COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

thelivyjr
Site Admin

Re: COMMENTARY FROM jeffmoskin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:40 p Government can be a force for good; it was when I was growing up.

But ultimately, people need to take better care of themselves.

Obesity is a national crisis.

Good afternoon, jeffmoskin!

And if I recall, the government in this country happens to be us ...

Or used to be, anyway ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

On another note, with that submarine deal which undercut some French deal, the old goofball has now turned the EU against him ...

Dude is off to a rough start, it seems ...
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

According to Woodward's new book, we came very close to having tRUMP serve a second term.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

That sounds like Woodward has become a science fiction writer.

Or maybe he is trying to capture the title of "father of absurdism" from Albert Camus, and thereby join with other writers most commonly associated with Absurdism such as Samuel Beckett, Eugène Ionesco, Jean Genet, Arthur Adamov, Harold Pinter, and Edward Albee, as well as a number of lesser-known dramatists.
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

No, I think he is pointing out how dangerously close America came to having a coup resulting in the second tRUMP presidency. I personally do not want to read a 600 page book about the former guy, but the memo from John Eastman, outlining the "6 step plan" is chilling. Fortunately, Mike Pence did not go for it, but he is really all that stood in the way.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programing.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

That whole thing was a FARCE from front to back and those people quoted were all whack-jobs ...

Woodward is slinging horse**** with his crazy talk about "six step plans" ...

Dude is making that crap up out of whole cloth to sell his pulp to the gullible public that hates tRUMP with a passion and as a result, are ready to believe any and every wild and tall tale about him ...

The real dacts are that on 3 January 2021, three (3) days before the sealed boxes with the electoral votes sealed in them were to be unsealed, Nancy Pelosi GUARANTEED to the Democrats that when the sealed boxes were unsealed on 6 January 2021, Joe Biden, who provoked that violence on 6 January 2021 with a toxic, poisonous Hitlerian speech on 31 August 2020 calling for the literal overthrow of the tRUMP regime, would be the president ...

That is all a matter of public record ...

Joe's toxic, poisonous partisan political speech on 31 August 2020 calling for tRUMP's overthrow is also a matter of record, so if Woodward makes no mention of it in what sounds very much like sensationalist yellow journalism on his part to put some coin in his pocket, because hey, when you live in the fast land with the fast movers and heavy hitters like Bobby Woodward does, you can never have enough jingle in your pocket, he's an idiot ...

So there was indeed a coup that Joe Biden called for on 31 August 2020 and tRUMP got ousted ...

End of that story as far as I am concerned ...

Welcome to the THIRD WORLD!
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

jeffmoskin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:40 p I personally do not want to read a 600 page book about the former guy, but the memo from John Eastman, outlining the "6 step plan" is chilling.

Fortunately, Mike Pence did not go for it, but he is really all that stood in the way.

The Constitution and RULE OF LAW, not the weak sister Mike Pence, a drooling, mouth-breathing idiot, are what stood in the way ...

That whole lash-up down there is PATHETIC, and that includes Bob Woodward, or should it be Bob Windbag ...

And who is this moron lawyer (aren't they all, really) John Eastman who apparently thought he could defeat the Constitution with a stupid lawyer's plan?

A Harvard law school grad?

Sounds like it to me because that's the kind of infantile horsecrap you can expect from a Harvard trained lawyer ...
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

How come we pick presidential candidates in this sick country by dredging them up from the putrid muck at the bottom of the political barrel?
jeffmoskin

Post by jeffmoskin »

I don't have the answer to that one.

In ancient Athens, leaders were chosen by lots. Did not matter if you wanted to serve or not. Oh, and you had to sell your business and not make any money while serving.
thelivyjr
Site Admin

Post by thelivyjr »

I like the sounds of that model, actually ...

I still cannot believe that I live in a country that would have either Donald tRUMP or Joe Biden for its "leader" ...

If they are truly the best we have, and there is nobody better, then this nation is in some real serious trouble ...