol last week.

"I don’t want to hear or see the Republican Party talk about blue lives ever again," Rep. Ocasio-Cortez said.

"It was always a slogan, because if they actually cared about rule of law they would speak up when people break the law."

"They don’t give a damn about the law."

"They don’t give a damn about order."

"They don’t give a damn about safety."

"They give a damn about white supremacy," she continued.

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spoke candidly about the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week, in an hour-long Instagram Live video watched by almost 100,000 people on Tuesday.

The following evening, she shared two short clips from the livestream to her Instagram feed, in which she condemned the hypocrisy of the Blue Lives Matter movement in the wake of the Capitol attack.

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died after he was overpowered by rioters and hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, while four participants in the attack on the Capitol also died.

"I don’t want to hear or see the Republican Party talk about blue lives ever again," Rep. Ocasio-Cortez said in the first clip.

"It was always a slogan, because if they actually cared about rule of law they would speak up when people break the law."

"They don’t give a damn about the law."

"They don’t give a damn about order."

"They don’t give a damn about safety."

"They give a damn about white supremacy," she continued.

"They care about preserving the social order and the mythology of whiteness more than the grandeur of our democracy."

"That’s what they care about."

"They lust for power more than they care about democracy."

In a second clip, Ocasio-Cortez added, "Maybe we should just start voting on things based on whether we think it’s right or not, and stop pretending that this shit’s complicated."

"Cause it’s not."

"You’re either with the people or you’re with that mob."

"It’s pretty clear cut."

A few minutes into her full livestream on Tuesday, Ocasio-Cortez said she feared for her life as the pro-Trump rioters rampaged through the Capitol.

"I had a pretty traumatizing event happen to me and I don’t even know if I can disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns, but I can tell you I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die," she said.

"You have all of those thoughts where, at the end of your life, these thoughts come rushing to you," she continued.

"That’s what happened to a lot of us on Wednesday."

"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive."

"And not just in a general sense, but in a very specific sense."

Ocasio-Cortez revealed that she did not take refuge in the protected "extraction point" where lawmakers were instructed to shelter, as the Washington Post reports, fearing that other members of Congress would share her location with the mob.

"There were QAnon and white-supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white-supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, et cetera," she said.

"So I didn’t even feel safe around other members of Congress."

The second I realized our "safe room" from the violent white supremacist mob included treasonous, white supremacist, anti masker Members of Congress who incited the mob in the first place, I exited. Furious that more of my colleagues by the day are testing positive.
— Ayanna Pressley (@AyannaPressley) January 12, 2021

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley wrote on Twitter Tuesday that she shared Ocasio-Cortez's concerns about the delegated safe room, and noted that some Republican lawmakers did not wear masks while sheltering.

Democratic lawmakers Rep. Pramila Jayapal, Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, and Rep. Brad Schneider have since tested positive for COVID-19, the Associated Press reports.

"The second I realized our "safe room" from the violent white supremacist mob included treasonous, white supremacist, anti masker Members of Congress who incited the mob in the first place, I exited," Rep. Pressley tweeted.

"Furious that more of my colleagues by the day are testing positive."

Rep. Pressley's office, too, proved unsafe, according to her chief of staff Sarah Groh.

Groh told the Boston Globe that after she and Pressley barricaded themselves in the office, alongside Pressley's husband and other staffers, they realized the security system had been sabotaged.

"Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit," Groh said.

Emily Dixon is a British journalist who’s contributed to CNN, Teen Vogue, Time, Glamour, The Guardian, Wonderland, The Big Roundtable, Bust, and more, on everything from mental health to fashion to political activism to feminist zine collectives.

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a3 ... es-matter/