TULSI GABBARD

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: TULSI GABBARD

Post by thelivyjr »

TULSI 2020

America —

Trump is betraying our troops.

With just one tweet he offered to place our military - my brothers in sisters in uniform - under the command of Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, the dictator of Saudi Arabia.

He tweeted: “We are locked and loaded … but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!”

Trump’s actions are a gross betrayal of my brothers and sisters in uniform, the American people, and our Constitution.

We are not Trump’s prostitutes, and we will not be pimped out to war for the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

Make no mistake: President Trump is making our country Saudi Arabia’s b*tch — this is not “America First.”

His willingness to pimp out our military to the highest foreign bidder is a betrayal of my proud brothers and sisters in uniform.

Servicemen and women who are ready to put our lives on the line for our country — not for the Islamist dictator of Saudi Arabia.

President Trump has shown time and time again that he is unfit to serve as our Commander in Chief.

Our country, my brothers and sisters in uniform, our children - we deserve a Commander in Chief who will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Who will honor our service members and put the wellbeing of our people and our country above all else.

For years I’ve been calling out Presidents from both political parties, the foreign policy establishment and the military industrial complex, for perpetuating wasteful regime change wars.

These wars cost American lives, trillions of taxpayer dollars, pain and suffering in the countries where we wage them, all while undermining our national security.

These wars are not only stupid, they’re unconstitutional.

I introduced the bipartisan No More Presidential Wars Act because -- and this might come as news to President Trump -- the President does not have the power under the United States Constitution to declare war.

Not on Iran, not on North Korea, and definitely not on behalf of Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.

Our country deserves a Commander in Chief who both understands and respects the rule of law.

One who will never stop calling out the warmongers in both parties, and who will end unconstitutional wars.

One who will honor those who are willing to put their lives on the line for our country by only sending them on missions worthy of their great sacrifice.

For the love of our country,

Tulsi Gabbard
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE NEW YORK TIMES

"What, Exactly, Is Tulsi Gabbard Up To?"

Lisa Lerer

13 OCTOBER 2019

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, is impressed with her political talent.

Richard B. Spencer, the white nationalist leader, says he could vote for her.

Former Representative Ron Paul praises her “libertarian instincts,” while Franklin Graham, the influential evangelist, finds her “refreshing.”

And far-right conspiracy theorists like Mike Cernovich see a certain MAGA sais quoi.

“She’s got a good energy, a good vibe."

"You feel like this is just a serious person,” Mr. Cernovich said.

“She seems very Trumpian.”

Among her fellow Democrats, Representative Tulsi Gabbard has struggled to make headway as a presidential candidate, barely cracking the 2 percent mark in the polls needed to qualify for Tuesday night’s debate.

She is now injecting a bit of chaos into her own party’s primary race, threatening to boycott that debate to protest what she sees as a “rigging” of the 2020 election.

That’s left some Democrats wondering what, exactly, she is up to in the race, while others worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media.

Perhaps strangest of all is the unusual array of Americans who cannot seem to get enough of her.

On podcasts and online videos, in interviews and Twitter feeds, alt-right internet stars, white nationalists, libertarian activists and some of the biggest boosters of Mr. Trump heap praise on Ms. Gabbard.

They like the Hawaiian congresswoman’s isolationist foreign policy views.

They like her support for drug decriminalization.

They like what she sees as censorship by big technology platforms.

Then there is 4chan, the notoriously toxic online message board, where some right-wing trolls and anti-Semites fawn over Ms. Gabbard, calling her “Mommy” and praising her willingness to criticize Israel.

In April, the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, took credit for Ms. Gabbard’s qualification for the first two Democratic primary debates.

Brian Levin, the head of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University-San Bernardino, said Ms. Gabbard had “the seal of approval” within white nationalist circles.

“If people have that isolationist worldview, there is one candidate that could best express them on each side: Gabbard on the Democratic side and Trump on the Republican side,” Mr. Levin said.

Ms. Gabbard has disavowed some of her most hateful supporters, castigating the news media for giving “any oxygen at all” to the endorsement she won from the white nationalist leader David Duke.

But her frequent appearances on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show have buoyed her support in right-wing circles.

Both Ms. Gabbard and her campaign refused requests for comment about her support in right-wing circles or threat to boycott the debate.

Even some political strategists who have worked with her are at a loss to explain her approach to politics.

“She’s a very talented person but I’m not sure, I just don’t know what to say about the campaign exactly,” said Mark Longabaugh, a Democratic strategist who worked with Ms. Gabbard when she was campaigning for Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont in 2016.

There is potential upside for Ms. Gabbard: Drawing more attention could energize her donors and perhaps attract more supporters, extending her candidacy’s life span.

Yet there is only confusion for several Democratic officials, activists and party officials, who privately say they have been a little spooked by Ms. Gabbard.

Rival campaigns worry about her unpredictable attacks if she participates in the debate, pointing to her sharp jabs against Senator Kamala Harris of California in an earlier matchup.

“She’s taken a series of policy steps which signal to the right that she has deep areas of alignment,” said Neera Tanden, a longtime policy adviser to Hillary Clinton who now leads the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank.

The questions deepened on Thursday after Ms. Gabbard threatened to boycott Tuesday’s debate, arguing that the corporate news media and the Democratic National Committee are working together to rig the event.

(The New York Times is a co-sponsor of the debate with CNN.)

That message resonates with many of Ms. Gabbard’s supporters.

In a moment marked by fractured politics, Ms. Gabbard’s nontraditional positions are a major part of her appeal for voters seeking to break out of polarized partisan divisions.

Joe Rogan, the popular podcast host, said he planned to vote for her.

Jack Dorsey, the chief executive of Twitter, donated to her campaign.

But it’s also an argument that reminds some Democrats of the narrative pushed by Russian actors during the 2016 presidential contest, when an operation by internet trolls worked to manipulate American public opinion: that the electoral system is broken and cannot be trusted.

Some of those who have worked with Ms. Gabbard say that, as an Iraq war veteran whose chief message is that America should stop trying to police the world, she is representing viewpoints that draw support from an array of people in the United States as well as abroad.

“In reality, Tulsi is really running on an antiwar message that’s consistent with where a lot of veterans are,” said Jon Soltz, chairman of the liberal veterans organization VoteVets.org, which worked closely with Ms. Gabbard during her first congressional campaign.

“I know everyone thinks there’s a conspiracy theory here but that’s really what she’s doing.”

Still, Democrats are on high alert about foreign interference in the next election and the D.N.C. is well aware of the frequent mentions of Ms. Gabbard in the Russian state news media.

An independent analysis of the Russian news media found that RT, the Kremlin-backed news agency, mentioned Ms. Gabbard frequently for a candidate polling in single digits, according to data collected by the Alliance for Securing Democracy, a group that seeks to track and expose efforts by authoritarian regimes to undermine democratic elections.

Disinformation experts have also pointed to instances of suspicious activity surrounding Ms. Gabbard’s campaign — in particular, a Twitter hashtag, #KamalaHarrisDestroyed, that trended among Ms. Gabbard’s supporters after the first Democratic debate, and appeared to be amplified by a coordinated network of bot-like accounts — but there is no evidence of coordination between these networks and the campaign itself.

Laura Rosenberger, a former policy aide to Mrs. Clinton’s campaign and director of the Alliance, sees Ms. Gabbard as a potentially useful vector for Russian efforts to sow division within the Democratic Party.

“The Russian activity could be part of a longer-term effort to drive a wedge among Democrats,” she said.

“This messaging has echoes of 2016.”

That kind of speculation inflames Ms. Gabbard’s supporters online, who are known for swarming Ms. Gabbard’s critics on Twitter, for attacking the news media and the Democratic establishment for perceived bias against her and for compiling YouTube clips of her “destroying” and “shutting down” her Democratic rivals.

Ms. Gabbard’s fans are especially sensitive to claims that she is supported by Russian bots and amplified by the Russian state-funded news media outlets — a conspiracy theory, they say, that is designed to delegitimize her campaign and her foreign policy views.

“This whole thing the Democratic Party has done by putting forward this false idea that there was collusion between Russia and Trump has hurt our relations in a huge way with the Russians,” Mr. Graham said.

“I can’t speak for Tulsi, but I think she feels kind of the same way on some of these things.”

While Democrats in Washington fret about Ms. Gabbard, her primary rivals have largely stayed silent, seeing little advantage in attacking a low-polling candidate.

She is likely to get harsher treatment back in Hawaii, where a cottage industry of researchers, former opponents and Democratic strategists has sprung up to track her connections and background and ties to the teachings of the guru Chris Butler, who founded The Science of Identity Foundation, and whose work she said still guides her.

Ms. Gabbard has said the focus on her relationship with Mr. Butler and her faith was fueled by anti-Hindu bigotry.

She already faces a serious primary challenge for her House seat from State Senator Kai Kahele, a Democrat.

Though his campaign is focused on economic issues, he sees Ms. Gabbard’s support from extremists as a potential liability.

“Clearly there’s something about her and her policies that attracts and appeals to these type of people who are white nationalists, anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers,” Mr. Kahele said.

“To her credit she has denounced David Duke, rejected these endorsements.

"But it does beg the question why.”

Ms. Gabbard, once a Democratic darling as a telegenic newcomer and the first Hindu member of Congress, began falling out of party favor during the Obama administration, when she picked a series of fights over foreign policy, joining Republicans in demanding that President Barack Obama use the term “radical Islam.”

In 2016, she resigned her position as vice chair of the D.N.C. to endorse Mr. Sanders over Mrs. Clinton.

While Ms. Gabbard has opposed recent military interventions in the Middle East, she has developed relationships with leaders known for their authoritarian tendencies.

She touts her support for Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, who has empowered Hindu fundamentalists at great cost to India’s minorities.

Ms. Gabbard also met with Egypt’s strongman leader, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, during a 2015 trip to Paris with Dana Rohrabacher, a former Republican congressman known for his ties to Russians.

Most controversially, she has repeatedly defended the brutal Syrian dictator, Bashar al-Assad, whom she met in January 2017.

Those positions confound even some of her former Republican supporters.

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a pro-Israel activist who founded the World Values Network, said he first met Ms. Gabbard through Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, who brought the congresswoman to dinner at a kosher restaurant in Washington.

His group, which is funded by the Republican megadonors Sheldon and Miriam Adelson, awarded Ms. Gabbard their “Champion of Freedom Award” at their annual gala in 2016.

A picture from the event shows a grinning Ms. Gabbard posing with Rabbi Boteach and Ms. Adelson.

In the three years since, Ms. Gabbard has criticized Israel for its reaction to protests, met with Mr. Assad and made several statements defending his regime.

“To have a moral woman like Tulsi who is a military hero suddenly sit with a man who did that was inexplicable,” Rabbi Boteach said.

“I don’t understand it until today."

"I can’t figure her out.”

Elizabeth Dias contributed reporting from Washington, and Kevin Roose from San Francisco.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... P17#page=2
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR June 20, 2019 at 6:52 pm

And that talk of the famous “Obama/Clinton reset” takes us back to a NATIONAL REVIEW article entitled “Russian Collusion, Clinton $tyle” by Deroy Murdock on March 27, 2018, where we had this necessary background, to wit:

In contrast, Team Mueller studiously ignores something more conspicuous than the iridescent onion domes atop Red Square’s St. Basil’s Cathedral: Private interests that closed deals with Vladimir Putin and his agents — thanks to then–secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s public favors — gave the Clinton Foundation between $152 million and $173 million.

Donations to the Clinton Foundation were, in essence, gift-wrapped presents for the Clintons.

Hillary’s March 2009 button-pushing “Russian reset” ceremony with Moscow’s foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, triggered this particular bonanza.

Hillary captured its essence in March 2010 when she told former Soviet propagandist Vladimir Pozner on First Channel TV: “Our goal is to help strengthen Russia.”

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/h ... -on-trump/
IF THERE IS ANYONE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHO IS A TRUE RUSSIAN ASSET, IT IS HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON HERSELF ...

CNN

"Hillary Clinton suggests Russians are 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run"

By Dan Merica, CNN

Updated 9:13 AM ET, Sat October 19, 2019

(CNN) — Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Thursday the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests.

The comment appears to be directed at Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who has been accused of being cozy with Russia in the past.

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe.

"She's the favorite of the Russians."

Clinton never names Gabbard, but there are only five women running for President -- Gabbard, California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and author Marianne Williamson -- and none of the other woman have been accused of being boosted by Russia.

Clinton did not provide proof about how Russia is "grooming" Gabbard.

She and her team pointed to allegations that Russian news and propaganda sites often report on Gabbard's campaign and that moments in Gabbard's campaign have been reportedly amplified by trolls and bots on Twitter with ties to Russia.

Gabbard has denied those allegations.

"They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far," Clinton said.

Clinton's team also noted that some of Gabbard's foreign policy views align closely with Russian interests.

Gabbard responded on Twitter Friday afternoon to Clinton's comments.

"Thank you @HillaryClinton."

"You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain," she tweeted.

"From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation," she added.

"We wondered who was behind it and why."

"Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose."

"It's now clear that this primary is between you and me."

"Don't cowardly hide behind your proxies."

"Join the race directly."

Responding to Gabbard's attacks, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said, "Divisive language filled with vitriol and conspiracy theories?"

"Can't imagine a better proof point than this."

Asked earlier if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard in her comment, Merrill told CNN, "If the nesting doll fits."

"This is not some outlandish claim."

"This is reality," Merrill said.

"If the Russian propaganda machine, both their state media and their bot and troll operations, is backing a candidate aligned with their interests, that is just a reality, it is not speculation."

On Friday evening, after Clinton's comments drew considerable criticism from both Democrats and Republicans, Merrill backed away from the former secretary of state's allegation, tweeting, "She doesn't say the Russians are grooming anyone."

"It was a question about Republicans."

Gabbard, in a late August interview with CNN, ruled out a third-party bid.

"I will not," the Hawaii Democrat told CNN.

"No, I have ruled that out."

Gabbard has tried to fight off the charge that she is being pushed by Russian interests.

"Just two days ago, the New York Times put out an article saying that I'm a Russian asset and an Assad apologist and all these different smears," Gabbard said, referring to a recent story that said she is being backed by Russians on Twitter.

"This morning, a CNN commentator said on national television that I'm an asset of Russia."

"Completely despicable."

Clinton also accused Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate in both the 2012 and 2016 elections, of being a "Russian asset."

"That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not, because she's also a Russian asset," Clinton said.

"Yes, she's a Russian asset, I mean, totally."

"They know they can't win without a third-party candidate."

Stein's campaign, which earned nearly 1.5 million votes in the 2016 election, was part of Russia's meddling efforts, according to a host of congressional reports, including a Senate Intelligence Committee report that indicated Russian social media efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election included messaging in support of Stein.

A summation of the report's findings on "comprehensive anti-Hillary Clinton operations" said while the group's assumed Twitter personas had some pro-Clinton content, "the developed Left-wing Twitter personas were still largely anti-Clinton and expressed pro-Bernie Sanders and pro-Jill Stein sentiments."

Stein, who had dinner with Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2015, has also compared Russian interference in the 2016 election to American overseas efforts.

"I think it would be naive to think that Russia did not try to interfere."

But, she said, "Certainly that's what the United States does," though she added, "that's not to justify it."

"Interference is wrong and it's an assault against democracy, and it should be pursued, but (the United States) should pursue it knowing that we do it, too."

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to reflect when Clinton made the comments, to provide more context about Clinton's allegations and with additional comment from a Clinton spokesman.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/politics ... index.html
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE GUARDIAN

"Gabbard: Clinton 'personifies rot that has sickened Democratic party'"

* 2016 candidate implies 2020 hopeful ‘favorite of the Russians’

* Congresswoman fires back in extraordinary intra-party spat"

Associated Press in Washington

Sat 19 Oct 2019 08.21 EDT Last modified on Sat 19 Oct 2019 13.55 EDT

The Hawaii congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard fought back after Hillary Clinton appeared to call her “the favorite of the Russians”.

In an interview, Clinton said she believes the Russians have “got their eye on somebody who’s currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate”.

The former senator, secretary of state and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate did not name Gabbard directly.

But in tweets on Friday, Gabbard called Clinton the “personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long”.

Gabbard also alleged there has been a “concerted campaign” to destroy her reputation since she announced her presidential run in January.

“It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me,” Gabbard tweeted about Clinton.

“Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies."

"Join the race directly.”

There is lingering trepidation in the Democratic party of a repeat of the 2016 race, when Russia interfered in an effort to help Donald Trump defeat Clinton.

US intelligence agencies have warned that Russia intends to meddle in 2020.

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, has mocked that possibility, joking earlier this month that Moscow would “definitely intervene”.

During a Democratic debate on Tuesday, Gabbard criticized a commentator who she said called her “an asset of Russia”.

She called the comments “completely despicable”.

Clinton seemed to echo the commentator’s remark during a podcast appearance this week on Campaign HQ with David Plouffe.

Plouffe was campaign manager for Barack Obama in 2008 and a senior adviser to the president.

“She’s the favorite of the Russians,” Clinton said, referring to the person she had earlier identified as a woman “who’s currently in the Democratic primary”.

”They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

Clinton also called Trump “Vladimir Putin’s dream”.

She went on to say Trump’s inauguration speech was “like a declaration of war on half of America”.

Clinton also described the 2016 Green party presidential candidate Jill Stein as “a Russian asset”.

The Russians know they can’t win without a third-party candidate, Clinton added.

Gabbard said on CBSN she “will not be leaving the Democratic party."

"I will not be running as an independent or a third-party candidate.”

Stein, who ran against Trump and Clinton, received about 1% of the vote in the 2016 election.

But some Democrats said her candidacy syphoned votes from Clinton and helped Trump win, particularly in states like Wisconsin.

The Senate intelligence committee asked Stein for documents as part of its inquiry into Russian interference in the election because she attended a 2015 dinner in Moscow sponsored by the Russian television network RT, with Putin.

Stein has said she attended “with a message of Middle East peace, diplomacy and cooperation”.

In a tweet on Friday, Stein accused Clinton of “peddling conspiracy theories to justify her failure instead of reflecting on real reasons Dems lost in 2016”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... atic-party
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

"'Hillary's gone crazy': Trump knocks Clinton for 'Russian asset' jab at Gabbard"

Carlin Becker

20 OCTOBER 2019

President Trump slammed Hillary Clinton for insinuating that Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard and former Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein are "Russian" assets.

"So now Crooked Hillary is at it again!"

"She is calling Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard 'a Russian favorite,' and Jill Stein 'a Russian asset,'" he tweeted Saturday night.

"As you may have heard, I was called a big Russia lover also (actually, I do like Russian people. I like all people!)."

"Hillary’s gone Crazy!"

During a Thursday podcast interview, Clinton said Russia had groomed Stein to be a spoiler third-party candidate in 2016 and implied that the Kremlin is doing the same with Gabbard in order to take votes away from the 2020 Democratic ticket and secure Trump's reelection.

"They are also going to do third party again," Clinton, 71, said.

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate."

"She is a favorite of the Russians," she continued, referring to Gabbard without mentioning the Hawaii representative by name.

"They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."

"That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she is also a Russian asset."

Gabbard, who is currently a major in the Hawaii Army National Guard, fired back at Clinton on Friday, calling her "the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long."

Some of her fellow 2020 Democratic contenders later came to her defense.

On Saturday, Stein also defended herself and said Clinton's accusation is a "completely unhinged conspiracy theory."

Trump previously weighed in on the controversy on Stein's behalf, blasting "Crooked Hillary" for attacking the "respected environmentalist."

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Gabbard says she's open to 'face-to-face' meeting with Clinton, amid 'Russian asset' accusation"

Gregg Re

22 OCTOBER 2019

Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard on Monday suggested that a "face-to-face" with Hillary Clinton might be an appropriate next step, as lawmakers from across the political spectrum, including President Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders, condemned Clinton's unfounded suggestion that the congresswoman is a secret Russian asset.

Speaking to reporters at an Iowa coffee shop, Gabbard, D-Hawaii, lamented that Clinton had pulled out of a planned appearance at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit, where Gabbard is set to speak.

Clinton was said to have abandoned the summit to avoid appearing with former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

"Well, she had something to say about me, and I would have been very happy to have that conversation directly face-to-face with her," Gabbard said.

Earlier Monday, Sanders, I-Vt., joined fellow presidential candidates Andrew Yang, Marianne Williamson and Beto O'Rourke in defending Gabbard.

"Tulsi Gabbard has put her life on the line to defend this country," Sanders tweeted, referring to Gabbard's overseas deployments.

"People can disagree on issues, but it is outrageous for anyone to suggest that Tulsi is a foreign asset."

Asked for her reaction to Sanders' comment, Gabbard said only, "Thank you for speaking the truth."

Gabbard said she had not spoken with Sanders since last week's presidential primary debate.

In addition to suggesting Gabbard was a "Russian asset" in a recent interview, Clinton asserted, also without evidence, that Russians were "grooming her to be the third-party candidate" and spoiler in the 2020 race.

Clinton hinted that Gabbard was the "favorite of the Russians."

But, Gabbard reiterated to reporters Monday that she would commit to voting for the Democrats' eventual nominee, and would not run as a third-party candidate.

"I've already said that many times," Gabbard said when asked if she'd stay with the Democrats instead of mounting a third-party bid.

Gabbard acknowledged that she had met with Trump when he was president-elect in order to discuss foreign policy, but insisted the discussions were not about any potential role in his administration.

Gabbard also said she hadn't since talked to Trump about foreign policy.

"I was never offered a job," Gabbard said.

"That was not what is about."

"I was asked if I wanted to go and speak to the then-president-elect about foreign policy, and that's what I did."

Also Monday, Trump sounded a note of empathy for Gabbard, saying he had some familiarity with being accused of Russian collaboration without any evidence.

'I said, wait a minute, it took me two-and-a-half years, I wish [Clinton] would have said that earlier because people ... have realized she is crazy."

"She’s crazy," the president told Fox News' Sean Hannity.

"She's accusing everyone of being a Russian agent," Trump told reporters, referring to Clinton.

"She's not a Russian agent."

"These people are sick."

"There’s something wrong with them."

Trump added that he thought Clinton's accusations against Gabbard ultimately would help his own political chances in 2020.

Gabbard has asserted that Clinton was targeting her because Gabbard ended her tenure as vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in 2016 by quitting and throwing her support behind Sanders.

At the time, Gabbard accused party leaders of stifling her freedom of speech and unfairly tipping the scales in favor of Clinton's presidential campaign.

"People warned me in 2016 that my endorsement of Bernie Sanders would be the end of my 'political career' — they said Clinton would never forget," Gabbard said a video posted on Twitter on Sunday, "that she and her rich and powerful friends — her allies in politics and the media — will make sure you're destroyed."

After a Clinton spokesperson all but confirmed Clinton was referring specifically to Gabbard as a "Russian asset," Gabbard fired back that Clinton was "queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party!"

Fox News' Kelly Phares in Grinnell, Iowa, contributed to this report.

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE CAPE CHARLES MIRROR December 23, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Paul Plante says :

These are craven acts, MJM, on the part of Congresswoman Luria, who alleges she served in the United States military, which exists to defend the rights of the citizens, not the perogatives of tyrants and despots in the House of Representatives, and especially Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, who showed herself to be a traitor to the American values of TRUTH, JUSTICE, EQUAL PROTECTION OF LAW, and DUE PROCESS OF LAW, when she took the craven coward’s way out at the impeachment vote by cowering there fearful of the ire of Nancy Pelosi and said in a puny, weak voice, “present,” instead of standing up and pointing out to the TYRANNICAL DESPOT Nancy Pelosi, dubbed the “Swamp Queen” by the New York Post, that as a member of this nation’s military pledged to defend the rights of ALL American citizens, even Donald Trump, who the Democrats detest and hate with a vengeance only Democrats who are ruled by their passions and emotions can muster up, she was not going to take part in stripping Donald Trump of his most basic rights as an American citizen, and she should have then pointed to United States president John Adams agreeing to defend the eight British soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre in court, risking his political status, due to his belief in fairness of law and justice, the basic structure of laws in the United States.

THE BASIC STRUCTURE OF LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Until the Democrats and Congresswoman Luria and Congresswoman Gabbard smashed that basic structure of laws in the United States down into the muck the Democrat party wallows in, in their zeal to destroy their POLITICAL ENEMY, who happens to be the commander-in-chief of Tulsi Gabbard when she is on military duty.

In New York State, pursuant to section 2140.7 of New York State Public Health Law, Article 21, Title 4: Rabies, if Donald Trump, the president of the United States of America, were a dog suspected of having rabies, he would actually have more legal rights than he does as president, as we see from the following:

“Confinement and observation” refers to the conditions under which apparently healthy dogs, cats, domesticated ferrets, and domestic livestock, which are not exhibiting symptoms of rabies, must be maintained to determine rabies status if such an animal has potentially exposed a person to rabies, and the owner wishes to avoid euthanizing and testing the animal.

If the county health authority does not approve home confinement, the ten day confinement and observation period must take place, at owner’s expense, at an appropriate facility such as an animal shelter, veterinarian’s office, kennel or farm.

The confinement must include (i) provisions to prevent escape of the animal during the confinement period and (ii) requirements that the owner notify the public health authority immediately if the animal becomes ill at anytime during confinement, and (iii) verification by the county health authority or their designee at the end of the ten day period that the animal is healthy.

If a police work dog bites an individual in the course of such dog’s official duty the police department may apply for a waiver from confinement from the local department of health.

As part of such application for a waiver, the police department shall provide the local health department with records of such dog’s past vaccination for rabies and proof that such dog’s rabies vaccinations are up-to-date.

end quotes

In America, rabid dogs have protection of law while an American president does not.

That is what Congresswoman Luria and Congresswoman Gabbard are saying.

British soldiers who weren’t American citizens and who were part of a foreign military force in Boston shot down American citizens and they were entitled to PROTECTION OF LAW, because that is what makes us Americans better than ANIMALS, whose only instinct is to rend and tear.

Neither belongs in OUR United States House of Representatives.

http://www.capecharlesmirror.com/news/c ... ent-211174
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE HILL

"Gabbard calls on Biden, Sanders to help put her on debate stage"

Tal Axelrod

7 MARCH 2020

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) is calling on former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) to urge the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to allow her on stage for the next primary debate after newly released qualifications for the event barred her from participating.

"@JoeBiden @BernieSanders I'm sure you would agree that our Democratic nominee should be a person who will stand up for what is right."

"So I ask that you have the courage to do that now in the face of the DNC's effort to keep me from participating in the debates."

"#LetTulsiDebate," Gabbard tweeted late Friday night.

To keep me off the stage, the DNC again arbitrarily changed the debate qualifications. Previously they changed the qualifications in the OPPOSITE direction so Bloomberg could debate. I ask that you stand w/ me against the DNC's transparent effort to exclude me from the debates.
- Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) March 7, 2020

The direct call to Biden and Sanders, the two heavyweights remaining in the 2020 primary race, comes after the DNC said candidates must have garnered at least 20 percent of the delegates awarded thus far to make the debate stage in Phoenix on March 15.

Gabbard, who has refused to drop her longshot White House bid despite dismal results in the first several nominating states, has garnered just two of the 1,385 delegates awarded thus far, falling way below the threshold.

She has not qualified for a debate since November under previous standards from the DNC.

Six states will hold primaries and caucuses Tuesday, though it is virtually impossible that Gabbard will net enough delegates from the contests to hit the 20 percent mark.

The Hawaii lawmaker has repeatedly railed against the DNC, accusing it at times of seeking to kneecap her campaign.

She specifically cited a rule change last month regarding the polling qualifications for debates that allowed former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg to appear on stage twice before he dropped out of the race.

"To keep me off the stage, the DNC again arbitrarily changed the debate qualifications," she tweeted.

"Previously they changed the qualifications in the OPPOSITE direction so Bloomberg could debate."

"I ask that you stand w/ me against the DNC's transparent effort to exclude me from the debates."

The Hawaii Democrat, an Iraq War veteran, has centered her longshot White House bid around reducing America's military entanglements abroad, though has caught flak over a 2017 meeting with Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad and past positions opposed to LGBTQ rights.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections ... id=HPDHP17
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

FOX NEWS

"Former Rep Tulsi Gabbard reveals some Democrats' 'dangerous mindset,' compares it to dictators'"

Fox News Staff

24 JUNE 2022

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard showed the "dangerous" ways in which some Democrats think Friday on "Jesse Watters Primetime."

TULSI GABBARD: We need to stay within the bounds of the Constitution and the rule of law.

I think the thing that I frankly have heard from some Democrats is an even more dangerous thing than that fear that you're talking about, which is they feel like that they need to do whatever they need to do in order to save America.

And that is a dangerous mindset to have.

You look throughout history, just about every single dictator who does whatever they feel they need to do, they feel like their cause is just, and so when we have people in positions of power — yes, in government, but in other sectors of our society as well, who feel like they need to do all they can to save the country, to save the people, and yet they are defying our Constitution and undermining our democracy and ruining our country in the process.

This is what we need to protect ourselves and our country and our future from.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d3e5783bcc
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

THE INDEPENDENT

"Tulsi Gabbard says she’s no longer a Democrat"

Gino Spocchia

11 OCTOBER 2022

One-time presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard has said she is no longer a Democrat after speculation about her political allegiance.

Taking to Twitter on Tuesday, the former Democrat senator for Hawaii said she is leaving the party she once completed to represent as president – eventually being beaten by Joe Biden.

Issuing a lengthy statement decrying what she has dubbed “an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness”, Ms Gabbard listed a number of reasons for her departure including the US president’s border policy and Democrat “ideology”.

Many expressed a lack of surprise over the announcement, with the former senator having long expressed criticism of Mr Biden and the Democratic Party as a whole.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 4c57c69f72